Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)

We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table
(BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't
find TRX Date in BP but have it GP.  Is there any control when installing the
BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can
be used in constructing queries in BP?  How do we get access to additional
fields in BP?

0
kimmer (37)

Kimmer,

Thanks for using the newsgroups.  The Ledger Transaction Summary History
entity maps to the Account Summary History table.  The Account Transaction
History table is not exposed through BP, but you could create an entity to
expose this data using the BPSDK.  Support can help if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Bernhardt
Software Quality Assurance

"Kimmer" wrote:

> We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table
> (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't
> find TRX Date in BP but have it GP.  Is there any control when installing the
> BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can
> be used in constructing queries in BP?  How do we get access to additional
> fields in BP?

I have a question regarding Business Portal on Share Point Server 2007 and
support for forms based authentication. The current bus portal cannot be used
for extranets since it requires a dialog box for authentication and this is
not acceptable or common usage when signing on to a web site. I saw that SPS
2007 supports forms based auth but wondering if business portal can take
advantage of that?

Thanks!
Neil

"Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]" wrote:

> Kimmer,
>
> Thanks for using the newsgroups.  The Ledger Transaction Summary History
> entity maps to the Account Summary History table.  The Account Transaction
> History table is not exposed through BP, but you could create an entity to
> expose this data using the BPSDK.  Support can help if you have any questions.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>
> --
> Rob Bernhardt
> Software Quality Assurance
> Microsoft Business Solutions

> "Kimmer" wrote:
>
> > We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table
> > (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't
> > find TRX Date in BP but have it GP.  Is there any control when installing the
> > BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can
> > be used in constructing queries in BP?  How do we get access to additional
> > fields in BP?

0
neil7418 (200)

Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials Certification Exam
Hello All, I am in the process of taking my Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials Certification Exam. Does anyone out there know of any resources I can use that would allow me to be better prepared for the exam? Books, web sites, courses, etc. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Vin: There are all kinds of resources available on the Dynamics Customer Source or Partner Source sites. Look under "Training and Certification". Good luck, Frank Hamelly NOVA Solutions LLC Vin wrote: > Hello All, > > I am in the process of taking my Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials ...

Post AD Migration issues in Great Plains
My client has approximately 30 GP seats. While running Windows XP clients in an NT4 domain environment, no problems with the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP folder were found. We recently used the Microsoft ADMT 3.0 to migrate all users and PC's to a new AD environment running Server 2003. Though users are still able to run GP successfully, some errors have been encountered related to their inability to write to the above mentioned folder. Adding the user to local administrator group resolves the problem, but I am interested in determining what changed during the migrations. Do...

Business Cards with my own clip art?
I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. What's stopping you? "business card with clip art" <business card with clip art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1021E6-8340-4C26-ABCF-61944C6945BC@microsoft.com... :I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

Business manager
What is business manager component doing for Outlook? Thanks, Ray Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words business and manager. The newest is the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-...

View Free/Busy Data
I have an Exchange Org that consists of three admin groups with a total of 1 server per admin group. Currently as it stands, users not able to view free/busy information from one exchange server to another. I am aware that you can accomplish this by creating replicas of your publics folders, however do not know exactly where to enable this. I do not want to replicate actual public folders, but only want users to be able to view free/busy data from users on a different exchange server. Under the system folders in the public folder, there is a folder called Schedule + Free Busy...Do I...

Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities
Title: Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities Welcome to Biz-Club the UK's first truly independent internet based networking group established in 2006 for SME's, that allows you the member to choose how it can best work for you. Operate locally, regionally or nationally with all the advantages of a business networking group but almost none of the disadvantages. Enjoy membership of Biz-Club alongside your existing affiliations plus a host of other valuable benefits all at a cost far lower than that normally provided by traditional business networking groups. Be treat...

GP 7.5 setup problem
When I run the CDSetup.exe (on win2k) I get this error. SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD. Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. The caption in the message box reads: "16 bit Windows Subsystem" Any ideas? dmy Seems strange for you to get this message: Try the following KB URL to see if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254914 Regards J "dm_dal" <REMOVE_THIS.dmy75252@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23cDL3F3YEHA.712@TK2MSFTN...

Outlook 2000 in Office 2000 Small Business
I have done several clean installs w/several different versions of Outlook from discs and I cannot get Outlook to open w/out crashing upon loading. All other components of Office work great. I began having problems w/Outlook when I began using Outlook Express.... Maybe they are related. Please help. ...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Schedule free/busy
Hi there, I have one problem, All users can see others calendar. Example, when user a send a meeting invitation to user b, at the same time is sending a exchangelegacydn atribute so user b receives all calendar information about user a. I need to know how to do to every user only see availability calendar but information about the meeting. Thank you a lot for your help, I made a lot of tests but nothing worked -- Mark ...

New requirement for BP 2.5 increases cost by thousands of $$$
Anyone else noticed this fine print annoucement about BP 2.5. Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 is REQUIRED!! I may be over-reacting, but It costs $30,000 to allow customers and vendors to use Sharepoint Portal Server. This means that the customer/vendor BP licenses we own are worthless, unless we pay Microsoft $30,000 for an External Connector license and $3,999 for a Server license. Anyone else think this must be WRONG? https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documenta tion/InstallationAndSetupGuides/BPChangesToSystemReqs Changes to the Business Portal 2.5 System Req...

