Browse file at run time in Integration manager

How can I set up the integration so that the system prompts the user for the
file at run time.

I do not want the users to edit the integration to point to the right file
every single time. Is there a way out?
0
Stacey (160)

Stacey,

You would need to write VBScript code in the Before Integration area.
The script would use the FSO (File System Object) to prompt the user for the
existing file.
You would then need to copy the file to  the location your source query
expects the file to be.
It would also need to be the same name as specified in the source query.

Be aware that using this method, you can only have one user running the
integration at any one time, otherwise the 2nd user could override the
source file used by the integration.

If this is an issue, create subfolders for each userid. When you copy the
file, copy to the appropriate subfolder. Then use the OverrideLocation
method in the Before Query to point to the subfolder for the current user.
You can determine the current user, again using the VBScript and referencing
retrieveglobals.dll.

The IM Script Library has sample VBScript code that would make up parts of
this.
Details about the FSO properties and methods can be found at
msdn.microsoft.com

------
Robert

"Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I set up the integration so that the system prompts the user for
> the
> file at run time.
>
> I do not want the users to edit the integration to point to the right file
> every single time. Is there a way out?

0
Robert
6/23/2006 12:32:29 PM
Robert,
I am not able to script the part of changing the source file. If you have
something, can you post?
Jack
"Robert Cavill" <robert.smartlist at gmail.com> wrote in message
> Stacey,
>
> You would need to write VBScript code in the Before Integration area.
> The script would use the FSO (File System Object) to prompt the user for
> the existing file.
> You would then need to copy the file to  the location your source query
> expects the file to be.
> It would also need to be the same name as specified in the source query.
>
> Be aware that using this method, you can only have one user running the
> integration at any one time, otherwise the 2nd user could override the
> source file used by the integration.
>
> If this is an issue, create subfolders for each userid. When you copy the
> file, copy to the appropriate subfolder. Then use the OverrideLocation
> method in the Before Query to point to the subfolder for the current user.
> You can determine the current user, again using the VBScript and
> referencing retrieveglobals.dll.
>
> The IM Script Library has sample VBScript code that would make up parts of
> this.
> Details about the FSO properties and methods can be found at
> msdn.microsoft.com
>
> ------
> Robert
>
> "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How can I set up the integration so that the system prompts the user for
>> the
>> file at run time.
>>
>> I do not want the users to edit the integration to point to the right
>> file
>> every single time. Is there a way out?

0
jacktundra (359)
6/23/2006 5:02:52 PM
thank you.
I looked at the sample codes but there was nothing on changing the source
files. Any help will be appreciated.

"Robert Cavill" wrote:

> Stacey,
>
> You would need to write VBScript code in the Before Integration area.
> The script would use the FSO (File System Object) to prompt the user for the
> existing file.
> You would then need to copy the file to  the location your source query
> expects the file to be.
> It would also need to be the same name as specified in the source query.
>
> Be aware that using this method, you can only have one user running the
> integration at any one time, otherwise the 2nd user could override the
> source file used by the integration.
>
> If this is an issue, create subfolders for each userid. When you copy the
> file, copy to the appropriate subfolder. Then use the OverrideLocation
> method in the Before Query to point to the subfolder for the current user.
> You can determine the current user, again using the VBScript and referencing
> retrieveglobals.dll.
>
> The IM Script Library has sample VBScript code that would make up parts of
> this.
> Details about the FSO properties and methods can be found at
> msdn.microsoft.com
>
> ------
> Robert
>
> "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I set up the integration so that the system prompts the user for
> > the
> > file at run time.
> >
> > I do not want the users to edit the integration to point to the right file
> > every single time. Is there a way out?

