Calculation in Smartlist Builder

Does anyone have any hints for writing a calculation in Smartlist Builder to
convert a string field to a date field?  I've tried several formulas
including the CAST function, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks!!!
0
TamiJ (4)

Hello Tami J

No you can cast it into date type in Smart List, what you can do is create a
datatype as date in sql server it self and show it in the smart list.

Akram.

"Tami J" wrote:

> Does anyone have any hints for writing a calculation in Smartlist Builder to
> convert a string field to a date field?  I've tried several formulas
> including the CAST function, but haven't had any luck.
>
> Thanks!!!
0
Akram1 (98)

Platform Builder 5.0 Link Error
I'm in the process of testing out the Trusted Environment implementation for windows ce 5.0 that is layed out in the MSDN website. The signature checking works fine when I code my own string comparison function, but not when I try to use _wcsicmp() as the documentation does. When I try to use that function I get BUILD: [01:0000000040:ERRORE] oal_startup_x86.lib(oeminit.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __wcsicmp referenced in function _OEMCertifyInit BUILD: [01:0000000041:ERRORE] C:\WINCE500\platform\CEPC\target \x86\retail\kern.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unre...

Calculate Percentages
How do I add 17.5% to a value stored in cell b2? Lindsay Cell B3 formula = "=B2 + (B2 * .175) will do it. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =B2 * 1.175 "Lindsay Cowell" <lindsay@lindsaycowell.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:bvefnr$uto$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk... > How do I add 17.5% to a value stored in cell b2? > Lindsay > > > > > > > > > > > If the responses you have aren't what you meant, and you actually wanted to change the value in B2 to B2+17.5%, then put 1.175 in a cell an...

Variable time calculation
Hi all I have been trying to solve this formula for some time but with no success. Cell E7 contains Time for end of previous activity, e.g. 14:00 Cell F7 contains Time for start of next activity, e.g. 11:00 =IF(OR((ISTEXT(E7)),(ISBLANK(E7))),F7+TIME(7,0,0),(IF(F7<MOD(E7+TIME(12,0,0) ,1),"ERR",F7+TIME(7,0,0)))) This formula seems to work great if the end time (E7) is after 12:00, but if it is before 12:00, then I always get "ERR". What I have been trying to do is to add IF (F7 <12:00, F7=12:00 and proceed with the fromula, otherwise just proceed with it as shown....

One formula calculating from another
What I want to do is to write a formula which will look into the formula of the cell to its left and add an extra column. e.g. one formula returns the value of cell B20 in another report, I want the formula to look at this cell and then add a column i.e. return the value of C20 in the report. The next cell will look at D20 and so on. Is this at all possible? Luke p.s. The initial formula (=B20) will change every week and I don't want to copy and paste the formula due to the size of the report and the large amount of time this will take up. Hi one way: - put the cell reference in...

Calculating sum of two given times.
Is there a way to calculte the sum of two given times? For example, A1 says 08:00 and B1 says 17:00 then C1 will auto calculate "9". Also, if it can be done, because my time is always based on quarter hour, will the end result show a fraction? Example, A1is 07:45, B1 is 17:00, then C1 is 9 1/4. << Is there a way to calculte the sum of two given times? For example A1 says 08:00 and B1 says 17:00 then C1 will auto calculate "9".>> =(B1-A1)*24 and format Cell C1 as *_general_* << Also, if it can be done, because my time is always based on quarte hour...

Length Calculation
I have a column of 20 cells that have IF statements in them. The if statement is such: =(IF('A-V Input'!C5=0,0,IF(('A-V Input'!C4-'A-V Input'!C5)/12>0,('A-V Input'!C4-'A-V Input'!C5)/12,(('A-V Input'!C4-'A-V Input'!C5)/12)*-1)))+(IF('A-V Input'!D5=0,0,IF(('A-V Input'!D4-'A-V Input'!D5)/12>0,('A-V Input'!D4-'A-V Input'!D5)/12,(('A-V Input'!D4-'A-V Input'!D5)/12)*-1))) I use it to calculate distance from points in a X,Y corridinate system from AutoCAD. What I need to know...

