BP - Find vs. Queries

Suggestion:  Make all find and queries case sensative or none

We've discovered that the queries are not case sensative while the find
functions (for example, the find function in the requisition vendor applet)
tend to be case sensative.  This creates a lot of confusion for the end users
and a lot of "I can't find..." support calls.

Consistency is a good thing, especially in a user interface.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a3cb46-8892-4e1b-8f69-f769db69743b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
VinceV (156)

Parent vs Child
Is there a way when making an on hand report to just show the Parent for all items instead of it seperating all out in the different "child" items? Hi CT, I'm editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site (www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community) and we're having a Microsoft developer from the RMS team answer questions like yours on ITEMS this week. We'll post the answers to the site the week of 9/8 (though if you like, I can fwd the answer to you sooner). Would you like me to pass your question on to Jimmy Wong, the MSFT developer doing this ...

Query with criteria 01-08-10
Hi! I'm not sure why no one is helping me, but I've been waiting for a reply since Monday. Can somebody help me out?? Here's what I have: I have a query and I want it to display items that has null value, so I can determine what certain service students did not receive. The field is based on a combo box that's why I'm having some difficulty on this. The combo box is consisted of these service items: Campus Visit, College Readiness, Financial Aid Counseling, Tutoring, Academic Counseling, Financial Aid Application, and Admissions Application. So I want ...

Cross Tab Query in Report?
I am trying to create a report based off my cross tab query. Idynamically assigned the fields on the report and used VBA to load theappropriate data into the field.My issue involves where there are too many columns to fit on onepage. I have a page footer (confidential info and the page number).The Report footer has fields that summarize the columns.I would like to have the columns that do not fit on the one page to beput on a separate page with the main column (first name) repeated(like Excel). It would be nice if the page footer appears on thispage also.I have looked through all the postin...

Query sorts correctly, report does not
I have a report that is driven by a query. The query has ORDER BY statements so that it sorts correctly, and it works fine. However, the report does not seem to be sorting at to my eye, certainly not by the same as criteria as the query. The report's "order by" property is blank, and the "order by on" field is set to No. Any idea why the report would choose to sort differently than the query? Thanks, Graham The sort order in your query is irrelevant to the sort order of your report. To sort your report, use the report's Sorting and Grouping dialog.... In Des...

Web Part Communications
I have tried many combinations of header to detail, and card to transaction web part communications, but the subscriber never shows any results. Edit >> Connections >> Publish/Consume seem to point to each other correctly, and publishers and subscribers are using the same business entity. Why does the subscriber not show any data? Rich, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What version of BP are you using? Can you tell me specifically what entities you're trying to communicate between? Have you tried checking the "use alternate publishing method" or "...

sort vs. print
Using Excel ('cause I'm too cheap to buy Access) to keep list of videos -- trying to create a list to hand-carry around the house, looking for duplicates to donate to local library or to friends For convenience, I want to a. print the list on as few sheets of paper as possible -- 2 or 3 columns on a pag b. be able to sort alphabetically a. is easy enough -- figure out how many lines print on a page, make 3 columns that "tall problem -- can't figure out how to alphabetize the 3 columns as a single grou b. is easy enough -- one column of data, sort by "A problem -...

BP queries
Hello: When you modify or create queries in Business Portal, where on the server are these queries stored? The IT director has voiced concern that, if queries are stored on the server in the Program Files directory, this could take up space on the typical C drive. Are queries stored on the IIS server? Also, is the file extension ".wpd"? Thanks! childofthe1980s childofthe1980s, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The queries are stored in SQL, and therefore, on the SQL Server. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This post...

Add Calculation Field In Query
I hv this sql SELECT Qtskssubcat2.BRNCD, Qtskssubcat2.BRANCH, Qtskssubcat2.SUBCATDESC2, Sum(Qtskssubcat2.Netbal1MIA) AS SumOfNetbal1MIA, Sum(Qtskssubcat2.Netbal2MIA) AS SumOfNetbal2MIA, Sum(Qtskssubcat2.Netbal3MIA) AS SumOfNetbal3MIA, Sum(Qtskssubcat2.Netbal4MIA) AS SumOfNetbal4MIA, Sum(Qtskssubcat2.Netbal5MIA) AS SumOfNetbal5MIA, Sum(Qprevmthsubcat2.Netbal1MIA) AS SumOfNetbal1MIA1, Sum(Qprevmthsubcat2.Netbal2MIA) AS SumOfNetbal2MIA1, Sum(Qprevmthsubcat2.Netbal3MIA) AS SumOfNetbal3MIA1, Sum(Qprevmthsubcat2.Netbal4MIA) AS SumOfNetbal4MIA1, Sum(Qprevmthsubcat2.Netbal5MIA) AS S...

