BOM & Edit List

Hi,

I created an Assembly transaction and printed it from the Assembly
transaction entry window before posting it.
In the posting journal that prints it does not print the Assemble cost,
extended assemble cost, Unit cost of the components and the extended cost.

But if i post the transaction then the same posting journal is printed with
the costs.

Why does it not print?

Please let me know

Thanks
Dev

0
anon5912 (12)

It only pulls posted costs, like other Great Plains edit lists including
items. You will need to modify the report to include costs.

"Dev" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created an Assembly transaction and printed it from the Assembly
> transaction entry window before posting it.
> In the posting journal that prints it does not print the Assemble cost,
> extended assemble cost, Unit cost of the components and the extended cost.
>
> But if i post the transaction then the same posting journal is printed with
> the costs.
>
> Why does it not print?
>
> Please let me know
>
> Thanks
> Dev

0
CharlesAllen (483)

BOM
How can I write a formula to sum only the level 1 costs on my BOM if i have multiple level 1? ...

PS2007: My Tasks View
We are new at implementing MS Project 2007 Server. Within the desktop application, we are using a simple project update plan (Actual Start, Actual Duration, Remaining Duration, Actual Finish). I would like to setup the My Tasks view on the server to allow similar updates. I can add these fields and they are visible in the view but it does not allow me to edit the Actual or Remaining Durations. Is there something I need to change in the configuration to allow these fields to be "editable" in the My Tasks view? If I use Actual Work and Remaining Work, those I can change bu...

Hooking/editing the caption of a dialog
I asked a couple days ago about ascertaining if a file was read-only and got good help. Thanks to the responders. If a file is a read-only file, I would like to communicate that to the user of the dialog MFC app. My preference would be to get ahold of the caption of the dialog that is being executed and append "Read only" to the string. That's what Microsoft Word does - at least something like that. When I create the dialog, I right click on it and select "Properties." Then the string that I enter is put in a resource file. Any ideas how to get ahold of that caption...

using only partial of dropdown list
I have a named range of cells (called xcodes) in a single column that is in the following format: D123 - Department Text Description Here. All entries have 4 characters proceeded with a description just as above. The 4 characters are also unique. What I would like to do is display the entire string but only the leftmost 4 characters would be accepted as the value for that cell the data validation is applied. I have tried using the formula within data validation as: =Left(range("xcodes"),4) but that returns an error. Any ideas how to accomplish this? (Excel 2003 version). On Apr 17...

How to include new columns in list view Customisation
Hi, I wonder whether there is a way to include new columns in the list view beyond the set of fields offered out of the box. For instance I am keen on getting the Customer Prioirty field from cards to come on the Advanced Distribution Transactions list view under the sales order teansactions on Sales series. Thanks I don't see a way to add Customer Priority in the Sales list views, but you can definitely add in to the Sales Transactions SmartList. Not sure if that helps in this particular case, as you may not be able to duplicate all the filters from the Advanced Distribution Tr...

Dropdown list question
How do I choose more than 1 value from a dropdown list? Is this possible? For example if a, b, c etc are in the dropdown list, how do I choose a and b so that the cell value will be a b? Hi You can only do this if you have ab as one of your entries in the list e.g. a,ab,ac,b,ba,bc,c,ca,cb Regards Roger Govier pennyrod wrote: > How do I choose more than 1 value from a dropdown list? Is this possible? > > For example if a, b, c etc are in the dropdown list, how do I choose a and > b so that the cell value will be a b? > > You can do this with programming. There&...

BOM cost if mfg BOM entry window
I have GP 8 with manufacturing, in the BOM entry window a BOM cost is displayed. I am using Average perpetual valuation method. Can anyone tell me how this BOM cost is calculated? When I click the calculator , nothing happens. The BOM cost does not equal the sum of all the components. Thanks in advance! -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! By the way, I am using multi level BOMs, and I need to know how the phantom items fit into the calculation. -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! "Sheri Salomone" wrote: > I have GP 8 with manufacturing, in the BOM entry window a BOM cost is > displayed. ...

Clearing List Boxes
I am working on a project in which one list box will populate the nex through vlookups. The only problem is that if you change one of th boxes previous to another it does not clear them therefore they contai false values. Any ideas on how to make the boxes clear when selectin any of the previous boxes -- Kevin Willhoi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kevin Willhoit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2441 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38012 Hi I don't know! But I can...

Printing problem
This may also relate to scrolling. An Edit control under Win9x/Me can only hold 65535 characters of text, whereas one under W2K/XP can hold over 2 billion. That has caused me a problem. I've had users to try to drop more text into my Edit control (in an EditView) than will fit in it. I worked around that by checking the length of the incoming text against the buffer, removing lines at the top of the buffer if needed to provide space, then putting the incoming text into the control at the bottom. That worked, but I lose the text that is taken out of the buffer. The problem I have is that ...

Access 2007 Runtime Bug
I have a combo control and have specified a "List items edit form". The edit button appears fine when running a full version of Access 2007, but does not appear when I distribute this to clients using the runtime version. -- Peter Schmidt ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

BOM Query for multi-level BOMs
We've been trying to use the Basic BOM With Standard Cost report to get the details needed to set standard costs on some of our finished goods. The BOMs are several layers deep with some sub-assemblies set as Regular BOMs and some set as Phantoms. The primary temp table used by the report doesn't provide this information (whether the sub BOM is regular or phantom). I've tried adding the BOM Line table but have not come up with a join that gets around what the primary temp table shows. So, is it possible to create a view/query that can essentially recreate an exploded BO...

