Canadian Payroll / HR integration

The Class ID information of the Employee Maintenance card is not updated when
the Class ID field is changed on the Canadian Payroll side.

ASSESSMENT:
The Class ID is unavailable if the user is not registered for US Payroll.
When entering a Class ID on the Canadian Payroll side, the HR Employee Class
does not get updated and will be blank (or grayed out if you are not
registered for US Payroll.)  This can leave a discrepancy between the HR side
and Canadian Payroll.  Unfortunately, the only way to access the option is if
US Payroll is currently registered.

(However, there is synchronization between the Employment Type between
Canadian Payroll and the HR side.)

The Class ID in the employee maintenance window is related to US Payroll and
does not sync up with the Class ID on the Canadian Payroll side.   It only
rolls down to US Payroll windows.  Canadian Payroll has a Class ID field as
well, but there is no synchronization for the Class ID on 9.0.

I suggest a synchronization between Canadian Payroll and the HR module

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=799f8a8e-772f-4fa5-802a-c5ba4d4cbdf5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Money 2004 Canadian
I got an new Dell LT and it had Money 2004 installed. I did setup my accounts there and everything was working for me until I started my RRSP accounts. I found out that everything was designed for the US (TAX-Accounting system). I am looking every where but I can't find a Money 2004 Canadian version. Can I use the same license to just convert to the canadian version of the software? I don't really need the US one. Thanks Ard M In microsoft.public.money, Ard Mandija wrote: >I got an new Dell LT and it had Money 2004 installed. I >did setup my accounts there and everythi...

Solomon Integration...
Any word yet as to when this will be available? Last I heard there was a beta group going on, but didn't know if anyone has heard any more about it. thanks and have a great week! Jill Hamann web developer / programmer www.brillianceaudio.com ...

Calculate the time an employee signed in and out plus rate per hr
Calculate the time an employee signed in and out plus rate per hour to calculate employee's total pay. Allan, =(End_Time - Start_Time)*24*Rate_Per_Hour -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1432437F-82AD-4900-81CC-31E0D97AA32C@microsoft.com... > Calculate the time an employee signed in and out plus rate per > hour to > calculate employee's total pay. "Chip Pearson" wrote: > Allan, > > =(End_Time - St...

Payroll posting question
I have a pay code of BONUS set up in v10.0 as ALL>ALL>BONUS which posts to a different G/L account than normal payroll. We have added the BONUS pay code to all employees, and when we pay a bonus, we use the pay code of BONUS. When the pay run is posted, the Gross Pay is posted to the normal G/L account rather than the account defined in the BONUS setup. Any thoughts? Thanks! -- Phil Camp Director of Information Hopkinsville Milling Company I ran into the same problem. GP determines the GL account to use by looking in the following order: DEPT > POSITION > PAYCODE DEPT ...

RDC Crystal Reports integrated problem
I use Report Designer Component (RDC) in my program to allow user modify reports. I downloaded RDC Merge Modules for Crystal Reports XI Release 2 from BO. It is the zip file contains 4 files: * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Designtime.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Reportengine.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Runtime.msm I made a build and install but I got the error about license. So, I try to add all 4 merge modules and use the install serial (I bought the Developer Edition) for keycode property of CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm. Unfortunately, ...

HR/Payroll Position and Departments maintenance
Is it safe to delete through the GP applications position and departments that are no longer used or needed? The only thing I can think of is if the Payroll Posting accounts reference one of the Position or Departments codes that are being deleted. Also, if there is some pay code/position link. Otherwise, is there any reason that deleting these older positions or departments would be a problem? What happens to the employee's position history? Thanks, The history should remain. If the system lets you, it should be fine to delete the unneeded position and department data. ...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

Canadian Payroll report
After the July 2010 update we have 1 report that wont run. "Report dictionary not loaded" I renamed recreated...and import all modified reports.... all reports run except one "Current WBC" modified or not??? Anyone else experience this?? Tami ...

Integrate direct deposit from Cdn Payroll to Bank Rec
Integrate direct deposit transactions from Cdn payroll to the bank rec module so that cashbook entries are automatically created in the bank rec module just as cheque transactions do. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

Payroll Transaction Entry Should Default Transaction Dates to Last
The payroll transaction entry window currently defaults the transaction dates (To and From) to the system date versus the last dates used. If a user begins entering a batch and for some reason needs to leave that window and then come back to the batch later, the To and From dates are setback to the system date instead of the last date used. We've had a few clients that haven't caught this right away and then their transaction dates are incorrect for all the new payroll line items they enter. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to t...

canadian banks?
Is it possible to include canadian banks ibn the canadian edition of money 2004? ...

integration manager purchasing file
Hello, I am converting to a new system that will be passing Purchasing transitions to Dynamics GP. I am trying to build a new integration manager file to bring this data in. The problem is the file that I get from our new system (Oasis policy and claims handling software) is passing a "Check name" that may be different than the vendor name. This check name is being passed at the transaction level. I know I can build the Vendor file to include "check name". My question is, is it possible to build an integration that will populate check name on a TRANSACTION level bas...

