can't process query in Business portal

Hi,

When one of our GP user access the query in the business portal
(purchasing>>queries), the error 'Can't process query. (Status = Execute)'
appears.

I look in customersource for this type of error (article # 928345 and
914918) but it doesn’t solve the error. What’s unusual about this error is
that when the user login to another computer using her network account the
error doesn’t appear. At the same time when I try logging in the computer
that’s having the error, use my account, transferred the query and run it the
error does not appear. I also tried recreating her account settings in that
computer but it still did not work.

The query that we run doesn’t have too many rows.

BP version: 3.0.1865.0
User workstation: Windows XP

Thanks,

Mel

0
Mel1 (144)

Mel,

Thanks for using the newsgroups.  The error you describe most often shows up
when a Business Portal user tries to run a query that is returning something
that they don't have access to.  For example, if your salesperson tries to
execute a query based on Customer without any modifications, it will be
successful.  The problem arises when someone chooses to return something
associated to Customer, perhaps something like Salesperson or Sales
Territory.  When the salesperson tries to run this query that now returns
more than the default, you will see this error.  If this is indeed the cause
of your error, you have two options.

1)  Give your user more access so they can view everything returned by the
query.
2)  Change your query to return less.

I can't explain why your user would see this on one machine an not another.
I've never experienced something like that.  I'd play with your user
permissions, queries, etc. and see if that solves your problem.

Thanks
Rob
--
Rob Bernhardt
Software Quality Assurance

"mel" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When one of our GP user access the query in the business portal
> (purchasing>>queries), the error 'Can't process query. (Status = Execute)'
> appears.
>
> I look in customersource for this type of error (article # 928345 and
> 914918) but it doesn’t solve the error. What’s unusual about this error is
> that when the user login to another computer using her network account the
> error doesn’t appear. At the same time when I try logging in the computer
> that’s having the error, use my account, transferred the query and run it the
> error does not appear. I also tried recreating her account settings in that
> computer but it still did not work.
>
> The query that we run doesn’t have too many rows.
>
> BP version: 3.0.1865.0
> User workstation: Windows XP
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mel

merchant processing
On Monday Sept. 19 I switched merchants. I was processing outside the RMS package w/ a Telento machine. On monday I installed a Cherry keyboard, had it programmed for Mercury and began processing credit cards, or so I thought. Even though is seemed like it was processing it was not. Now today Thursday September 22 I downloaded the plug-ins to fully process credit cards and confirmed them too. I had cc masking set up in RMS so I am not able to see past sales. Is there a file somewhere that I can see previous credit card transactions so I could submit it to Mercury. Thank you, -Har...

Problem while terminating remote process
Hi I am getting follwing exeption when i am trying to terminate remote process Method invocation failed because [System.Object[]] doesn't contain a method named 'InvokeMethod'. Please help how to fix this What PowerShell code do you use when you get the error? - Larry On 5/5/2010 12:06 PM, kotte wrote: > Hi I am getting follwing exeption when i am trying to terminate remote > process > > Method invocation failed because [System.Object[]] doesn't > contain a method named 'InvokeMethod'. > > Please help how to fix this ...

Update query for area codes
I am working on a very old database where the area code was not included with the telephone number as all of the area codes were the same. I recently had to add the ( ) to accommodate a new area code. What I would like to do is include the area code 401 to all of the phone numbers where the area code has not been filled in. Can someone help me with this? Thank you, -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Nov 12, 1:30 pm, "Uschi via AccessMonster.com" <u25116@uwe> wrote: > I am working on a very old database where the area code was not included with >...

Batch Processing Slow Down...
Has anyone had an issue where posting batches takes a much longer time than is typical. We post batches and month end, and for the amount of records, it typically takes 6-8 hours. A few months ago it started taking over 30 hours, which is making accounting a bit twitchy. :) Thanks for any input. ...

business portal 8.0
routines > sales > statements When running a single customer statement, auto complete will only remember customer ID's you used during your current session. If you log off or switch companies (then switch back) it will not remember the last customer ID's used during that session. It would be great if this also functioned the way similar ID fields do. thanks, fred ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. I...

