Can't inactivate a vendor

I can't inactivate a vendor, and I don't know why not.

This is the message I get:

'This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt.
The status can't be changed to Inactive.'

There are 5 POs associated with the vendor, all of which have either a
Closed or Cancelled status (and their associated lines are either closed or
cancelled).

There are no unposted receipts or A/P transactions.

No invoices have been entered for the POs.

What can be holding this up??

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

Try using the Remove Completed Purchase Order routine to move those purchase
orders to history and then try to inactivate the vendor.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Bud" wrote:

> I can't inactivate a vendor, and I don't know why not.
>
> This is the message I get:
>
> 'This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt.
> The status can't be changed to Inactive.'
>
> There are 5 POs associated with the vendor, all of which have either a
> Closed or Cancelled status (and their associated lines are either closed or
> cancelled).
>
> There are no unposted receipts or A/P transactions.
>
> No invoices have been entered for the POs.
>
> What can be holding this up??
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
0
callen (2504)
4/4/2008 3:57:01 PM
That did it!

So, before a vendor can be inactivated the POs must be moved to History? I
didn't see that documented anywhere...is that always true, or was there
something unusual about this particular vendor that required me to do that?

--

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Try using the Remove Completed Purchase Order routine to move those purchase
> orders to history and then try to inactivate the vendor.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Bud" wrote:
>
> > I can't inactivate a vendor, and I don't know why not.
> >
> > This is the message I get:
> >
> > 'This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt.
> > The status can't be changed to Inactive.'
> >
> > There are 5 POs associated with the vendor, all of which have either a
> > Closed or Cancelled status (and their associated lines are either closed or
> > cancelled).
> >
> > There are no unposted receipts or A/P transactions.
> >
> > No invoices have been entered for the POs.
> >
> > What can be holding this up??
> >
> > --
> > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > GP 9.0, SP2
0
Bud (544)
4/4/2008 4:14:03 PM
There's nothing I could find that specifically said the purchase orders must
be in history. My guess is that, because PO's stay in the open table, GP
considers them active regardless of the status.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Bud" wrote:

> That did it!
>
> So, before a vendor can be inactivated the POs must be moved to History? I
> didn't see that documented anywhere...is that always true, or was there
> something unusual about this particular vendor that required me to do that?
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Try using the Remove Completed Purchase Order routine to move those purchase
> > orders to history and then try to inactivate the vendor.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Bud" wrote:
> >
> > > I can't inactivate a vendor, and I don't know why not.
> > >
> > > This is the message I get:
> > >
> > > 'This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt.
> > > The status can't be changed to Inactive.'
> > >
> > > There are 5 POs associated with the vendor, all of which have either a
> > > Closed or Cancelled status (and their associated lines are either closed or
> > > cancelled).
> > >
> > > There are no unposted receipts or A/P transactions.
> > >
> > > No invoices have been entered for the POs.
> > >
> > > What can be holding this up??
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > > GP 9.0, SP2
0
callen (2504)
4/5/2008 1:31:07 AM
I've had the same experience that I had to move all PO's for the given
Vendor to history before I could mark them as inactive.

------
Robert

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> There's nothing I could find that specifically said the purchase orders
> must
> be in history. My guess is that, because PO's stay in the open table, GP
> considers them active regardless of the status.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Bud" wrote:
>
>> That did it!
>>
>> So, before a vendor can be inactivated the POs must be moved to History?
>> didn't see that documented anywhere...is that always true, or was there
>> something unusual about this particular vendor that required me to do
>> that?
>>
>> --
>> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
>> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
>> GP 9.0, SP2
>>

>> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>>
>> > Try using the Remove Completed Purchase Order routine to move those
>> > purchase
>> > orders to history and then try to inactivate the vendor.
>> > --
>> > Charles Allen, MVP

0
Robert

Inactivating Vendors
Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt, the status cant be changed to inactive. I have checked and the 2 PO's are closed, and there are no open receivings. What do I have to do to inactivate this vendor? thanks! -- Doug You have to run the Remove Completed Purchase Orders process (Tools-Routines-Purchasing) in order to move closed or cancelled purchase orders to history as long as you are keeping PO history. "Doug" wrote: > Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: > &g...

Inactivating a vendor
I would like to change the vendor status to inactive, but get the message: This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt, The status cant be changed to inactive. i have checked and all PO's are closed or cancelled, and there are no open receipts. Havent used this vendor for over a year. Do I have to do something else to change a vendor to inactive? -- Doug You need to run the PO Removal Routine (Tools-Routines-Purchasing-Remove Completed Purchase Orders) for the Vendor ID you are having the issue with. This will move the PO info to history and allow y...

