BP-System Requirements

Does anyone know where I can find more detail information on Web Server
requirements for Business Portal?  I'm looking for more detail on user
access.  We are talking about 400 users accessing it.  What's the best
approach?  How many users per web server?  Any help out there ... thanks
0
Jav (134)

Yes, there was a session at Convergence on this topic.  If you have access to
the Convergence site, go to https://www.msconvergence.com/downloads.aspx and
scroll down to GP09 Planning for your Business Portal Implementation and
Deployment.  There is a zip file with a TON of good information.

"JAV" wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find more detail information on Web Server
> requirements for Business Portal?  I'm looking for more detail on user
> access.  We are talking about 400 users accessing it.  What's the best
> approach?  How many users per web server?  Any help out there ... thanks
0
Dan4650 (795)
4/10/2006 3:41:02 PM
I don't have access to this site.  Is this available on CustomerSource?

"Dan" wrote:

> Yes, there was a session at Convergence on this topic.  If you have access to
> the Convergence site, go to https://www.msconvergence.com/downloads.aspx and
> scroll down to GP09 Planning for your Business Portal Implementation and
> Deployment.  There is a zip file with a TON of good information.
>
> "JAV" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know where I can find more detail information on Web Server
> > requirements for Business Portal?  I'm looking for more detail on user
> > access.  We are talking about 400 users accessing it.  What's the best
> > approach?  How many users per web server?  Any help out there ... thanks
0
Jav (134)
4/10/2006 3:55:02 PM
Yes, just found it.  Go to
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/InstallationAndSetupGuides/bp_implementation.htm
..  It is a 10MB+ zip file that extracts into several help files, check lists,
etc.

"JAV" wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find more detail information on Web Server
> requirements for Business Portal?  I'm looking for more detail on user
> access.  We are talking about 400 users accessing it.  What's the best
> approach?  How many users per web server?  Any help out there ... thanks
0
Dan4650 (795)
4/10/2006 6:43:02 PM
Thanks Dan.

I actually had this documentation but didn't see the BP Performance and
Scalability document.  This should give me what I need.

"Dan" wrote:

> Yes, just found it.  Go to
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/InstallationAndSetupGuides/bp_implementation.htm
> .  It is a 10MB+ zip file that extracts into several help files, check lists,
> etc.
>
> "JAV" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know where I can find more detail information on Web Server
> > requirements for Business Portal?  I'm looking for more detail on user
> > access.  We are talking about 400 users accessing it.  What's the best
> > approach?  How many users per web server?  Any help out there ... thanks
0
Jav (134)

Web Part Communications
I have tried many combinations of header to detail, and card to transaction web part communications, but the subscriber never shows any results. Edit >> Connections >> Publish/Consume seem to point to each other correctly, and publishers and subscribers are using the same business entity. Why does the subscriber not show any data? Rich, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What version of BP are you using? Can you tell me specifically what entities you're trying to communicate between? Have you tried checking the "use alternate publishing method" or "...

System notifications
Hi all, Hoping someone can help as i have now trawled through the support site with no luck. Basically im having trouble setting up exchange email notifications for system status events. We are running exchange 2003 SP1 in a 2 cluster and receive the following error in the WMI log for every event. (Tue Nov 22 10:05:49 2005.91843296) : Error establishing SMTP connection (554) () (Tue Nov 22 10:05:49 2005.91843312) : Unable to send message: 0xFFFFFFFF (Tue Nov 22 10:05:49 2005.91843312) : Dropping event destined for event consumer SMTPEventConsumer (Tue Nov 22 10:05:49 2005.91843312) : Fa...

Campaign eMail
Colleagues Having trouble with sending an eMail campaign - when I come to actually create the eMail, the From and To fields are disabled - only the CC & Bcc fields are available when I come to Distribute Campaign Activity. Marketing list has been defined for the campaign activity, by the way. So - in goes the subject and the body of the eMail and everything looks fine when I hit the distribute button. But... no eMails are created, and no failures are noted either. Shortly after going "In Progress" the status reason then shows "System Aborted" Help! Hany I ...

Getting system default font
Hi all, I am having trouble finding out how to get the default system font (i.e. the one set up in the appearance tab of display settings) so that i can use it when drawing on a device context. Does anyone know how to do this? Cheers for any help you can give me, Andy. >I am having trouble finding out how to get the default system font (i.e. the >one set up in the appearance tab of display settings) so that i can use it >when drawing on a device context. >Does anyone know how to do this? Andy, Have a look at the SystemParametersInfo API - SPI_GETNONCLIENTMETRICS. There are s...