Forcing a dialog window to the foreground from another process.
I have googled this topic and most have said this cannot be done because changes are made since Windows 98/2000 to disallow a dialog window from appearing in the foreground if certain conditions are not met. I have an MFC application that handles all the UI aspects (Dialogs/Error Msgbox, etc), my secondary app is an Outlook plugin that communicates with my main app thru COM. From the Outlook plugin, I need to display the dialogs from my main app. The problem is, the dialogs will not be brought to the foreground, they will just blink in the taskbar. I have SetForegroundWindow() calle...

We need a consultant to help set up our Money 2006 Small Business
We switched from QuickBooks to Money years ago because our financial institution supports downloads into Money. But our accountants don't use Money and we haven't come across any expert to help us PROPERLY set up our business and investment accounts, rental properties, mortgages, etc. We have been bumbling through and doing fine with checking, savings and invoicing, but the rest is not working. Are there people who make a living doing this, locally or online? How do we find someone? BTW we are located in Boulder/Denver, CO. With gratitude, Helena ...

How do I debug a process
Hello! We have a C#.ASP.NET web application that runs on a IIS 6. The application contains actually several asp pages but there is no GUI. The application receive an xml file that is processed. There is also an MFC dll that is called from this asp application to make a syntax check on quite many commands. You don't have to know what a command is. The problem that we get is the following when the asp pages calls the MFC dll it will run into protected memory error. The IIS runs on a windows server 2003. We have also added some rows in the MFC dll to write to a file about where in the dll i...

Sales Process Workflow 08-10-06
Is there a way to delete a Sales Process workflow? I know how to cancel it, but I would like to remove a wrongly selected process from the opportunity record. ------=_NextPart_0001_325E01E7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! You can look in workflow monitor and cancel the workflow instance for the opportunity. Then you can apply a new workflow if you like. However, any changes incurred from the stages that the opp. went through from the first workflow will still be present. I hope that this helps you out. Kind regards, Mike ==========================...

Active Directory Query
Guys, I have a list of users in a .csv file. The users are listed via firstName, lastName Is there anyway I can use dsquery or any other tools to grab the user's login id after it's compared to the name? Normally for a single name I would do something like dsquery user -name "Nik Test" | dsget user -samid Win2003 sp2 Thanks use for loop in a batch script or u can use Power Shell too (that will give u very good formatting option) for /F "delims=;" %i in (User_List.txt) do dsquery user -name "%i" | dsget user -samid >> C:\Temp.tx...

very interesting query- please help

Workflow Process Questions
Can anyone who has worked with workflow processes for a while answer these questions for me: 1. How do I implement an "OR" condition? I have used nested IFs but is there a better way? 2. Is there any way to print out or otherwise create a copy of your work flow rules? 3. How do you backup/restore workflow rules for disaster recovery? Thanks Dave Dave not being able to printout a workflow is a pain..especially a sales process. It may be possible to do this either using the sdk or crystal reports. CRM 1.2 has a export tool for workflows. I cannot remember whether it is on t...

MS CRM 4.0 query builder error
Hi, I'm having a problem with the Mailmerge Template entity: I imported all customizations from one environment to another. When I want to open my mailmerge templates in the settings section i get following error: Query Builder Error No Entity I did not make any customizations to this entity, so I don't know what the problem can be. Following are the symptoms: - opening Wordmail merge templates from the settings area gives me the error above. - opening the entity from the customization section does not give me any errors: I can add attributes to forms and publish it, withou...

Processes Requiring Lengthy Amounts of Time
Hello: I have several clients with above average databases (sizes greater than 15 GB and up to about 40 GB). When they need to run checklinks, reconciles, and/or year end close processes, it takes forever. Depending on which process, it could take 15 to 30 each to process. That is really tough when you have a business that cannot afford that type of downtime. Now, both of the companies that I am thinking of have hardware that is well within recommended specs based on the MBS hardware recommendations. The memory does not spike to an extreme, nor does activity with the CPUs, but har...

New Query, All Records in one Query, which does not exist in anoth
Hello knowledged people: I'm trying to create a query that compares two queries. The two existing queries return the same fields, of course, with different records in each query. With the new query, I want to pull all the records of Query1 which do not exist in Query2. What is the simplest way of doing this? Needing help, Gabriel M. Is there a field, or a small number of fields, in both queries that uniquely define a record or do you need to compare the entire record returned in the queries? Also there's a good chance that you may want to just do the comparison before the tw...

