Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll

Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are
populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll?
0
Kathey (1)

The quick answer: Everything!!!

In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical
names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of
fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in
the US Payroll which is totally separate.

They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you
have those products installed.

Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or
updated when.

--
Lyle U

Kathey wrote:

> Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which
> are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll?
0
lyleu (305)

MS Money vs MSN Money Plus?
I have Verizon Online DSL with MSN, which includes a program called MSN Money Plus. What is the difference between MSN Money Plus and MS Money? I have never used this type of program before so would appreciate any input. Bill C -- No SPAM MSN Money Plus is web based. Your data is stored on MSN servers. MS Money runs your computer. The data is stored on your local hard drive. There is integration with the web, but it's not required. There are other differences, but this is the primary one. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Bill C" <public_bill@verizon.net> wr...

Money 2004 Canadian
I got an new Dell LT and it had Money 2004 installed. I did setup my accounts there and everything was working for me until I started my RRSP accounts. I found out that everything was designed for the US (TAX-Accounting system). I am looking every where but I can't find a Money 2004 Canadian version. Can I use the same license to just convert to the canadian version of the software? I don't really need the US one. Thanks Ard M In microsoft.public.money, Ard Mandija wrote: >I got an new Dell LT and it had Money 2004 installed. I >did setup my accounts there and everythi...

US-FL-Miami -- Biztalk/.Net -- Contract Opportunity
IMMEDIATE NEED. Estimated project duration is through end of year. One resource will work very closely with the Data Migration Lead and will be considered an integration resource to develop the integration strategy and then roll into an active build-out and implementation role on the team going forward . The other 2 roles will be more involved around the design and architecture piece of the project, to first develop technical specifications for each activity performance object within each operating model and then roll over into an active implementation roll within one of the tracks. These role...

Payroll posting question
I have a pay code of BONUS set up in v10.0 as ALL>ALL>BONUS which posts to a different G/L account than normal payroll. We have added the BONUS pay code to all employees, and when we pay a bonus, we use the pay code of BONUS. When the pay run is posted, the Gross Pay is posted to the normal G/L account rather than the account defined in the BONUS setup. Any thoughts? Thanks! -- Phil Camp Director of Information Hopkinsville Milling Company I ran into the same problem. GP determines the GL account to use by looking in the following order: DEPT > POSITION > PAYCODE DEPT ...

problems relating to Client Permissions
Forgive me for cross-posting, but I'm desperated! I found these articles: Q261606 Q330508 Q313333 They all point to the problem with MAPI Persimissions in Exchange 2000 and 2003. According to the articles, this is an Exchange server problem. The problem I've been having applied ONLY to OL2003 clients. All MAPI client permissions in all public folders not show on these clietns but showing correctly on OL 2002 and earlier. My question is that, why only OL2003 is having this problem? Is there a place in OL 2003 to force it to read the permission from ptagNTSD (PR_NT_SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR) ...

HR/Payroll Position and Departments maintenance
Is it safe to delete through the GP applications position and departments that are no longer used or needed? The only thing I can think of is if the Payroll Posting accounts reference one of the Position or Departments codes that are being deleted. Also, if there is some pay code/position link. Otherwise, is there any reason that deleting these older positions or departments would be a problem? What happens to the employee's position history? Thanks, The history should remain. If the system lets you, it should be fine to delete the unneeded position and department data. ...

Conditional Formatting vs Code
Hi, I have a report that runs off a query - one of my fields is numPercentageBooked. I was going to use conditional formatting to change the backcolour of the cell as per the below: 0% to 65% = Red 66% to 99% = Yellow 100% = Green More that 100% = Blue I noticed though that i cant do more than 3 conditions so that wouldnt work. Besides, it didnt work even if i just did the 3 conditions so not sure what i did wrong. So im guessing my alternative is to write some code and put that on the Load Event. I have no idea what to write. Please help :) Does this get you...

Crystal Reports for VS Web Application doesn't work
Hello everybody. I migrated project from va 2003 to vs 2008.So everything works fine except reports.So in vs 2003 i do the same things and it works but in 2008 vs it dont want to initialise object of report.What can i do? Thank you url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1417-1.aspx ...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

emails use US dictionary for spelling
Whenever I compose new mail like this one for example, down the bottom is the indication it is checking the spelling with the US English dictionary. Now when I use the menus as described below this it not what I think should be happening. In MS outlook go to "Tools" followed by "Options" and then click on the spelling tab, the "international dictionary" listed is "English (Australian)" and yet every new mail composition is opened with the English (US). Is this a bug or how do I fix it. Hmmm - are you using Word as your e-mail editor? (check To...

Microsoft Project Server
Hi, let's say that I have a schedule with a task that has a "Work" value of 100 hours. My employee logs 150 hours on this task, and I approve it. Will this task show 100 hours, or 150 hours in the Actual Work field in the "Task Usage" view? Thank you. Eric Hello Eric, Definitely, this task will show 150 hours of Actual Work in Project Pro. G�rard Ducouret "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: D36CAF09-0D4D-4A5E-A170-2EB49DD18B38@microsoft.com... > Hi, let's say that I have a schedul...

Canadian Payroll report
After the July 2010 update we have 1 report that wont run. "Report dictionary not loaded" I renamed recreated...and import all modified reports.... all reports run except one "Current WBC" modified or not??? Anyone else experience this?? Tami ...

