Call center support integration with GP.

I'm looking for a solution that will bring up the customer record when
receiving an incomming phone call.  Call center support integration with GP.

Do you know what software / telephone system will integrate with Great Plains?

0
Brett (71)

I believe Vonexus does this: www.vonexus.com

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a solution that will bring up the customer record when
> receiving an incomming phone call.  Call center support integration with
> GP.
>
> Do you know what software / telephone system will integrate with Great
> Plains?

0
victoria (3340)
8/29/2006 4:51:24 PM
Brett,

You'll need Microsoft CRM 3.0.  Once you have that it's easy.  I've been
getting quotes from vonexus, cisco, avaya, etc.

-Trevor

"Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a solution that will bring up the customer record when
> receiving an incomming phone call.  Call center support integration with
> GP.
>
> Do you know what software / telephone system will integrate with Great
> Plains?

0
Trevor
8/29/2006 5:01:22 PM
Thank you Victoria!  What does MVP stand for?

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> I believe Vonexus does this: www.vonexus.com
>

> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm looking for a solution that will bring up the customer record when
> > receiving an incomming phone call.  Call center support integration with
> > GP.
> >
> > Do you know what software / telephone system will integrate with Great
> > Plains?

0
Brett (71)
8/30/2006 6:32:02 PM
Trevor,

I'm looking at the Covad solution.  Fully hosted, $34.99/phone/month
w/unlimited local and long distance.  I just need the screen pop function and
then it would be perfect.  Thanks for the tip!

Brett

"Trevor Clark" wrote:

> Brett,
>
> You'll need Microsoft CRM 3.0.  Once you have that it's easy.  I've been
> getting quotes from vonexus, cisco, avaya, etc.
>
> -Trevor
>
> "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm looking for a solution that will bring up the customer record when
> > receiving an incomming phone call.  Call center support integration with
> > GP.
> >
> > Do you know what software / telephone system will integrate with Great
> > Plains?

0
Brett (71)
8/30/2006 6:34:01 PM
Brett,

MVP stands for Most Valuable Professional.  Here is some more info if you're
interested:  http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

--

> Thank you Victoria!  What does MVP stand for?
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I believe Vonexus does this: www.vonexus.com
>>

>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>>

>> "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm looking for a solution that will bring up the customer record when
>> > receiving an incomming phone call.  Call center support integration
>> > with
>> > GP.
>> >
>> > Do you know what software / telephone system will integrate with Great
>> > Plains?

0
victoria (3340)

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

We are in the process of going live on GP v9 as of October 1. We are looking for a way to load invoice history using the Integration Manager or eConnect so that we can upload years of invoice history. OK to assume each invoice was paid in full the same date of invoice because the purpose is to load invoice history for sales analysis purposes. All ideas including product that you offer to solve this are welcome. Jim, IM was the only way to load historical data (and you had to assume that the invoice was paid in full ) and your requirements match si IM will do just fine. The standard ad...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

Chart REALLY needs to support more than 255 data series
(FWIW -- This posting is via MS "Suggestion" feature, in turn reached via Excel's help... so at this point I am totally confused about what the heck is going to happen next -- submit suggestion? Post to usenet? Both??? Damned if I can tell from this UI.) Excel 2003 Chart continues to have a limit of 255 data series per chart, a rather surprising kind and size of limitation in 2005, given gazigabytes of memory etc. And a very nasty surprise if one has been counting on Chart to be at least modestly scalable. On big paper, with just a few points per series (generated via SQL...

GP 10 Startup Performance
Hi all, I'm looking for some advice, as I'm pulling my hair out with this. This was the way on 9.0, and I was really hoping 10 fixed it. Upon starting on 10.0, the performance with the startup is just absolutely horrible when reminders, tasks, and metrics are turned on. Turning them off, we get satisfactory performance, but that completely defeats the purpose of having them up and running. Has : A: Anyone seen this B: Resolved it any other way than shutting them off The client currently has over 10,000 open A/R documents, does approx 7-800 invoices and another 300 orders...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

Support Code:85010001
Howdy, I just purchase a Sprint PPC-6700 in the hopes that it would sync directly to my Exchange SP2 server. The error message that I receive is "Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings. Contact your Exchange Server administrator. Support Code:850100001." Does anyone have a resolution to this problem? Thanks, Prayer Sorry, no help, but I'd love to hear what you think of the 6700 once you get it working! "Solanky, Prayer S." wrote: > Howdy, > > I just purchase a Sprint PPC-6700 i...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

centering data on pages
Im making a 2004 calendar in excel, and ive set it in the print option to center the cell both horizonally & vertically. Each month of the calander starts in a new set of the print boarders so that each prints on a seperate page, but when i do print preview excel only centers the last page vertically, the rest of them are all at the top of the page. Does anyone know how i can fix this You have probably got a few lines left blank at the bottom of each page. Excel interprets this space as used, because it is not the end of the spreadsheet. If those lines were not blank, you would expec...