Xpath expressions and queries? How do I do this?
Does anyone have any ideas on how to implement what has been suggested for my 'rules engine'? thx, -hazz the following are rules in the sql server table, one row for each rule. Table Column op value score Buy Budget > 500000 10 Buy Budget < 500000 5 Sell In6mths = Yes 10 Sell In6mths = No 5 STEP 1 (SUGGESTION) Each rule consists of an XPath expression for the operand, and operator, the value you compare against, and the score. If I have an object to evaluate a...

Linking Form to query
Ive got a form that uses a calendar to select a date range. The date range is displayed in txtStartDate and txtEndDate. I want to use these two dates to open a form showing data between these dates. how do I link the the text boxes to the form. The form is opened using btnMachineDowntime. The form is called Machine Downtime - Select Date and is based on a query called Machine Downtime - Select Date. Thanks for the help Tommy "Tommy2326" <Tommy2326@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EC788C9-3EC8-4EE2-B52B-FCC9D886FD31@microsoft.com... > Ive got a ...

New Records Not In Query
Hello All: I have a query with a very detailed criteria. I inputted new records by using forms that meet the criteria of the query. However, they are not there. Can anyone tell me of some type of refresh that I need to do in order for the records to show up in the query? The records are in the main table and the main query. Any input would be appreciated. -Anthony Moran Pension Fund Intern Anthony Queries retrieve records from tables (and other queries). Tables store data. Forms are used to display (and enter/edit) data. If you've added records via your forms, those records sh...

Predefined Process
Can someone please give me the definition of a predefined process. I want to make sure I'm using the proper boxes. Thanks! ...

queries from one field to two or more tables
Hi all Need your help please, In one table, i have one field which have 2 or 3 values which will refer to different table (one to many). When queries, the statement will a bit longer and take a high of processor usage. Or sometime get the errors. Can you advise my how to prevent this situation please, or may be, i make a wrong step. thank you -- Cheers Mohsin Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Your design is incorrect. The rule that you must think of is: One value in the intersection of one row and one column. The...

Which Credit Card Processing Software to USE?
I want to integrate my credit card processign into the MS POS (as opposed to using a seperate aauthorization system). Do you recommend such a move? Also, there are several software products to choose from. PC Charge seem to be the most popular, but a quick serach revealed a whole bunch of problems pleople are having with its integration into the MS POS (specially with the new version of PC Charge). Is IC Veryfiy any better? (that is, is it less problematic and do hey provide better customer suppport)? Thank you very much! P.S. Since I use a payment processor other than Chase, I think I...

Mfg Process
Hi, I need to understand the workflow of GP Manufacturing module, I would appreciate if somebody creates a simple BOM (with one Backflush component) and configure one routing/sequence (one machine & one labor) and finalize the process till closing the MO, and send it to me as Macro file. I know it takes sometime, but it would be a big help for me. Big-thank in advance. AMH Thanks for you everybody, I could understand the workflow of Mfg. AMH. "AMH" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to understand the workflow of GP Manufacturing module, I would > appreciate if someb...

Union Query and Field Alias
I have created a union query and now want to create a field alias to specify which records come from which query. The union query works as such: SELECT * FROM [qryTodBefore10] UNION SELECT * FROM [qryTod10To12] UNION SELECT * FROM [qryTod12To2] UNION SELECT * FROM [qryTodAfter2]; But when I try to add the field alias I get the error: Syntax Error in From clause. The error is not any more specific than that. I have tried so many different statements I thought it may be better to just ask: What is the correct syntax to add a field alias called [TimeOfDay]? Thanks. L...

Queries and Administrator
I work in an NT4 environment and my login is part of the Administrators group. I've created several queries for many of our spreadsheets and have had no problem using them. Other users cannot see my queries using their assigned logins. The only way they can use them is by logging in as Administrator. I've asked the IT Dept to add their logins into the Administrators group but that didn't seem to work for them. It only works if they sign in as Administrator. How weird. Thanks for any help you can provide. Michael Is it possible that access is only allowed to...

what permissions does a windows service need to execute another process? System.Diagnostics.Process process = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info); just local administrator? any specific permitions?
what permissions does a windows service need to execute another process? System.Diagnostics.Process process = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info); just local administrator? any specific permitions? I am not sure what the precise permission set it. That it runs on XP and not on Win2003 could certainly be a permissionset issue, but if you (an authenticated domain user?) have a different permission set on an XP domain-joined machine vs a Win2003 domain-joined machine within the same domain - and are therefore seeing this stuff while developing your app - that's just hokey and your ...