Batches

I have an Invoice Entry batch that is not being used by anyone & yet it is
marked with a Busy status.  I cannot post this or change it.  Any ideas?
0
User (141)

It sounds like the batch is locked. Check on partner source with specific
version info and such. You will want to first try batch recovery and then
likely have to adjust some table records based on partner source instructions
related to your particular scenario.
gl

"New user" wrote:

> I have an Invoice Entry batch that is not being used by anyone & yet it is
> marked with a Busy status.  I cannot post this or change it.  Any ideas?
0
Doug4515 (774)

Payables batch entry problem
Hi everyone, Our payables dept has a problem with Payables Batch Entry where when they edit an existing or enter a new batch and then select computer check as the origin the post option gets grayed out. They're claiming it never was like that and that happened just recently. What could be the cause of it? I've checked the posting options under setup and nothing sticks out at me. I've also checked for stuck batches or anything that might be suspect. Thanks, -- Jim Bourque Jim, Cheque Batches do not get Posted from the Batch Entry Window, they need ...

Batch processing
I'm trying to program batch order processing for our company, but can't find info on how to do that with RMS. What would be helpful is diagram of the tables and fields that are updated when a transaction is closed. Or some documentation! Anyone know? ...

W2003, batch converter wizard: call from cmd (batch)
Hi, Working with Word 2003. I have installed the batch converter wizard and all is well. I would like to create a batch file that opens Word, calls the wizard and runs with a defined configuration, eg convert Word doc to xml, predefined source and target folders, select all. I can run a batch file to open the wizard, thus.. echo off "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Batch Conversion Wizard.Wiz" .... but I am still faced with manually selecting conversion type, sourc e and target folders, select all. I tried recording a macro calling the wizard a...

Previously Closed Bills in Quickbooks Reappear during RMS Batch Po
I am seeing previously posted and closed bills in Quickbooks Premier 2008 reappear during later posts of new batches from RMS. Anybody seen this one? Thanks, Richard ...

Missing Check Batch (Batch not hitting GL)
My client is on GP 8 and this happened 2 times already. Basically they post a batch of computer checks, they are set to post through to GL. They got an error about glpostcleanup and the batch became stuck in Batch Recovery. We 'freed' up the batch but afterwards it is nowhere to be found. The batch is not in Post Checks, not in GL Batches, not in SY00500. In both instances we had to post the checks in Bank Rec to GL. The checks did not hit BR either. This is starting to worry me. GP said to run the special upgrade procedure in GP Utilities and I ran this before my client ...

Re-number credit card batch for settling
Had a problem settling a credit card batch due to duplicate batch number. Credit card company (paymentech) keeps saying we have to re-number our batch. Batch is already gone as "settled" on my side. No error came back as "duplicate". Didn't know till we called processor. \ Also, would like duplicate receipt for debit card without a signature line and without pressing reprint. How to? Thanks Roxanne, Make a backup first. Do it again and store it somewhere else just to be safe. Contact Paymentech and find out what batch number they are looking for. *** CAUTION ...

Creating a batch file for Inventory Adjustments
I'd like to import the results of our physical inventory into an Inventory Adjustment batch. Can someone explain how to do this? The batch will consist of approx 1,000 records. Are you using a stock count schedule? if so, there is no way to do this directly. You could directly import the data into the SQL table - Ask your partner for assistance in this if you are not a DBA. HS "MrMark" <MrMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88E26CD-2503-4844-9AA9-94003208556A@microsoft.com... > I'd like to import the results of our physical inventory into...

revenue expense deferral, recurring batches
If there is a transaction that happens monthly - and there is a need to defer these, it will be very helpful is the RED feature can be available for use in recurring batches. Currently, this is not possible and it becomes inconvenient to keep on entering transactions that happen on a regular basis. Quick journals are no help as you can not defer transactions on them as well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...

Unable to recover Payables Batch through Batch Recovery.
We are unable to recover a Payables Batch we attempted to post by using Batch Recovery. When we get to the Batch Recovery screen we marked the Payables Batch and clicked on continue. When we did this we got the following error message "An open operation on table 'PM_Distribution_WORK_OPEN_TRX' has an incorrect record length." After clicking on OK we were prompted to return to Batch Recovery. When we returned to Batch Recovery we marked the Payables Batch again and clicked on continue. We then received a second error message that read as follows "An open opera...

batch marked for deletion
We have a batch that was accidentally partially deleted. we removed all sales from the batch to another batch and now when we try to delete the batch it says the batch is being edited by another user and yet it is not and it will not let us delete it from the sales batch window. Jeremey, You didn't indicate your version or platform, so this may or may not apply, but have you looked at the ClearBatchActivity.exe automated solution in CustomerSource? This generally will release the status of stuck batches, and its easy to run. Just be sure to read the notes carefully to be sure it ...

SOP Batches all going to batch recovery
Hello, I have an issue where a SOP batch always results in the: " batch was interrrupted while receiving data from another module and is available in the Batch Recovery Window." error. It is available batch recovery with a status of "Journal Printing Interrupted". Is this possibly a service pack issue? ...any ideas? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada When you recover it, does it complete posting or return to an unposted state? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Doug" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an issue where a SOP batch always...

Batch Invoice Entry
Hello, Please inform me about the following: wrt: 1 an invoice is saved in a batch from the window "Invoice Entry" 2. an invoice is saved in a batch from the window "Sales Transaction Entry" Now I would like to a. post the tranactions in the batch b. void the transaction. Hence, in case of 1 & 2 for a) & b) what are the tables that will be affected. I need to export these data using ODBC/trigger on these tables. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation, Regards, Samik. ...

