Budget wizard for Excel

Tried this post before but got nowhere so am trying again.

When importing a budget, whether full or only a few accounts, the Excel
process stays open when it should not. The problem manifests itself
through two Excel warnings. First after "Select the Excel file" which
says "Do you want to save the changes you made to (filename>". The
second after hitting Finish, which reads "<filename> is already open.
Reopening will cause changes you made to be discarded. Do you want to
reopen <filename>". I always start with Excel closed and if I don't
chick YES each time the import aborts. I have watched activity in the
Task Manager and notice that at both times the Application tab does not
show Excel as running but the Process tab lists excel.exe as active. In
order to continue using Excel I have to delete the process.Using GPs V9
sp2 and Excel 2002. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
0
noyb4649 (154)

Excel Issue
Thank you for your attention to my amateur problem. I am in a tim crunch to create a spreadsheet others can use by tomorrow. In column A, I have a list of lab results. In column B I have a lis of moving ranges based off those results calculated from the formula ABS(B2-B1), etc. This is a sheet that will be used for various tests, so I made room fo many results to be entered, however some analysts may not need al those spaces. So I get something such as: Result MR 1 2------------1 4------------2 5------------1 7------------2 -------------7 That last moving range of seven is counting...

Duplicate budget entry but missing bill
Hi all, I've got a problem in MS Money 2004 where there appears to be a rogue, ie. missing bill payment that is not displayed in the bills and payments listing but IS included in the budget. I have trawled user groups and the MS knowledge base for fixes and the category move for all historical transactions does not work in my case. I've also tried deleting past budgets but it makes no difference. There is still this one bill entry that when I try to edit it from the budget screen, no bill payment details come up - it's as if the program has lost the reference to it somehow...

Using an Excel workbook
I have an Excel worbook containing worksheets of all our baseball participants from last year. I would like to use it to facilitate our registration this year. Here's my idea. I would like to setup several laptops with access to a hub and server. I would like to be able to register players for the season by first searching for a current record for the player. If one is found, I would like to open a form containing the registration information and confirm or change and save the updated information. If one is not found, i would like to open a registration form that can be compl...

Practical Jokes in Excel?
Hello - What practical jokes have you played with Excel, either VBA or just built-in features? With all of the creativity on this Board, I figure there's got to be quite a few gems out there ... One of my coworkers thinks he knows it all, so I'd like to punk him ... my initial thought was a macro that would speak something (using text-to-speech) or play a sound when a specific key is pressed (say, the SHIFT or CTRL keys). I have absolutely no idea where to start with this ... thoughts? Looking forward to seeing what's been done before! //ray On Mar 2, 12:43=...

Help! Excel to HTML needs Refresh?
Original calendar created in Excel2002 was converted to HTML and is posted at: http://www.acalanes.k12.ca.us/calendar/WebCalendar.htm When first viewed in IE6, the page is rendered with additional blank rows but will be formated correctly if you force a refresh. This this may be system resource dependant?? Seems to be rendered correctly in Netscape6. Is there a solution for this??? or can I enter a forced refresh in the HTML to correct the initial viewing? Or should I just trash this and go with the .pdf version at http://www.acalanes.k12.ca.us/calendar/PrintCalendar.pdf - (t...

vba excel project
im not sure if this is possible in excel... but here's what my boss wants... one excel file (master file) contains 10 command buttons (sheet 1). when a user clicks on a button (button 1), an excel template file (template 1) is automatically opened... now this template file will be filled up by the user, and once she/he saves the template (template 1) with a new filename, the date and time (of saving) will be listed on the master file (sheet 2) together with the specified filename of the user. now if the user clicks on button 2, template 2 is opened. and then once saved, the date,time a...

Mystery budget numbers
I have recently set up a new budget in Money. In the new budget, two line item show up with incorrect numbers. I have bill payment setup for my car insurance, and my renter's insurance. These bills create autmoatic line items. However, in the budget report, the "budgeted amount" for both of these items show up four time their original amounts. I have deleted all old budgets, and started with a blank budget, rather than an auto fill. Any ideas? There's a bug in money that bills previously set up but deleted remain in the budget. As far as I know, that's n...

Problem with Excel 2007 and Personal.XLS
I just made a change to a macro file and am now getting the following error: "The file you are trying to open, 'Personal.XLS', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file." If I accept this error, things procede normally, but it's a PITA to have to accept this every time I start Excel. FWIW, I've changed macros before in Excel 2007 without seeing this error, so am not sure what the problem might be. I've dug and dug but been able to resolve the situat...

How do I extend the mathematical functionality of Excel
On 29/10/2004 I contacted the Microsoft customer support. I stated: I want to implement risk mathematics that is not supported by Excel. Can I write an application that couples with Excel, for example written in VC++ or C#, that provides the additional mathematical functionality? For example if I can write an application that couples with Excel, the users can enter all types of data in Excel, the relevant data is accessed by the application to perform mathematical calculations that can not be performed by Excel, and the end result data is placed in Excel. Regards Pejman Khojasteh ...

How do I print only certain info on my excell sheet IE: no SS# or.
Please write your question in the *body* of the message. ...

Excel Chart #3
I've created a chart in Excel with two x axis', I am trying to add a 3rd data source to plot on the chart, when I add the 3rd source, my second line disappears. Maybe, you have the same problem that Mark has in the concurrent discussion "Adding multiple source data to chart" -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <007601c3aa0d$5d64cdd0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I've created a ...

Budget, Budget, Budget
Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. If you read more posts you will discover lots of people have the same question but nobody has the answer. March is coming soon. "Dick" <jaber1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:T6ydncerW_phoI_fRVn-rg@comcast.com... > Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me > know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. > > ...

