Budget Maintenance Import rounds to 2 decimals

My source Budget data comes with 4 decimals, but when I import it to GP, the
decimals are rounded to only 2.

Is there a way to change that?

Thanks,
--
Hector Herrera
Business Systems Analyst II

Duplicate budget entry but missing bill
Hi all, I've got a problem in MS Money 2004 where there appears to be a rogue, ie. missing bill payment that is not displayed in the bills and payments listing but IS included in the budget. I have trawled user groups and the MS knowledge base for fixes and the category move for all historical transactions does not work in my case. I've also tried deleting past budgets but it makes no difference. There is still this one bill entry that when I try to edit it from the budget screen, no bill payment details come up - it's as if the program has lost the reference to it somehow...

MS POS v.2.0 Questions
We received our v.2.0 installation CD several weeks ago but remain reticent about performing the upgrade. We ran into numerous performance issues with v.1.0 (fatal crashes, database connectivity, slipping into Practice Mode inexplicably) and would like to know if anyone has upgraded and what issues resulted. How well does v.2.0 connect to your backoffice financial app? We are using Office Accounting Pro 2007 and want to know if inventory posts are two-way (i.e., when inventory is received and entered in Office Accounting, will POS show the new inventory count)? Yes. Inventory, ite...

Budget, Budget, Budget
Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. If you read more posts you will discover lots of people have the same question but nobody has the answer. March is coming soon. "Dick" <jaber1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:T6ydncerW_phoI_fRVn-rg@comcast.com... > Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me > know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. > > ...

Mystery budget numbers
I have recently set up a new budget in Money. In the new budget, two line item show up with incorrect numbers. I have bill payment setup for my car insurance, and my renter's insurance. These bills create autmoatic line items. However, in the budget report, the "budgeted amount" for both of these items show up four time their original amounts. I have deleted all old budgets, and started with a blank budget, rather than an auto fill. Any ideas? There's a bug in money that bills previously set up but deleted remain in the budget. As far as I know, that's n...

exported excel charts and pdflatex #2
pdfLatex is compatible with jpg and pdf images, and real pdfs loo better than jpgs it seems. I found that the best way was to make a .p file of the chart by printing to a postscript printer, and the converting to pdf. All is done in vba (uses ghostscript) -- hk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26893 JPG is the wrong format for most charts anyway, being designed for photographic-type images with cont...

Install #2
I just installed GP10 on a users Windows 7 machine. I went through the process, then changed the dynamics.set file to report to the reports.dic file on the server as we are connecting to a remote server. When I open GP it says I must use utilities first. Fine, GP re-opens in utilities. Then it gives me the option to "Update modified forms and reports? which I do, it points to the local reports.dic, which is odd, but ok. when I click process it errors out saying "reports.dic: unable to open. Any ideas??? Thanks, Matt ...

How do I ignore newline character/carriage return while importing
I am using Excel 2003. I need to import a comma delimited file into an excel sheet. While importing into an excel sheet I need to ignore some carriage returns/newline characters. I tried using double quotes (") but this doesn't ignore newline charcters. Sample file is as follows 1,name,description details 2,name,description details 3,name,description details In the above I need to ignore the carriage retun of the 1st record and display the 'description details' in one column. AFAIK there is nothing about Excel's importing feature that provides for variable random carr...

non budgeted items in budget
I created a budget and chose the option to "save remaining money toward savings goals" option for what to do with left over money each month (unbudgeted money). When I spend some of that unbudgeted money, say i buy a cd which isn't in my budget, it doesn't show up in my budget summary. So, if i spent a million dollars on cd's every month but cd's weren't in my budget, it would look like i am still within my budget. I think in previous versions of money (prior to 2006) the budget always showed something like "spending in non budgeted categories"...

using LDIFDE to export/import proxyaddresses
Hello, Here is my question. We are installing a software that might affect users' proxyaddresses. To be on the safe side, I did an ldifde export of all the users' proxyaddresses so we can import them if needed. The problem we are having is that eventhough when using logparser to modify a csv and convert it to an ldf file to format the file, we run into the issue that proxyadddreses is a multivalued attribute. Does anyone have a way to do this. Are you trying to add proxyAddresses, or simply export them? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

Weekly budget start day
How do I make my weekly budget start on Friday instead of Monday? I don't think you can. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Jennifer Cassell" <j.cassell@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:05ef01c35adb$545f8670$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

worksheet functions #2
In microsoft Excel 2003: Does anyone know of a worksheet function, built in or homemade, that can replace the contents of a cell when it becomes inactive? I would like to enter a "b" or an "s" into a cell and have it changed to "Buy" or "Sell" or any other replacement string as soon as I go on to another cell. Can this be done? Thanks. Les, A function could do it, but would have to live in a different cell from that containing the B or S. You could use Tools - Autocorrect to cause it to replace B with Buy, etc., after it's been keyed in...

How do change the decimal in a formula?
I am attempting to place text and a formula in the same cell. Everything is fine, except the Average function is furnishing a long decimal string. What I cannot do is correct this situation to have no decimal. I have tried the format section and set the decimal to 0, but this is what I see. FORMULA. ="Average "&AVERAGE(B4:B82) CELL RESULTS. Average 119.982142857143 I wish it would read Average 119 Thank you. Your post has ended up on an Access site that is not the best place for answers to Excel questions. I would search for a Int or Round function and enclose youe...

