Cash Payment Voided in Error

I have a user who inadvertently voided a receivables cash payment . The
invoice the payment was applied to is also voided.  The payment she intended
to void still shows as 'Open'.  The wrong void shows in the GL.

The customer's account should show a credit balance.  Is there a way to undo
the payment that was voided?  what is the best way to fix?

Thanks,

There is no undoing a void.  To 'fix' this you can re-enter the voided
payment, you'll have to put a '-A' or '.' at the end of the check number, as
GP will not let you receive the same check number from the same customer
twice.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"cstribling" <cstribling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user who inadvertently voided a receivables cash payment . The
> invoice the payment was applied to is also voided.  The payment she
> intended
> to void still shows as 'Open'.  The wrong void shows in the GL.
>
> The customer's account should show a credit balance.  Is there a way to
> undo
> the payment that was voided?  what is the best way to fix?
>
> Thanks,

0
victoria (3340)

cash sales off on a register
this is weird, but the cash sales are off on one of our register z reports. that is, the number on the Cash line on the Z-report is a few hundred dollars less at the end of the day than the number in either a daily sales or tender summary report. I know that it is register #1 cash sales because our other 2 registers' cash and credit sales, and credit on register #1 match exactly with what is reported in manager. Only the cash line on the Z-report of one register is off. Does anybody know what is going on? thanks, kamal I sounds like you may have had some sales done after the Z-report w...

recurring payments
I need to process some payments every month, and I understand that you can't set up a recurring batches with payments (I even tried to setup a recurring batches without payment, then when I entered payment amount, GPlains stops me saying "you can't add payment to that batch"). Any idea how can I process those payments more efficiently? Thank you Just thinking out loud, I wonder if using scheduled payments might help. -- Charles Allen, MVP "hlv" wrote: > I need to process some payments every month, and I understand that you > can't set up a recurr...

internet explorer script error in outlook
hi... i have this error every time i open my outlook 2002, 'internet explorer script error' line: 298 class: 1 error: class not registered code: 0 url: outlook:today pls. help.....thanks hi wishkah, please read this, maybe it could solve your problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308260 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "wishkah" <wishkah08@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2e13201c46ae3$c1bdd320$a501280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > i have this error every time i open my outlook 200...

vba error after moving access db
I have this code: Private Sub List49_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "ActiveEEList" stLinkCriteria = "[EmpID]=" & Me![List49].Column(1) DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria End Sub It was working fine until I moved the access db from one path to another...I had it in MY Docs folder then moved (copied) it to a network drive. When I run if from the old version it works fine, but now from the new location I get Run Time Error 3075, Syntax Error (missing operator) in query expression [EmplID]...

KB978380 Error Code 8007006E
I repeatedly encounter this error when trying to apply the update to my Vista Home Premium 64-bit system. I have Office 2003, not 2007. Any suggestions on how to either get rid of this update or successfully install it would be greatly appreciated. Tom -- remove .invalid to reply by email On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:44:09 -0700, Tom Hall wrote: > I repeatedly encounter this error when trying to apply the update to my > Vista Home Premium 64-bit system. > > I have Office 2003, not 2007. > > Any suggestions on how to either get rid of this update or s...

sop issue payment to wrong customer
issue sales clerk is saying in dec a payment was posted to the wrong customer we have since closed the modulkes and year How do we correct the customers and keep everything in balance RM Debit and Credit memo comes to mind. Is the sales order still open? Does the wrong sales order show a payment? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Mark McMillan" wrote: > issue > sales clerk is saying in dec a...

Cash flow problem 2005
I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to create at least one checking, savings or cash account before you go to cash flow forecast. I already have two checking acounts. Any thoughts... Try searching the group "microsoft.public.money" at http://groups.google.com This has come up before. I can't recall the solution(s) or excuse(s). "maj" <maj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DF88AB4-6168-4B26-A651-78A60F7BD906@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to > c...

Too much cash warning
I have a customer that wants to be warned that the drawer has reached X amount of dollars and a cash drop is needed before they can proceed with sales. Example: Max Cash Limit: $1000 Opening Amount: $200 When sales reach $800 a mandatory cash drop is necessary before they can continue. Is this possible to do without an add-on? Is there a work around or at least a notification of some sort? We have "Drop Notification" as part of the RR Store Utility. If you wish to try this or know more about it please contact me. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm =...

