calculation of average cost GP 9

GP 9.0 automatically generates adjustments in the General Ledger if an item
was sold or was consumed from inventory and if the cost was then changed.
Does it also post the transaction to the sub ledger?
If it only makes a general journal entry to the GL then you sub ledger will
never match you ledger. Is this correct? How can this be a feature?
0
stephen (112)

Are you telling us that when you perform a transaction that consumes an item,
like an issue transaction, you are changing the cost on the transaction?  You
should not do that!  In average costing systems, the cost displayed on the
transaction screen is the correct average cost (or FIFO or LIFO in those
systems).  Changing this cost will cause the errors you are seeing.

You cannot control the cost taken to a sale or transaction in an average
cost system.  You are looking for an actual cost system.  GP is not an Actual
Cost system.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Stephen" wrote:

> GP 9.0 automatically generates adjustments in the General Ledger if an item
> was sold or was consumed from inventory and if the cost was then changed.
> Does it also post the transaction to the sub ledger?
> If it only makes a general journal entry to the GL then you sub ledger will
> never match you ledger. Is this correct? How can this be a feature?
0
info4071 (3004)

Help with average formula
Hi, I'm trying to calculate average of figures as follows: 1.1.2003 10 2.1.2003 20 3.1.2003 15 4.1.2003 5.1.2003 5 So the question is that if there is one row that has no numbers in it how do I exclude it from the average... meaning that average would b counted like this (10+20+15+5)/4 and not (10+20+15+5)/5. Thanks //juh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Juha If a cell is blank, it won't be included in the average. Andy. "Juha" <Juha.ybp1y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Juha.ybp1y@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > I...

Crystal Reports 11\GP 9
I have a report that is working properly for one company and would like to use it with our other company. I created a new ODBC and set the database to the correct company. If I browse the data at the field level I am able to verify that the correct database is being accessed. But the report does not generate any data. I even removed all filters and checked permissions on the database. Any ideas? Thanks , Jean Crystal Reports has a mapping to the database with in the report definition. No mater what the ODBC says, it will look at the original DB Make a copy of the report for the new c...

How to calculate age of a person?

average if with time
I have data sorted by date(mm/dd/yy) and time(hh.mm.ss) and I am tryin to write a function which will average every hour. How can I sor through the times and compute an average without getting all the 2 clocks, for example, as opposed to the hour on one particular day Thanks for the help, Andrew Moo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Need a little more detail. Maybe give me an example of what you have a data and then tell me what results you are trying to recieve from tha data! michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I see your problem as having separate...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

OUTLOOK from PGP 8 to PGP 9
Anyone can help me with a issue ? I did not got any help on last issue posted but I am still hoping :) I have PGP 8.0 and tons of emails in outlook 2k already encrypted. I can read them if I have PGP 8.0 but I want to upgrade to pgp 9 that is like a proxy right? I understood that pgp 9 decrypt emails before arriving inbox but how I will read the current emails that are already encrypted ? I know that is option with DECRYPT CLIPBOARD CONTENT but at volume of mail we have would be impossible for us. I saw one interesting fact: when I use LOOKOUT to index mail in OUTLOOK and passphrasses ...

help please #9
sorry for the double post I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to do something and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I need to migrate user mailboxes from one server to another, easy enough right... well here is where my issues are. server one is in say abc.local domain server two is in say xyz.local domain there are the same users in both domains, with the same naming convention. so to clear that up if i have a user called ttest in domain abc, user ttest is also in xyz. the old administration had seperated these domains due to function and sec...

Calculated field options???

Using GP 10 to support an undergraduate finance investment class
I am a member of the Dynamics Academic Alliance with makes available Dynamics for use in a university classroom environment to teach students both the conceptual aspects of the software as well as the practical applications of the software. I have been using the software in my various information systems classes for a number of years now and am trying to help launch the software into other classes. One such class is an Finance investment class. As a non-finance professor, I am hoping some of the people on the newsgroup can provide some recommendations of how GP 10 can be demonstra...

GP- Promise to Pay Reporting by Date Range
I wish to build a query that reports action type, Promise to Pay, by customer within a defined timeframe. In the attached test transaction, I report one transaction with an action date within this timeframe. When I run the query, it prompts me to check an action type when the action type is already built into the query? Why am I required to select an action type? I built query includes two transactions with Promise to Pay, Action Promised. However, one transaction is outside the nominated action query date. I report the same query where I selected a note range to 9/30/2008 and the s...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Dynamics GP 10 on Windows 2000
We're about to try to upgrade from Great Plains 8.0 to 10.0. We have a Windows 2000 server with SQL 2000 where our existing GP 8.0 is installed. We ALSO have a Windows 2003 SBS... we're NOT using SQL on that machine... and don't want to. (Please save each of us a response, and don't ask me why...) Can we install the GP 10.0 server programs on the SBS 2003 server and point to the Windows 2000/SQL 2000 database server? Yes, you can install the 'Server' application on SBS 2003 or even an XPSP2 workstation. All you need are the SQL 2000 tools installed on the m...

averaging from one sheet to another
I am trying to compile library statistics. Whenever I give an instruction session, I pass out forms for the students to fill out. They choose a numerical value (1-5) to describe their proficiency in several different areas. I need to have a form where I input the data so that the data is automatically averaged with all the other data from all the other students. I suppose the average of all the students would be tallied on a separate page, and hte original sheet would go blank after each new student's data was added to the pool of all the students' data. Does this make ...

How do I get the combo box to link with costs field in the table?
I have a database which I am trying to figure out. I have a field in the table which is the names of the cars and there is a price field. How do I link both of them up so that when I create a form and select the different car the different prices can appear. Can someone offer some help with this Please! Samiullah, We can't help until we know how you have your table set up. Is the CarName and the CarPrice in the same table? If they are in different tables, do you have a unique key field in each table that "relates" the CarName in one table with a CarPri...

Installing Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Workflow
Hello, We are trying to install GP Workflow on the server with Windows Server 2008. When reading the Workflow installation guide, we find that one of the pre-requisite is MOSS 2007. We do not have Office Sharepoint Server 2007. Is this a MUST HAVE product for GP 10.0 Workflow to be installed? I understand that Workflows are configured from the web. If we install GP Business Portal, can we configure WOrkflow from Business Portal? Any advice is greatly appreciated. May May, Microsoft Office Sharepoint (MOSS) 2007 Enterprise Edition is a '"MUST" for using Workflows functional...

Convert Lotus 123 Release 9 to Excel 2000
Can a Lotus 123 Release 9 spread sheet be converted to Excel 2000. Lotus spreadsheet is a basic spread sheet. stan stan, Macros won't convert but the basic spreadsheet should. From Lotus, do a "Save As" Microsoft Excel 97 Workbook. You should then be able to open it from Excel. Most formulas will automatically convert. John stan wrote: > Can a Lotus 123 Release 9 spread sheet be converted to > Excel 2000. Lotus spreadsheet is a basic spread sheet. > > stan "stan" <zpq@comcast.net> wrote... >Can a Lotus 123 Release 9 spread sheet be conver...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...