Business Portal and External Database

Hi,

one of my clients want to create Queries by pulling in information from
external database. ( the database of another application which is in the same
instance of the SQL server). is that possible ?

They also want to create KPIs on top of these Queries.

I checked the functionality of the BP and noticed that Queris use "entities"
to pull in the data.

any ideas ?

Thanks

Syed

0
Syed (31)

It's been quite awhile since I did anything in SmartList Builder, but
I'm pretty sure you can pull data from external sources into a
SmartList using SLB.

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP
NOVA Solutions, LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)
9/27/2007 12:38:27 PM
Hi Frank,
Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, we can create new SmarLists by using SmartList Builder by reading
information from other databases.

but is it possible to do the same in Business Portal ?

Could you please give me some guideline about how to access these smarlists
in BP ?

Thanks

Syed

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:

> It's been quite awhile since I did anything in SmartList Builder, but
> I'm pretty sure you can pull data from external sources into a
> SmartList using SLB.
>
> Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP
> NOVA Solutions, LLC
> Melbourne, FL

0
Syed (31)
9/27/2007 5:03:02 PM
Hi Syed,

Thanks for using the newsgroups.  The queries are tied to entities, which
are tied to specific Dynamics GP SQL tables.  Without the entity, you won't
be able to use the queries to get the data.  You can create new entities.
The support team could help you with that.

Thanks
Rob

--
Rob Bernhardt
Software Quality Assurance

"Syed" wrote:

> Hi Frank,
> Thanks very much for your reply.
>
> Yes, we can create new SmarLists by using SmartList Builder by reading
> information from other databases.
>
> but is it possible to do the same in Business Portal ?
>
> Could you please give me some guideline about how to access these smarlists
> in BP ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Syed
>

> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:
>
> > It's been quite awhile since I did anything in SmartList Builder, but
> > I'm pretty sure you can pull data from external sources into a
> > SmartList using SLB.
> >
> > Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP
> > NOVA Solutions, LLC
> > Melbourne, FL

Business Cards with my own clip art?
I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. What's stopping you? "business card with clip art" <business card with clip art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1021E6-8340-4C26-ABCF-61944C6945BC@microsoft.com... :I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

external (not remote) data ranges using defined names
I have created a Source file containing information that I want to access from multiple Destination files. From time to time I will need to add rows or columns to the Source file and have this reflected in the Destination workbooks. I am using Validation lists and Defined names to do this and it works OK. As long as the two workbooks are open any changes to the Source file are reflected in the Destination file. But if the Destination is closed while the Source file is being changed, when the Destination is open the reference in the Defined Name has not changed even if the program ask...

Business manager
What is business manager component doing for Outlook? Thanks, Ray Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words business and manager. The newest is the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-...

Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities
Title: Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities Welcome to Biz-Club the UK's first truly independent internet based networking group established in 2006 for SME's, that allows you the member to choose how it can best work for you. Operate locally, regionally or nationally with all the advantages of a business networking group but almost none of the disadvantages. Enjoy membership of Biz-Club alongside your existing affiliations plus a host of other valuable benefits all at a cost far lower than that normally provided by traditional business networking groups. Be treat...

View Free/Busy Data
I have an Exchange Org that consists of three admin groups with a total of 1 server per admin group. Currently as it stands, users not able to view free/busy information from one exchange server to another. I am aware that you can accomplish this by creating replicas of your publics folders, however do not know exactly where to enable this. I do not want to replicate actual public folders, but only want users to be able to view free/busy data from users on a different exchange server. Under the system folders in the public folder, there is a folder called Schedule + Free Busy...Do I...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Outlook 2000 in Office 2000 Small Business
I have done several clean installs w/several different versions of Outlook from discs and I cannot get Outlook to open w/out crashing upon loading. All other components of Office work great. I began having problems w/Outlook when I began using Outlook Express.... Maybe they are related. Please help. ...

Schedule free/busy
Hi there, I have one problem, All users can see others calendar. Example, when user a send a meeting invitation to user b, at the same time is sending a exchangelegacydn atribute so user b receives all calendar information about user a. I need to know how to do to every user only see availability calendar but information about the meeting. Thank you a lot for your help, I made a lot of tests but nothing worked -- Mark ...

Installing Business Portal, done, but issues
I've just installed BP 2.0...install went clean. However now when I try to access the site for the first time, I get an Invalid User error (Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid user.) I did change the bp accont to use as per the installation instructions to the "Network Service" account. Do I need to setup or add the actual users somewhere else first? I did not install the sample users. I was able to sort of login with the local server account, which is what I used to install the product. But most of the web parts show errors like the above. Chris, Wh...

CRM-Portal collaboration sites
Hi EveryOne, Heres what I am doing is that on the preCreate event - included of UpdateListItems for CreateFolder in Portal but but it seems that I got a throwed exception from Portal site: "Invocation Time Out" then Http requested failed status 401 " Unauthorized" msg Can anyone help me in trying to get rid of this error? Thanks in advance Can anyone help me in trying to get rid of this error? Thanks in advance it is due to authorization user access, are you using administrator group privileges. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.b...

recover files from recycler on external hard drive
Hi, I have an external hard drive that I need to recover nearly 2 gigs of files stored in the recycler folder. None of them show up when opening the folder, but I can see the names of the files as I copy the folder to another drive. My son accidentally deleted the files and as he no longer has the computer he deleted them on, I can't get into them. I tried taking ownership of the folder as an administrator and the contents to no avail. I'm using XP Pro sp3 as was my son's old computer. The drive is NTFS formatted. Help please! "JulesH" <JulesH@dis...

