Canadian Payroll #3

After applying the updates and new tax table for Canadian Payrool Integrated
with Great Plains 8.0 on SQL...we appear to have lost a large amount of disk
space....

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this...and if MS has some
kind of procedure to clean this up???

Tami
0
TamiFarrelly (100)

Hi Tami,

I have done two complete updates myself, and have had  clients do
their own updates, and we have not noticed any untoward growth in any
of the databases.

Other than the federal exemptions that did not update correctly, the
undocumented need to run the grant script after the update, and an
undocumented problem with stored procedures that required  us to
restore a backup, drop and recreate the payroll stored procs and then
rerun the year-end, or  nothing untoward happened.  ;-)  Once we knew
about the stored procs problem, we advised everyone to drop and
recreate after the update but prior to running the year-end
procedures.

Lyle

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 07:44:02 -0800, "Tami Farrelly"
<TamiFarrelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After applying the updates and new tax table for Canadian Payrool Integrated
>with Great Plains 8.0 on SQL...we appear to have lost a large amount of disk
>space....
>
>I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this...and if MS has some
>kind of procedure to clean this up???
>
>Tami
0
no-one9822 (112)

Workflow emails in CRM 3.0 stuck as open activity
We just upgraded to CRM 3.0. We created new workflow rules to send an email when a case is created. If you create a new case, the customer receives the email, but a copy of the email stays as an open activity in the case. We have made sure that everything, including the Exchange connector, is up to date. Any ideas? I forgot to mention that the Workflow Monitor shows the emails as paused and the application log on the crm server has event id 16650: Action {82ABBE6B-227E-DA11-B3A0-00508BCF2CE4} failed in step {80ABBE6B-227E-DA11-B3A0-00508BCF2CE4} of process instance {7E81790A-7383-DA1...

Money 2004 Canadian
I got an new Dell LT and it had Money 2004 installed. I did setup my accounts there and everything was working for me until I started my RRSP accounts. I found out that everything was designed for the US (TAX-Accounting system). I am looking every where but I can't find a Money 2004 Canadian version. Can I use the same license to just convert to the canadian version of the software? I don't really need the US one. Thanks Ard M In microsoft.public.money, Ard Mandija wrote: >I got an new Dell LT and it had Money 2004 installed. I >did setup my accounts there and everythi...

y-AXIS #3
Hi, I'm working on a neuroscience project and I data that looks like this: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 ........keeps going until 105 Basically, this data is in tha A column and it goes up to about 2217. The numbers represent age at death. I want to make a bar graph with the x-axis as "age at death" and the y-axis as "number of those that died". I'm sure there's an easy way of doing this as I only have one column of data, but each time I try to make a graph, it does something that looks like a cumulative graph. HELP!!!! Samantha Perera On Fri, 14 Sep 2...

How can I do a 3-D Lookup through a workbook?
I have 10 or 15 identically formatted sheets in a workbook,each with data about separte orchard blocks on our farm. On Sheet 1, I would like to put a sheet name in cell A1 and return a cell value from the named sheet in cell A2, as in a lookup function, only looking back through the workbook. Maybe something like: =INDIRECT("'" & A1 & "'!c9") This will return the contents of C9 from the sheet whose name is in A1. (I got confused about how A2 fit in.) cbaugher wrote: > > I have 10 or 15 identically formatted sheets in a workbook,each with dat...

Payroll posting question
I have a pay code of BONUS set up in v10.0 as ALL>ALL>BONUS which posts to a different G/L account than normal payroll. We have added the BONUS pay code to all employees, and when we pay a bonus, we use the pay code of BONUS. When the pay run is posted, the Gross Pay is posted to the normal G/L account rather than the account defined in the BONUS setup. Any thoughts? Thanks! -- Phil Camp Director of Information Hopkinsville Milling Company I ran into the same problem. GP determines the GL account to use by looking in the following order: DEPT > POSITION > PAYCODE DEPT ...