Excel left click produces right click menu
Help! I've been in the industry for many years but this is a first. I have a user that when he opens a spreadsheet (blank of otherwise), and left clicks in any cell, he instantly gets a right click menu. I have replaced the mouse and mouse drivers, checked the mouse settings, looked through all the Excel options and frankly I am stumped. I am planning on reloading his Notebook, but I would like to know if anyone else has seen this issue, and even better, resolved it. Additional info: Excel 2003. Happens with touchpad or USB attached mouse. Isolated to one user. OS is XP. Any rec...

excel 2002....
I need to sum a column and minus 2.5 % up to maximum of $30.00 will need to be an if formula so far I have =SUM(U8:U43) should be something like this...=SUM(U8:U43),IF(<=1200*.025,-30) On Feb 7, 11:36=A0pm, John <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to sum a column and minus 2.5 % up to maximum of $30.00 > will need to be an if formula > so far I have =3DSUM(U8:U43) > should be something like this...=3DSUM(U8:U43),IF(<=3D1200*.025,-30) Maybe something like this would work, =3DIF((SUM(U8:U43)*0.025)>30,SUM(U8:U43)-30,SUM(U8:U43)*0.975) Hi John Try =SUM(U8...

Expression wizard
I have access 2007 Why when I click on the builder it does not open in any of my databases or any of those downloaded from microsoft. Do I need to reinstall Office 2007 and if I do will I lose anything in Outlook such as emails or addresses or customization of folders in outlook. ...

Rules Wizard #17
Hi, I have a strange problem with my Outlook 2002 Rules Wizard. I can create a new rule and execute it. However, when I tick on the rule I'd like to apply and click on Ok to exit the Rules wizard I get the following message: "One or more rules could not be uploaded to exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store the rules." The rule is very simple and I only have one rule so its not a space limitation issue. Any idea on what could be causing this and how to overcome this is app...

Excel Taskbar Logo And Filename
Hi peeps... Here's one for you excel boffins out there. When I am running Excel, I obviously have the program shown in th Windows Taskbar. This allways says........"Microsoft Excel - FileName" Is there a way to change what this says. For example I would love to remove the Excel Logo, and replace it wit an Icon I have created, and also remove the words Microsoft Excel, an leave only the Filename showing. Is this possible??????? Thanks for any help you can give. Celtic_Avenger :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused -- Celtic_Avenge ------------------...

exported excel charts and pdflatex #2
pdfLatex is compatible with jpg and pdf images, and real pdfs loo better than jpgs it seems. I found that the best way was to make a .p file of the chart by printing to a postscript printer, and the converting to pdf. All is done in vba (uses ghostscript) -- hk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26893 JPG is the wrong format for most charts anyway, being designed for photographic-type images with cont...

non budgeted items in budget
I created a budget and chose the option to "save remaining money toward savings goals" option for what to do with left over money each month (unbudgeted money). When I spend some of that unbudgeted money, say i buy a cd which isn't in my budget, it doesn't show up in my budget summary. So, if i spent a million dollars on cd's every month but cd's weren't in my budget, it would look like i am still within my budget. I think in previous versions of money (prior to 2006) the budget always showed something like "spending in non budgeted categories"...

Database And Excel
I am currently using excel to manage a small database. The problem is my database is getting big and I need more then the 65000 lines excel can have. I have considered access but it lacks some important built-in features from excel. For exemple: - Easily Add multiples similar entry with incremental numbers - Add colors easily - Display Conveniency Maybe I just don't know how to use acces in this case I would appreciate a help as to where I could find info to do what I want Else is there a software that could fill my needs for such a database. In fact what I need is something usefull to...

Inser a page number in MS Excel
I have list of name with their Contribution , i want to sub -total after every Page that why i want to enter page no before each name . Pleese help me ? Use the Subtotals command on the Data menu and check the box that says Page Break betwen Groups. You can then set the Page Number in the Custom Header or Footer section of Page Setup using the 2nd button from left HTH Sheila "Arindam Maitra" wrote: > I have list of name with their Contribution , i want to sub -total after > every Page that why i want to enter page no before each name . Pleese help > me ? ...

Weekly budget start day
How do I make my weekly budget start on Friday instead of Monday? I don't think you can. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Jennifer Cassell" <j.cassell@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:05ef01c35adb$545f8670$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Excel-Category Axis
How do I name each axis in my chart for the category axis? MS Excel '03 Hi, Use the Source Data... dialog and set the range for the 'Category (X) axis labels:' on the Series tab. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/SourceData.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Eager1" <Eager1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E07E1B0-591C-494E-80AF-CB6CBC9885CD@microsoft.com... > How do I name each axis in my chart for the category axis? MS Excel '03 Thank you for your reply! It was most helpful!! Ha...

Budget Balances in "Edit Budget" but not in "Budget Planner"
I hope some one can help me understand this point. I have just started using Money 2003 and this is the first month that all the numbers should balance out. Unfortunately when I click Budget Planner the "Budgeted Expenses" come out to be MUCH more than the amounts I entered in "Edit Budget". It seems as though some areas like Bills: Electricity are double or trippled in the budgeted section. I have gone in to edit budget and tried to correct the errors, however the number already entered are correct. Does money rollover amounts not used during the previous mo...

Excel keeps taking me back to cell A1 !!!
I tried this in another forum, but wasn�t able to get the help needed. I have a Mac (Dual 2 GHz, PowerPC G5) running OSX 10.4.8, with Office 2004 for Mac (11.3.3). In Excel, I go down to cell...say K121 (it can be ANY cell), choose the cell, go to type and the screen jumps up to the A1 row while you are typing in cell K121. It shows what you are typing in the formula bar, but it's a real pain to keep going back down to the row you are working on to see what it looks like or to go to another cell. I do not have to have the �marching ants� border for this to happen, it also happens...