Copy sheets to new workbook
G'day all you clever people, hope someone can help me I am using the code: ActiveSheet.Copy after:=Workbook("Example.xls").Sheets(i) to copy a dynamic selection of sheets from one workbook to another The code works just fine until the 18th sheet is copied across, then I get a subscript out of range error message This is really frustrating as I know the code works, but I am limited in how often I can use it, and I want to copy across 50+ sheets. Has anyone come across this issue before and does anyone know a good way to solve it? PS, I ran the same code ...

Loan cash to a friend with interest
Hi, is there an account to register some cash I lend to friend, but he is making payments only for the interest not for the principal? He will pay the principal someday, but right now he is paying me interest. Becuase with money I can only track loan with interest but for credits I received, not for credits I am giving. Thanks You don't say what version/edition/mode of Money you are using. Money (except Essentials (MEss)) can create a Loan Account when you are lending money--it's the first or second question the account setup genie asks. But in this case that's still probabl...

Payment details on customer statement
How can I include payment details (i.e. check number, credit card number) on customer statements? They appear on receipts and invoices, but I can't seem to get the tender details to show up on the statements I send to account customer. All that shows up now is a message that reads "Payment Received - Thank you". I would really like to add the method of payment and payment details to the statement as well. Any suggestions? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales Culver City, CA ...

Change of dir of project = Error in MVC++ 6
Hi, guys; I know that what I'm gonna tell sounds almost imposible, but thats why I'm so surprised and don't know what to do: I'm making some changes in a program with VC 6. Every day, when I finish my work, I make a copy of the dir where the code is. Well, now, when I try to run the workspace, and de MVC is loaded it gives an error. I went back to my old copies, and got one with no error. What really surprises me is that, if I change the name of the folder where the code is, MVC gives an error. And if I leave the same name of the dir, it doesn't. That makes no sense fo...

DLL error message
Hello: today, when I try to open any of 4 modules i have in my "Personal.xls" tree, I am getting a "Error in loading dll" error. Any ideas? My Guess is that you are missing a reference. In the VBA editor select Tools..References and look fo rthe one that starts with "MISSING" "Bettergains" wrote: > Hello: today, when I try to open any of 4 modules i have in my "Personal.xls" > tree, I am getting a "Error in loading dll" error. Any ideas? Great. That's helpful. I did find one, which was apparently a local (inter...

Excel 2007 Error on exiting
Everything work good but after closing the Excel I got the message: "Excel ecountered an error and must to close ......" ,so you must say do not reset Excel and do not send report what is to much job for closing the program! I updated the Office 2003 with Office 2007 and put the new one in another path so maybe is that the reason!? Thanks! This is a beta product. Uninstall it and reinstall Office 2003. If you want to 'play' with Office 2007 install it but keep the 2003 version. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "...

Undo Sort Error
Hi I hope someone can help with this. I have a spreadsheet that is shared and someone sorted it by the first row only. now all the info is basically useless. is there a way to fix this and prevent sorting just by colums. Oh yes who ever did this saved the spreadsheet and "undo" is not possible. Help ! Please I think that the only way you can reverse this is to do it manually--or maybe restore from a backup version??? If I remember correctly, xl2002 added a warning if you tried to sort a multicolumn range with only a single column selected. ("Do you want to expand the sele...

Cash receipt remains open for the invoice document with history status
There is a cash receipt that is still remain open for the invoice document has previously applied, and this invoice document status has changed to History (because of this status the cash receipt cannot be applied to this invoice. I have done the Reconcile and CheckLinks GP > Tools > Utilities > Sales > Reconcile Current Customer Information Outstanding Document Amounts for the particular customer ID. GP > Maintenance > CheckLinks > Sales Receivable Transaction History Files Receivable Batch History Receivable Open Transaction File Receivable S...