Posted Batch
Hi, How can I see the posted batch, before posted? Than you Before posting the batch, click the printer icon at the top right of the window. This will show the batch as if it was posted, and if you have errors it will show them also. "Mauricio Ramirez" wrote: > Hi, > > How can I see the posted batch, before posted? > > Than you Thank you klewis, but I want to review after in a report or something like that, only to assure to me that batch was posted. Any suggestion? "klewis" wrote: > Before posting the batch, click the printer icon at the to...

Batches
I have an Invoice Entry batch that is not being used by anyone & yet it is marked with a Busy status. I cannot post this or change it. Any ideas? It sounds like the batch is locked. Check on partner source with specific version info and such. You will want to first try batch recovery and then likely have to adjust some table records based on partner source instructions related to your particular scenario. gl "New user" wrote: > I have an Invoice Entry batch that is not being used by anyone & yet it is > marked with a Busy status. I cannot post this or change ...

EDC batch missing
I have a customer that is able to process credit card successfully, but when they go to settle the EDC batch under utilites menu. There is no transactions to settle. I am able to run EDC report and it shows those transactions status open, but obivous they're missing in settlement screen. Thanks Dave Never mind. I'd fixed it by reindexing the database. Dave "DCR" wrote: > I have a customer that is able to process credit card successfully, but when > they go to settle the EDC batch under utilites menu. There is no transactions > to settle. I am able to run E...

Open Batches
I've used several RMS 1.3R "Manager" computers to temporarily test POS transaction. I no longer need to use these computers for POS but only for SO Manager. How do I get rid of the Open Batches that show up in SO Manger under Journal - Update Batch Info? As soon as I Z out the no longer used POS register(s) it automatically creates a new open batch for that register number. And these open batches show up in the Update Batch Info screen which confuses the (closing) Mangers. First of all, are your manager is performing Z out from SO Manager program ?? second you can just...

Sales Batch Entry transactions show those in that batch only
I would like to be able to restrict the view to transactions included in that batch only. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=857f4ee3-4daa-4abd-9a7b-c93d0ec36e...

posting sales batches and financial batches
We use Great Plains ver 7 for our company. When we are posting other's work we have to approve each sales batch in the sales batch entry window and click on post. Then we have to go to Financial Batch entry and find the correct entry and yet again approve and post the entry. Is there any way to do both of these steps at once? Any help would be great. Yes, there is. You need to post by batch and not by transaction in the sales module. You also need to go to posting setup for sales and the type of transaction you are posting and mark the option to "Post Through to GL." The ...

Batch file and MFC
Greetings, I am a new programmer of MS VC++. I would like to convert a batch file into an MFC dialog based Visual C++ executable program which will execute in Windows. My first question is, is this a valid approach? If so, what is best approach in setting up this program that will automatically execute large number of commands (because thats what really batch files is, executing commands in succession)? Currently, the set up I have is upon executing OnInitDlg function(which is executed automatically upon application execution), I call up another function to continue to execute commands i...

Stuck Batches
We are having a problem posting batches. They begin the posting process and then just seem to stop mid-post. I have the download that unsticks the batches but I seem to be running it every couple of days. Any ideas on what's causing the problem? Thanks First, are you printing all of the posting reports? They can give some hints. If your batches are not too large, you might try posting each transaction individually out of the batch. This is time consuming but it can point to the transaction that you need to examine. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation...

Missing Batch Source in Receivables Batches
We have a couple of Receivables batches that keep reappearing. The batches are empty (zero transactions) but they're also missing a batch source. We try to delete from the Batch Entry window but they won't go away. We can select a batch source and save the batch but then it creates another batch with the same Batch ID. So, we run a SQL script to delete these batches from the SY00500. That takes care of it for a while but they eventually reappear. Any ideas on why they keep coming back? I've looked at the transaction tables and the transactions in these batches look oka...

How select time zone in timedate.cpl? (batch command)
What single command (for use in a batch file) will change the PC's time zone to GMT+10 Is there a line command which will do this directly? ---------- I have started to look at the "Time And Date" control panel but it doesn't quite do what I want ... The following command opens the "Time And Date" control panel and selects the time zone tab. But what do I do to automatically select the GMT+10 setting and then close the control panel? rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,1 "Jonno" <johnno@mail.invalid> s...

Fixed Assets should send more detailed batches to GL
One frustrating thing about auditing Fixed Asset batches in G/L (Dynamics GP 9.0) is that the batch gives little detail as to what it contains, once it hits G/L. This is fine for the depreciation and accum depreciation accounts. The details in those accounts don't illuminate much. However, it would be great if the batch broke out details for asset purchases and retirements. For example, if my batch contains 200 depreciation transactions and the purchase of a car and the purchase of a computer, I would like to see that the entries in my fixed asset accounts is a car and a computer, b...

Payables Batch Reconcile
We have a customer requesting for Payables Batch Reconciliation which is similar to General Ledger (Tools-Utilities-Financial-Reconcile) and Receivables (Tools-Utilities-Sales-Reconcile). There are instances where the number of Journal Entries and the Batch Total are inaccurate. The resolution is to run the Payables Checklinks. However, this process takes quite some time to process when transaction volume is high. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agre...

batches
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030605070504040509000707 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit --------------030605070504040509000707 Content-Type: text/xml; name="17 Sep 08.xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline; filename="17 Sep 08.xml" <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <JournalTransactions UserID="4" ExportSource="0" Version="1.00" LanguageLocale="enu" DateTimeStamp="09/17/2008...