Budget Balances in "Edit Budget" but not in "Budget Planner"
I hope some one can help me understand this point. I have just started using Money 2003 and this is the first month that all the numbers should balance out. Unfortunately when I click Budget Planner the "Budgeted Expenses" come out to be MUCH more than the amounts I entered in "Edit Budget". It seems as though some areas like Bills: Electricity are double or trippled in the budgeted section. I have gone in to edit budget and tried to correct the errors, however the number already entered are correct. Does money rollover amounts not used during the previous mo...

Can Money manage my budget like this?
I am trying to configure Money 2007 Deluxe Trial to accomplish the following things for me, yet I'm having trouble wrapping my brain on how to accomplish it. Right now I'm living paycheck to paycheck and need something to help me budget out my grocery/leftover expenses so I'll know I have enough for my bills that come at different times of the month. I'd also like the ability to help me plan how much I need to save for future vacations and things of that nature. Is there an online guide to help me configure Money in such a manner? Do I need the Premium edition for any of...

How to Import Spreadsheets and Filter data into Reports
Hi guys, I'm a bit of a newer Access 2007 user and am trying to find a solution for my boss. He receives a monthly excel spreadsheet that includes about 8000 patients that require their medication information to be reviewed. Of the 8000, many will be cancer patients or have waivers. Those patients don't require review. He'll be working to figure out which don't require review. Now, he can eliminate the patients that don't require review and review those that do, but next month he'll get a list with all the same names. This will be a recurring list of t...

Rounding up price lists
Can you round to the nearest Dollar? Yes, if the Price Method is one that caculates the selling price (such as % of List, markup from list, etc). Click on Options, select the Round Option and set to multiple of and enter 1.00 in the Round Amount field. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tstrop" wrote: > Can you round to the nearest Dollar? ...

Fixing/ Rounding
Hello, I want to calculate how many rows I need in a grid for a given number of cells when the number of columns is limited to let's say 6. Somehow I don't find any better way than using Mod because lCellCount=1917 lMaxCols = 6 would return 319,5 but VB6 rounds that down to 319 instead of rounding it up. This means I get 1 row less than I really need. I was only able to help me by using Mod but that looks fishy/ unncessary to me. Here is my code: Dim lRows& lRows = lCellCount \ lMaxCols Dim iMod% iMod = lCellCount Mod lMaxCols ...

Problems importing 2000 .PST into 2002
Hi, I am using Outlook 2002, release 10.2627.2625. I imported an Outlook 2000 .PST into Outlook 2002 during a move of my computer use/files, etc. to a new computer. Everything seemed to import. However, in the email inbox, all of the "Received" dates on my incoming email were gone. The dates all read "None" now. I repeated this process with an older copy of the backup file to check for possible problems with the source PST file. Got same result and this time, the entire "Sent Items" folder is missing (I had many items in that folder in the old PST)....

Making Savings and Spending Budget in M07 act like Advance Budget
I discovered my M06 Deluxe data file had the slow problem related to budgets. Upon opening M06, I would wait 45 to 60 seconds while my CPU was pegged at 100% before I would try to do anything. Also, some transaction seemed to take a long time to enter. After reading several notes, it seemed this was unusual and needed fixed. The way I discovered my problem was I installed M07 Deluxe (got it free from Staples with Taxcut after rebate) on another machine and converted my M06 file and did the "Remove all Bills Data" or more commonly referred to as "Nuke the Bills". I re-...

Hourly Report #2
I am looking hourly report for RMS. We can see a graph from Register but can not print out. Is there any way we can see from back office - Hourly Report? Chirag Thakkar NetLink Consulting 732 548-6300 Chirag wrote: > I am looking hourly report for RMS. We can see a graph from Register but can > not print out. Is there any way we can see from back office - Hourly Report? > You can see the hourly report, or the graph of Report? For first case, it's easy... you can add a column with the date/hours of sales and adding a group on the new column.. cod Cod, Thanks for the ...

Categorization #2
Hello: I am importing records with PUBLIX XXX where XXX is the store, Becuase of this the program is not categorizing automatically as Grocerys. Can anybody tell me how to make this happen ? Thanks ...

Issues with Rounding (or lack thereof)
Hello, I've got a question with an Access 2000 Database. I've got a query with a calculated field: Der_Percent_Good. Der_Percent_Good: Nz((100*(1-[Num_Out_Tol]/[Shipment_Sample_Size])),"N/ A") This field is supposed to be a percentage, and I'd like this field to be able to round to 2 decimal places, for right now it does not. Right now it has a large amount of decimal places if the situation arises, like 1/3 (goes out of view on my textbox on the form), and it will have 0 decimal places if it turns out to be a whole number (0/100). I've tried selecting Properties-...

Film/video Budget?
Fire destroyed our computer holding Budgets. Can anyone please email us an Excel video production budget form? We're desparate. Ray Bright, Producer Lexicon Media 724-327-0889 -- Ursmare ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ursmare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399738 http://www.videobeach.com/sfi.htm Ain't Google wonderful. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Ursmare" <Ursmare.1ufn6a_1125162300.7452@excelforu...

New Messages #2
How do I stop Outlook Express from checking new messages every 5 minutes? dci <bishopdiisomjr@aol.com> wrote: > How do I stop Outlook Express from checking new messages > every 5 minutes? Tools>Options This is a newsgroup for Outlook, not Outlook Express questions. -- Brian Tillman ...

Export & Import Mail Problem
I am using WLM with 2 email account. i am using these 2 email account for business. Before i receovery my computer system i export all my emai datal to a back-up folder after recovery my computer system i import back my email date to WLM from the back up folder and i diiscover a few problem. 1.1) all email folder was not import back to it own email account, but storage at a folder name "storage folders". 1.2) email folders inside the "storage folders" are not allow to move folder by folder back to the individual user account. 1.3) So I have to w...