Beginner Here!

Hello,

I'm looking for decent internet resources to learn how to use Great Plains
software. I'm a VB developer starting a new job with a company that uses GP,
but I've never used it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason,
Your best bet is to read through the manuals that come on
the Great Plains cd. Then log into the sample company and
try each transaction type, report option etc. It's just
sample data so you can't hurt anything. This hands on
approach is the best way to learn the system.
We provide personlized one on one training via remote
hookup, in Great Plains and Dexterity(the language Great
Plains is written in). If you would like to discuss this
option feel free to send contact information to
info@logicalsolutionsllc.com and I'll give you a call.

0
anonymous (74722)
3/25/2005 7:21:02 PM
Jason, welcome to Great Plains world.

After take a look to manuals you can enter into Customer Source at Microsoft
Business Solutions site to find out more deep information. As you are a VB
developmer you can find that using VBA for customizations may be the first
step to you. Samples can be found at Customer Source.

If need some additional advice feel free to ask at this news group.

Regards, Takashi

"Lost!" <Lost!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for decent internet resources to learn how to use Great Plains
> software. I'm a VB developer starting a new job with a company that uses
GP,
> but I've never used it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

0
tarikuma (52)

Is there help for beginners?
I just bought this wonderful computer from Dell, and Microsoft Outlook came with it. I cannot figure out how to use it! I can get email, but I cannot send it! It stays in the Outbox forever, and when I try to send it from there, I'm told it's not possible. Aren't there any beginner tutorials I can look at? I really could use some help! Thanks! -- drexlori In news:A1E6C03C-FCA4-4125-B97A-B4515798D670@microsoft.com, drexlori <drexlori@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I just bought this wonderful computer from Dell, and Microsoft > Outlook came with it. I cannot...

Help for a Beginner Among Beginners
Hello, would anyone kindly point me in the general direction of a solution to a very basic database question (I'm not even sure where to ask)? I have a small consulting company of a dozen employees, with no IT dept. We have info from approx 1000 clients stored in an Access 2000 database which is 10MB in size. A former employee made a simple form, which we populate with client info, and we just add records. The file is on a file server, and all 12 of us access it simultaneously. Recently, I hired a guy to setup a VPN, so that employees can add data to the database while on the road. Howeve...

Earn $200 per day without a website
Tired of wasting your time & hard earned money on "intelligent" programs which promise to make you rich overnight? Then read on, because I am going to show you............. How I made over $2000 in just 10 days using a ridiculously stupid technique I stole from my own affiliate Click the following link to see the entire procedure explained step-by- step. http://www.showroute.com/odp I Got MY Own ATM. J http://www.showroute.com/odp Wilson. ...

Excel 2003-Beginner
I'm using Excel 2003. Sorry, I'm if not explaining this well. I'm trying to put information in a column that comes from another worksheet in the same book but it depends on what is entered in 2 other columns in the first worksheet. I'll try to give complete info: Let's say Column A asks you to pick 1 of 5 gems: Agate, Turquoise, Garnet, Diamond, Pearl Let's say Column B asks you to pick 1 of 6 Countries: US, Can, UK, China, Japan, Germany The other worksheet has a table with data (its a number in each cell) representing all the possible permutatio...

Beginner Here!
Hello, I'm looking for decent internet resources to learn how to use Great Plains software. I'm a VB developer starting a new job with a company that uses GP, but I've never used it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason Jason, Your best bet is to read through the manuals that come on the Great Plains cd. Then log into the sample company and try each transaction type, report option etc. It's just sample data so you can't hurt anything. This hands on approach is the best way to learn the system. We provide personlized one on one training via r...

XPath beginners question
I have limited experience of XML and I am trying to use XPath to get at all <tag4> elements given a certain value for <tag3> (see my example below : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <tag1> <tag2> <tag3> <tag4> <tag4> <tag4> </tag2> <tag2> <tag3> <tag4> <tag4> </tag2> </tag1> Any assistance would be really appreciated. Cheers, Mike *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENE...

Beginners question
I do not understand the following. Please try it and you will see what I mean. I create a brand new project starting on Mon 31/11/2009. I do not change any default settings. I create a task called "Project" and create 2 subtasks both with a duration of 5 days and link them. Why does the second task start on Fri 04/12/2009? And not on the Mon 07/12/2009? Task 1 starts on Mon and finishes on Fri. But Task 2 starts on Fri and finishes on Fri. ???..... I really don't understand how this can be right --- or helpful! If I create a further 2 tasks, again with 5 d...