CVS Systems compatible w/ VS
Just curious on if you guys have any suggestions on a CVS for a small research business to use. We have roughly 10 programs that we keep track of, as well as about 8 or 9 seperate subprojects that are shared among the programs, and numerous 3rd party libraries that tie into it also. Looking for suggestions on what would best allow me to retain only 1 copy of everything and yet at the same time keep a good backup of all of our files and changelogs. I've used the GNU CVS server, and been pleased with it, as well as VSS, but was curious as to what everyone else uses in their business. Than...

Integrate direct deposit from Cdn Payroll to Bank Rec
Integrate direct deposit transactions from Cdn payroll to the bank rec module so that cashbook entries are automatically created in the bank rec module just as cheque transactions do. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

Table vs. query in forms
I've seen the practice of using queries in forms. Is this recommended? Why? That is... I am pretty much making data entry forms and am basing them off of the tables. Should I be making queries of these tables and basing the forms off of these instead? If so, should this practice include "look up tables" (tables that I'm using in multiple combo boxes for multiple fields on the form - they just have an ID (primary key) and a field for categories such as "0-25%", "26-50%", etc.)? Thanks, Jill Jill, As long as your record source ...

Payroll Transaction Entry Should Default Transaction Dates to Last
The payroll transaction entry window currently defaults the transaction dates (To and From) to the system date versus the last dates used. If a user begins entering a batch and for some reason needs to leave that window and then come back to the batch later, the To and From dates are setback to the system date instead of the last date used. We've had a few clients that haven't caught this right away and then their transaction dates are incorrect for all the new payroll line items they enter. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to t...

2007 vs 2003 file size
I converted a database to 2007 and the file size went from 21 mb to 2.1 mb. Does anyone know a reason for this? Most of the posts I've read have said to not upgrade unless it was needed but if the size change is legit I'm assuming the database will be a little faster as well? On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:10:01 -0800, Jake F <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I converted a database to 2007 and the file size went from 21 mb to 2.1 mb. >Does anyone know a reason for this? Most of the posts I've read have said to >not upgrade unless it was needed but...

canadian banks?
Is it possible to include canadian banks ibn the canadian edition of money 2004? ...

Where are the Canadian banks?
I just bought Money 2004 Canadian version and can't find mine or any other Canadian banks for the online services? Any ideas? Why would they put out a Canadian version that can't access any Canadian information? ...

Sync QuickBooks 2010 Canadian version with Microsoft CRM
Anyone know of a product/service that will synchronize QB 2010 (Canadian version) with CRM Online? TIA, Len -- Len Kamerman Hero Technical Solutions Inc. 800-260-2243 x706 www.yourcrmhero.com Hi Len! Define "synchronize" better, please... What do you want it to do? Lon "Len Kamerman" <lkamerman@herotechnical.com> wrote in message news:CF818B53-F7D7-4E81-8E57-CF488E447428@microsoft.com... > Anyone know of a product/service that will synchronize QB 2010 (Canadian > version) with CRM Online? > > TIA, > Len > > -- > Len Kamerman >...

VS .NET VC++ MFC IDE Add Variable bugs?
recently started a new project in VC++ MFC using 2003 Visual Studio IDE. When I create Dlg boxes, I use the Add variable Wizard to add variable to my controls. Frist is their a compiled list of bugs in for this window? Is the functionality changed for this window from VC++6.0 IDE? (Looks have changed but expected the functionality to remain the same) If not, these are the issues I see in this window: If we use a variable other than a control, no dataexchange functions are added! (ex for a Edit box if I want to use CString, the variable is added but ni DDX_Text function is added)...

Local Resources vs Enterprise Resources
We are using MSPS 2007 + SP2 + Decmeber CU. We have some projects where we have some local resources. These are generic resources like Site Resources, Developer group etc., at this point for this division, there is not requirement to look at the availability etc for these generic resources. The updates in the project for these resources will be done by the project manager through MSProject Client. So, my question is that are there any known issues of using Local Resources in Enterprise Project Plans? Is it some kind of best practice to have every resource as an enterprise Res...

Canadian Currency format
I want to display a C in front of my monetary values to indicate Canadian currency. Can I do this WITHOUT creating a custom format? ie. Is it not a built in format option? Lynn, If you format a cell using Format - Cells - Number Custom you can easily copy it to other cells with the Format Painter (standard toolbar). Or we can give you a macro which you can activate with a custom button or a keyboard shortcut to accomplish it. I don't know what it's supposed to look like with that C, but if you give some examples, we can give you some format codes. One approach would be to first...

Updating Canadian securities with pocket pc for money
Hello. I am using Money 2004. The desktop version updates the prices of my securities with no problem. I downloaded money 2004 for Pocket pc. When I update the price of my securities on the pocket pc, weird things happen... 1. The list of investments shows an investments saying invalid symbol with a bunch of square characters underneth. When I scroll down the list and then back up, the squares disappear and I get a market value. But this market value gets repeated for many of the investments. 2. When an investment does not say invalid symbol, it shows the correct quantity but the shar...

Float Menu Excel 2003 vs 2007
Hi All In a [2003] workbook I've got a "help sheet" with various help topics. When activated a float_menu appears from which the user can select a topic from a userform. This works great, however in 2007 the float_menu doesn’t appear. Any suggestions ? As always any help will be much appreciated. This is my code: Regular module: Sub Float_Menu_help() Dim newMenu As CommandBar, newControl, newItem, subMenu Dim c 'remove custom menu if it exists Delete_HelpMenu 'create new menu and display it Set newMenu = CommandBars.Add(Name:="Help_Menu", _ T...