Cdn Payroll

I am running GP V9 and having dificulty getting my Canadian Payroll up and
running. I am unable to register the Payroll key code. Has any one had
dificulty entering the code and if so what was the solution. I am attempting
to enter it at Tools/Setup/Payroll-Canadian/Control
thanks
frank
--
Vancouver, Canada
0

OT in CDN payroll
Does anyone know of a product that will allow us to calculate OT automatically in CDN payroll by province and not just by employee? Thanks! -- Gina Hoener, MCT Summit Group Software www.summitgroupsoftware.com ...

2004 Payroll Year end Closing
I tried to create the wage file for 2004 and Great Plains Tells me its already been set up. I did not create the file manually so what happen and can I run it again. has this happen to anyone else if so what do I do?-- DJohnson ------=_NextPart_0001_48A5960E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Are you referring to the Payroll Year End Wage File? You can view all existing wage files under Utilities > Payroll > Remove Year End Info. If 2004 is already listed here, you could remove it. Do not remove any other years that may be listed. Once 2004 has been r...

payroll negative amount #2
I overpaid an employee. How do I run a negative amount in the payroll transaction entry? I get the message saying pay code cannot have a negative amount. Somehow I need to get this money adjusted. You will have to enter a one-time deduction. HS "alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d7801c507b2$79cdc9f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I overpaid an employee. How do I run a negative amount > in the payroll transaction entry? I get the message saying > pay code cannot have a negative amount. Somehow I need > to get this money adjusted. ...

How Do I know what the Tax Status is in Payroll
I don't understand the Tax Status on the Microsoft Excel Payroll Calendar. Any help would be nice. Thank you. ...

Converting CDN Edition 98 to CDN Edition 2006
I've been fighting with this for a while, and I just can't seem to get it to work. I've tried the KB article about converting via the trial edition of 2004 or 2005, but neither of them work. They both report that the file was "created with an incompatible version." My suspicion is that the 2004 and 2005 versions referenced in the Knowledge Base (913108) is the US version, and is unable to convert the Canadian Edition files. Any suggestions? Is there a CDN trial of 2004 or 2005 available? Has anyone got any brilliant ideas? Are there any CDN trial editions in t...

Payroll-Canada "Payroll T4 Edit
I did not want to use a support request. Please forward this info to the correct people. Thank you. Payroll-Canada "Payroll T4 Edit - Canada" window The T4 creation process has been completed. Tools > Routines > Payroll-Canada > T4 Edit Open the window. Type in an Employee ID Tab expected result: T4 information fills in for the selected employee actual result: nothing fills in window workaround: use the looking glass to select the Employee ID. -- Dave Mann Diamond Municipal Solutions Helping the Public Sector achieve greater success. ---------------- This post is ...

HR integration to outside payroll vendor
Does anyone know of any other integration between GP payroll and an outside payroll vendor, besides Payroll Connect, which only goes to ADP? I am looking for something that might go to Ceridian or Paychex. Thanks -- Debbie from Wipfli Debbie, ePartners (www.epartnersolutions.com) might have what you are looking for in what they call their ePartners Signature Series which they inherited from EYT when they acquired that company. Not sure what the exact status of the products are currently, but probably a good place to start. Rick "dsk1" wrote: > Does anyone know of a...

27th period for payroll
Has anyone encountered problems when there is a 27th pay period in Project Accounting? The number of periods only goes to 26 and then the subsequent periods are all wong. Thanks! -- Gina Hoener, MCT Summit Group Software www.summitgroupsoftware.com ...

Payroll Posting Accounts #2
Would like the capability to have a find/search button on this window. Have a client with 60+ pages of PR Posting accounts and don't want to scroll through entire listing each time. > Also would like to have 'Location' added. Same client has only 1 company and uses the 'Location' field to determine where employee is employed. GL follows this with a different GL account for each respective location. Thanks ...

inactive vs terminated employee in payroll
Is there a way to inactivate an employee without terminating them if they are on a leave of absence? We are on Version 9.0 using Payroll with no HR and no payroll enhancements. I guess you can. Open the Employee Maintenance screen, select that particular Employee and select "Inactive" against that Employee. This will enable two fields on that screen: "Date Inactivated" and "Reason". Enter the appropriate values and save it. Now this employee is deactivated. Hope that helps. -- Regards, Vaidy "NKBORELLI" wrote: > Is there a way to inactiv...

Creating payroll batch for 2006 prior to payroll year-end 2005
Is there any danger? Specifically, does the year-end processing adversely affect the payroll transaction batch(es) scheduled for payment during the following calendar year, and, does the existence of pending batches adversely affect the year-end process? My uninformed opinion is that creating batches for next year should be just fine; otherwise recurring batches would be in big trouble!? Thanks. ...

Cdn Payroll
I am running GP V9 and having dificulty getting my Canadian Payroll up and running. I am unable to register the Payroll key code. Has any one had dificulty entering the code and if so what was the solution. I am attempting to enter it at Tools/Setup/Payroll-Canadian/Control thanks frank -- Vancouver, Canada ...

