Cannot print from GP

Hi

We are getting following error message when user tries to print.

The stored procedure glpBatchCleanup returned the following
result DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 20820

We are running GP 8.0 in user workstation.
This GP has worked in the past and recently error pops up.

This user workstion is the following:
Server: SQL Server
GP version: 8.00g44
Dexterity: 8.00m079

DB server is running on MS Server 2000 8.00.760.(intel 86)

also following error occurs in user workstation event log.
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Dexterity
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1000
Date:		4/19/2010
Time:		4:10:22 PM
User:		N/A
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dexterity ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
dynamics.exe, 8.0.0.79, 42db22e6, ntdll.dll, 5.1.2600.5755, 49901d48, 1,
00011689.
Data:
0000: 41 00 70 00 70 00 6c 00 ...

Your batch header is most likely corrupt. Try calling up each transaction in
this batch in turn and overwriting the batch id with a new one (effectively
transferring the transactions to a new batch). Then delete the old (and now
empty) batch.

This should get you in a position to print the batch. If this new batch also
fails to print with the same error message - then, are there any custom
triggers running that could be interfering with the GL Batch Posting process?

How are the GL batches / transactions being created? Manually or integrated
in some way? This might be the source of your corrupt batch headers.

Best regards,

"Zes G" wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are getting following error message when user tries to print.
>
> The stored procedure glpBatchCleanup returned the following
> result DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 20820
>
> We are running GP 8.0 in user workstation.
> This GP has worked in the past and recently error pops up.
>
> This user workstion is the following:
> Server: SQL Server
> GP version: 8.00g44
> Dexterity: 8.00m079
>
> DB server is running on MS Server 2000 8.00.760.(intel 86)
>
> also following error occurs in user workstation event log.
> Event Type:	Error
> Event Source:	Dexterity
> Event Category:	None
> Event ID:	1000
> Date:		4/19/2010
> Time:		4:10:22 PM
> User:		N/A
> The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dexterity ) cannot be
> found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
> to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
> Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
> dynamics.exe, 8.0.0.79, 42db22e6, ntdll.dll, 5.1.2600.5755, 49901d48, 1,
> 00011689.
> Data:
> 0000: 41 00 70 00 70 00 6c 00 ...

You could also try running a reconcile on your GL - Utilities >> Financial >>
Reconcile. Then run a complete Check Links on the system. But again, if its
recurring, then something is stopping the batch clean up process from running.

Do you have international installs? Or are all of your users based in the
one office?

"Zes G" wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are getting following error message when user tries to print.
>
> The stored procedure glpBatchCleanup returned the following
> result DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 20820
>
> We are running GP 8.0 in user workstation.
> This GP has worked in the past and recently error pops up.
>
> This user workstion is the following:
> Server: SQL Server
> GP version: 8.00g44
> Dexterity: 8.00m079
>
> DB server is running on MS Server 2000 8.00.760.(intel 86)
>
> also following error occurs in user workstation event log.
> Event Type:	Error
> Event Source:	Dexterity
> Event Category:	None
> Event ID:	1000
> Date:		4/19/2010
> Time:		4:10:22 PM
> User:		N/A
> The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dexterity ) cannot be
> found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
> to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
> Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
> dynamics.exe, 8.0.0.79, 42db22e6, ntdll.dll, 5.1.2600.5755, 49901d48, 1,
> 00011689.
> Data:
> 0000: 41 00 70 00 70 00 6c 00 ...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

CHtmlView and Printing

"Tiled" print setting.

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Does GP Still Require Supported Printers?
In the past, GP has required "supported" printers and provided a list of supported printers inside of GP help. But I'm not seeing that now (currently v. 9). Is this still a requirement or can we use any printer that Windows supports? -- Brandon - Greenville, SC I NEED YOUR VOTE! - I'm a semi-finalist - - in the Microsoft/HGTV - - Home Office Makeover Contest - - w/ Vern Yip - - VOTE NOW @ http://www.makeovermyoffice.com - Brandon, Here is the link to the GP 9.0 printer compatibility list: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/systemrequir...

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

GP 10.0 #2
I have been told that Access does not work with the tables in GP10.0. Is there any truth to this? Thanks Angie Hi Angie I believe Access will work as long as you can login. You will not be able to use a standard user's login as the password is encrypted. This means that the password you type into Dynamics GP is not actually the password stored on the SQL Server. The password on the SQL Server is an encrypted version of what you typed. This means that someone who has access to Dynamics GP cannot override the application security by attempting to go direct to the tables with...

Printing on banner paper
Hi, I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks across the page with spaces between the letters. Can you help me? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Peter <Peter@ascboston.org>... > I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 > on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, > but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks > across the page with spaces between the letters. ...

Macro to print document in Duplex format
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type ...

Printing 11" by 8.5"
How do we setup the page so it will print vertically11" by 8.5? I just want the text wide and bigger but the defautl print setting which is 8.5 by 11 is not big enough. Thank you. Raymond - In Page Setup, try the Landscape orientation. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Raymond wrote: > How do we setup the page so it will print vertically11" by 8.5? I just want > the text wide and bigger but the defautl print setting which is 8.5 by 11 is > not big enough. > &g...