Calling StoredProcedures from C# Visual Studio Application

I'm developing an GP integration using the SDK with C#. I've created a new
form and want to use a stored procedure to obtain information from one of the
GP  databases. In sansript I can use the SQL_Connect, SQL_Statement and
SQL_Execute functions to execute a stored procedure. Are there equilivants to
these in C# or do I need to use standard C# Commands to do this? Is there any
documentation other that the SDK programmers guide?

Thanks

you would use standard C# ado coding.

patrick
dev support

"Phil M" <PhilM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm developing an GP integration using the SDK with C#. I've created a new
> form and want to use a stored procedure to obtain information from one of
> the
> GP  databases. In sansript I can use the SQL_Connect, SQL_Statement and
> SQL_Execute functions to execute a stored procedure. Are there equilivants
> these in C# or do I need to use standard C# Commands to do this? Is there
> any
> documentation other that the SDK programmers guide?
>
> Thanks

0
Patrick

Server Error in '/' Application. 01-16-06
Hi There; We upgraded our CRM from 1.2 to version 3.0 today,we now get the below error when attempting to connect to CRM. The server is a Windows 2003 SP1 with SQL2000 SP4. Your comments would be appreciated. :) Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ComponentModel...

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Another application trying to access Address book!
Whe I go to send a new mesage in Outlook (XP w/all the latest patches and service packs) a notification screen comes up and says that anther application is trying to access my address book. It gives me the option to stop or allow for various amounts of time. I have a current version of Anti virus on my PC and it come back clean when I do a scan. This seem to start after I installed Adobe Acrobat. Soes anybody have any info on this. Or is there a way to find out what application is trying to access the address book. Do you have Word as the default email editor in Outlook? If so you ca...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

Ctrl+C (copy) doesn't work within GP
I have a user that when using Ctrl+C to copy in GP 9 doesn't work. You can go to edit>>copy and it will, but the hotkey/shortcut doesn't work. In other programs such as Word it works fine. In a test the machine was able to copy info from Word and Paste into GP by using the hotkeys, but another attempt to copy/paste within GP it failed to copy and just pasted what was previously copied from Word. Any ideas? I have run into this a few times but my issue was that if you try to paste some text into a field in GP that is more than the maximum allowed, then it just does not...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

change screen resolution in C#
Hi all, I found the following code on the web. It says it is for C#. Problem is that it seems to be for ASP (it uses the Page_Load procedure) and I need it for a regular Windows form. can anyone suggest how it may be modified for my needs. Thanks ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Page_Load Code Screen Srn = Screen.PrimaryScreen; tempHeight = Srn.Bounds.Width; tempWidth = Srn.Bounds.Height; Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "Error", "<script type=\"text/javascript\">alert('" + &qu...

New Mail causes Visual Basic Error
I'm trouble shooting a WIN 2000 PC using Outlook. When user click on the "new" button and error pops up that says "Visual Basic Error". The text tell you to enable Macros. If you click on the error, a new mail pops up, but the error occurs each time a new mail is created. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike ...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Comparing two XML files in C#
Hallo everybody, I have the following problem. There are two XML files: first one (FIRST.xml) includes all products definition, the second one (SECOND.xml) is a product instance. What do I need is to compare these two files. Let's see an example: FIRST.xml <Product ID=""> <Element ID=""/> <Element ID=""/> ..... <Element ID=""/> </Product> SECOND.xml <Root> <Products> <Product ID=""> <Module Name=""/> <Module Name="...

Sheet Protect
Hello, In Excel when I press the alt key and F11 I get the Visual Basic Window. I don't want the user to see all the coding behind the various sheets, forms, modules etc. How do I password protect this? I try sheet protect, but I can still see the Visual Basic Window. Thank you in advance. Cheers, In the VBIDE, Tools>Project Propertries>Protection, it is all there. It is not crack-proof, but it does offer some deterrent. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "CAM" <alex_martinez@comcast.net> wrote...

Need good Visual C++ Winsock2 book recommendations?
I'm currently doing some beginner network programming using CSocket/CAsyncSocket and everything seems to be working fine though i haven't load tested my Client/Server applications on a 'noisy' communication link yet. I'm eager to learn more so i want to move on to using WinSock. Need recommendations on any good WinSock 2 books / references out there. I mostly work in Visual C++ MFC using VStudio 6. Thanks in advance! Kenny Fong "Kenny Fong" <kenny.fong@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eaMYjKAZEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm currently doi...

Income tax applicable (Canadian payroll)
Actually, if we put an income or benefit paycode to Income tax applicable at NO (same for Quebec tax) the T4/R1 does not get update with those amounts. Some exceptions required that we put those setup to NO and T4/R1 still need to be updated by those amounts. Ex. Presence counter, profit sharing payable in a RRSP... I have been handling some setup at customers that required this setup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the messag...

open hidden file\folder in MFC or C++
hi i trying to open some new folder in my program , i write this function below , but i dont know how to make the folder "dataFile" to be hidden. bool CPoliceDBApp::changeDirectory() { char buffer[MAXSIZE]; if(!_getcwd(buffer,MAXSIZE)) //get now active directory return false; CString path=buffer; path+="\\dataFile"; //declare new directory path _mkdir(path); //build new folder in path if(_chdir(path)) //change active directory return false; return true; } Use SetFileAttributes with FILE_ATTRIBUTE_HIDDEN -- Regards, Nish [VC++ M...

Government Applications One Focus of XML 2004
XML 2004 to Focus on Government XML Applications Expanded Government Track to Highlight XML Applications in U.S. and Abroad; XML.gov, KM.gov, CIO Council, and SICoP to Co-Host Event Alexandria, Va. – Oct. 6, 2004 – IDEAlliance, a leading industry association dedicated to fostering XML and other information technology standards, today announced that XML Conference and Exposition 2004 will feature a full track of presentations and topics focused on government-related XML applications and solutions. XML 2004 is slated for Nov. 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. Ma...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

Borland C++ Builder
I use to use Borland C++ builder. What is the closest equivelent in the VC++.Net suite? I basically want drag-n-drop UI construction with automatic generation of code stubs for UI events callbacks Will using the resource editor with an MFC project get me close Thanks ...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Where to call SetWindowPos
In my SDI, can I place the following in CMainFrame::OnCreate( )? Or is there a better place? // ensure window opens on top when called by other applications, esp. the installer SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); Note that wndTopMost really means it is always on top and can never have another app come on top of it. So wndTopMost is often a poor choice. SetWindowPos would not be the best choice here; SetForegroundWindow would be better. joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:04:00 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >...

application defined or object defined error on form
I have 2 forms. My main form which has a button to open another form(search form) and be able to select the customer that is to be viewed. I actually didn't create this form, a co-worker did and they are new to it. Well they renamed the form, table etc. It looks as if everything is changed correctly but for some reason my search form is erroring out. Not sure if it's because of the name change or something else. This selection worked before until this name change. So, On my search form, you can select a customer and click on the select button, which has this logic: varID = M...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

Default Name for C Drive
I just had to install and new hard drive and upgrade my memory on an old HP laptop. my hard drive was renamed as I was cleaning the keyboard and I can not remember what it was called before it was renamed gibberish. what is the default name for the C: Drive? is it local disk? Drive C:? Will renaming this drive from soemthing other than the default name affect the operability of my programs that were installed under the old name? thank you! helloprilly wrote: > I just had to install and new hard drive and upgrade my memory on > an old HP laptop. my hard drive was r...

Call out to detect attaching files
Hi All, Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a change to the note then i'm able to see the changes. can anyone tell me the reason... Thanks, Charith On Aug 7, 2:34 am, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe tha...