SBS 2008. DhcpServer error 1050
The following error has started showing up in my daily network reports: DhcpServer 1050 22/04/2010 7:05:05 AM 24 Event Details: The DHCP/BINL service on the local machine encountered a network error. The error was: 0x 2. SBS 2008 is the only DHCP server on the network. DHCP is working, I can do ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew from DHCP enabled workstations and the get a new IP as they should. I think I have tracked down the source of the error. If I go to Administrative Tools --> DHCP --> Right Click "Server.domain.local" --> Add/Rem...

Error that I have never seen before in exchange 5.5
Subject: Error I have never seen before in Exchange 5.5 From: "Shannon" <sboivin@raydon.com> Sent: 11/14/2003 12:01:19 PM Just wondering if any other exchange gurus have ever seen this error. I am running exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server both the os and exchange are running sp4. The network is also a 2003 active directory network. The error is as states: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFB Event Category: None Event ID: 1035 Date: 11/14/2003 Time: 2:32:11 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Unable to open or read a message in the Micros...

How to save 'Forecast your cash flow' results
Hi, The way I can create various reports with different settings and save them in favourites so that I can use that setting in future, how can I save 'Forecast your cash flow' settings to use in future? Basically I do check my cash forecast by using different accoutns and categories. If I want to save that setting, who can I save that? @shish No way. Sad, but there it is. "@shish daga" <shishdaga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53E0F4C-878A-4EE7-924F-F43ED6B6F54A@microsoft.com... > The way I can create various reports with different setting...

VLOOKUP error message
After verifying that the formula is correct, matching cell formats, and verifying the cell data is an exact match, I continue to get a "N/A" response in two cells of my workbook. I've even gone so far as to back out of Excel, re-launch the program, and re-open my source file and VLOOKUP file. Out of over 1300 matched items, these two refuse to cooperate! Can anyone tell me why? I'm frazzled beyond understanding at this point... (sigh) You may look for numeric items which indeed look like numbers and are formatted as such, but still are text. Format an empty cells...

Symbol already used for other investment error
I have set up several different investment accounts with diversified portfolio of mutual fund & stock investments in each. However, some accounts share at least one identical fund or stock. I have retroactively entered in fund or stock symbols to enable online price updates. I am now encountering the following error message: " 'stock x' is already being used as a symbol for 'investment x' Please use a different symbol". I, perhaps hastily, deleted one of the accounts in an effort to start fresh, however, Money seems to remember this deleted account and...

fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
w--------------------Configuration: Fig06_05 - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... Fig06_05.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Time::setTime(int,int,int)" (?setTime@Time@@QAEXHHH@Z) Fig06_05.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Time::printStandard(void)" (?printStandard@Time@@QAEXXZ) Fig06_05.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Time::printMilitary(void)" (?printMilitary@Time@@QAEXXZ) Fig06_05.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "pu...

Sales for Outlook Errors when creating new records
We have just installed MS CRM 1.2, and all seems well in the web client, and on the activities side of the Outlook client, but when any user attempts to create a new record of type Account or Competitor or Contact or Invoice etc, they get the following error in the popup window; Microsoft CRM Error An error has occurred, for more information, contact your system administrator Try Again | Close Can anyone shed any light? Seems pretty fundamental, but I'm drawing a blank. TIA Paul. is the users computer running antivirus software as we have seen issues like this with mcaffees an...

Socket errors
Hi, i don't understand the following error completly WSAEUSERS 10068 User quota exceeded. Ran out of user quota. WSAEDQUOT 10069 Disk quota exceeded. Ran out of disk quota. When do these errors occur ? WSAEUSERS - it is due to Too many users. The quota system ran out of table entries. WSAEDQUOT - A write to an ordinary file, the creation of a directory or symbolic link, or the creation of a directory entry failed because the user's quota of disk blocks was exhausted, or the allocation of an inode for a newly created file failed because the user's quota of inodes was exh...

GP 10 User Security Error
When logged into GP 10 as one user and you want to log in as another user and you click the currently signed in user ID to switch users. The new user gets the error message that "your attempt to log out failed ... one or more tables are open..." then you click cancel to cancel the sign in GP is still running and no windows or menus are accessible so you have to force quit and then re-log in. How do you prevent this? Why doesn't it work the same as in the previous versions? It appears the only way to prevent this message is to completely log out of GP and re-log in as th...