Can BP 4.0 contain "any" data from SQL?

Hello:

SmartList Builder can pull most any data from the GL databases in SQL?  Is
it a fair statement to say that any SmartList favorite that is created in GP
can be shown in a query in Business Portal 4.0?

Or, is it more accurate to say "Not all data can be displayed in Business
Portal 4.0 but customization to create entities can be done to bring in the
data."?

childofthe1980s

childofthe1980s,

Thanks for using the newsgroups.  Your second statement below would probably
be more correct.  BP has entities that are created out of the box and map to
certain tables.  Not all tables have entities though.  Are you familiar with
the new features:  Search, List-baseded pages, and dasboards?  They take
advantage of functionality provided by MOSS.  This provides another way to
surface the data in the back office.

Thanks
Rob
--
Rob Bernhardt
Software Quality Assurance

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> SmartList Builder can pull most any data from the GL databases in SQL?  Is
> it a fair statement to say that any SmartList favorite that is created in GP
> can be shown in a query in Business Portal 4.0?
>
> Or, is it more accurate to say "Not all data can be displayed in Business
> Portal 4.0 but customization to create entities can be done to bring in the
> data."?
>
> childofthe1980s

Can any Microsoft person tell me if this is a bug?
Is this a bug? We have Outlook/Exchange 2003 and the users are running in cached mode. When a user recovers a deleted item from their deleted items folder it does not show up in their mailbox. If you look at the syncronization settings there is 1 item now on the server and 0 in the folder. The item does not come down to the client even if you press F9. If you go into your Outlook web access the file is there but not on the client. If you take the user out of cached mode it works every time. I have narrowed it down to a policy problem. When you set the policy, Emptytrash 1 (Empty Deleted Item...

Pub 2003 can't find font? (but does anyway)
I created a newsletter with Pub 2003. In some text boxes I inserted Word 2003 text that is in Times Roman font. When I open the completed and saved PUB file, it complains that it can't find this font, which it says is "unknown" and "unavailable" and is "embedded" in the document. I hit "OK" and then it finds the font anyway. What gives? What did I do wrong? Sardine Sardine wrote: > I created a newsletter with Pub 2003. In some text boxes I inserted > Word 2003 text that is in Times Roman font. When I open the completed > and saved ...

can't open any emails in inbox, keywords did not match
I receive the following message when I open my inbox. I can see my emails being pulled into Outlook, but I can't open any of them. Search results for "outlook:Inbox" Sorry, your keywords did not match any results. Please try again. ...

Can I be aware of the point of launching any applications?
Hi, there. Actually, what I want to do is making the transition effects between the desktop screen and the screen of launching applications which can be any windows applications. So I need two captured buffers, one is for the current screen and the other is for intial screen of launching applications. But I have to get the intial screen buffer of launching application before it is displayed on the screen. Also, I have to prevent the intial screen buffer from displaying on the screen until the finishing of transition effects. The questions, 1. Can I be aware of the point of launching a...

is there any way you can retrieve a document that you forgot to s.
is there any way you can retrieve a document that you forgot to s... mo <mo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > is there any way you can retrieve a document that you forgot to s... Hint: This space is designed to contain information you couldn't fit into the subject, because the subject field is not designed to hold an entire message. Try going to Start > Run, typing %temp%, clicking OK. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How can I translate text in many cells of an Excel sheet from English to Greek with VBA
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that I'd like to translate into Greek. Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free service or API online? Many thanks in advance. Kim Kim wrote, on 01st March 2012 00:11 UTC + 1 : > Hi all, > > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that > I'd like to translate into Greek. > > Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free > service or API online? > > Many thanks in advance. > > Kim Hello, This is a quite classical...

Office Ultimate
I am confused as to how many computers I can load Office Ultimate 2007 onto? It seem like a good price to get all of the office programs for $75.00. Does anyone know if when you get the free 2010 update you can loand them onto the same number of computers? Thankyou On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 22:24:01 -0700, Bill P wrote: > I am confused as to how many computers I can load Office Ultimate 2007 onto? Bill, Here are some general suggestions for you - your License Terms provide the details you need. I am using Office 2007 as an example In your 2007 version - click on Off...