Project accounting info for vendor does not exist on version 9
We have 15 companies, of which only ONE company uses project accounting. User ID does NOT have access to the alternate POP window to show project information. Why are we receiving the error that the vendor does not have PA info setup, when we are not using PA in this company? How do we shut this off for window that is not showing PA? As well in the company that will be using PA, if the PA info does NOT show on the window, we are entering regular POs therefore we do NOT want any PA info for the vendor. ...

allow customer or vendor CODES to be editable
Once a Vendor/Customer (or even an Inventory Item) is created, the CODE field can no longer be edited. In reality, people, companies, etc. change their names. This leaves few options: (1) try to find and replace it in SQL (with potentially dangerous results), (2) purchase 3rd party software to do this (this should be part of the core), or (3) create a new account, and inactivate and reference the old one (resulting in the loss of information continuity). The problem is GP uses these CODE fields as keys to transaction entry -- a mistake in it's design in my mind. I see two ...

How to Inactivate a Kit
Hello, I'm looking for recommendations on what is the best process to inactivate a kit so it is no longer available to sell? Thanks! Jeff Couple options: 1) GP does not keep or track history of kits in any way shape or form, so you can delete the kit. or 2) Change the kit components to discontinued and you can either disable or password protect the "Allow Sales of Discontinued Items" in the Sales Order Processing Setup Options window. There is no way to inactivate a kit directly. If deleting the kit or changing the kit components to discontinued i...

Customer-Inactivate but do not remove history
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle a customer that we no longer want to use, but i dont want to remove history. (Looks like I cant inactivate a customer if there are posted or unposted transactions) thanks -- Doug Doug, If all transactions for this customer are fully applied, you can move them all to history (Tools > Routines > Sales > Paid Transaction Removal) and then Inactivate the customer. (Note: make sure History tracking is turned on before you run the Paid Transaction Removal.) If you still have open transactions or don't want to move them to...

Voiding AP Check to deleted Temporary Vendor
How do I void a AP check for a temporary vendor ID that was deleted through the "Vendor Mass Delete"? The vendor history has not been deleted, but when I go to the Void Historical Transactions vendor, it gives me error that the Vendor ID does not exist. What is the best way to void these payable checks? This will depend on the reasons for voiding the check. Did the vendor not cash the check? Are you reissuing the check? Will voiding the check create a liability to the vendor? You can certainly void the check in Bank Rec and issue a miscellaneous check through Bank Rec agai...

Inactivate Accounts
I want to inactivate a couple of hundred of accounts that we don’t use any more due to some branch closures. Our account string consists of 4 segments and the second segment denotes the branch. Unfortunately you can not do this via Mass Modify since you can not use wildcards for the main accounts segment (first segment). I know you can only inactivate an account if it has a zero current balance. It will take me hours to open each account in Account Maintenance and inactivate them one by one. What I was thinking of doing is run a trial balance for each branch to make sure there are n...

Vendor list
Hi, I have searched and cannot find this, so if it's a duplicate I am sorry. I need to print a list of our suppliers with address, phone, web, e-mail and account number. Does anyone have this? Thanks, George Here is the SQL you will need .... select id as 'Account', suppliername as 'Supplier', address1 as 'Address', address2 as 'Address (Cont)', city as 'City', state as 'State', zip as 'Zip', phonenumber as 'Phone', faxnumber as 'Fax', emailaddress as 'Email', webpageaddress as 'Web ...

Transaction by vendor
This would sometimes be quite helpful if in Payables Management. On the Transactions by Vendor screen, for invoices that have been paid I would like to see which check(s) paid for each invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/...

Inactivating records
I wanted to run this by you all and see if I'm approaching this the "best" way, and I know "best" can be subjective. :-) I have look-up tables which serve to populate comboboxes in data entry forms and standardize data entry... A user can also add more values to the list in the look up table (via another form). For example, a lookup table of WaterColor will have fields of WaterColorID (primary key set to autonumber) and WaterColor (green, brown, blue). If someone wanted to refine the green color further to more specific green colors, say "aqua gr...

Vendor Items
Hi To all Has any one has a report that will produce the vendor Item list Thank you jm jm wrote: > Hi To all > Has any one has a report that will produce the vendor Item list Item Quantity List move vendor/supplier name to first column.. enable/disable view of other columns.. and you have the Item vendor list.. After, save the layout on new memorized report bye antonio ...

Control of Customer/ Vendor Masters
Hi, This is a query regarding control of Customer/ Vendor Masters. We are using GP 7.50. After creation of a customer/ vendor master, you cannot alter the key field which in this case is the customer/ vendor number. However you can change the name of the customer/vendor in the card. We have given rights to a staffer to create new customers, but she now has the rights to change the names of existing customers. This was not the intention. Is there a way to allow her to create new customer, but prevent alteration of old customer cards? Thanks in advance Carl Field level security might...

DBMS: 2627 error on Vendor Inquiry
Hi, I'm unable to use the vendor inquiry screen on certain vendors. The system gives the following errors: The stored procedure createSQLTemp returned the following results: DBMS: 2627 Great Plains: 0 Any ideas? Jeff, Is there a More Info button? If so, that may have detail on what specifically it's having a problem with. According to SQL documentation, that error is a duplicate key error. Has someone recently crashed out of Great Plains while entering or posting transactions? I have seen that before when a user crashes out of Great Plains while entering a payment. Also...