Installing Business Portal, done, but issues
I've just installed BP 2.0...install went clean. However now when I try to access the site for the first time, I get an Invalid User error (Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid user.) I did change the bp accont to use as per the installation instructions to the "Network Service" account. Do I need to setup or add the actual users somewhere else first? I did not install the sample users. I was able to sort of login with the local server account, which is what I used to install the product. But most of the web parts show errors like the above. Chris, Wh...

CRM-Portal collaboration sites
Hi EveryOne, Heres what I am doing is that on the preCreate event - included of UpdateListItems for CreateFolder in Portal but but it seems that I got a throwed exception from Portal site: "Invocation Time Out" then Http requested failed status 401 " Unauthorized" msg Can anyone help me in trying to get rid of this error? Thanks in advance Can anyone help me in trying to get rid of this error? Thanks in advance it is due to authorization user access, are you using administrator group privileges. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.b...

great plains 8.0
Sometimes we receive payments prior to an invoice being paid. So later on, we have apply the payment to the invoice (Transactions > Sales > Apply Sales Documents). I have used every version of GP 4 through 8 and have found it very irritating that the "Apply Sales Documents" window disappears once you apply 1 sales document. It would be useful if this window would just stay put! thanks, freddy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&qu...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

GP on Citrix
Hello: Are there any issues of GP running on Citrix? Is there anything that we need to know about switching to Citrix, as far as GP is concerned? Thanks! childofthe1980s I have many clients running GP over Citrix. It has been a long time and more than a few versions ago that I encountered issues. "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Are there any issues of GP running on Citrix? > > Is there anything that we need to know about switching to Citrix, as far as > GP is concerned? > > Thanks! > > childofthe1980s They recommend two servers on...

Home Business
http://homebusiness.uk.tt/ -- Whatever the Mind can Conceive & Believe the Mind will Achieve Start your own home Business : http://homebusiness.uk.tt/ ...

Business Portal for GP 9.0 and WSS/MOSS 2007?
Hi, I think I know the answer to this but need something official. If we are running Dynamics GP 9.0 and therefore BusinessPortal 3.0 (is that right?) we have to be running WSS 2.0 or SPS 2003. Correct? Can GP 9.0/BP 3.0 run under WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007? Will it run? Is it a supported configuration? Alan Alan, Thanks for using the newsgroups. You are correct. GP 9.0/BP 3.0 is only compatible with WSS 2.0 and SPS 2003. GP 10.0/BP 4.0 is compatible with MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0. In terms of SharePoint, these are our only supported configurations. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Softwa...

Deposits in Money Small Business.
Currently I select payment received for all invoices I bill which creates a deposit entry in my register. The problem is when I download my banks transaction only one entry is specified for the Deposit entry from the bank. How do I combine multiple deposits to match the banks download deposit entry? How do I tell money which deposit transactions to add to match the deposit? I have tried to use "Change" during the matching but that doesn't give me any help and doesn't list the deposit entries? I'm currently using delete to get rid of the deposit entry but the transact...

how do I get rid of microsift office small business 2007?
how do I get rid of microsift office small business 2007? Throw it in the garbage or the incinator. Describe exactly what ,how and why in detail -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "waltond" <waltond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CB283A4-35B1-4C1C-8155-2A7B47E82937@microsoft.com... > how do I get rid of microsift office small business 2007? Uninstall it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher]...

How do I set the form # for business cards in publisher 2000
I have created a business card in Publisher 2000. when I go to print it the only option I get is to select is 2"x 3 1/2" business card. That is the correct size but it does not print properly on Avery 8873 template. I cannot find where it will let me select Avery 8873 template. All business cards are created equal in Publisher 2000 if you are creating 10 per sheet. Page setup, Special Size, Business Cards. When you are ready to print, File, Print, Page Options, Click custom options, Side Margin .75 Top Margin .5 Zero Gaps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ChuckP...

How do I change my business name in Money 2007?
I installed Money 2007 and initially put in a business name that I'm trying to change now. I click on Business, and I go to Account settings and I change the name there. This changes it everywhere except for on the invoices that I print. The template's placeholder for <<company name>> is still putting what I had originally put in there. Where do I change this!? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! How about in the Invoice Designer that gets installed along with M2007? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http...

Old Free/Busy No Information
Exchange 2003 SP2 Native Not sure why users seem that this is so important. But they've noticed just recently the can't view Old Free/Busy. Previous to June 1. If I rebuild Free/Busy with the Outlook startup switch, I suspect Old Free/Busy would not be available either. I'll test in the Lab. If I open a meeting dated May 31, with about 10 attendees, 8 will have No information available. Anyone ever see Old Free/Busy as not being available? Like only 1 week old? and from many different Outlook clients. same here.. stops at June 1 "Del" <del@nospam.hell>...

business portal tables
Howdy there kind folks. I need to track down the tables in the Dynamics database that hold all the purchase order information. Particularly the bits that deal with transferring a purchase request to a purchase order. i started looking but theres just too many. I know all the requisition ones start with reqmgmt. Sadly the purchase order ones dont seem to follow this idea. many thanks. they are not in the Dynamics database, the purchase order tables are contained in the company database (like TWO) and they begin with POP the POP10xxx series are the work tables you should be looking at. ...

Money plus Home & Business
I use Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business and now i'm trying the Money plus H&B version So I open my Money 2007 file in Money Plus and it convert the file. I notice also that I Money plus we don't have the advance budget features anymore ! So now when I go to the Portfolio page i get an empty page and also nothing in the left pane of the screen ! This is the trial version I use while I wait to get the full version mailed to me. i'm not very happy that the Portfolio page don't work ! I have Windows Vista (32 bits). I also create a new file and I still have the...