RMS integration with SBA
Is there a bridge to MS Small Business Accounting? -- Devalope Yes, look on PartnerSource. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems ------=_NextPart_0001_6437EEA3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, Thank you for posting your SBA integration question. We apologize for any inconvenience that our delayed response may have caused. Going forward you can expect this in a timelier manner. The links for the SBA Connector are: Retail Management System http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BB01BFFF-1A54-4F0B- B766-A89137734CB6&...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Report: Position Codes List
Accounting says HR cannot change the use of this field. The field should be used for position code Like "senior retail" . It was set up to track our codes for payroll percentages. Accounting says it drives g/l postings? The field links to over 80% of the HR package..hence the reason we are looking at a $200,000 package. Has anyone encounter this before? Ed Accounting is correct. Payroll tracks each of the position/manager/employees and has intrinsic code behind it that is used for Tax and posting reporting. Before you spend that $200,000 though...almost every module in G...

Cannot lock/protect Merge and Center Cells
Using Excel 2003. We have a workbook with 3 worksheets with similar (but not exactly the same) information/layout. There are no links, groups, etc. between the sheets. On each sheet they have 1 column where they have used Merge and Center to merge about 10 rows several different times. They have then set the desired cells to be 'locked' using the correct steps. The locked cells INCLUDE the merged and centered cells. They then turned Protection on (with only the defaults checked). The first worksheet still allows them to edit the merged cells, even though it's lock...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

Request reponse from MS technical support
Hi, This is Kay/Kathy. I just learned a little more about email/forum/question/support and the confusion among incident support, support plan, email support, public group, managed group, user group, customer group and partner group, etc..., what exists, existed, no longer exists, merged, differentiated...... Most of my questions here have been unanswered or answered without solution with the exception of Glens' and Jeff's, to which I'm grateful.... Technically, I'm not sure if my posts should have been responded by the MS technical support team. If you exists here, pl...

Netflix in Media Center not conecting
I have watched video from my Netflix account with MC in the past, but now I get a blue box stating, " INTERNET CONNECTION There was a problem retrieving data. Verify your internet connection is working and try again." The connection is fine. I get almost 3 m/s download speed. This is with Vista Home Premium. It did not come with the Netflix, but it was added with updates sometime last year. I have a valid account and can watch through a browser window. I am using Embarq ( F Secure ) security package with a firewall and application control. Inbound and outbound conne...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Where to call SetWindowPos
In my SDI, can I place the following in CMainFrame::OnCreate( )? Or is there a better place? // ensure window opens on top when called by other applications, esp. the installer SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); Note that wndTopMost really means it is always on top and can never have another app come on top of it. So wndTopMost is often a poor choice. SetWindowPos would not be the best choice here; SetForegroundWindow would be better. joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:04:00 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >...

GP 9.0 upgrade issue
Hi, I upgrade GP from 8.0sp3 to 9.0. All upgrade process seems run smoothly, and all company is upgraded successfully. But when I logged in as sa, first, following error msg was poped-up: GPS error?: 61 And the user/company textbox on the upleft corner were keeping gray for several hours. I could not log-off GP too, it poped up a message said 'Processes are currently running that can not be deleted'. I'd waited more than 9 hours, the process or processes seemed still running. The SQL server version is SQL Server 2000 with sp4. Please help! Thanks in ad...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

Tenrox PSA for GP
Hi, Does any have any information on the Tenrox PSA for GP? If yes, can you give us some feed back? Regards, Ani ...

Call out to detect attaching files
Hi All, Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a change to the note then i'm able to see the changes. can anyone tell me the reason... Thanks, Charith On Aug 7, 2:34 am, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe tha...

support can not receive nor send
I am useing outlook 2003 with xp pro. I have 23 accounts set up and one will not receive. I have tried the help, repair with no results. My error reads every time"" Task 'mail.greenhousegourmet.com (3) - Receiving' reported error(0x800ccc92) :"Your email server has rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR[SYS/PERM] Unable to process from lines (envelopes), change reconition modes or check for corrupted mail drop. I have been in touch with my isp and he assures ...

Need to dynamically re-center a form
Hi everyone, I have an Access form which I'm dynamically sizing based on the number of entries in a list box. Simple code to dynamically re-center it doesn't quite seem to be working as I would expect (AutoCenter is on, then simply move form up by half the difference of height change). I realize that algorithm won't be perfect, due to things like title bar height, but I would've thought it would be close enough. Instead, with large numbers of entries in the list box, my form goes WAY above the top of the Access "work area" (i.e., the usable display area aft...