Bill Of Materials - Assemble Quantity

Hi,
  I have a Bill of Material set up for a client that has one subassembly
with a Cost Type set up as "Setup" and Design Quantity as 1, and 10 other
components that have a Cost Type as "Per Unit". The normal Batch run is for
an Assemble Quantity of 200.

When an item is assembled (transactions --> Inventory --> Assembly entry),
everything goes fine if the design Quantity for the subassembly remains as 1.

 The issue is when there is a batch run that utilizes only half of the
design quantity (Assemble Quantity = 100 in this case), the user goes and
changes the Assemble Quantity to 0.5 for the subassembly that has the Cost
Type as "SetUp". When this is processed, the components used for the sub
assembly come up correctly (that is only half the qty is used), BUT the
Finished Good's Current Cost is calculated by 200 and not 100, hence the
Current Cost is not right.

  Any help is appreciated.

Regards
--
Masood
0

Masood-

First, I verified your problem, and am able to get the same results.  It
appears that if you change the Assemble Qty in the scrolling window to a
value less than one, the system divides by the quantity to calculate the "per
peice" cost.  This looks like a bug to me.

As a work around: what if you change the subassembly item to be Per Unit and
have the design qty be 0.005?

Brenner

visit us at www.WilloWare.com

"Masood Mahmood" wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have a Bill of Material set up for a client that has one subassembly
> with a Cost Type set up as "Setup" and Design Quantity as 1, and 10 other
> components that have a Cost Type as "Per Unit". The normal Batch run is for
> an Assemble Quantity of 200.
>
> When an item is assembled (transactions --> Inventory --> Assembly entry),
> everything goes fine if the design Quantity for the subassembly remains as 1.
>
>  The issue is when there is a batch run that utilizes only half of the
> design quantity (Assemble Quantity = 100 in this case), the user goes and
> changes the Assemble Quantity to 0.5 for the subassembly that has the Cost
> Type as "SetUp". When this is processed, the components used for the sub
> assembly come up correctly (that is only half the qty is used), BUT the
> Finished Good's Current Cost is calculated by 200 and not 100, hence the
> Current Cost is not right.
>
>   Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards
> --
> Masood
Hi Brenner,
  I have found a solution to the problem. Whenever I was entering an
Assembly entry I was entering a quantity under Stock Quantity too.
Example: When we have half a batch to be made, I was entering 0.5 under
Stock Quantity as well as under Assemble Quantity. Doing this calculates the
cost according to the whole setup and not half.

  Leaving the Stock Quantity as it is (in this case 0) would calculate the
costs correctly(i.e. just enter the Assemble Quantity as 0.5 or whatever
fraction the batch is being assembled).

Regards

Masood

  Thanks for the reply.
--
Masood

"Brenner Klenzman, MVP" wrote:

> Masood-
>
> First, I verified your problem, and am able to get the same results.  It
> appears that if you change the Assemble Qty in the scrolling window to a
> value less than one, the system divides by the quantity to calculate the "per
> peice" cost.  This looks like a bug to me.
>
> As a work around: what if you change the subassembly item to be Per Unit and
> have the design qty be 0.005?
>
> Brenner
>
> visit us at www.WilloWare.com
>
> "Masood Mahmood" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   I have a Bill of Material set up for a client that has one subassembly
> > with a Cost Type set up as "Setup" and Design Quantity as 1, and 10 other
> > components that have a Cost Type as "Per Unit". The normal Batch run is for
> > an Assemble Quantity of 200.
> >
> > When an item is assembled (transactions --> Inventory --> Assembly entry),
> > everything goes fine if the design Quantity for the subassembly remains as 1.
> >
> >  The issue is when there is a batch run that utilizes only half of the
> > design quantity (Assemble Quantity = 100 in this case), the user goes and
> > changes the Assemble Quantity to 0.5 for the subassembly that has the Cost
> > Type as "SetUp". When this is processed, the components used for the sub
> > assembly come up correctly (that is only half the qty is used), BUT the
> > Finished Good's Current Cost is calculated by 200 and not 100, hence the
> > Current Cost is not right.
> >
> >   Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
> > --
> > Masood
0
masood (6)

monthly billing
I have a copy of Money 2000 business and personal, and I would like to know if the is a way to automatically create a quarterly bill. We have a small home owners group (40 homes)and once a quarter we send out bills using money. Currently we have to create a single invoice for every home owner, but the procing and the and the intervals are all the same. The process seem very redundant, is there an easier way??? ...

Bills summary balance missing
In Money 2005, the Bills Summary screen contained a balance that would update based on the selected bill(s). In Money 2006, this balance no longer appears. Does anyone know why this may have gone away or how to re-enable it? I am thinking this might have to do with a new feature of Money 2006 ("New! Manage bills easily. Money 2006 Deluxe allows you to pay multiple bills from multiple accounts all at once"). That's nice, but what about folks who pay bills from just one account--say, a checking account? There is a link to "View current balances" that shows bal...

