Batches get hung posting to the GL

When using Series Post in the financial series to post to the GL, batches get
hung up and do not post to the general ledger.  Not all of them but it seems
to be happening more and more often lately.

Hi,

When you say they get 'hung up' what do you mean?  Do they get thrown into
batch recovery?  Do they seem to be in a terminal 'posting' state?  What
happens?

LV

"Fiore D'Orazio" wrote:

> When using Series Post in the financial series to post to the GL, batches get
> hung up and do not post to the general ledger.  Not all of them but it seems
> to be happening more and more often lately.
0
LeslieVail (702)
5/27/2007 8:44:00 PM
a terminal 'posting' state

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When you say they get 'hung up' what do you mean?  Do they get thrown into
> batch recovery?  Do they seem to be in a terminal 'posting' state?  What
> happens?
>
> LV
>
> "Fiore D'Orazio" wrote:
>
> > When using Series Post in the financial series to post to the GL, batches get
> > hung up and do not post to the general ledger.  Not all of them but it seems
> > to be happening more and more often lately.
Check the security settings of the persons posting.  Make sure they have
access to the following  windows from the financial series

Batch ID
Batch Entry
GL Open Files.

Basically, the people posting will have access to the GL windows.

"Fiore D'Orazio" <FioreDOrazio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> a terminal 'posting' state
>
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When you say they get 'hung up' what do you mean?  Do they get thrown
into
> > batch recovery?  Do they seem to be in a terminal 'posting' state?  What
> > happens?
> >
> > LV
> >
> > "Fiore D'Orazio" wrote:
> >
> > > When using Series Post in the financial series to post to the GL,
batches get
> > > hung up and do not post to the general ledger.  Not all of them but it
seems
> > > to be happening more and more often lately.

0
news_jamrock (304)

Payables batch entry problem
Hi everyone, Our payables dept has a problem with Payables Batch Entry where when they edit an existing or enter a new batch and then select computer check as the origin the post option gets grayed out. They're claiming it never was like that and that happened just recently. What could be the cause of it? I've checked the posting options under setup and nothing sticks out at me. I've also checked for stuck batches or anything that might be suspect. Thanks, -- Jim Bourque Jim, Cheque Batches do not get Posted from the Batch Entry Window, they need ...

How can I get more clip-art in a similar style to one I found?
I have found a clip-art that appears to have several more in a "family." I can't find out how to see the rest of the family. Can anyone tell me how? I saw another post that references style numbers, but I don't know the style number for the one I want. Right click on the clip art and view the properties. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "concordkimberly" <concordkimberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60085FF-C87F-489D-9BDB-2B7EB64FE502@microsoft.com... >I have found a clip-art that appears to have several more in a &q...

Getting "Software Not Genuine" Message in Genuine Office 2007 Soft
Hi: I'm still getting a message that my Office 2007 software will be marked as "not genuine" in 5 days, and I just installed genuine MS 2007 software. Originally I began getting this message about 10 days ago, about 90 days after I installed what now appears to be MS Office 2007 software that wasn't genuine. While I uninstalled the previous version, when I installed the new software, my settings were already in place including my recently viewed files, and my E-mail addresses were already setup and working in Outlook. My product key worked fine, and I suc...

How to get notice when CDialog is showed?
Hi, I need to do something as soon as the dialog is showed. I added the codes in OnInitDialog(), then I found the dialog hasn't been showed by then. I have to add m_nTimerID = SetTimer(1, 25, 0); in the OnInitDialog() and add my codes in OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent), but I found that the dialog is showed faster or slower sometimes. Anyone can tell me the right way to do it? Thank you a lot Either use PostMessage at the end of OnInitDialog and create a handler for the message or call the base class implementation of OnInitDialog and then do your stuff. This last thing may or may not work...

Batch processing
I'm trying to program batch order processing for our company, but can't find info on how to do that with RMS. What would be helpful is diagram of the tables and fields that are updated when a transaction is closed. Or some documentation! Anyone know? ...