Query using only criteria for one column when 2 are limited
Access 2007 Among other items in my table, I have a flight column and a date column. There are specific flights for specific dates for which I'd like to see data. The query is returning the right flights, but ALL dates, not limited to the ones I want. If I remove the flight criteria, it shows all flights, but limits my dates as desired. What is the deal? WHY are the simplest of tasks made so much more difficult in this release of Office??? Rita Brasher Global Trade Services FedEx Express Rita It might help us diagnose what's happening if you'd provide...

Problem with .rc files in VS 2005
I have several projects that were created with VS 2003. These are MFC based applications with .RC files that contain localized strings. Some of these strings are Japanese, Korean, and Chinese encoded in MBCS. These projects work fine in VS 2003. I converted these projects to compile with VS 2005 and if I bring up the resource editor to view or modify the string resources, VS 2005 will modify the Japanese, Korean, and Chinese strings. It will replace the characters with all "?" question marks. Is there some setting that I need to set to prevent VS from modifying my string...

2004 vs 2008
Hi everyone, Ok... I have 22 licenses of Office 2004 and use the disk given to me by Microsoft Open Licensing. I need to purchase more licenses, but I have come to the conclusions that office 2008 is not worth it. I really don't want to deal with the issues that I have been seeing in 2008 and am wondering: 1) If I purchase Office 2008 Standard Edition, and keep it on the shelf, and simply install 2004, will that take care of the licensing issue? 2) Will I be forced to 2008, with MS simply not fixing bugs in 2004, and then have to install a inferior product simply because it will run...

How do I make query parameters with a drop down list?
I want a parameter query that prompts the user with a drop-down list to enter the data, rather than the user typing a string. This way, I can limit which data the user can search for. Is this possible? If not, how can I prevent Access from displaying a blank record when the user enters a string in the query parameter dialog box that has no matching records? I want to prevent users from creating a record when no record exists with the criteria they searched for. On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:02:00 -0800, rangersims wrote: > I want a parameter query that prompts the user with a drop-down l...

User vs owner rights
Hi,I learnt at some point that it s more secure to set the queries rights at owners level rather than grant rights to the table itself. and i have been doing that, but quite blindly.could someone clarify as to what is the exact benefit of doing this? what i can see that it limits the extent of change a user can do to the table to whatever the query will allow. Is there something besides this too?ThanksRamesh Ramesh wrote:> Hi,>> I learnt at some point that it s more secure to set the queries> rights at owners level rather than grant rights to the table itself. and i > have b...

Queries in BP
Hello: Is it possible to create queries in Business Portal that pull columns from views that users create in SQL Server 2005? I have created a few SQL views based on data from payroll historical tables, and I have created some SmartLists in SmartList Builder based on these views. I was hoping to be able to pull in some columns from these views into BP queries. Is it possible to do this? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Union query garbles ID field
I can't figure out why this happens. In some of my union queries, an ID field gets garbled and displayed as a non-western character, or a box shape of some sort. It's like it's encoded? Does anyone know why this might happen? I can post back with table & query descriptions. Thank you!! Matthew Here's my structure, simplified: tblContacts *ContactID LastName .... tblAffiliations *AffiliationID ContactID Title .... qryA: SELECT tblAffiliations.AffiliationID, tblAffiliations.Title, Null AS ContactID, Null AS LastName FROM tblAffiliations; qryC: SELECT tblCont...

Query from within Excel
I have a need for some query help and I will try to explain my situation. Thanks in advance for any help. I have an Excel spreadsheet that has two different sheets. One one sheet called "Data" I have created a query that pulls AP Invoices from from a SQL database. In the results of this query I may have several lines with the same Company. Ok here's my question. On my other sheet page of the same file, is there any way to run a Select statement and use the "Data" sheet as the FROM Source? For example I would like to do something like this: Select Distince Company...