The "Bills" palette
How can I put in some bills that aren't going to be automatically charged through MSMoney. All I want is for my bills to have a reminder set for me. The money is already being automatically pulled from my checking account. All I want Money to do is to remind me that their dates are coming up. It's too fancy. "PeterBBailey" <PeterBBailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:33E48A73-87D1-4164-A5A3-1E5E360EB27D@microsoft.com... > How can I put in some bills that aren't going to be automatically = charged=20 > through MSMoney. All I want is for...

Is there a billing legder template for excel
where can I find a billing ledger template for excel Steve Have a look at the templates under Accounting or Business found at the MS Template Gallery http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx May be what you need. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:28:01 -0700, StevieDuzIt <StevieDuzIt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >where can I find a billing ledger template for excel ...

How to add the quantity shipped to date to the puchase order form
When reprinting the purchase order, after partial shipments have been received, we would like to have the remaining quantity printed instead of the original quantity. The purchase order should reflect the quantities not yet received. Can anyone tell me in which table this field is stored or how to get it in the po form? -- Cindy Pool Cindy, This info is stored in POP10500 - Purchasing Receipt Line Quantities. You'll have to add this table to the PO Form definition in Report Writer and then add a couple of calculated fields to display the 'yet to be received' quantity. H...

Project Billing screen should not show employee costs
On th eTime and Materials Billing screen, there has been a problem not showing the employee/consultants costs when doing the billing. A nice feature would be to have a checkbox for employers not to certain employee costs. That way the employees/consultants can help do the billings. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsr...

Why the bills is so slow ?
I have a fast machine P4 3.0 Ghz with 1 gig RAM. I wonder why Money 2005 Premium is so slow compare to Money 2004. When I go in the Bills and record a bill it takes a lot of time before the action is finish. Also every month I buy Mutual Funds so I set up a buy from my check account in the Bills section. So when I record these buys it takes like 10 seconds to make the buy in Money ! Why it takes so much time ? it's only a buy from a check account ? Well i really think that Microsoft should speed up Money 2005 ! Lucky I have a fast machine because with my old PIII 600 I would uninsta...

money 2005
Hi Everyone, I haven't received my copy of money 2005 yet (suppose to ship soon) so was wondering if the problem in bill and deposits where the next occurrence of an apay etc. will sometimes list several months in the future. Has this been corrected or fixed? Thanks Jim Hello Jim: You wrote in conference microsoft.public.money on Sun, 19 Sep 2004 06:21:47 -0500: JJ> I haven't received my copy of money 2005 yet (suppose to ship soon) so JJ> was wondering if the problem in bill and deposits where the next JJ> occurrence of an apay etc. will sometimes list several...

Billing in CRM
any Ideas on How I can Build a Billing Modul in MS CRM3. it is Billing that Need to Take Place monthly . Thank you for any feedback ...

Syncing bills between Money '05 and MSN Money #2
I've setup Money 2005 to sync with MSN Money. Now all of my bills show up on my MSN Money home page. I've been waiting for this a long time. When I go to the Bills To-Do List, however, I can't make payments. The top of the page says, "to setup up a bill to be paid online, click Set up to pay online. If you have already paid a bill and want to remove the reminder, click bill paid." There is no "Set up to pay online" item to click or a "Bill paid" item to click. When I go to the payment center, I can't even see my bill list. What am I missing...

Old bill shows up instead of new bill
Good morning... when i download my new transctions from my bank money 2003 canadian seems to assign my auto insurance payments to previous insurer, not the one currently setup with automatic bills in Bills & Payments. so everytime i do a download i have to go and delete all the instances (usually the last four) that got imported. any ideas how i can get money to recognize these payments in the downloaded transactions should be associated with my current auto insurer; not the previous one? and then not re-enter old transactions and associate new transactions correctly? -- ...

Trouble with Bill Pay
I signed up for Bill Pay and provided my default checking account for bills to be paid from. I then noticed that Money added the account automatically, even though it already existed in my account list. I tried Merge Accounts, but I don't see the new account as one I can merge. I don't want two accounts for the same checking account, so I deleted the one that was created. Now when I go into Bill Pay, it says I need to sign up. When Bill Pay adds the account to Money, is there an easy way to transfer all of the records from my old account into the one that's linked to Bil...

Adding Values to Contract Billing Frequency Drop-Down Menu
I just added the a value to the Contract Billing Frequency Drop-Down Menu via: MSCRM>Settings>System Customization>Contract Customization>Customize Form The problem now is that when making our Contract Templates, this new values doesn't appear. Of course I can't to customize the "Contract Template Form" to add this value here to, but shouldn't it refer to the same drop-down menu? How do I make this work? Thanks, SturE hi Sture Van de moortel, did you publish your changes with the deployment manager and reset the iis? I hope this helps Andreas Donaubauer...

