Business Alerts (trim fields, email excel report)

I have two suggestions for Business alerts:
1) Add the ability to trim fields (I had to do achieve this by accessing the
related sql tables directly)
2) Add the option to email an excel or csv file, rather than a text file.
The default text file that comes out doesn't open directly into excel with
each field in a separate column.

Victor...
0
Victor (177)

Hi Victor,

Have you found out if the file attachment can be changed to excel or csv,
maybe in 10.0?

"Victor" wrote:

> I have two suggestions for Business alerts:
> 1) Add the ability to trim fields (I had to do achieve this by accessing the
> related sql tables directly)
> 2) Add the option to email an excel or csv file, rather than a text file.
> The default text file that comes out doesn't open directly into excel with
> each field in a separate column.
>
> Victor...

Business manager
What is business manager component doing for Outlook? Thanks, Ray Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words business and manager. The newest is the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-...

How can I use find and replace to delete a word in Excel?
I'm looking to simply delete certain words that are in cells, without having to delete rows, columns or the entire cell. I can use 'find and replace' and replace the particular word with a space, but I really want to delete the word. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using both Excel 2003 and 2000. I think if you just leave the replace box blank, it'll wipe it clean. "callpaultwt" wrote: > I'm looking to simply delete certain words that are in cells, without having > to delete rows, columns or the entire cell. I can use 'find and replace' ...

Annual income by employer report?
I'd like to see how much I've earned from a particular employer over a period of time. I select Transaction by Payee report. For Payee, I choose the employer, select "Wages and Salary" category and choose my Bank as the account, since I do a "paycheck" transaction on that account. The report is always zero. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brett 1) Reset the report before trying to customize it. There may be something like a text entry to search or a date range on another tab you aren't seeing. 2) Specify the minimum necessary to get the data you want. 3) M...

Excel 2002 vs. Excel 2000
I (with your help!) developed an Excel Worksheet using PivotTables PivotChart, and VBA using Excel 2002 (10.2614.2625). I tried to run i under Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1), and the Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts and VBA worked, but the following formula did not work: �=IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA("Start Dat 2",PV1Started!R3C1,"Priority","E","Start Date 2",12,"Years",2003)),0 GETPIVOTDATA("Start Date 2",PV1Started!R3C1,"Priority","E","Start Dat 2",12,"Years",2003))� Do you know why this formula does no...

From... field
Whenever I open a new email in Outlook, the from field is included in the fields on top of To.. Cc.. etc. This is annoying, how do I get rid of it In news:1159387199.820659.32260@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, perplexed <info@notspeeding.com> typed: > Whenever I open a new email in Outlook, the from field is included in > the fields on top of > > To.. > Cc.. > > etc. > > This is annoying, how do I get rid of it In the new mail msg, try going to View | from field (select it again to toggle it off). ...

Bizarre Excel "Read Only" error
Help have a weird Excel / networking issue that I need a hand with. The Network: 1 x G5 iMac 10.3.8, running Office 2004 with latest patches sharing the contents of its "documents" folder. Connected via AirPort to an Airport Extreme base station. 1 x G4 iMac 10.2.8 and Office 2004 with latest patches connected via Ethernet to the Airport Extreme base station. 2 x G4 iBooks (both 10.3.8 and Office 2004 with latest patches) connected via AirPort to the AirPort Extreme base station. The G4 iMac and the iBooks connect to the G5 as the owner so permissions should not be an issue. ...

Parameter Query in Report Header
I have a Report which is based on a query with a date parameter. This parameter is user defined. I need to display the dates chosen in the Report Header eg "Report from XXXXX to XXXXXX" On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:56:01 -0700, Sarah G wrote: > I have a Report which is based on a query with a date parameter. This > parameter is user defined. I need to display the dates chosen in the Report > Header eg "Report from XXXXX to XXXXXX" Add an unbound text control to the Report Header. Set it's control source to: ="Report from " & [Enter Start Date] &a...

Delete stuck email in Outbox
I have a file in my outbox --- I think it is probably too large to process. Seems I made a mistake. Now, the problem is I can not delete it. It says that outlook is trying to send it, but I left the computer on all night and it is still sitting there. For info - the size is 92MB. I just want to delete it and send it with just one attachment and not the two that I thought I couild send. Delete/open/etc does not work because outlook tells me "Outlook has already begun transmitting this message" Help please TIA Hal "Hal" <janhaltn@newsguy.com> wrote in mess...

EMail Merge???
Does the Email merge functionality send out a single email for each record or one email with a bunch of BCCs? Thanks, Jake Horn wrote: > Does the Email merge functionality send out a single email for each > record or one email with a bunch of BCCs? .... single mails will be created. Regards, Thomas ...

What is the limit size for columns in Excel???
Hi, I am trying to paste some information on a sheet, but I see that columns have a limit size....Is there any "plug in" or some kind of feature to increase the column number??? No. On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:49:02 -0800, "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I am trying to paste some information on a sheet, but I see that columns >have a limit size....Is there any "plug in" or some kind of feature to >increase the column number??? Melissa, A sheet is limited to 256 columns. As far as I know there is no way to get around ...