Outputting multiple query results as VB variables
I have a form that show results from a query that I need to use to print multiple pdfs. The query usually has multiple results and I need to print specific pdf files based on those results. For example, if the query returns A, B, and C, I need to print A.pdf, B.pdf, and C.pdf. I can print the files with VB code once I get the results as variables, but I don't know how to convert the multiple query results as multiple variables. I hope that makes sense. I am relatively new to access and especially to VB so any help (or alternate way to accomplish what I am doing) would be appreciated. ...

database query not showing foxpro database How I import data
I have install office 2003 I used to access data from a foxpro programm in excel 2000 ealier, but since I have install ms office 2003, excel databases shwoing only debase file , excel file MS Acess database. Its not display Fox-Pro Database to acess I downloaded fox-pro driver and intall fox-pro on my computer but Foxpro database does not show in databases filed. kindly advice what to do? if any special driver rquire please send too "mangat" <mangat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD4B949-881F-4407-9B79-23B5BCF318C6@microsoft.com... > I down...

Extender vs Modifier
Our organization can probably benefit from both of these products but if we had to choose one, what would other users recommend? We have limited development skills/resources but a couple of people have VBA knowledge (incl me). The system admin (me) also has an excellent knowledge of the GP tables and SQL. I know I will have to evaluate based on need, and will be putting that together in my recommendation. We have the need for both additional fields for Cards and Transactions. We also have the need for better lookups, additional windows, and windows for other data we track...

Accounts vs Contacts and their relationship
Trying to figure out how the account and contact information is linked? You can create an account and associate it with a primary contact but when you go to the contact the account information isn't there and you have to associate it back to the account. Seems like an awful lot of work? kwagner@nltch.com Yes and no. This actually allows you to provide a "primary contact" that doesn't actually work at the account. Not as intuitive as you might expect, but actually a nice feature. "Kerri" <shoe@nlci.com> wrote in message news:%23uorcH%23SDHA.1920@TK2MSF...

The query could not be processed: Error opening data file
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks Trying other...

Query Help 04-27-07
I have a form where the user can enter from 1 to 4 different criteria in text boxes. The text boxes are: ReceiptNum, Date, BuyerName, Staff. What I'm trying to accopmplish is to run a query based on that criteria. What I want, for example, is if I'm looking for a record of all sales on 11/30/2006, then I enter this in the Date field and leave the other fields empty. All sales on that date appear, regardless of Staff. If I'm looking for all sales on 11/30/2006 by Staff John Doe, then I enter 11/30/2006 in the Date field and John Doe in the Staff field and leave the other...

delegate vs condition check
hello everyone, today i tested the speed of a delegate relaying to a function against the speed of an an if, that checks the condition of a boolean value, relaying to a function (the code is attached at the end of this post). in my test it turned out, the delegate was twice as fast as checking the boolean. this lead me to the conclusion, that whenever object behavior depends on values, known from time of construction, it is faster to compose an object (compose of delegates and/or other objects) at construction time, rather than checking condition(s) every time an object is used. ...

EDC vs Tender Summary Report
Why would the credit card totals for the EDC report and the totals for the Tender Summary Report differ? The EDC report is correct, the tender summary report is missing a transaction. One customer used 2 credit cards to pay and only 1 of those cards shows on Tender Summar. Was there an error while processing a 401? "360" wrote: > Why would the credit card totals for the EDC report and the totals for the > Tender Summary Report differ? The EDC report is correct, the tender summary > report is missing a transaction. One customer used 2 credit cards to pay and >...

How to create a report based on multiple queries
Hi all, I am trying to create a report based on 30 queries . These 30 queries are based on one table. When I use the Report wizard and select more than one query I get the message " You have chosen fields from record source which the wizard can't connect. You may have chosen fields from a table and from a query based on that table. If so try choosing fields from only tha table or only the query". I do not know what to do.? Any guidance will help thanks, Dave On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:21:02 -0700, davidstevans@gmail.com wrote: >Hi all, > >I am trying to create a rep...