Scheduling bills
Howdy! I'm using Microsoft Money 2006. I would like to schedule upcoming bills paid by check and paid as an electronic draft from checking. However, if I schedule the bill in the Bill Summary and mark it paid there, then when I download transaction updates from my bank Money deducts the payment twice from my checking account balance. The only way I have found to "resolve" this is to not schedule the bill and just download the transaction. However, this doesn't let me see my planned spending for the month and I can't trust my bank balance since not all of my checks hav...

calendar does not show paid bills/transactions
When viewing the calendar for previous months, completed bill payments or transactions do not appear for previous dates. How to I change this. I have recently upgraded to Money 04 and never had this problem before. Thanks for any assistance! ...

Stuck in Contract Billing
We are on GP version 9 sp 2. using the FieldService Contract module. We have several old contracts that show up on the Transactions-Contract Administration-Contract Billing screen. If you try to invoice them GP hangs. We have tried letting it run for over a weekend but it just won't process and keeps showing in the billing screen. Is there a file maintenance routine for Contracts or Field Service? I need to find a way to remove these old contracts. Thanks, David ...

better options for time billing
there should be more options on better handling time billing for professional services like accountants and financial planners ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?m...

Product bill-of-material structure
Does anyone know about some third-party SW, which extends the MS-CRM product model to include a bill-of-material structure? In our current CRM system we can associate accessories with various models - think about a car and various options you can buy with a specific car model. Does anyone know if this will be available in version 2.0? Regards, Per ...

Remove quantity on order
Hi, Often times I have noticed that if you delete an item from the PO and then receive the rest of it, the quantity 'On order' for that item does not change. As a result, that particular item does not come up for reorder. Does anyone out there have a solution for this problem? Any help is appreciated. Regards JD If that is the case this would be a BUG. Please report it to Microsoft Afshin -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "JD" wrote: > Hi, > Often times I have noticed that if you delete an item from the PO and then > receive the rest of it, the quantit...

setup loan acct then bills & deposits don't register properly
Money 2004. How do I setup Loan Account type Morgtage so that 'Money enters this transaction in the account register from which you pay the loan and in the register for your loan account, if you have one', as Money 2004 help it will do but doesn't. I used Account Setup to setup Loan Account type Mortgage. My payment is setup as a split. I split into Housing: Mortgage Principal; Housing:Mortgage Interest; Insurance:Life; and Housing: Escrow Account. I make payment using my Bank Account. When I created the new account all payments automatically populated the Loan and Liabilit...

service billing 06-16-06
Hi there, I am trying to figure out how to use Microsoft CRM in our specific situation. We are supplying service to our customers and there are service contracts with usually no credit for service. And there is about 6 service jobs with different hourly rate. Is there in Microsoft CRM a possibility to automaticky bill the client by selecting the service job? The idea is that the service person solving the case will select the service job or jobs supplied to the client and the system automatically calculates the price (rate*time) and bills the client. Thanks for any help Pavel Kotek ...

MSN Bill Pay
I'm having problems settings up e-bill service for my credit cards (which both qualify for the it, as indicated by the symbol and link) Setting up e-bills for various other utilities worked fine, they are now "active", yet when clicking on the link in Money 2005 for the credit card e-bill I get the form from another e-bill. On Moneycentral.com doing the same I get an error message saying that it is unable to send request to the payee at this time. Any Ideas? Same thing happens to me; must not be working at the moment. "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Scheduled Bills & Deposits, MSN Bill Pay, e-Bills
I can't figure out how to get M03 to recognize a scheduled bill (setup in Scheduled Bills & Deposits), as being paid when I have the bill setup as an e-bill in MSN Bill Pay, and I pay the e-Bill in MSN Bill Pay (i.e., I don't do click 'Enter into Regiater...' in Money, but rather I click Pay in MSN Bill Payment Center). The payment entry from MSN Bill Pay appears in M03 in the correct bank checking account within a few minutes of clicking 'Pay' in Bill Pay, but I have to manually 'skip this occurance' in the Scheduled Bills & Deposits screens to ...

Material Requirement Planning Tool
Can some one kind advise me how I can buld a Material Requiremen Planning tool with excel. All does anyone got links to templates that can use. Thank you in advance. Fr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Fra - > Can some one kind advise me how I can buld a Material Requirement Planning tool with excel. All does anyone got links to templates that I can use. Thank you in advance. < Have you tried typing "MRP Excel" into google? If so, have you looked at the first hit: http://www.production-scheduling.com/MRP.asp - Mike Thanks for the reply. but the goo...

Pay bill with a credit card
This is what I'm looking to do: Pay a recurring bill with a credit card (maybe use the drop-down list with "epay" "apay" "write check" , etc). I would hope this would somehow put an entry in my credit card account, which would be "matched" when I download the credit card statement. I am hoping the credit card account could act more like a checking account in this way. Is this possible to do, or will Money have to be changed as a program for this function. I currently pay a couple bills that I get online (like phone) with my Visa (which gives me...