Business Portal Script Error

I've got Business Portal v1.2 and I have a user trying to add a new page.
When he runs the wizard to create the new page, he gets a script error.  The
error is:  A DLL initialization routine failed.
http://server/BusinessPortal/UI/ClientCommon/Scripts/mbftreeview.htc

He can't finish the wizard.  Do I need to re-install something on the
server?

Thanks,

John

0
gm79ta (76)

Does the user have the correct permissions?

Click on Site settings and see if the user has te correct permissions.
Might be worth adding the page as a user who is a administrator in BP.

James

"AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've got Business Portal v1.2 and I have a user trying to add a new page.
> When he runs the wizard to create the new page, he gets a script error.
The
> error is:  A DLL initialization routine failed.
> http://server/BusinessPortal/UI/ClientCommon/Scripts/mbftreeview.htc
>
> He can't finish the wizard.  Do I need to re-install something on the
> server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

0
hush (25)
6/24/2004 10:05:25 AM
He has administrative privileges.

John

"James" <hush@dontspamme.com> wrote in message
> Does the user have the correct permissions?
>
> Click on Site settings and see if the user has te correct permissions.
> Might be worth adding the page as a user who is a administrator in BP.
>
> James
>

> "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I've got Business Portal v1.2 and I have a user trying to add a new
page.
> > When he runs the wizard to create the new page, he gets a script error.
> The
> > error is:  A DLL initialization routine failed.
> > http://server/BusinessPortal/UI/ClientCommon/Scripts/mbftreeview.htc
> >
> > He can't finish the wizard.  Do I need to re-install something on the
> > server?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John

0
gm79ta (76)
6/24/2004 8:19:58 PM
You will need to check the eventlog on the Business Portal server,  can you
add pages to the Business Portal?  I know this sounds to cheap...but have
you tried restarting the BP Web server?

I am new to business portal myself. I would advise contacting you MBS
Partner to see if they can help?

Regards

> He has administrative privileges.
>
> John
>
> "James" <hush@dontspamme.com> wrote in message
> > Does the user have the correct permissions?
> >
> > Click on Site settings and see if the user has te correct permissions.
> > Might be worth adding the page as a user who is a administrator in BP.
> >
> > James
> >

> > "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I've got Business Portal v1.2 and I have a user trying to add a new
> page.
> > > When he runs the wizard to create the new page, he gets a script
error.
> > The
> > > error is:  A DLL initialization routine failed.
> > > http://server/BusinessPortal/UI/ClientCommon/Scripts/mbftreeview.htc
> > >
> > > He can't finish the wizard.  Do I need to re-install something on the
> > > server?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > John

Also,  Do you have a proxy or isa server ?  If so is the user using IE
connection settings via the proxy/isa server?  If yes, try bypassing the
proxy/isa server and see what happens

Regards

"AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've got Business Portal v1.2 and I have a user trying to add a new page.
> When he runs the wizard to create the new page, he gets a script error.
The
> error is:  A DLL initialization routine failed.
> http://server/BusinessPortal/UI/ClientCommon/Scripts/mbftreeview.htc
>
> He can't finish the wizard.  Do I need to re-install something on the
> server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

What kind of error does this mean?
I haven't been able to get on my Outlook Express email for weeks. This keeps popping up in the "send/recieve" bar. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 5101, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help. The mail account properties indicate that Outlook Express is trying to talk to the machine it is installed on and not the ISP. Do you have any type of antivirus, antispam, or personal firewall software installed that can scan POP/SMTP mail on the fly? If not c...

econnect integration error
Hi, I am using econnect 9 on windows 2000 professional system On integrating data from client machine with integrated security, system throws a message "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." We have workstation based network, not domain users , can i connect from client machine to SQL server on a different machine through econnect without domain based user network?. System allowing me to install econnect from client machine to SQL server on a different machine, but on integration am getting the error Please ...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

convert the java script to VBA
Here is one java script, i need to convert this java script to VBA., I need the below coding to used in VBA ---------- <Script language="JavaScript"> </SCRIPT> <FORM NAME="form1"> <SELECT NAME="select" ONCHANGE="goto(this.form)" SIZE="1"> <OPTION VALUE="">-------Choose a Selection------- I need this event onchange() to be used in vba. Can any one help me out please. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com sureshkasi1985 via OfficeKB.com wrote: > Here is one java script, i need to conver...