Splitting Data from One Worksheet to Many Automatically
Is it possible to split data from one worksheet to seperate worksheets based on a criteria in Column A, e.g. day / month / surname / etc. I have a master list of data which changes frequently and it is split into seperate worksheets for individuals to review data specific to them. I want to automate copying the data from the master schedule to the seperate individual worksheets. Thanks. -- Richard Hi, The macro as follow will create a tab for each row in column A, in the macro the list is in sheet2 change it for your sheet name, and the range mine is from row 1 to 88 ...

need clip art of bulding blue prints drawings can anyone help
need clip art for bussiness card back ground Try the Office clipart. A couple came up that may be suitable. http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us Input blueprint into the search. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pelone" <pelone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B672EF98-E691-44A1-9085-821F760B2A61@microsoft.com... > need clip art for bussiness card back ground ...

can anyone help with development
I have a successful commercial project built over the last 14 years which now exists in MFC VC++ V6.0 The project allows commercial companies within the building industry to determine bid quantities for floor coverings. To be honest my area of interest is in building the maths model and I learned just enough MFC to make the thing work but really the whole thing needs polishing up with a new interface. I am looking for a programming partner who would be interested in taking my project and re-writing the interface which I am not that good at. Because of the amount of code we have I'd lik...

Can anyone...
Can anyone tell me why my messages are not appearing in the listings? Hi, We see them Sometimes you need to wait a few minutes. Also seems to depend on what venue you are using to post your messages. If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane "Edward" wrote: > Can anyone tell me why my messages are not appearing in the listings? Listings of what? Are you using a news reader? Perhaps you have set it to not show your postings. Check your settings. Edward wrote: > Can anyone tell me why my messages are not appearing in the listings? ...

How can I create one mail that can send several times to many peop
Hi, Maybe my question is stupid, but I'm new to Outlook. I would like to send one mail to many people (not in one go) without having to retype the mail. I downloaded templates from Microsoft website but I don't know how I can change the text and save it. Anyone can help me? Thanks, Remy Remy wrote: > Hi, > > Maybe my question is stupid, but I'm new to Outlook. I would like to > send one mail to many people (not in one go) without having to retype > the mail. I downloaded templates from Microsoft website but I don't > know how I can change the text and ...

4.5.3 Error: too many recipients

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

Can anyone
Make their outlook express work with their hotmail, if so how? -- Dr. Jinx Minx What dr_jinx_what@hotmail.com news://news.annexcafe.com/annexcafe.psp.masks.tuts http://www.myspace.com/reloc.cfm?c=2&id=626f82a2-ebd3-425a-8c1b-462141072c37 http://community.webshots.com/user/dr_jinx_what On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:33:18 -0700, Dr. Jinx What wrote: > Make their outlook express work with their hotmail, if so how? Use the POP3/SMTP settings. HTTPMail is forever broken between MS Outlook Express and Hotmail. -- Norman ~Oh Lord, why have you come ~To Konnyu, with the L...

Im confused! Can anyone "un"-confuse me?
Im sorry this post is so long. I'm trying to include as much info as possible so you can tell whats going on. Here's the scenario: I have a workbook with two tabs (Main & Data). The main sheet is where the user will enter data and the data sheet is where the code will dump the data. There is a combo box on the Main sheet from which the user will select the current date. Now when the user the selects the date and then enters the data on the page, the user will then click a button (called Save Data) on the main page at which point the data will be transfered to the Data sheet. The...

can not get the index of the array when I use any other type ?
Why can I get the index of the item of the array when I use string*, but can not get the index of the array when I use any other type (such as Int32)? This code will compile perfectly, but if I replace String* with Int32, the code would not compile? The code using String* type: #include "stdafx.h" #using <mscorlib.dll> using namespace System; using namespace System::Collections; int _tmain() { String* Items[] = { S"Dog", S"Cat", S"Elephant", S"Gerbil", S"Dog", S"Horse", S"Pig", S"Cat" }; S...