ColorIndex ... #3
nar... nar... I have a new more intense problem. I've been running so much damn code that it is now an invali procedure. Granted, my macro is very sloppy and probably can be cut down. put it this way... I have this 'checking row 8 for Susan' If Sheets("Model Calculations").Range("C8") = "Susan" And Sheets("Mode Calculations").Range("C8").Interior.ColorIndex = 34 Or Sheets("Mode Calculations").Range("d8") = "Susan" And Sheets("Mode Calculations").Range("d8").Interior.ColorIndex...

HR/Payroll Position and Departments maintenance
Is it safe to delete through the GP applications position and departments that are no longer used or needed? The only thing I can think of is if the Payroll Posting accounts reference one of the Position or Departments codes that are being deleted. Also, if there is some pay code/position link. Otherwise, is there any reason that deleting these older positions or departments would be a problem? What happens to the employee's position history? Thanks, The history should remain. If the system lets you, it should be fine to delete the unneeded position and department data. ...

E-mail #3
I am using excel 2000 and trying to E-mail only one worksheet or mor worksheets (but not the entire workbook) as an e-mail attachmen directly from excel without making a new file. I tried File-Send to mail receipient (as attachment) but it is not working as it is sendin the entire workbook as attachment. Can any body help me out -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "vikesh >" <<vikesh.16m16n@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:vikesh.16m16n@excelforum-no...

CRM 3.0 and windows 2008
Hi, Please can you confirm that Microsoft CRM 3.0 will work in an AD environment that contains a Windows 2008 server. Does it work with all the different functional levels (win 2000, native 2003 and windows 2008) ?? Can you also confirm whether you install Microsoft CRM 3.0 on Windows 2008 server or is it just version 4.0 that installs on 2008? Thanks Marc Dear Marc, In the other thread I had given you CRM 4 documenttation. CRM 3 is not for windwos 2008 only CRM 4.0 for more see MS CRM 4.0 implementation Guide. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3...

CRM 3.0 service calendar permissions
We're using CRM 3.0 and beginning to use the service calendar functionality. I have an administrator profile with rights to all of the applicaiton. Recently the 'settings' tab has disappeared from my menu. Additionally the service calendar has disappeared from the service workspace, but all the other options remain. This occurance seems to be limited to my laptop, since I have all the options when I run CRM 3.0 from another computer with my log-in. Any troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks, j Do you also have the CRM laptop client for Outlook installe...

Newsgroup chat on performance 3/15-3/17
Hi all, The Business Solutions Community will host a chat on Microsoft CRM performance hits -- directly in this newsgroup, between Tuesday, March 15, and Thursday, March 17. During those dates, Microsoft CRM Software Development Engineer Lead Terry Eminhizer will monitor this newsgroup to help you troubleshoot the CRM tasks that are giving you performance headaches. In addition to answering your questions about improving application performance, Terry will collect all your feedback for the Microsoft CRM Development team, which is eager to hear how you think the solution can perform b...

Enable Macro #3
Hi, I am developing a spreadsheet - its has a number of Macro's. Every time I open the sheet its asks me if I want to Enable / Disable Macro's. I know that a digital signature / certificate would stop this message appearing. Does anyone know of a work around to stop this message from appearing - using a networked computer I cannot attain a digital signature. Any help would be much appreciated. Phil Record a macro to open the workbook, store the macro in Personal Macro workbook. Then assign the macro to eg: a custom toolbar button. If you open the workbook by clicking the butto...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

More than 3 on Conditional Formatting
Can it be done? I don't want to have to write a routine in VBA to scan all the cells just to change the colour..... i.e. 1 is red 2 is a lighted red, 3 is amber 4 is a ligther amber, and 5 green and 6 a lighter green... I need some help here guys... Anyone point me in the right directions... Regards. modify one of these. The first one belongs in the SHEET code module. right click on the sheet tab>view code>insert this>save Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub With Target.Interior Select Case UCase(Target) Case "...