Business Cards with my own clip art?
I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. What's stopping you? "business card with clip art" <business card with clip art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1021E6-8340-4C26-ABCF-61944C6945BC@microsoft.com... :I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

Business manager
What is business manager component doing for Outlook? Thanks, Ray Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words business and manager. The newest is the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-...

Error Handler Not Working
Hello, I have a macro that first tries to open a Word document with a particular file name that is built from various pieces of data being processed by the macro. Before attempting this, I have set the error handler: For x = 1 to 5 On Error GoTo myOpenNewDoc Set myDoc = myDocApp.Documents.Open(myDirectory & myFileName & x & ".doc") GoTo Procede myOpenNewDoc: Set myDoc = myDocApp.Documents.Add myDoc.SaveAs (myDirectory & myFileName & x & ".doc" Procede: <...> Next x The idea is to open the document if it already exists,...

Odd Error Message
We just changed our CRM web site's default port of 5555 to port 80. After restarting IIS, we got this error message after loggin in: An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks Refer to registry setting on CRM Server HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM Check ServerUrl and SQLRSServerURL (if you've SRS installed on CRM Server), you might want to remove the 5555. Good luck! "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4115D55E-53A8-479F-86D8-1B1E755DE3E9@microsoft.com... >...

Outlook express error
I am getting a periodic error message when I try to reply to various emails. The error that I am getting says "There is not enough memory" and then "Could not reply to email". When this happens, I also cannot click and drag the message into another folder. I cleaned out my "sent items" folder and my "deleted folder". When I re-boot the system, it solves the problem only temporarily. I cleaned out my "Temp" folder and all cookies as well, since I assumed that this was a problem with explorer. Nothing has worked. I currently have...

View Free/Busy Data
I have an Exchange Org that consists of three admin groups with a total of 1 server per admin group. Currently as it stands, users not able to view free/busy information from one exchange server to another. I am aware that you can accomplish this by creating replicas of your publics folders, however do not know exactly where to enable this. I do not want to replicate actual public folders, but only want users to be able to view free/busy data from users on a different exchange server. Under the system folders in the public folder, there is a folder called Schedule + Free Busy...Do I...

Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities
Title: Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities Welcome to Biz-Club the UK's first truly independent internet based networking group established in 2006 for SME's, that allows you the member to choose how it can best work for you. Operate locally, regionally or nationally with all the advantages of a business networking group but almost none of the disadvantages. Enjoy membership of Biz-Club alongside your existing affiliations plus a host of other valuable benefits all at a cost far lower than that normally provided by traditional business networking groups. Be treat...

run-time error 3075
I have the following message when clicking on a command button designed to print a report based on the current record in a tabbed form. Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression '(MachNumber=2G-CH01)'. The following code is on the "click" event of the button: Private Sub MachTag_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "M-Equipment Tag", acPreview, , "MachNumber = " & Me!MachNumber End Sub The 1st tab of the form is pulling the MachNumber data directly from the table. The 2nd tab form (is a subform) and is pulling the data from a second table. I do...

Outlook 2000 in Office 2000 Small Business
I have done several clean installs w/several different versions of Outlook from discs and I cannot get Outlook to open w/out crashing upon loading. All other components of Office work great. I began having problems w/Outlook when I began using Outlook Express.... Maybe they are related. Please help. ...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred.
There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. Any more info... Good Newsgroup Posts: http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm How to ask a newsgroup question: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "frustratedandfedup" <frustratedandfedup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:654ED4DD-E9AA-4C87-9D91-F9162981E978@microsoft.com... > There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. Hello F & F, To have no errors Would be ...

