Cannot Add any window to VB

Hello:

I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our
production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a
mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i
try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that
there's a lot of load errors starting GP.

For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start
thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it,
There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our partner and
ourselves so now we arrived to a point that is a complete mess that amazingly
works, and it;s my duty to fix it :s.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Luis
0
lguifarro (40)

lguifarro,

Well it seems you need to start investigating the issues you currently have,
starting by creating a fresh installation of GP and SP3, then export all the
customizations you have on your production server then import it to your VM.

Theoretically everything should work properly, post the results you get and
let us see if it goes smoothly.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"lguifarro" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our
> production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a
> mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i
> try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that
> there's a lot of load errors starting GP.
>
> For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start
> thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it,
> There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our partner and
> ourselves so now we arrived to a point that is a complete mess that amazingly
> works, and it;s my duty to fix it :s.
>

> Thanks in Advance
>
> Regards
>
> Luis
Unlike earlier versions of GP, v10 requires you to at least go through the
setup process before you can copy/paste any directory. The reason being, most
DLLs are now assemblies that require registration in the Global Assembly
Cache (GAC). If I am not mistaken, the VBA DLL (DEXVBA.DLL) is one of them.

Suggestion: install the client version of GP 10 on your VM. This will create
your Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP installation folder. Rename the
resulting installation folder to, for example, GP.NEW. Copy your production
environment folder to the Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics folder.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> lguifarro,
>
> Well it seems you need to start investigating the issues you currently have,
> starting by creating a fresh installation of GP and SP3, then export all the
> customizations you have on your production server then import it to your VM.
>
> Theoretically everything should work properly, post the results you get and
> let us see if it goes smoothly.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "lguifarro" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our
> > production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a
> > mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i
> > try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that
> > there's a lot of load errors starting GP.
> >
> > For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start
> > thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it,
> > There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our partner and
> > ourselves so now we arrived to a point that is a complete mess that amazingly
> > works, and it;s my duty to fix it :s.
> >

> > Thanks in Advance
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Luis
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Opening new Excel window
Windows 2000. When have an exel already open, when I click on another excel file (or its shortcut) it opens into the same excel main window. Then I can view either one of the excel applications by selecting the appropriate window. Is there a setting such that new excel will open in its own window? If so, how? [Currently I can get this effect in a less convenient way by starting the excel directly the second time, and then reading in the excel file.] Alan Beban You could have one instance of excel open and have multiple "tasks" appearing on the taskbar via: Tools|optio...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Updates On Windows XP Pro From WSUS
We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Terry1337 wrote: > We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I > determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I > shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Event Log. WSUS console. Etc... -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Upgrade from NT 4.0/Ex5.5 to Windows Server 2003/Exchange2003
I'm presently working at a client site and they presently have one NT4 PDC Server and 2 NT4 BDCs in the same domain XYZDom. The BDCs have Ex5.5 running in the different organizations/domains i.e xyz.com and xyzafrik.com. Each Ex 5.5 server hosts different domain mailboxes i.e john@xyz.com and the client use outlook to check their mails, and the other ex 5.5 server hosts john@xyzafrik.com and the client use outlook express to check their mails. The xyzafrik.com server acts as a POP3 server. I did an in-place upgrade of the PDC to server 2003 and i was only able to migrate mailboxes ...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

removed windows live
how do I undo the removal of a program that I removed through my control panel I removed windows live. It appeared that I had two window email program. I want to use window live Homail.com but I would keep getting windows live.com. I had to go around and open msn then go to mail and log in to get around that. I finally removed windows live now it seems I no longer have the program installed. What's even more confusing is that I had placed windows live hotmail on my favorites and now I can get the hotmail but I don't see it in my PROGRAMS. What a mess. help. "...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

Map Add-On?

windows update 09-21-03
hello there Is there a way for me to recieve an E-mail everytime there is a security update avalible ???? Thank you Take a look at: http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/decision.asp Remember that Microsoft does not send out patches by email. This is especially important because many worms will fake such emails, and attach themselves. I write this after deleting almost a hundred of such emails. J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

windows media player 11 for windows xp
I did a system restore on my computer because neither my dell cinema player, my windows media player, nor my windows media player would play sound when i inserted any type of dvd. It played the picture fine, but no sound. There was no problem when i play a cd though. After the restore, i couldn't open up windows media player at all, I would get a yellow symbol with an exclamation point in it saying "internal application error". How can I correct this? Does reinstalling WMP fix the internal application error? If you don't have the original install package anymore,...

Problem in setting Excel formula through VB
When I set this formula through VB code, code: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- =((D6*G6)+(E6*1.5*G6)+I6+J6+K6+L6) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- for a cell it makes this formula the text of the cell and not the formula. Here's my code: code: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- StrFormula = " =((" & GetColumnAlphabet(colRegularHours) & LngCurrentRow & "*" & GetColumnAlphabet(colPayRate) & LngCurrentRo...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...