How to calculate diffrence between two dates
In Access expressions, how can I calculate the difference between two dates in years, months and days? "Vianny" <Vianny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C90CB32-1C04-4124-8FC7-583D62004906@microsoft.com... > In Access expressions, how can I calculate the difference between two > dates > in years, months and days? Look up the DateDiff function in help. It does precisely what you want. Unless something has changed in Access 2007, DateDiff will return one time interval (years OR months OR days), but not a combination. Here is a link...

excluding cells from calculations by "marking" the cells?
Within a range of cells designated for a calculation, I am tyring t exclude certain cells without having to modify my function (usuall very complicated) or using conditional formatting. Example: - 10 data values, function calculates result - 2 of the data values (never the same two) are unacceptable I want these two values to be excluded from the caculation. What I nee is a way of designating these cells as "Ignore". I don't want to delet the values, nor do I want to cut out the cells. Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Are these '...

Timesheet calculations
I have a worksheet set up as a monthly record of hours worked: Example Date Job No. Hours worked 01/02 2167 4 2000 2.5 2412 1.5 (total C1:C3) 8 This runs throughout the month; each day is calculated and the summary of the hours worked appears at the end, using (9,C4:Cn), e.g 160. On the next page of the same worksheet, I need the total of hours worked during the month for each job, e.g: Job No. Hours 2000 22 2167 14 2412 2 etc ... Total .....160 Is there a way to calculate/add up all the hours worked during the month for each job to enter on Page 2 rather than, ...

Smartlist Go to not working correctly
We are on Great Plains 9.0. When I double click a customer in customer list smartlist, I go to the tree link record window of Analytical accounting. Same for Accounts, Vendors etc. We have been directed to customers, vendors and accounts windows in the previous versions. ...

calculating hours
Hi all, I have a series of times I am trying to add up. For ease of explanation I am trying to add up hours worked to arrive at a total number of hours and then multiply it by the hourly rate to come up with the total amount to be paid. I cannot seem to find the magic formatting/formula to do this. I have been formating the time/hours as [h]:mm and the rate as 1,234.00, what i get returned is not a figure I can use. When I hilight the field with the hours worked lets say it's 8:30, 8:30:00AM is displayed in the edit box. I want the field to contain 8 hours and 30 minutes and not a ...

calculated column in pivot table
Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other columns. I have tried creating formulas but that does not seem to do the trick. The answer is yes. For anything less general, we'll need specifics on what you tried, and what happened. "does not seem to do the trick" does not give us much to go on. Regards, Fred "freeriderxlt" <st.jdaich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:97a60a38-262d-4a91-9474-7c26d8c44be3@a16g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other > columns. I have trie...

Calculating ranges
Hello, I require a formula that brings a result based on 2 different calculations. First I need to calculate a dollar amount for weights between the ranges of 0 to 500 lbs, 501 to 1000 lbs, 1001 to 2000 lbs and so on up the scale. I will have a column for each range. The second part of the calcuation is that the end result can't be less than $18 or more than $200. Here's a table that might help: Weight 500 1000 2000 470 $19.10 750 $35.00 1500 $50.00 220 $18.00 Any help will ...

AA Transactions Available in Smartlist
Currently, only the AA setup and maintenance window information are available in Smartlist integration with AA. We have a partner in Malaysia who would like to have AA transactions integrated in Smartlist. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mic...

Fraction and age calculation
Two questions: 1. I am trying to enter a fraction into a cell but it keeps reducing i to the lowest common denominator. How do I get it to keep the exac fraction I've entered? 2. How do I calculate how old a person is, displayed as a single an whole number, given their date of birth and todays date. My date o birth cell is J6 and the age cell is J7. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi milesryl! Try to keep to one question per thread. Fractions: Use a custom format to avoid the fraction simplifying: eg # ??/12 Will display (eg) 5 6/12 Age: Assuming you w...

time and cost calculations
This is probably easy when you know how... I have an Excel XP cost-analysis spreadsheet with columns that show: task role allocated to task (i.e. job title - which is a 'pick list' using the Data Validation) person allocated to task (a LOOKUP based on the role field) pay rate (a LOOKUP based on the role field) time to perform task (in the format of hh:mm) regularity of task per month (based on 4.33 weeks / month - from 52 weeks / year divided by 12 months) time to perform task / month (calculated from 'time to perform task' x 'regularity of task per month') monthly c...