0
Stacey (160)

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

MS CRM & MYOB Integration
Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate MS CRM and MYOB? If so, at a very high level, what does this entail? Many Thanks, Jonty This is something i am interested in doing as well, any help would be appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate MS CRM and >MYOB? If so, at a very high level, what does this entail? > >Many Thanks, >Jonty >. > From MSCRM's perspective this shouldn't be an issue. It's more a question of the capabilities of MYOB. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

Appointment
I seem to have a recurring problem with CRM appointments in CRM 3.0, I have a callout which creates/updates an appointment, the problem is that for example when I create an appointment with an End Time of 10/06/09 it shows in the form when viewed in CRM as 09/06/09, even though when I look at the database table the correct date is being held (10/06/09)? This problem seems to occur no matter what date is entered? I have also ensured the duration is correct (e.g. all day event with correct number of days, e.g. Start = 06/06/09 - End = 10/06/09, Duration = 5 days), I'm puzzled as to what else...

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

is there a way to check which JRE version on machine that is *CURRENTLY* running ?
java machine have multiple updates, how do i know which is the *CURRENT* verison that is running ? You should ask this in a Java forum, but I have a few comments: Don't forget, you can have JREs that are basically in a local directory and are used by an application, so you can have several JREs installed on a system. If your application doesn't have a local JRE installed or several on the system, check the environment variables to see if there are any JAVA variables there. I *think* you can just run something simple like "java -v" to get the version ...

Excel file save macro.
I need help with a macro. I want to be able to save a file as a listed name, that is referenced in a cell, in a directory that is listed in a different cell. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Post your efforts. Homework? "darrenlshipley" <darrenlshipley.vecxb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:darrenlshipley.vecxb@excelforum-nospam.com... > I need help with a macro. I want to be able to save a file as a listed > name, tha...

PNG files
Hi All, I'm new to Publisher, but "well-versed" in other DTP programs and HTML. My issue is that when I save a PUB file as HTML, it saves some of the graphics as PNG files, which don't display properly on our company's older MSIE 5.0 browsers (I know, we need to upgrade them, but that's another story.). Anyway, I checked the Web options in Publisher and the PNG option is NOT enabled, but it still saves the graphics as PNGs. What can I do to fix this? Thanks for your help. Phideaux It was fixed in the service pack Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1 http:...

Running an Access 95 application
Hi here, I have to run an Access 95 application for testing purposes. On my machine I only have a later version of Access. I don't mind installing Access 95 also, but I was told that this will give conflicts with the later version. Is this true? Can I expect conflicts? What can I eventually do to prevent such conflicts? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com AFAIK, you can run Access 95 and other versions of Access on the same machine without any problems (other than the fact that Access 95 was probably the worst version of Access ever released...) Just make sure you ins...

Any pitfalls to running an ADC from 5.5 to 2003 for 6 months?
We're budgeted for a single Exchange 2003 server immediately which I would like to place all new users on. I won't have budget to upgrade the other 6 Exchange 5.5 servers for at least 6 months. Are there any known pitfalls or issues with running an ADC between the new Exchange 2003 server and our Exchange 5.5 sites for an extended period of time. We have already upgraded all of our DC's to Windows 2003. Thanks for any information, Dan We co-existed in a 5.5/2000 environment for over year with minimal problems. Just make sure your ADC connector are setup correctly and replica...

File Has No Owner, Cannot Be Deleted
We have a 4GB file on our server that was created by the SQL Server 'bcp' command. The file has no owner. Even though I am an administrator, when I right-click on the file, there is no "Security" tab. We cannot delete, move, copy the file. The error is "Invalid MS-DOS Function". Any idea how I can delete this file on a server that I can't take offline? "Buck Turgidson" <jc_va@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hoave1$e60$1@news.eternal-september.org... > We have a 4GB file on our server that was created by the SQL...

since Aug.17.'07, can't open local file (Money 2006 SB)
I am running Money 2006 for Small Business. I guess MS does not announce pending outages. Apparently, a maintenance event was occurring while I was working in the application on Aug. 17 at about 5 p.m. MST. I recieved a page error and the application crashed. Since then, (now the evening of Aug. 18) I cannot open my database file! If I enter the correct password, I receive: "The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please try again. # If you are sure that you typed your credentials correctly, the server may be undergoing maintenance. Please try again later. If you are opening ...

browsing file
1- I want some thing to brows the file any file 2- and after browsing the file >>> selecting the file needed!!!! 3- after selecting the file I don't want to open the file What I want : I want to save (the path of the file to variable ) or text box Example: D:\MyExcelbox.xls The variable will hold Dim MyFilePath as string MyFilePath = "D:\MyExcelbox.xls" Thank you "a" <a@a.net> wrote in message news:OGBv5XthIHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > 1- I want some thing to brows the file any file > > 2- and after browsing the file >>...