Internal/External Size Limits by System User
Hello I have rec'd an odd request from mgmt. They want to limit outgoing emails from certain users in the domain to 10kb externally only, while having no limits on internal sizes or internal and external limits on other users. I know this is confusing, this is how it would work. User A: External Limit 10mb (standard), Internal Limit none User B: External Limit 10kb (yes 10KB!), Internal Limit none. I can't for the life of me figure out a way to make this work.We are using Exchange 2003, and I've tried everything I can think of but there doesn't seem to be a way to limit ext...

BP queries
Hello: When you modify or create queries in Business Portal, where on the server are these queries stored? The IT director has voiced concern that, if queries are stored on the server in the Program Files directory, this could take up space on the typical C drive. Are queries stored on the IIS server? Also, is the file extension ".wpd"? Thanks! childofthe1980s childofthe1980s, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The queries are stored in SQL, and therefore, on the SQL Server. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This post...

Queries in BP
Hello: Is it possible to create queries in Business Portal that pull columns from views that users create in SQL Server 2005? I have created a few SQL views based on data from payroll historical tables, and I have created some SmartLists in SmartList Builder based on these views. I was hoping to be able to pull in some columns from these views into BP queries. Is it possible to do this? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Conditional formatting help required please
I have a spreadsheet where cell C& requires the user to enter either "Y" or "N". Depending which they enter I need to recolour cells B7:B12. I have completely run out of ideas for how to do this - Excel bible, web searches etc. have not solved the problem. Can someone please please put me out of my misery - I know it can be done and I'm sure its simple (when you know how)? Many thanks Tony (now you know why I log in backwards ... ynoT !!!) -- y_not ------------------------------------------------------------------------ y_not's Profile: http://www.excelf...

Example Rack Layout Required.
Hi, I'm trying to persuade my boss to buy Visio 2003. I would be using it to produce Network Rack layout, essentially cabinets filled with patch panels. However before he will agree to it he would like to see an example of a rack layout produced with this software, does anybody have example they could send me, or link to an example ? Also I will be need lots of different symbols, Cisco, Avaya, etc.. Are these easy to come by ? Thanks in advance, Andy. I don't have any examples of this myself, but I can confirm that Visio is definitely the tool for this activity. It comes wit...

underscores in the server name--affect on BP
Hello: I read somewhere that the server that you use for Business Portal 4.0 should not have underscores in its name. Our internal IT staff set up a server for me to use today to install MOSS, BP, etc. on it. It just dawned on me, though, that this test server has two underscores in its name. Is this really going to be a problem? Is there any sort of remedy? I don't suppose renaming the server is an option, huh? childofthe1980s It's a bug or a fix depending on how you look at it. Check out this link and it should answer your question. My gut tells me if you type in the h...

Upgrade from BP 2.5 Service Pack to BP 4
In preparing for a GP10/BP4 upgraded, I've created a test environment with GP 8.0SP5 and BP2.5 with feature pack on MSDE. My understanding is that the upgrade path is as follows: Upgrade GP 8.0SP5 to GP 10.0 Upgrade WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0 Install MOSS 2007 Run the migration utility and then install BP 4 The GP upgrade runs smoothly. Can someone who's been down this road before please help me with what to expect during the Business Portal upgrade? I'm assuming that as I upgrade WSS to each higher level, the original BP site will not be working as BP 2.5 doesn't support WSS...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

DEVFUND-0046 requirement for Windows Logo Submission
Hi, As you may know there is a new requirement for Window Logo the is going to be effective June 1, 2010 (DEVFUND-0046). I was wondering if this new requirement also applies to drivers that are submitted under the Unclassified Category? Thanks. kambizt <kambizt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >As you may know there is a new requirement for Window Logo the is going to >be effective June 1, 2010 (DEVFUND-0046). I was wondering if this new >requirement also applies to drivers that are submitted under the Unclassified >Category? You'll have t...

System Event ID 2510
I just picked up a new client that is running Small Business Server 2003 and have discovered an annoying error message in the System Event Log that is posted every 30 seconds. The source is listed as the server name with no category. It is event ID 2510 and includes the following text ... The server service was unable to map error code 3007 The server is up-to-date with all MS Updates and all services are running as they should. I have searched Technet for any information but nothing that lists that error code. Other 2510 IDs are listed, but with different error codes. ...

Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB976321) Fa
Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB976321) fails to update..I have windows 7, home premium..and office 2007 for students, sp2. I have tried several tmes..keep getting code 646..Have tried all troubleshooting as suggested but still will not install. I do not have a disc for the ms office 2007 student edition, computer was pre-loaded.. Any suggestions -- Steveo I am having the same program and cant figure it out either - any one can help us would be nice. Dawn "Bruins99" wrote: > Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (...

system password #2
I suffered through a error riddled installation, likely a result of my choosing to install to an existing SQL Server. I set the project aside for several weeks. Today I have thrashed about a bit, done a couple of Check Links but I am currently being informed that I need to establish a currency, but entering Setup - Financial - Multicurrency I am asked for a system password. As I am logged in as the SQL sa I find this strange and rather distressing. Is uninstalling the only way to recover from an unknown system password? -- Randy Hersom Habilitation Software Inc. Randy Hersom wr...

System headed South.. What can I do?
2 days ago.. all Ok.. 1 day ago, see wierd behavior as I double click on a .xls worksheet or launch Excel in my Office 2002XP.. I get a dialogue box immediately asking me to Install a Windows XP PRO module that is on the CD-ROM.. I have Win XP HOME.. and still see thhis error after reboot/ virus scan and registry cleanup..does same thing under different login names.. This morning, i boot up see an error box and repeadedly must close the dialog box to get rid of hyroglyphic foriegn text, and upon closing last of 10 or so repeating error boxes, my cursor disappears completely.. rebo...

System Emails
Hi, I changed system emails to be sent to my email instead of the admin account. I forgot where I changed that. Could someone help me? Thanks More likely you specified to send a Copy of system messages (NDR's) to your account. If so, it's on the properties of the SMTP Virtual Server Messages tab. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "ted" <ted@united.com> wrote in message news:%23a2bZBL5FHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I changed system emails to be sent to my email instead of the admin > account. I forgot where I changed that. C...

Form Code Required
Hi I run Excel 2K Does anyone have some VB code that forces a form to open to the maximum screen size available. Also, where would I put the code if it is available. Thanks This doesn't force it to open to cover everything on the screen, but does open it to cover the displayed spreadsheet: Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.Width = ActiveWindow.Width Me.Height = ActiveWindow.Height End Sub The code goes into the form's Initialize event process. Here's a page that shows how to get the current screen resolution, and you could use it in conjunction with the above cod...

Installing Microsoft Office on Several Systems
Hi I'm a student and have a Student version of Microsoft Office Enterprise(special offer for students). My friend does not have Office and I was wondering, if I could lend him my disc. I don't know whether the version is multiple user or not but I think it is only one license. If my friend installs it on his PC and uninstalls it after he's finished using it, can I still install it on a new system afterwards(i have not used the disc yet)? Or will Microsoft record the identification of his PC and assign the license to his and only his PC, rendering it useless in future?...

Require some help!
Hello Guys, I have the following task... Code: -------------------- Task 4 At the beginning of the term our staff is busy with enrolments. Students are given a discount if they pay the course fee in advance. The staff needs to calculate and record the course fees paid by students. To make this task easier for our staff you will need to design a template which can be re-used each term. Include appropriate headings. The information they require is as follows: Student Name Course Code Course Name Date Course Commences Date Paid No. of Days paid in Advance C...

File System Hook
Hi, I am trying to hook the file system to get the notifications whenever an application / process opens a file. I must be able to get the process' information (i.e. name, path, etc). I do know that it has to be done at the file system driver layer by having a filter driver (Is there any other way?). But I could not get any source code. I am posting this question here with the hope that atleast one of you would have faced similar situation. It would be great, if someone give me a link that points to the source. Thanks a lot Srusal ...

System crashes
-- Regards, --Tom ...

BP security
We have set up the HRMSSS in Business Portal for GP 10 with single sign on so it doesn't require sign in to the site once the employee is logged in to the domain. However they would like a sign on requirement for the Employee Pay page. Has anyone set up Business Portal this way where specific sections require authentication? ...

What is window system interface and application-specific parts
Hello! I'm reading in a document about Graphical User Interface Programming and I wonder if you out there understand the last part of this text where I have written "start here" . More exactly what is application-specific parts of the interface? What is window system interface ? Is win32 a window system interface! A windowing system is a software package that helps the user monitor and control different contexts by separating them physically onto different parts of one or more display screens [Myers 1988b]. Although most of today's systems provide toolkits on top of the wi...