Calculating current grade percentage
I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't find it in the search If I have values in column B (B3:B18) and enter in values in column C (C3:C18) and want to find the current total percentage in cell C19 how do I set up the formula to only add the cells in column B that have values in Column C? Example A B C Week 1 20 20 Week 2 20 20 Week 3 20 20 We...

Date calculation in a Query
I have this expression in a form and it works perfect DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) But, where should I write it in a query? The query should show all the items that shoul be removed from the list on the calculated date, and update the "removed from the list" the field from there. Thanks Ioia Add the expression as a calculated field in the query Field: Removal: DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) Criteria: = #2009-11-27# Then you can apply criteria against the calculated field. Another option would be...

Make Smartlist Payables trx find unposted batches for reconcile
Smartlist currently does not view unposted payables batches. Many people want to use this object to review unposted batches and to assist in reconciling AP to the G/L or to dump AP transaction history for auditors. he Payables Transaction Smartlist object pulls the distribution accounts from the Vendor master and not the actual posted distribution. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

Calculating values for empty cells.
Hello. I have a very simple problem that I cannot find the answer to. I have data in two columns, some of the data in one of the columns is missing and I want to automatically extrapolate what the data should be based on the trend. How can I get Excel to fill in empty values without overwriting the known values. Below is a sample of my data. 1500 1600 1700 1800 4000 1887 5700 1900 5500 1910 7300 1912 8100 1920 8800 1926 10100 1930 11900 1936 12200 1938 -- Ryan Taylor rtaylor@stgeorgeconsulting.com Not sure what yo...

select statement ,sum with calculation
Hi I have a Invoice table Record 1 Fred 10.00 Jack 25.50 Jill 67.00 Discount 10.00 Record 2 Jill 15.75 Fred 12.74 discount 12.99 etc Is it possible to apply the discount asscoiated with record and then sum all records? I hope I have expllained it well. Appreciated any help Thank You. Based on your description this looks like a denormalized table, like this: Table1 --------- Name1 Amount Name2 Amount Name3 Amount Discount ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Fred ...

Calculate Finace Periods from the given Date
Our fiance periods run 4 week, 4 week, 5 week per quarter. I need to be able to determine which period a given date falls in. I have looked around, but I have not been able to find a solution. I would like to create a function that would return an integer indicating the period. Any help is appreciated. Pat wrote: >Our fiance periods run 4 week, 4 week, 5 week per quarter. I need to be able >to determine which period a given date falls in. I have looked around, but I >have not been able to find a solution. > >I would like to create a function that wou...

SmartList Builder Restriction Values Blank
When creating a restriction on a new SmartList through SL Builder, the list of values are blank. Why would that be? The SmartList I am creating includes the tables RM Open File joined to the RM Distribution Work File which is joined to the Account Index Master. I would liked to restrict the SmartList to include non-voided transactions and only distribution transaction types of REC (I believe that would be a '3'). The client is on 10.0 SP1. Any help would be appreciated. Tree309, I was able to create the SLB, but I did things a bit differently. 1) First, I added the RM Di...

Calculating with dates
Apologies if this should be in the section for new users. What I have are many rows with a 'from date' (ColumnA) and a 'to date' (columnB). Now what I want is at the end of each row, to display how many days of data is covered. For example 1/1/01 (cell A1)to 2/1/01 (cell B1) would be 2 , as it has 2 days worth of data (the 1st and 2nd). Now what I've been doing is something like (B1-A1)+1=Answer (answer in C1) but what happens, is the rows that are blank (e.g A235 and B235) result in 1, as it's doing the sum (0-0)+1. On another worksheet I want a total. All the C c...

creating intervals and calculating averages
Hello, I have a set of data looking like this: distance Deflection 0 1 2 3 5 2 11 7 14 6 19 15 23 8 etc. so basically the distance column is random and i have data points at these random distances. I am trying to average the deflection values over distances of 20 metres or so. to end up with something like distance deflection 0-20 5.67 20...