Excel Run Time Errors
Hi all How is everyone, first time here and was wondering if i could ask you help? Using MS Excel and trying to create a Button. Whenever I do am getting a error message, Visual Basic Run Time Error? Any Ideas anyone Cheers Phi -- baileyphi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- baileyphil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2540 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38872 Good afternoon baileyphil You really need to supply a little bit more information in what you are doing...

greyed out files
I have just transfered files from an old imac to a new powerbool (office = 98 to=20 office 2004), The flles on the new computer are "greyed out". any ideas? Tom wrote : > I have just transfered files from an old imac to a new powerbool (office 98 to > office 2004), The flles on the new computer are "greyed out". any ideas? Did you use a MS DOS formatted disk to do the transfer? Or through an email software that puts files in a Windows format? This could be the reason (I did the same), as the "Creator" and "Type" of your files seem to have been l...

How to open publisher 95 file in publisher 98
I have Publisher 98. I was given a file to work on that was created in Publisher 95. I cannot open it, I don't understand why newer version files cannot open older ones. Is there any help out there? Are you using Norton anti-virus by any chance? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "westpix" <westpix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D217BA64-404D-4CDB-BE5D-64A25A8FF8C5@microsoft.com... >I have Publisher 98. I was given a file to work on that was created in > Publisher 95. > I cannot open it, I don't understand why newer version fi...

EXCH 2000 Mailbox Manager "How To Config..." Question
My setup is Exchange 2000 Std on Windows 2000 w/ 50 users I'm somewhat new to Exchange administration, however, I have one year experience maintaining and monitoring. We want to reduce our current database of 15.6 GB. My plan is to implement mailbox manager and storage limits in our environment. My first objective is to create a mailbox manager policy that will delete only emails older than 120 days AND greater than 1 MB. Once that's done and tested, I will do an offline defrag and follow up with a mailbox size limit (200 MB). What I've configured already is a policy called ...

.PST File won't decrease in size
1. I had over two years worth of e-mail in my PST file that made the file size aproximately 850 MEGS. 2. I needed to shrink file size. 3. So I deleted in Outlook ALL MESSAGES and only left contacts. This should have decreased the file size of the PST file. However it has not. 4. What can I do now to decrease the file size of the PST file? Hi Frank, Reduce the size of a data file ------------------------------------------------ A data file is a Personal Folders file (.pst) (Personal Folders file (.pst): Data file that stores your messages and other items on your computer. You ca...

Insert a file path as a hyperlink
Is there a way to browse and select the file path and insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? Like, in what application? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brooke asked: | Is there a way to browse and select the file path and | insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? First, you have to select HTML from the Format menu. Then, type or past...

Name is not associated with file
Just so that we can keep a running total of those affected by the latest Money Update, I also have been unable to log in either through the usual way or through the posted work arounds. Thanks to the MVPs that have to put up with the badmouthing, the majority of us know you do your best to help us keep things running smoothly. However, the company really is in a bad spot since their latest update has effectively crippled many of us that rely on the program to run our finances. And I fear that by trying to use our backups we will not be able to log in anyway and cause further problem...

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

Money 2004 won't convert old files
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 on XP Pro SP1. The install was over a previous working copy of Money 2000 (plus whatever online updates it has installed over the last few years). When I try to convert my data file, the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot locate [ my file ] or cannot open it, possibly because it's read only or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected". There are no other applications holding the file open. The machine is single user, on a L...