Business Cards with my own clip art?
I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. What's stopping you? "business card with clip art" <business card with clip art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1021E6-8340-4C26-ABCF-61944C6945BC@microsoft.com... :I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

Can't Send Email #8
Following an upgrade to Outlook Express 6 I can no longer send emails, there is no problem receiving mail but the sent emails just sit in the outbox and the following message appears in the send/receive window. Any suggestions? "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Your enquiry, reference number RM0124-9733', Account: 'pop.freeserve.net (1)', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B" Happy New Year when we get there. Try posting in the Outlook Express newsgroup - this group is for support...

Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities
Title: Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities Welcome to Biz-Club the UK's first truly independent internet based networking group established in 2006 for SME's, that allows you the member to choose how it can best work for you. Operate locally, regionally or nationally with all the advantages of a business networking group but almost none of the disadvantages. Enjoy membership of Biz-Club alongside your existing affiliations plus a host of other valuable benefits all at a cost far lower than that normally provided by traditional business networking groups. Be treat...

Backgrounds in EXCEL
I have a worksheet with a "CONFIDENTIAL" watermark that appears diagonally when printed and can be viewed in Print Preview. I know there are several standard words that can be inserted in this manner. How can I remove it? many thanks JR From the menu toolbar, try Format...Sheet....Delete Background >-----Original Message----- >I have a worksheet with a "CONFIDENTIAL" watermark that >appears diagonally when printed and can be viewed in >Print Preview. I know there are several standard words >that can be inserted in this manner. How can I remove it...

View Free/Busy Data
I have an Exchange Org that consists of three admin groups with a total of 1 server per admin group. Currently as it stands, users not able to view free/busy information from one exchange server to another. I am aware that you can accomplish this by creating replicas of your publics folders, however do not know exactly where to enable this. I do not want to replicate actual public folders, but only want users to be able to view free/busy data from users on a different exchange server. Under the system folders in the public folder, there is a folder called Schedule + Free Busy...Do I...

excel with forms
I have a palm and i want visit customers to register the sells in my palm How I can register and control payment and sells in excel ? My itens are 30 in total. thanks for suggestions and examples .xls Vivian ...

How can I email directly from a discussion board?
When I try to email from my discussion board I get a message about a command and switch...???? When I used Outlook Express I could do this automatically...how can I set up Microsoft Office to do that also? Thank you!!!! Is Outlook set as your default Internet email program here: Control Panel > Internet applet > Programs tab? What's the full text of the message? Sounds like the wrong command line is being used to start Outlook "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6913678-D56D-4175-A55E-B3DE751D84DF@microsoft.com... > Wh...

How to split a field into 2 fields?
I imported a spreadsheet from Excel and would like to split one field into two fields. Many of the records in Field1 have a note in parenthesis ( ). If a record has anything contained in parenthesis, I would like to move that data to Field2. What's the best way to accomplish this? To get the word inside the parenthesis try something like SecondWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Mid([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],"(")+1,Len([MyLeeter])-InStr([MyLeeter],"(")-1),"") FirstWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Left([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],&q...

Email address format
Email addresses in our Exchange system are currently in the format of: FirstNameLastName@mydomain. We now want to separate the first and last name with a full stop. Is there somewhere I can change the format to: FirstName.LastName@mydomain and make this the default for any new users that are created? Many thanks Homer On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:49:06 -0800, "Homer" <Homer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Email addresses in our Exchange system are currently in the format of: >FirstNameLastName@mydomain. > >We now want to separate the first and last name with a...

cant send email
I cant send emails from my 2 accounts, the error is 0x800CCC0D. These error messages may occur if Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server. These error messages are frequently caused by one of the following: a.. You are not connected to the Internet or a network, or your mail server is temporarily unavailable. b.. Your account settings are incorrect. c.. Your user profile in Outlook is damaged. d.. An e-mail item on your POP3 server is damaged. e.. The configuration of your AV software is incorrect. f.. Outlook ...

Excel Window Menu
Hi all, I am using Excel 2000 and I am working with over 20 excel files at the same time. The window menu shows only the first 9 files and I want to know if it is possible to see all open workbooks in the window menu without clicking the "More Windows" button? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Oguz Hi Oguz. If you are using Windows XP as your operating system, you could right click on your XP toolbar and select properties, then check the 'Group similar taskbar buttons'. I just opened 24 files and it showed them all when clicking on the minimised toolbar button. R...

I cannot send out going emails
I set up a new (2nd) email account. I am unable to send outgoing emails and I get the following error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'TTT', Server: 'mail.lexyl.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I use a laptop and a wireless PC card at home and a dial up connection at the office when using. Help. Thanks. ...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel Files
I recently opend a 330kb file and made some changes and the file turned into a 9mb file. I did the following operations: 1. deleted 31 sheets and replaced them with 31 new ones 2. created some macros 3. deleted macros (the macro dialog box lists no macros). 4. saved the file. Any thing that could have caused this file to blow up like this? I'm running Excel97 on a ME machine ...

Do Not Allow Email Radio Button 07-16-04
I have set the "Do Not Allow Email" flag for a group of contacts, but when I perform a direct email, the contacts are sent the email and history records are added. My understanding was that those contacts with the flag set would be skipped when you do a direct email to a group. If I double click on a contact record with the flag set and open it, the system will give me the warning message and prevent the email from being sent. Do I have to create a view with contacts that allow email and perform the direct email from there? Anyone else come across this issue? Thanks in ad...