2003 CDN Edition
I am trying to set up a retirement account that my employer contributes to; a 5 year guaranteed interest account. Even tho I have the CDN edition, all banking info and retirement account info is for US users, no CDN info available. Is this the same for '04 and '05 versions? What type of retirement account should I be choosing for the GIC (the 401K perhaps)? The account is just over 5 years old, so there are bi-weekly contributions from my employer, plus on a monthly basis, there are transfers out to RRSP's because of the maturing 5 year old deposits (the employer recen...

Money 2004 Cdn
I can't download my bank statements because my bank is not listed in the available list (even though it's supposed to be a Canadian version). Anyone know if it's possible to add a bank to the list? Thanks. Just wait until you realizd the MS Money Canadian 2004 has no idea what an RRSP is! It's garbage software. I'm moving to Quicken. In news:056c01c3d1c7$a654d3a0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Pam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't download my bank statements because my bank is not > listed in the available list (even though it's supposed...

Payroll
How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > What do you want to change it to? "Raja" wrote: > How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. > ...

CDN Payroll and HR
Are there any companies out there...actually running this ..successfully??? We have just upgraded to 8.0 Thanks MLF We have just started the HR side however we are using 7.5 still working out the bugs. We won't be upgrading to 8.0 not until those bugs are worked out. Good Luck! "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Are there any companies out there...actually running > this ..successfully??? > > We have just upgraded to 8.0 > > Thanks > > MLF > Be very carefull updating as it caused one of our companies not to upgrade properly.....

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

Money 2003 Cdn Version
I can't get Money 2003 to properly identify the currency as Canadian in the Portfolio section. In Portfolio, I can change the account so that it correctly shows Canadian currency (although for some reason it also shows US) but when I try to "Update prices" the dialog box is always in US and treats it as US, hence providing an incorrect balance for the account. I've tried changing the "regional settings" and the "Base" currency and they seem to handle the general issues but it doesn't change the "Update prices" dialog box. Help! ...

2006 Money CDN
#1 - Since my bank switched the download file format last February, the field which displays the downloaded balance is no longer being updated. Both fields, the left-hand top and the right-hand top still show last January's balance. #2 - Since the DRP is no longer available in the CDN version, how do I amend the credit information per credit card? Any suggestions? -- Seymour re #2 above, I have tried the change to Liability from Credit Card type to no avail. I never get the option to change liability info. -- Seymour "Seymour Newman" <sunrisecc@gmail.com>...

GP 10 Payroll Set up
HI All, We are a gold certified partner and are starting a gp 10 payroll project does anyone out there have a good payroll set up checklist they could share with me?? I loked on partnersource and could not find anything, Appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Yo can email me any set up checklist you may have at jims@em-powered.com or call me at 814-942-8777 ext 117 Thank You Jim Empower Business Solutions Jim, Are you looking for the HR/Payroll combination, or just Payroll? Leslie "Jim" wrote: > HI All, We are a gold certified partner and are sta...

Payroll Posting Account Setup
I get the following message when setting up a Payroll Posting Account; the grid doesn't show as existing account. "An account has been assigned already tothis department, position and code combination" How do I fix this problem? Hi Rick, The combination you are trying to enter already exist, as the message says. what happens in the windows is when you save or change the accounts types the data in the grid is sorted. you need to go back to the whole list to check the same combination exists or not, sure you will find it. Regards Akram. "RickSean" wrote: >...

HELP! Money 2004 Cdn Edition vs ?
I currently own and use Money 2000 Deluxe (Cdn Edition) for my finances and want to upgrade my financial software. I recently rec'd a copy of Quicken XG but am finding it next to impossible to use with my financial services (PC Financial) while I know it works with Money. My question is what is the difference between the Cdn Edition Money 2004 and the various US editions ie Std, Deluxe, etc....??? Is there now or will there be in future a CDN DELUXE Money 2004 or should I buy the STD Edition which is available now??? Can I still import my investments ie mutuals and stock automatic...

Inactive Payroll Pay Codes Can Still Be Used
We have noticed that in version 8.0 and prior (of Great Plains) that inactivating a pay code in Payroll Pay Code Setup does not make it inaccessible in Employee Pay Code maintenance. A pay code whose setup is inactive can be pulled in on an employee's pay code window and activated without warning or stopping the user. We would like the system to either stop or warn people from using or reactivating pay codes at the employee level if that pay code has been inactivated on its main setup window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

Payroll
Hi Guys I have a spread sheet i am working on, Excel 2003 "B" "C" "D" "E" "F" Day Date Hours Worked Total Pay Sickness? Thu 01/04/2010 0.00 £0.00 Fri 02/04/2010 12.00 £90.00 Sat 03/04/2010 12.00 £90.00 Sun 04/04/2010 12.00 £90.00 Mon 05/04/2010 0.00 £0.00 Tue 06/04/2010 0.00 £0.00 Wed 07/04/2010 0.00 £0.00 Thu 08/04/2010 0.00 £0.00 Fri 09/04/2010 12.00 £90.00 s Sat 10/04/2010 12.00 £90.00 Sun 11/04/2010 12...