Trying to have this code generate only a numerical value list by rows: 1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11
Originally this was used to create an alpha listing. I use this to create hiearchy and need the code to count upwards from 1 by 1 as high as is needed. (probably at least to three digits). Code being used: lastletter = "1" Cells(2, 16) = lastletter For intalpha = 3 To Cells(65536, 3).End(xlUp).Row If Cells(intalpha, 2) = 0 Then lastletter = Chr(Asc(lastletter) + 1) Cells(intalpha, 16) = lastletter Next intalpha ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Your co...

Can only print ~3 pages from Excel to Adobe pdf
I've got a 30+ page Excel workbook, with 23 sheets that I want to print to a pdf. I select all those 23 sheets, then do File / Print / <select Adobe PDF> / OK. It almost immediately comes up with the "Save PDF File As" dialog. If I click save, it only saves three pages. If I keep clicking save (or cancel) it staggers through it, wiping out the previous pdf and re-creating it with only two or three pages at a time. This happens whether or not I've clicked Printer / Properties and de-selected "View Adobe PDF results" and/or "Prompt for Adobe PDF ...

Canadian Payroll report
After the July 2010 update we have 1 report that wont run. "Report dictionary not loaded" I renamed recreated...and import all modified reports.... all reports run except one "Current WBC" modified or not??? Anyone else experience this?? Tami ...

Number fields will not accept values in CRM 3.0 09-25-06
I just installed CRM 3.0 and I'm having an issue where I enter a number in a number field such as price (contractdetail) and as soon as I click off it goes blank. Fields which are text seem to work fine. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? Here are some additional infos: System/Environment Using Windows 2003 with SQL 2005 Does this happen with every number field? Yes, it happens with every number field in contractdetail Does it matter what user you are logged in as? No, it doesn't matter! Do you have custom number fields that this is happening to as well? Yes, it happens ...

Integrate direct deposit from Cdn Payroll to Bank Rec
Integrate direct deposit transactions from Cdn payroll to the bank rec module so that cashbook entries are automatically created in the bank rec module just as cheque transactions do. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

Outlook 2000 Post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package
Where can I get the Outlook 2000 Post-Service Pack 3 Hotfix Package: January 13, 2004? Outlook 2000 sp3 won't exit, because we have connected to those mailboxes with Outlook 2003 go figure? See Knowledge Base 834005 Contact Microsoft as stated in the article -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address;...

Payroll Transaction Entry Should Default Transaction Dates to Last
The payroll transaction entry window currently defaults the transaction dates (To and From) to the system date versus the last dates used. If a user begins entering a batch and for some reason needs to leave that window and then come back to the batch later, the To and From dates are setback to the system date instead of the last date used. We've had a few clients that haven't caught this right away and then their transaction dates are incorrect for all the new payroll line items they enter. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to t...

canadian banks?
Is it possible to include canadian banks ibn the canadian edition of money 2004? ...

Where are the Canadian banks?
I just bought Money 2004 Canadian version and can't find mine or any other Canadian banks for the online services? Any ideas? Why would they put out a Canadian version that can't access any Canadian information? ...

Sync QuickBooks 2010 Canadian version with Microsoft CRM
Anyone know of a product/service that will synchronize QB 2010 (Canadian version) with CRM Online? TIA, Len -- Len Kamerman Hero Technical Solutions Inc. 800-260-2243 x706 www.yourcrmhero.com Hi Len! Define "synchronize" better, please... What do you want it to do? Lon "Len Kamerman" <lkamerman@herotechnical.com> wrote in message news:CF818B53-F7D7-4E81-8E57-CF488E447428@microsoft.com... > Anyone know of a product/service that will synchronize QB 2010 (Canadian > version) with CRM Online? > > TIA, > Len > > -- > Len Kamerman >...

Canadian Currency format
I want to display a C in front of my monetary values to indicate Canadian currency. Can I do this WITHOUT creating a custom format? ie. Is it not a built in format option? Lynn, If you format a cell using Format - Cells - Number Custom you can easily copy it to other cells with the Format Painter (standard toolbar). Or we can give you a macro which you can activate with a custom button or a keyboard shortcut to accomplish it. I don't know what it's supposed to look like with that C, but if you give some examples, we can give you some format codes. One approach would be to first...