Schedule free/busy
Hi there, I have one problem, All users can see others calendar. Example, when user a send a meeting invitation to user b, at the same time is sending a exchangelegacydn atribute so user b receives all calendar information about user a. I need to know how to do to every user only see availability calendar but information about the meeting. Thank you a lot for your help, I made a lot of tests but nothing worked -- Mark ...

Error 3265
Do you have any idea why this error comes. I get it all the time. Everything seems to work (so far) fine, but I get that error message in all worksheets. <<HQMessageProcessor>> Error 3265: Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. (Unhandled Error) Thanks. Most common reason is that you have different versions (hotfixes) of HQ Server and HQ Client. Anytime you apply a hotfix at HQ, it must be applied to all store locations. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com --------------------...

Installing Business Portal, done, but issues
I've just installed BP 2.0...install went clean. However now when I try to access the site for the first time, I get an Invalid User error (Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid user.) I did change the bp accont to use as per the installation instructions to the "Network Service" account. Do I need to setup or add the actual users somewhere else first? I did not install the sample users. I was able to sort of login with the local server account, which is what I used to install the product. But most of the web parts show errors like the above. Chris, Wh...

Compiler error C2664
I am getting whole lot of Compiler Errors when i try to compile c and h files compiled under cygwin. I have to ( i must) port this c files and header files to vc++ 6.0 in order to develop my program. These are libIAX2.0 libraries. i believe its a problem with the compiler. I can t figure out what setting(s) i need to change in order for these errors to disapper. :) -------------------------- g:\work\cameleon\winpoop.h(21) : warning C4101: 'res' : unreferenced local variable g:\work\cameleon\iax.cpp(416) : error C2664: 'sendto' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const voi...

Coverting MSM 2003 to MSMoney 04 error
Recently replaced hard drive so I decided to upgrade from MSMoney 2003 to MSMoney 2004. When I open the 2003 data the program started the conversion but did not complete because it developed an error and stopped the conversion. The error message was sent to Microsoft and was as follows. AppName:msmoney.exe AppVer:12.0.0.613 ModName:mspfctl0.dll ModVer:12.0.0.613 Offset:0002fsa5. Does anyone have any idea what to do to fix this problem? Your help is appreciated Try reinstalling 2003 again, running a repair and then trying the upgrade again... There's also a KB article on this...

Outlook Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
I recently upgraded from "Win98SE" to "WinXP". I now get an error message when loading "Outlook" with a heading of "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error" The error message says "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." Can someone please explain what I can do to repair this? I have uninstalled "Office" and reinstalled it and the same problem exists. Thanks! ...

Maddening reference error
Using Excel 2003 on an XP pro machine I created a 5 sheet workbook. On (named) sheets 2-5 column A has a date, columns B and C has a number, column D is equal to C-B for each row. Row 1 of all four sheets is a text label. On sheet one I created a summary with five rows (row one is text labels only) Column A has a text label, B is: =SUMIF(~sheet~!C:C,">0",~sheet~!B:B) column C is =SUM(~sheet~!C:C) column D is =SUM(~sheet~!D:D) column E is (one example) =1-B3/ABS(C3) column F =AVERAGE(IF(~sheet~!B:B<>0, ~sheet~!B:B,"")) 3 of the four rows in column F...

CRM-Portal collaboration sites
Hi EveryOne, Heres what I am doing is that on the preCreate event - included of UpdateListItems for CreateFolder in Portal but but it seems that I got a throwed exception from Portal site: "Invocation Time Out" then Http requested failed status 401 " Unauthorized" msg Can anyone help me in trying to get rid of this error? Thanks in advance Can anyone help me in trying to get rid of this error? Thanks in advance it is due to authorization user access, are you using administrator group privileges. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.b...

scripting tables
Hi, is it possible to script Access-Tables into a textfile or something so that i get the full "CREATE TABLE" - Statement? br from Austria Peter ...

MicroSoft Error Reporting