Beginner: Adding additional domains
Hi EveryOne, I have a small network (actually a test network at home) where I have installed Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition (Evaluation version) and Exchange 2003... I have configured my domain abc.local... I installed Exchange without any problems... Everything is working fine... except that I couldn't find how to configure Exchange to accept my domains abc.net and abc.com... Searching on google (How to add a second domain to Exchange) didn't provide me a lot of help. Thanks in advance for your help! Regards, BY You should add additional domains in the recipient po...

(beginner) getch
Hello i have a problem in VC++ i cant detect the alt key when pressed with the function getch.... please i want a function which get a flag when a alt+a key pressed for example (in C++) I have windows 2000 "kanaan" <kanaan81@hotmail> wrote in message news:0f4101c36d73$1137c4c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > i have a problem in VC++ i cant detect the alt key when > pressed with the function getch.... > > please i want a function which get a flag when a alt+a key > pressed for example (in C++) > > I have windows 2000 ooooo, getch... haven'...

Book for a windows/c++/mfc beginner...
Hi, I have previous coding experience, but not in the windows environment and not in C/C++. I have just got a copy of MS Visual C++ Express and want to learn how to code C++ for Windows. As I understand it I need to use MFC for the windows stuff, and without it Visual C++ would just be command prompt based? Is that correct? If so then I need a book that teaches me MFC and C++, preferably in the Visual C++ environment... Which is the best book/books for this? Thanks. anon418600J5 wrote: > Hi, > > I have previous coding experience, but not in the windows environment and...

A Couple of Beginner Questions
1. Where can I learn how to write Macros? 2. I know how to create new "tabs" in Excel. Can I create a "tab" that is a subtab? For instance, if my workbook consists of a "tab"(spreadsheet) named "Colors" and another spreadsheet named "Shapes", how do I create subcategories of the spreadsheet "Colors" and name them Black, Blue, Yellow etc.? "Shapes" and "Colors" are two spreadsheets that need to be subdivided into smaller spreadsheets. 3. I need to remove a group of checkboxes that are layered one on ...

beginners
I've never used excel before. Are the courses list in the order in which I should learn? If not which one should I start with? Con9 Which courses list are you referring to? Some basic Excel tutorials on-line. http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm Microsoft Training Courses. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:48:05 -0800, "Con9" <Con9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've never used excel before. Are the courses list in the order in which I &...

Beginner Tutorial
Hi, Find a beginner tutorial on MFC on my website. -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com ...

Beginner to GUI
HI, a quick question, I am a fairly experienced C++ and Java programmer (console, swing and DirectX). But I have no experience using VC++ to build a GUI. I have created an MFC project, but do not know what to do next. I can see how to create dialogs an d maybe show them, but how do I add something to the main frame?? I am trying to create a tabbed user interface. On each tab "pane" I want a series of components. How to I go about createing this tabbed pane on the "main frame". In Jbuilder (yes I know its Java+ Swing NOT C++ + MFC), I just selected the main frame in...

Beginner Question for Dialog
hi, there I have created a dialog box project. 1. How to prevent user from exiting the dialog window when pressing the enter or escape key? 2. Now there is an edit control on that dialog. How to trigger the "enter key press" event provided that point 1 is involved? Thank you very much!!! > 1. How to prevent user from exiting the dialog window when pressing the > enter or escape key? Look here for various ways to do this: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231075 > 2. Now there is an edit control on that dialog. How to trigger the "enter > key p...

a beginners question!
What is mfc?!! Can we work with vc++6 without using mfc, can we create windows, buttons and so on without mfc? I am confused, help please yass wrote: > Can we work with vc++6 without using mfc, can we create windows, buttons and > so on without mfc? Yes, yes, yes, yes. MFC is a rather in-depth library of classes that make Windows programming (especially GUI stuff) easier than writing programs in traditional C style using pure Win32 methods. It encapsulates Windowing, the GDI, files, directories, serialization, sockets, threads, and so on. Worth checking out if you have the t...