Can not create new company
Trying to create a new company in GP 9.0 thru utilities on our client's Sql server. Process runs normally until the 'Creating new Great Plains company' (just above business alerts) starts. The system then hangs and eventually a Dexterity error window appears and we have to abort. A database is created however there is no record in the SY01500 table and the db_status is '56' in the db_upgrade table. What is the Dexterity error you are getting "MES" wrote: > Trying to create a new company in GP 9.0 thru utilities on our client's Sql > server. Proc...

Is there any macro that I can get the time of compilation?
Is there any macro that I can get the current time of compilation and insert it into source code as a CString? Fei Xu schrieb/wrote: > Is there any macro that I can get the current time of compilation and insert > it into source code as a CString? __TIME__ or __TIMESTAMP__ Claus I think you need some script which creates a header file during build process and the header file is included into the cpp file via the #include. so like this:- scriptgenerated.h //This should be created during your build process. #define COMPILETIME 2:30PM #include "sciptgenerated.h" .........

can't see any messages in the newsgroup anymore
Why can't I see any messages in the newsgroup anymore? ("There are no items in this view.") Jack But I can see this one I just posted! Jack --------------------------------------------- "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:etXOksQ4KHA.5324@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... Why can't I see any messages in the newsgroup anymore? ("There are no items in this view.") Jack On 6/10/2099 10:20 AM, Jack B wrote: > But I can see this one I just posted! > > Jack > > ------------------------...

Can I set the cores any one users can use?
Hi All, On ws2003 Terminal Server, is there a way I can limit the number of cores a remote user can use? If not, is there a way i can limit the number of cores any particular program can use? Many thanks, -T ...

Can anyone do quick test please?
Is there anyone out there with Outlook 2000 that can tell me if, when they save any received attachment, does the saved file get a modified and created time that is different from your PC's clock time? On two PC's I've tried this (one with Windows XP Pro, one with 98SE), they have the system Date/Time Properties Time Zone set to GMT+08:00, and Outlook 2000's Tools | Options | Preferences | Calendar Options | Time Zone is also set to GMT+8:00. When an attachment is saved, it gets modified and created times 8 hours ahead of the Current System Time (CST). Saving attac...

Can anyone explain this?
I had to modify a MFC dialog application, replacing a literal value with a variable assigned from a selected combobox item. The real-time application communicates via a USB cable to a detector box. It complies and executes properly but this function is executed and a message box appears. It is the if statement test that I am not understanding. Any insight, comments or help is appreciated. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------- void OnButtonExecuteAll(CString m_cmd) { int recLen = 0; int RespType = 0; UCHAR rcvStr[64]; for ...

I am trying to round currency to the closest .50, can anyone tell.
I have a list of numbers I am trying to round to the closest .50, can anyone help me? ex. 264.68 would be 264.50; 264.97 would be 265.00 You can used the MROUND function (ensure the Analysis tool pack add-in is intalled). i.e. =MROUND(A1,0.5) where A1 contains the amount to be rounded. Hope that helps ___________________ Naz London "sueshe" wrote: > I have a list of numbers I am trying to round to the closest .50, can anyone > help me? ex. 264.68 would be 264.50; 264.97 would be 265.00 Or without the Analysis tool pack add-in try: =ROUND(A1*2,0)/2 HTH Sandy -...

Can anyone understand the logic of the codes
Hi I try to read the source codes of a MP3 player (the player is called GSPlayer, designed by Y.Nagamidori) . However, I got some questions about the following codes. The function CPlayer::MpgPlayerThread( ) will be called after user clicks the "play" button. However, I even don't understand the logic of the codes. In more detail: I have three questions 1. In the if statement m_Reader.Read(pbRead + cbInBufLeft, cbBufSize - cbInBufLeft, &cbInBuf), is the 1st argument a buffer to receive the data read from the file, the 2nd argument an integer, the 3rd argument a pointer? Ca...