Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Is there any way to call dex procs from SQL or VB code?

0
jed9769 (25)

Jed

There is an undocumented and unsupported method of calling Dex code from
VBA.  However, I know of no method of calling Dexterity from SQL.

Please email me if you want an example, just remove the online. from the
address below.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Jed Perlowin" wrote:

> Is there any way to call dex procs from SQL or VB code?

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

SQL 2005- install failed
Hi - I just noticed that on one of my machines is running sql server 2000. The install must of flaked out. What do I need to do to get it up to 2005? A reinstall? How would you go about doing a clean uninstall and then reinstall? Thanks Brent Brent wrote: > How would you go about doing a clean uninstall and then reinstall? Thanks > Brent Your machine have the requirements for sql 2005? dotnet framework 2.0 installed, wmi services enabled ... ? cod ...

DPM can see all SQL Databases but one.
I am confused on this one. I think it might be a permissions thing within SQL as we were having issues yesterday connecting to the same DB with another program. Please help and you help is appreciated. Thanks Just checked and there are no spaces in the file name per a previous post. "mi24k2" wrote: > I am confused on this one. I think it might be a permissions thing within SQL > as we were having issues yesterday connecting to the same DB with another > program. Please help and you help is appreciated. > > > > Thanks What version o...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Is there any product for detecting compromised log files/procedure
My place wants to know if there is anything on the market for detecting compromised data. On one of our websites - when a customer clicks any of a multitude of links on the main page - a "warning you computer may be infected" type message was coming up - the kind that won't go away and redirects you to another site. Our web guy says that data within our sql server was invoking this malware since just about all of the links pull data from our sql server, and currently he is now causing the web links to error out instead of letting customers get redirected to othe...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

SQL Maintenance and Backup plans
I have downloaded the SQL Server 2008 developer and workgroup editions. I have installed them my computer and I am trying to develop maintenance and backup plans. However, either edition developer or workgroup have this functionality provided by the installation. Can you please explain why this is the case? I have downloaded them from our MSDN subscription. On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:23:02 -0700, Thomas <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have downloaded the SQL Server 2008 developer and workgroup editions. I >have installed them my computer and I am trying...

decreasing performance when SQL in mixed mode
The installation guide of MS says that you should use as authentication method Windows Only or Mixed Mode for SQL server. Only Windows only would be safer. Because of different reasons (a mailmerge Add_on and the server is hosted at an ASP), we would like to set the authentication mode of the SQL server to Mixed Mode. The performance of the CRM server is going down dramatically when you do that. Anyone any idea how to solve this problem? We have MS Crm 1.2, Small Business Server 2003, A dual Xeon with 2 Megabytes of Ram and I think 100 accounts in the database. Changing between Windows Onl...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Where to call SetWindowPos
In my SDI, can I place the following in CMainFrame::OnCreate( )? Or is there a better place? // ensure window opens on top when called by other applications, esp. the installer SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); Note that wndTopMost really means it is always on top and can never have another app come on top of it. So wndTopMost is often a poor choice. SetWindowPos would not be the best choice here; SetForegroundWindow would be better. joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:04:00 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

World Wide Calling! Unlimited Incoming Calls.
New virtual access anywhere technology lets you call anyone, anywhere in the world, from any phone! Access: http://pt.telextreme.com/743499 ...

SQL CAL
I have 10 POS machines connected to a server. The server will run Wind2k3 as OS and SQLServer2000 as database. Do i need to get a CAL (for SQLServer2003) for each of the 10POS machines? tnx. \Franco \Franco, Yes, for each computer running SO POS _or_ SO Manager. A W2k3 CAL too! http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/default.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/caloverview.mspx -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not us...

Null in SQL 2005/2008
Just want to make sure that SQL 2205/2008 is still treating Null value the same as in pervious version like SQL 2000 or 7. Is the following still true in SQL 2005/2008? I copied this from a microsoft article back in 2003 which applies to SQL 6.5 and 7.0. "For all standard data types, NULL values stored by Microsoft SQL Server do not take up any additional storage space. The only associated overhead for a column containing a NULL value is a single byte in the storage record that defines a pointer to the column. This is a fixed cost that is associated with the creation of the co...

ANN: DBForms from MS Access to ASP.NET + MS SQL v 1.0 released.
We are glad to announce the releases of our new product DBForms from MS Access to ASP.NET+MS SQL v.1.0.0. This tool allows you to convert mdb (Microsoft Access forms) to .aspx web pages + MS SQL back-end with AJAX support. Convert forms and their elements (Label, Image, OptionGroup, TextBox, ListBox, ComboBox, CommandBox and others) to Web page including element position, color pallet and fields type. Advanced customization options: - Rename caption forms - partial selection for database objects that will be converted. - detection of possible conversion errors at customization stage. Session...

Call out to detect attaching files
Hi All, Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a change to the note then i'm able to see the changes. can anyone tell me the reason... Thanks, Charith On Aug 7, 2:34 am, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe tha...

How do I do something called "track and change" in Publisher?
How do I do something called "track and change" in Publisher? thepantheistsboots wrote: > How do I do something called "track and change" in Publisher? You don't, there is no such feature. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

OnKeyDown not called for VK_DOWN or VK_RIGHT but is called for others.
In my Dialog App on Win98 VC6 MFC, my OnKey is not called for VK_DOWN or VK_RIGHT but is called for others including VK_UP and VK_LEFT. Here is a portion of the Spy++ Log (I inserted blank lines to separate the key events). What could be causing this strange behavior? TIA Harvey ----- Spy Log: <00034> 0000030C P WM_KEYDOWN nVirtKey:'C' cRepeat:1 ScanCode:2E fExtended:0 fAltDown:0 fRepeat:0 fUp:0 <00035> 0000030C S WM_GETDLGCODE <00036> 0000030C R WM_GETDLGCODE fuDlgCode:0000 <00037> 0000030C P WM_CHAR chCharCode:'c' (99) cRepeat:1 ScanCode:2E fExtended:...

Call to a project from a MFC
Hello all, On the one hand I developped a MFC application (compile and execution ok). On the other hand I developped C++/C/Fortran routines (compile and execution ok). Now I would like to call, from the MFC application (e.g. on a click event), the routines. At first, I had problem with the precompiled header, and I solved it by entering "Project Settings, and not /Yu"stdafx.h" " for all non-MFC files. Now I got the following error : dfor.lib (DFORMAIN.OBJ) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MAIN__. I had a look at the FAQ and especially at (http://www.m...

LAST CALL to LUKE M
May I, please, have your E-Mai address ? I asked for it right beyond one of your replies, somewhere in this, or previous, page - but got nothing in return. If you don't want me to have it - just let me know - hereunder. Thanks, Micky micky-a<at>tapuz.co.il ...

call flow
I'm looking for help with illustrating call flow through a large call center. Does anyone have a template I can use or any other help? call center flow tends to be pretty industry/function specific, and everyone wants to sell you their expertise in how it might be done.... try here for a university case study http://www.mark.umd.edu/~clay/OITACD_files/OITACD.htm al "Herbert" <hnmaddox@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:41FCDFF3-BA6C-4553-AC57-5847F38B9A1E@microsoft.com... > I'm looking for help with illustrating call flow through a large call > center. &...