Cannot login a new user

I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login GP
and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and
password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there.
What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks.
0
stien (86)

stien,

Are you making sure that you log into GP with the user id as the same case?
With 9.0, the user id/password is case sensitive.  It could also be that you
didn't grant access to the user to any companies in the User Company Access
window but I don't think that's it as on initial login it would work but
then not see any companies in the User & Company window.

patrick
mbs dev support

"stien" <stien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login
GP
> and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID
and
> password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there.
> What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks.

0
prot1 (1345)