Database not mounting in the Recovery Storage Group
Hi We have a Exchange 2003 server on a windows 2003 Server (standard edition) and use Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 . Recently a user wanted her mailbox restored.I created a RSG and added the database . I did a restore from Veritas Backup Exec agent and everything went fine. My problem is when I try to mount the database in the Recovery Storage Group I get an error : "Error c1041724 is "An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both" . I have restarted both ESM and Informatio...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

Business Portal for GP 9.0 and WSS/MOSS 2007?
Hi, I think I know the answer to this but need something official. If we are running Dynamics GP 9.0 and therefore BusinessPortal 3.0 (is that right?) we have to be running WSS 2.0 or SPS 2003. Correct? Can GP 9.0/BP 3.0 run under WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007? Will it run? Is it a supported configuration? Alan Alan, Thanks for using the newsgroups. You are correct. GP 9.0/BP 3.0 is only compatible with WSS 2.0 and SPS 2003. GP 10.0/BP 4.0 is compatible with MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0. In terms of SharePoint, these are our only supported configurations. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Softwa...

Home Business
http://homebusiness.uk.tt/ -- Whatever the Mind can Conceive & Believe the Mind will Achieve Start your own home Business : http://homebusiness.uk.tt/ ...

Deposits in Money Small Business.
Currently I select payment received for all invoices I bill which creates a deposit entry in my register. The problem is when I download my banks transaction only one entry is specified for the Deposit entry from the bank. How do I combine multiple deposits to match the banks download deposit entry? How do I tell money which deposit transactions to add to match the deposit? I have tried to use "Change" during the matching but that doesn't give me any help and doesn't list the deposit entries? I'm currently using delete to get rid of the deposit entry but the transact...

how do I get rid of microsift office small business 2007?
how do I get rid of microsift office small business 2007? Throw it in the garbage or the incinator. Describe exactly what ,how and why in detail -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "waltond" <waltond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CB283A4-35B1-4C1C-8155-2A7B47E82937@microsoft.com... > how do I get rid of microsift office small business 2007? Uninstall it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher]...

Excel and Access Database Query
Hi I'm starting with a Spreadsheet that is being used to represent the financial and audit information for individual projects. 1 spreadsheet document = 1 project. I have a worksheet that is linked to an Access Database. I need the information from this Spreadsheet Document to be filtered into a Formatted Worksheet within another Spreadsheet Document. Currently I have the Worksheets (linked and formatted) in the same document and I am using a VLOOKUP format to transfer the information. However my problem occurs - because I need to 'save as' so that each individual project...

How do I set the form # for business cards in publisher 2000
I have created a business card in Publisher 2000. when I go to print it the only option I get is to select is 2"x 3 1/2" business card. That is the correct size but it does not print properly on Avery 8873 template. I cannot find where it will let me select Avery 8873 template. All business cards are created equal in Publisher 2000 if you are creating 10 per sheet. Page setup, Special Size, Business Cards. When you are ready to print, File, Print, Page Options, Click custom options, Side Margin .75 Top Margin .5 Zero Gaps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ChuckP...

How do i forward mail to external mailbox?
Hello, How do I forward mail internally to for a user, to an external email account. From the local address book to a hotmail account for example. I am running Exchange 2003. TIA, Gary Read the 12th postings before this one. "Forwarding Email" Thanks, Chad "Gary Hornbeck" wrote: > Hello, > How do I forward mail internally to for a user, to an external email > account. From the local address book to a hotmail account for example. I > am running Exchange 2003. > TIA, > Gary > > > ...

Import Rms Database to POS 2009
Hi all, I got a hold of a 30 day trial POS 2009, so I wanted to import a RMS database backup file to POS 2009 so I could "check it out" before I decided to switch to POS 2009. How do I do it?? I tried Tools>Database>Restore option and also create option, but during the restore option is comes back with an error and shut down the restoredatabase.exe Any ideas what I am doing wrong??? thanks Arve We have an RR Import Utility that is working with POS2009 and RMS. We are giving this for a short time free of charge as part of our beta launch. Contact me if interested to...

combine two records into one record in an Excel database
I have a mailing list in Excel, where each person is a seperate record. I have a code for each seperate household (MAIL_ID). I would like to produce a new file/worksheet which just has each household record, for mailing. For example, I have: Last First MailId Street1 Street2 City Zip Smith John 1 123 Main St Anytown 00000 Smith Mary 1 123 Main St Anytown 00000 Since I have the same mail code for both, I only want one new row so I only sen...

business portal tables
Howdy there kind folks. I need to track down the tables in the Dynamics database that hold all the purchase order information. Particularly the bits that deal with transferring a purchase request to a purchase order. i started looking but theres just too many. I know all the requisition ones start with reqmgmt. Sadly the purchase order ones dont seem to follow this idea. many thanks. they are not in the Dynamics database, the purchase order tables are contained in the company database (like TWO) and they begin with POP the POP10xxx series are the work tables you should be looking at. ...

How do I change my business name in Money 2007?
I installed Money 2007 and initially put in a business name that I'm trying to change now. I click on Business, and I go to Account settings and I change the name there. This changes it everywhere except for on the invoices that I print. The template's placeholder for <<company name>> is still putting what I had originally put in there. Where do I change this!? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! How about in the Invoice Designer that gets installed along with M2007? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http...

Money plus Home & Business
I use Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business and now i'm trying the Money plus H&B version So I open my Money 2007 file in Money Plus and it convert the file. I notice also that I Money plus we don't have the advance budget features anymore ! So now when I go to the Portfolio page i get an empty page and also nothing in the left pane of the screen ! This is the trial version I use while I wait to get the full version mailed to me. i'm not very happy that the Portfolio page don't work ! I have Windows Vista (32 bits). I also create a new file and I still have the...