Cash transactions posted to different period

In Manual Payment entry, when recording expenses to be posted to  a prior
period and entering the cash payment in the current period, all in the same
transaction, I find ALL transactions will  post to the same date of the cash
transaction.

This is version 7.5 . Has this been resolved in a more current version?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e7ec1073-e072-43ed-923e-f5d9b5e49ae9&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Sackner (1)

Cash flow problem 2005
I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to create at least one checking, savings or cash account before you go to cash flow forecast. I already have two checking acounts. Any thoughts... Try searching the group "microsoft.public.money" at http://groups.google.com This has come up before. I can't recall the solution(s) or excuse(s). "maj" <maj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DF88AB4-6168-4B26-A651-78A60F7BD906@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to > c...

Too much cash warning
I have a customer that wants to be warned that the drawer has reached X amount of dollars and a cash drop is needed before they can proceed with sales. Example: Max Cash Limit: $1000 Opening Amount: $200 When sales reach $800 a mandatory cash drop is necessary before they can continue. Is this possible to do without an add-on? Is there a work around or at least a notification of some sort? We have "Drop Notification" as part of the RR Store Utility. If you wish to try this or know more about it please contact me. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm =...

cash sales off on a register
this is weird, but the cash sales are off on one of our register z reports. that is, the number on the Cash line on the Z-report is a few hundred dollars less at the end of the day than the number in either a daily sales or tender summary report. I know that it is register #1 cash sales because our other 2 registers' cash and credit sales, and credit on register #1 match exactly with what is reported in manager. Only the cash line on the Z-report of one register is off. Does anybody know what is going on? thanks, kamal I sounds like you may have had some sales done after the Z-report w...

Receipt Not posting to the Journal
Just recently one of my stores has encountered an error after tendering a sale. The POS station froze at printing receipts, when they get back in, there is no receipt in the journal (Therefore the customer cannot get a receipt). If it is a charge the transaction shows in the EDC batch or if I run certain management reports it shows with a transaction number but I cannot access the receipt. Does anyone know what may be causing this problem, it is completely random and has no rhyme or reason. Thanks in Advance. Scott I have had this problem in the past and for me it was caused by ...

Transfer Category vs Transfer Transaction Type?
I have several accounts which I transfer money between using online banking. Money allows two ways to record this: Either create a Transaction with a type of Transfer, or create a withdrawal Transaction and set its Category to 'Transfer To: Accountname' Im wondering what impact it has if I choose one way over the other. Would it affect any reports, or is there anything I should be aware of when choosing? At the moment Im not even consistent in which one I pick, and so Im worried I could be messing up my accounts. Also, If I wanted to record a balance payment to my credit card, shoul...

Loan cash to a friend with interest
Hi, is there an account to register some cash I lend to friend, but he is making payments only for the interest not for the principal? He will pay the principal someday, but right now he is paying me interest. Becuase with money I can only track loan with interest but for credits I received, not for credits I am giving. Thanks You don't say what version/edition/mode of Money you are using. Money (except Essentials (MEss)) can create a Loan Account when you are lending money--it's the first or second question the account setup genie asks. But in this case that's still probabl...

Cash receipt remains open for the invoice document with history status
There is a cash receipt that is still remain open for the invoice document has previously applied, and this invoice document status has changed to History (because of this status the cash receipt cannot be applied to this invoice. I have done the Reconcile and CheckLinks GP > Tools > Utilities > Sales > Reconcile Current Customer Information Outstanding Document Amounts for the particular customer ID. GP > Maintenance > CheckLinks > Sales Receivable Transaction History Files Receivable Batch History Receivable Open Transaction File Receivable S...

How to save 'Forecast your cash flow' results
Hi, The way I can create various reports with different settings and save them in favourites so that I can use that setting in future, how can I save 'Forecast your cash flow' settings to use in future? Basically I do check my cash forecast by using different accoutns and categories. If I want to save that setting, who can I save that? @shish No way. Sad, but there it is. "@shish daga" <shishdaga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53E0F4C-878A-4EE7-924F-F43ED6B6F54A@microsoft.com... > The way I can create various reports with different setting...

Money Cash Flow Button quit working!!
All was going fine, then, without any cause I can tell, I quit getting a Cash Flow for one of my accounts. I went to the Cash Flow report, and it was $0.00 forever on that one as well. I closed, rebooted, and went back into MS Money 2002. There still was no Cash Flow generating for that 1 account, but then the Cash Flow button on the toolbar quit working. Please help! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.pgp?q=67. "Christopher" <cadams35@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message news:186601c426df$f6d5dd70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > All was going fine, then, without any cause I can t...

Different Versions of Object Libraries
I have Access 2000 and 2003 on my development machine. My client only has Access 2000. When I develop for this client, I run Access 2000. However, my code requires that I have the Microsoft Word Object Library and Microsoft Outlook Object Library listed in References. As I result, on my machine they're listed as version 11.0, and then, when I upload the file, they show as missing. So I have to go through the steps of removing the references and then re-adding them on the client's machine for version 9.0. Obviously this is a bit of a pain I'd prefer to avoid. I realize I cou...

Payables Transaction Inquiry
This is really weird. By the way we are still using version 7.5. User belongs to class and has access to multiple companies. When viewing vendor information in one company, the Amounts show as zero ($0.00), but in other companies the Amounts are correct. We have tried the following: 1. Logged off and logged back in 2. I unmarked and marked his access to Purchasing windows and files. 3. Ran Grant sql script on the company we are having trouble. He was even able to pull up the documents using By Transactions and the amounts show up. Can someone tell me if they have seen this befor...

formula for cash on cash payback
how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? I think you will need to describe what you mean. Are you talking about "return on investment"? kpc help wrote: > how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? ...