Quickbooks Integration: Questions for CPA
I've not yet integrated Quickbooks with RMS and it just so happens I'll be meeting with my accountant tomorrow to discuss some unrelated issues...to kill 2 birds w/ one stone, what are some of the pertinent questions that the CPA can help out with in terms of any mapping between the two applications? Thanks in advance! hitman, Call me, I think we're in the same area code. 539-3585 Ken "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B704D3CB-267A-46F5-A602-A24C50F8FCA9@microsoft.com... > I've not yet integrated Quickbooks with RMS an...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Where are the Canadian banks?
I just bought Money 2004 Canadian version and can't find mine or any other Canadian banks for the online services? Any ideas? Why would they put out a Canadian version that can't access any Canadian information? ...

Sync QuickBooks 2010 Canadian version with Microsoft CRM
Anyone know of a product/service that will synchronize QB 2010 (Canadian version) with CRM Online? TIA, Len -- Len Kamerman Hero Technical Solutions Inc. 800-260-2243 x706 www.yourcrmhero.com Hi Len! Define "synchronize" better, please... What do you want it to do? Lon "Len Kamerman" <lkamerman@herotechnical.com> wrote in message news:CF818B53-F7D7-4E81-8E57-CF488E447428@microsoft.com... > Anyone know of a product/service that will synchronize QB 2010 (Canadian > version) with CRM Online? > > TIA, > Len > > -- > Len Kamerman >...

Canadian Currency format
I want to display a C in front of my monetary values to indicate Canadian currency. Can I do this WITHOUT creating a custom format? ie. Is it not a built in format option? Lynn, If you format a cell using Format - Cells - Number Custom you can easily copy it to other cells with the Format Painter (standard toolbar). Or we can give you a macro which you can activate with a custom button or a keyboard shortcut to accomplish it. I don't know what it's supposed to look like with that C, but if you give some examples, we can give you some format codes. One approach would be to first...

Updating Canadian securities with pocket pc for money
Hello. I am using Money 2004. The desktop version updates the prices of my securities with no problem. I downloaded money 2004 for Pocket pc. When I update the price of my securities on the pocket pc, weird things happen... 1. The list of investments shows an investments saying invalid symbol with a bunch of square characters underneth. When I scroll down the list and then back up, the squares disappear and I get a market value. But this market value gets repeated for many of the investments. 2. When an investment does not say invalid symbol, it shows the correct quantity but the shar...

Payroll Transaction Notes don't appear in Transaction Inquiry
Would like the ability to view notes in Payroll inquiry that were entered during Payroll transaction entry. Currently they seem to be lost after posting. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dg...

integration manager question (Bank transaction entry)
Hello there I need to import into GP from IM a set of bank transactions entries, but I have 2 questions: - Usually when you enter bank transaction entries, and post it an audit trail number gets genrated. I am wondering if in IM I can get that number as an output into a file or something ? - if I bring in bank transactions entries, usually from the user interface there is only 2 options (Clear or Post)in the bank transaction entry. does it mean that when I bring in the entries from IM it will do the same action as post ? just checking ! I think I can help you with part of...

Canadian download
Hi, I posted this same question Sept 13 and I cannot open the messages anymore, even the new ones that I have not looked at so sorry but I need to repost my question. I bought the Cdn version of MM 2004 so that I can directly download into Money 2004 but there seems that there are no Canadian banks that have allowable download capabilitities (even though my credit union has a download to microsoft money capability) it will not let me do that. The only way that I have been able to download is to save it to a disk and open it as an .ofc file. I was able to do this with my old MM pro...

Canadian Payroll #2
Couple of problems that we are facing with Canadian Payroll, wonder if someone can help us: 1. We were unable to find any cheque form which include advise. We can see such a form in US Payroll but not in Cdn Payroll. There are three forms for Canadian Payroll, all of them say see advise for details. 2. The employee count is incorrect on our machine. There are no companies with the employees set except for Frabricam and it still says that the total number of employees allowed has exceeded. 3. When we backup the data from clients machine and restore on our machine, the control settings ...

Integrating with Microsoft GP
We developed a product called Sales Incentive Calculation system for which the data comes from various other third party applications. We have included the feature of importing and exporting into our Product from third party applications. some of our clients who are also using Microsoft Great Plains for their busineess and now we have to include feature to import and export date from Microsoft Great Plains Database. Im in the process of exploring Microsoft Great Plains. It is a great help for me if any body helps me in clariflying the below things 1.What are the things required for m...

canadian payroll
I was wondering if you are working on a solution for the web ROE that HRDC is using.HRDC is going to stop support for the Laser ROE and recommends or clients tp use the web ROE.We do have several client that will need this feature. We tried to upload the data but the format is wrong.Leaving our clients to manually hand write ROEs.Thanks, Thargelia G Romero ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

Canadian version??
I just bought MS Money 2004 the "Canadian" version, however all of the banks that are listed in the program and that can be accessed are American, as well most other things are American (spelling, the way that a debit card works in the US as opposed to Canada, ie: more like a cheque). Can anyone tell me what is Canadian about this version or did I get the wrong one? Thanks. Susie in BC In microsoft.public.money, Susan wrote: > Can anyone tell me what is Canadian about this >version or did I get the wrong one? The basis for stocks will be the average basis rather tha...