Inactivate a subform upon a choice.
I have the Parent Form with a field "CaseType" ComboBox with choice like "Business";"Personal" I want the subform to become inactive if "Personal" is chosen on the parent form AND the SubForm's field "Partners" to acquire the same value as of Parent Form's field "Name". Any idea/Event Code/Macro/guidance shall highly be obliged? -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz This is untested. First set the subform's field Partners, then disable the subform. This code would go on the after update event fo...

Trying to Inactivate a Vendor
I would like to inactivate a vendor, but get the message: You can not inactivate a vendor because it has posted or unposted transactions. What do I have to do to inactivate a vendor? -- Doug Doug, I believe to inactivate a vendor, they cannot be on unposted transactions and cannot have unpaid transactions (I think this is what the message means by 'posted') - is either of those the case? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0266721B-87A9-49BF-A7FC-3EB3C2373706@microsoft.com....

PSTL Vendor Modifier Mass change
Hi, We have bought vendor modifier tool recently. Is there any way where I can mass change vendor ID's through importing an old and new ID's file as i have more than 5000 vendors. Absolutely, yes. Just read the instructions in the user guide and you will be on the way. "Rahul Gupta" <Rahul Gupta @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A977FD6E-E747-4761-9A64-A0E2ECCF6ED7@microsoft.com... > Hi, > We have bought vendor modifier tool recently. Is there any way where I can > mass change vendor ID's through importing an old and new ID's file...

Labels Vendors
I want to change the default Label Vendor to Avery U S Letter. How do I do that? I've never used a Microsoft label or any of the others. I just use Avery. Why do I have to keep changing to Avery U S Letter???? My experience is that the vendor of the last used label is the one that appears when I click on the Options button in the Labels tab of the Envelopes and Labels dialog. At least when I just did that, Avery US Letter appeared as the selected Vendor in the Label Options dialog because the label that was active on the Labels tab was an Avery US Letter label. -- H...

Customers & Vendors Balance Report
Hi, Can anyone provide a solution on how we can create a report for both customers and vendors in smartlist that shows their balances for any as on date/ between dates we choose in filter. Thanks Janakiram M.P. There is no way to do this without creating a custom SmartList using SmartList Builder. And accomplishing the 'as of' date results is going to be pretty difficult without a stored procedure. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Janakiram" <...

How do I inactivate connector tool?
I am a very inexperienced beginner with Visio. How do I inactivate the connector tool (not permanently, just so I can continue working with the document without having the connector tool constantly adding connectors) -- Richard Champlin Administrative Program Assistant II Children''''''''s Hospital & Regional Medical Center, Seattle Disregard this...I answered my own question. -- Richard Champlin Administrative Program Assistant II Children''''''''s Hospital & Regional Medical Center, Seattle "Richard Champlin...

Inactivate a subform
I have the Parent Form with a field "CaseType" ComboBox with choice like "Business";"Personal" I want the subform to become inactive if "Personal" is chosen on the parent form AND the SubForm's field "Partners" to acquire the same value as of Parent Form's field "Name". An Event Code/Macro/guidance shall highly be obliged? -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz I think this may work... In the AfterUpdate event of the Partners control on the subform, run a check to see if the Main Combo = Personal ...

1099 vendor amounts not printing on edit list
We have three 1099 vendors with amounts in 2009 that are not printing on the 1099 edit list. Other vendors are showing but these three aren't. We are on SP3. I've tried several KBs that said to update the totals in different Cards>Purchasing menus but that didn't fix it. It shows correctly under Cards but not on the edit list. I even compared them to a vendor that was showing on the edit list in the DB and all looked the same. Any ideas? Thanks Forgot to mention that I did try reconcile and check links on the vendor "Jenny C." wrote: > We...

How to inactivate an inventory item in GP v8 ?
Hi, In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ? in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a selectable item? A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a certain item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the problem is resolved. This is also true of certian inventory lots. If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ? I look forward to any and all comments. Regards, Brcobrem have you tried making it Discontinued? -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

inactivating an employee causes an error message
I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad I get this error message: "you cannot inactivate an employee record with existing employee cost transaction" I do not know what is an "employee cost transaction" and therefore I do not know how to go about and correct the question. The help is legendary Microsoft, acurate but does not even refer to that issue. Can somebody tell me please where to look? Thanks ZA "ZA" wrote: > I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad > I get this error ...

inactivating matrix items
Is there an easy way to inactivate matrix items? I have been manually calling up each size and choosing "options" and "make item inactive". This still leaves the main code active. How do I inactivate the entire Item code and Description? thanks there's a task in the inventory wizard that will let you make multiple items inactive at once. You can't make the Matrix itself inactive - the Matrix is not really an Item, its just a way to group multiple related items together. You could Delete the Matrix - this will not delete any of the matrix 'child' ...