Edit View Problem
My form called "Jobs" has a Combo box that shows me my client list (from my table "Clients"), I choose which client this job is for. The Client ID (PR) is stored in my "Jobs" table but not the Client Name. When I open my "Jobs" form in add view I see the Client Name but in "Edit" view I see just the ID. I need to see the client Name instead. how do I do this. Thanks for your help, in advance. Added info, sorry. I use 2 forms based from the same table "Jobs". When I add jobs I use my form "New Jobs" and when I edit ...

Incorrect Balance Amount on Account List Page
The account list page shows the balance of one of my credit card's incorrectly. If however, I click on the credit card account, it shows the correct amount owed. Also, if I sort by unreconciled transactions, it shows the incorrect amount listed on the account list page. I tried reconciling all of these charges but still get the incorrect amount. Has anyone seen this before? In microsoft.public.money, James wrote: >The account list page shows the balance of one of my credit card's >incorrectly. If however, I click on the credit card account, it shows the >correct amoun...

Forms, Fields, and Restricted Editing
[This post applies, at least, to Wd2007 and Wd2010.] If I use the content controls under the developer toolbar, I can restrict editing (also under the developer toolbar) so the user can just tab through the places he/she needs to enter information. On a different model, I can insert ASK fields and REF fields so that the user enters information in response to prompts, and the info becomes replicated at various places throughout the document. But it does not appear that I can restrict editing *and* use ASK and REF fields in an online form. So here's my problem: is it possible--...

how do i make square bullets for a check off list.
Format - Bullets and numbering -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "howard" <howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA667D1-A518-44C5-A644-EAE6EADC37F8@microsoft.com... > ...

Pricing updates for a Manufactured BOM?
Hello: A new GP 10.0 Manufacturing client of ours says that it would be nice if there were a utility in GP that updates the pricing of a bill of materials based on price changes of a component in that bill of material. Is there such a thing in GP Manufacturing? I know that GP Inventory has the Price List Wizard but that does not work for the client because (a) the Price List Wizard does not update a bill of material based on component price change and (b) the client would like to change the price based on the profit margin desired. Aside from that question, is there even a utility av...

Edit a word in many publisher files
> I need to change one word in a few hundred documents in Publisher. > I can: > open each file>Ctrl'M'>highlight and paste the text> save and open the next. > This is very lengthy, surely somone will have some software to do bulk > changes to a large numbr of files.Pleasehelp me if you can ...

Edit my VBA code please?
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to make this code for the workbook itself not the worksheet. The code worked perfectly on the worksheet, but when I tried to copy it into the workbook VBA, and change the word "Worksheet" into "Workbook," it didn't work :( From: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Into: Private Sub Workbook_Change(ByVal Target As Range) The workbook I'm working on contains about 30 worksheets and having the VBA code copied onto each worksheet has considerably slowed down the file. I was thinking that it ...

Making changes in a drop down list
I have edited the Accounts form to reflect different payment terms/options. I have saved the form, but the change does not appear when I go to fill out a new account. I have checked the XML of the form and the changes are there but never appear. What am I missing? Publish your changes with CRM Deployment Manager (Root - Right Click - Tasks - Publish ) Then restart IIS. ...

Omit BOM in XMLDocument.save
How do I get the following code to not put the Unicode BOM in the file. If the attribute ecoding=UTF-8 exists, it will put the BOM in the file. objXMLDocument = New XmlDocument objXMLDocument.Load("C:\test.xml") 'change the xml file objXMLDocument.Save("C:\test.xml") Hi Scot If you are persisting as UTF-8, then of course you will have the byte order mark. Could you explain what the problem is with it? One thing you could do is use an encoding like ISO-8859-1 if you don't want the BOM. Nigel Armstrong &qu...

PS2007 Risk list as a list template
An over zealous PS 2007 Administrator has changed the Owner column type in the Risk and Issue logs. Having lived with the PS Queue errors for several months (during which time lots of Project Workspaces have been created), they now want to resolve the error. It's not as simple as resetting the 'type' to 'Person or Group' (sadly) as there seems no way to do this in the 'Settings' page. I have created a list template from the supplied Microsoft Project Workspace SharePoint template with a view to replacing the defective lists and, whilst I can now cre...

member initialization list
I'm trying to initialize a member (defined in a class) while constructor is running but compiler complains for "=". Can you advise me on this please? how can I assing the Num to m_Num ? CChild::CChild( int Num, CWnd* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(CChild::IDD, pParent), m_Num = Num <==== here { //{{AFX_DATA_INIT(CChild) // NOTE: the ClassWizard will add member initialization here //}}AFX_DATA_INIT } regards, Thanks I got it! it should have a syntax as m_Num(Num) regards, "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eFq5P1GuEHA.135...

BOMs
We are looking at migrating our manufacturing process into great plains by adding the manufacturing, mrp modules into our existing GP v8.0 SOL 2000 install. I am just wondering how the BOMS would be imported...can you use integration manager??? Tami Last I looked there was not a manufacturing link from IM. However, there is a direct to tables link that could be used. DTS might be just as easy. BTW.....If you start using GP Manufacturing, check out our soon to be released Manufacturing Cost Accounting book on our web site. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP http://www....

Message -- Worksheet xls. is locked for editing. What is this?
I cannot view or change the data in my worksheet because I am getting this message. Why, and how do I unlock it? Thanks for your help. gman gman Has someone else got the file open? If not........... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still open and locked for editing. You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up. If not, after a re-boot, clear out your Windows\Temp folder. If using WinXP ...