Message Size Changes (no replies to earlier posts) please help
I recently changed the miximum message size on our organization from 10MB to 25MB to support a new partnership. Since changing the messages size limits, I am still being warned (MAPI client) that the message exceeds the size allowed for my user. Changes: Global Settings > Message Delivery > Defaults (sending message size 10240 to 25000) Administrative Groups > My Group > Routing Groups > My Routing Group > Connectors > Internet Mail (SMTP) Connector > Content Restrictions (allowed sizes 10240 to 25000) Administrative Groups > My Group > Routing Groups > My ...

Which QIF transactions to use to import short sales?
I am attempting to import a QIF file of stock transactions into Money 2004. My long buys and sells work fine, but I am having trouble having Money recognise short sales and buys. Through trial and error, the closest I got was using transaction QIF transaction of Sell "NSell" which works for the initial short sale, but following it with a Buy "NBuy" does not result in Money recognizing this as a buy to cover. I tried using "NCover Short" and it seemed to be rejected. So right now, I have to manually go in and correct each Buy to Cover. Is there a Money refere...

Setup USB Cash Drawer
Hi, I have an M-S Cashdrawer with USB connection and I am having trouble getting it to pop. Does anybody have experience with this particular cash drawer? ...

Analytical Accounting detail transaction lost.
I have MS Dynamics GP10 on SQL server 2005. Our finance department complains about the Detail transaction in Analytical Accounting transaction window does not appear, while posting they have report for detail transaction. can any body help me to retreive the details for the Transaction. ...

Empty transactions when downing from Bank
Hi! I am using MS Money 2005 Deluxe. I have defined my bank correctly and I can get transactions, but they are blank. The date is correct, but it has no payee/deposit/payment info. The bank is HVFCU (Hudson Vally Federal Credit Union) Thanks, Bill ...

Same investment in two different accounts
Just converted from Money 2000 to Money 2004 Deluxe with Win XP, and sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am trying to set up a new retirement account with a total stock market index mutual fund in it. However, when I put in the symbol for this fund, it tells me that I am already using this symbol (which I am, in a different account for my kid). I know it cannot be that you can't own the same mutual fund in two different accounts, but what am I doing wrong? In microsoft.public.money, maydog wrote: >Just converted from Money 2000 to Money 2004 Deluxe with >Win XP, and ...

Different after emailing-Why?
I created a simple spreadsheet that had some merged cells & formulas on it. But, after I sent it as an attachment via email to someone (on AOL), the merged cells & formulas were gone. This person has the same MSOffice version as me. Any suggestions as to what is causing this? A long time ago, I'd send workbooks to my brother who still uses AOL. Sometimes he could read it, sometimes not. It sounds kind of weird that only the formulas and merged cells would be messed up, but you may want to try zipping the file and letting him extract it. I use winzip (www.winzip.com). David ...

get (default) page margins for different paper types
As known, we can use DeviceCapabilities with DC_PAPERS Retrieves a list of supported paper sizes. My question is: how do we retrieve the list of default page margins for each paper size? This should be doable because the preview image inside the page setup dialog (eg in Notepad) displays different margins for different paper size selection. I tried this approach but it didn't work: (1) Use SetPrinter to change the paper size (see "Set up/change printer orientation and select paper type/size" By AlexEvans ) (2) Use GetDeviceCaps() with PHYSICALOFFSETX and PHYSICALOFFSETY to get ...

Transaction Order
When I import from my bank (using the OFX file) Money sometimes does not enter the transactions in the proper order. For example, in my checking account I may get a paycheck which brings my balance to 1000.00 and then pay my banks credit card 800.00. Money will sometimes put the 800.00 debit before the 1000.00 credit and will then say that I was in the red for that transaction. Once the transactions are entered, is there any way to change the order, specifically move a transaction up or down? Thanks! No. If the balance at the end of the day is OK, that's all that matters. &...

MM 2003 Memorized Transactions
Hi, When I enter a payee and hit Enter, other information (such as a Category, Amount, Memo) are filled in automatically. The thing is--some of the information is wrong (such as the Category), and I have to keep correcting that manually. I went to the payee list but there is no mention of such values (Category, Amount, Memo) in its properties. How can I change the Category information that "automatically" fills when I enter only the payee? Thanks! No one could answer this??? "Steve Litvack" <usa_NO8SPAM004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Lmt6b.4704$Kr5.1173@t...

Get/Change Operation Error in PM Transaction Entry Window
Hello, I was playing around in Fabrikam and entering some payables and receivables items and came up with the following error when I was in PM Transaction Entry Window. It bounces me out at the point of tabbing from the Currency Field with this error. A get/change operation on table 'FA_Company_SETP' cannot find the table. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'TWO.dbo.FA49900' Does anyone have any idea what this means and how I can resolve this issue? It only happens in PM. -- Thanks, Teresa Your GP Client is expecting FA (Fixed As...

Cash Balance in investment transactions vs. that in cash transacti
In one of my investment accounts, the cash balance shown in "investment transactions" differs from the balance shown in "cash transactions". The difference is int the amount of a certain dividend that was paid prior to 2nd quarter this year. The dividend entries appear to be ok. The amount shown under cash transactions is correct. The amount under investment transactions is in error and this is the value that shows up in the portfolio and the monthly report generated under "Reports". What is strange is that I balanced this account at the end of the 1st...

Tracking cash?
I have a question for those of you who track cash spending. I don't currently do this, but I'm thinking of starting. Right now, I simply have a small amount of money that I remove from the ATM every month and it gets put into the "Cash Withdrawal" category. But I'd like to see if there are any patterns to my cash spending that I'm unaware of. This means I need to track it. The way I plan to do this is to create a cash account, transfer money into that account, and then track individual expenses in the account. This means, of course, that I'll have to keep recei...