MFC beginner question
Hi, I want to bulid a MFC Dialog program that display a full screen image 5 sec, I tried to use VC to do it but I don't know where I can paste the code in.(Becase I haven't use MFC before) The program is no action(I don't know where is the main()), it is just for Sleep(5000), so where can I paste the code there? any how to add image into Dialog? Thanks for help calendarw <calendarw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143103369.274943.248140@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to bulid a MFC Dialog program that display a full screen image > 5 sec, I...

ODBC For A Beginner
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel This is my first excursion into Excel. What prompted it is that I have an Excel list (names, addresses, ages, etc. of homeowners). Basically, I want to cull the list (select, say, those over 45 years old), and then copy these selected homeowners onto a new spreadsheet. <br><br>As I got one or two steps into it, a message appeared that I'd need something called &quot;ODBC&quot;. In the brief search I've done so far (on Mactopia) it looks like there are two companies that sell the stuff (can...

Im a beginner
I don't understand what it is asking " who is the outgoing mail server such as " to set up the email account what email service do you use ? What is after the @ sign ??? -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices the normal email address that i have is yahoo.com "Laura" wrote: > what email service do you use ? > What is after the @ sign ??? > > -- > Laura Rooke > MVP - Mobile Devices > > > this shows you how to do it and the names of your servers - you will need a paid yahoo account. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011133...

Beginner Question
Hi, I'm new to excel, attempting to create a chart that will show a comparison of information. I'm not sure that the data infor. is setup right either. I have the data table setup as follows: Month/Year Sat./Date Sun./Date *Dialysis Other Total Trips FTE's Sept. '06 2 20 31 51 8 Sept. '06 3 0 37 37 7 Sept. '06 9 32 32 64 7 Sept. '06 10 25 35 60 7 I want to show any increases or decreases between Sat. and Sun. dates, but am ...

Beginner Question
I have used OE for my e-mail for a long time, but am considering changing to Outlook. I now have a need to develop and maintain a moderate sized client contact database and I understand that newer versions of Outlook have such capabilities. Aside from the contact database, what advantages are there to using Outlook compared to Outlook Express? - Magnusfarce Hey, I am a beginner at the newsgroup. I suppose the most advantages for Outlook come on a local network where you have multiple users, shared permissions, shared calendars, that sort of thing. Aside from that, it gives you Micros...

Beginner question
I installed Server 2003 Small Business, then Exchange 2003 Standard. When I created the Windows domain it was abc.com. The users want their email addresses to be user@xyz.com. The company owns the XYZ.com domain name. I had the MX record changed to point to their static IP. i allowed the corect ports on the firewall. But where in Exchange administration do i configure the XZY.com email addresses. I al ready changed each user profiles email to user@xyz.com. When I try to send to it I get bounce saying the message could not be relayed. I did test for open relay, not an issue. Modify the ...

[beginner] Interprocess comunication
Hi all, I am an advanced Linux user and windows beginner. How do I see what are all the IPC channels open on my Windows computer? I am using XP SP 2. In Linux, I would have typed "ipcs" to look for the information. How do I do it in Windows? Is there a command? How do I do it programmatically? thanks for helping out, --Sudhakar What kind of IPC you mean? Named pipes, unnamed pipes? What this information is useful for? What is the larger problem you're trying to solve in Windows? "Sudhakar Govindavajhala" <sudhakarg79_re_move_me@hotmail.com> wr...

Anybody have a suggestion on a good beginner on asp.net
I have been working with win forms C# for 1.5 years and xml. I have not been using any kind of web development or html so I'm totaly new to asp.net. I want a suggestion for a good book on asp.net for a newbie like me //Tony I would strongly suggest the following: ASP.NET 3.5 Unleashed by Stephen Walther When I first started learning ASP.NET, I had almost no experience in .NET, web or desktop, other than an extremely basic college course on ASP.NET 1.1, but they did very little in that. But I wanted to learn more about ASP.NET, and my professor recommended ASP.NE...

Beginner question
I am creating a query that counts how many times each classification is being used in our organization. But, I need it to pull up only the classifications that have a person in them. Here's how it looks now: Column 1: Field = Classification; Table = pos info; Total = Group By Column 2: Field = Class Code; Talbe = pos info; Total = Group By Column 3: Field = Count Of Classification: Count(*); Total = Expression I need it to pull up the Classifications that, within each same record, the field "IncumbentLast" Is Not Null. ...