W2003, batch converter wizard: call from cmd (batch)
Hi, Working with Word 2003. I have installed the batch converter wizard and all is well. I would like to create a batch file that opens Word, calls the wizard and runs with a defined configuration, eg convert Word doc to xml, predefined source and target folders, select all. I can run a batch file to open the wizard, thus.. echo off "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Batch Conversion Wizard.Wiz" .... but I am still faced with manually selecting conversion type, sourc e and target folders, select all. I tried recording a macro calling the wizard a...

Previously Closed Bills in Quickbooks Reappear during RMS Batch Po
I am seeing previously posted and closed bills in Quickbooks Premier 2008 reappear during later posts of new batches from RMS. Anybody seen this one? Thanks, Richard ...

Get your ideas on TV
Want to know how to get Free publicity and media exposure for your product, service. idea or cause? Learn what the pros know about getting on TV, radio, and in national newspapers. Never spend another dime on advertising, ever again! go to http://www.MichaelpHart.com ...

Missing Check Batch (Batch not hitting GL)
My client is on GP 8 and this happened 2 times already. Basically they post a batch of computer checks, they are set to post through to GL. They got an error about glpostcleanup and the batch became stuck in Batch Recovery. We 'freed' up the batch but afterwards it is nowhere to be found. The batch is not in Post Checks, not in GL Batches, not in SY00500. In both instances we had to post the checks in Bank Rec to GL. The checks did not hit BR either. This is starting to worry me. GP said to run the special upgrade procedure in GP Utilities and I ran this before my client ...

Distribution Group email replies: Automatically get 'From' to show Group email address?
We have set up a distribution list in Exchange 2003 (support@companyname.com.au) so that several support staff receive these incomign emails from clients. We want our replies to those emails to look as if they come from that support@ email address again. In very old posts, from 2002 to 2004, the same question gas already been posed and the answer has been for the person replying to ***manually*** click the "From" button so they can choose the distribution group email address. Well its 2007 now. Has this situation been changed so that when replying to distribution list emails the dis...

get rid of blank namespaces
Hello I'm using c# XmlDocument class to add new XHTML-Nodes to my website. Unfortunately XmlDocument always adds an unwanted empty namespace attribute xmlns="" to every new Element. These empty namespace attributes cause that the elements are'nt found any more when I'm reparsing the document. (When I delete them by hand everything works fine). This is really stupid. DotNet XML-classes aren't very useful for me if I can't affect their behaviour. XmlSerializer seems to have the same problem. Isn't there any hack to bypass the blank namespaces??? Thank you Sin...

Getting the day for a holiday
I have set up a table for holidays such as memorial day, labor day,thanksgiving day and the day after. It has the month, week and day these holidays occur on in integer values. I need to get the day of the week out of the date. For example: Day(10/8/2007) gives me 8 when I really need 2 because it's a Monday. The same thing happens when using WeekDay function. Any good ideas out there? TIA Use Format([YourDateField],"w") -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Craig" wrote: > I have set up a table for holidays such as memorial day, labor ...

How do I get Excel to open a previously saved file?
With Excel not opened, all of sudden when I try to open an existing Excel file, it only opens a blank workbook. I then have to repeat the action of opening the file from the blank workbook. I am not sure what has happened but I have always just been able to just click on the Excel file I want to open and it would automatically open Excel and the intended file. Please advise hi, check this....... Tools>options>general Tab... Make sure that Ignore other applications is unchecked. that's all i can think of Regards FSt1 "Jeff S" wrote: > With Excel not opened, all of ...

Creating a batch file for Inventory Adjustments
I'd like to import the results of our physical inventory into an Inventory Adjustment batch. Can someone explain how to do this? The batch will consist of approx 1,000 records. Are you using a stock count schedule? if so, there is no way to do this directly. You could directly import the data into the SQL table - Ask your partner for assistance in this if you are not a DBA. HS "MrMark" <MrMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88E26CD-2503-4844-9AA9-94003208556A@microsoft.com... > I'd like to import the results of our physical inventory into...

Form
I have a form with a text field, which is defined to wrap text, source a cell in a sheet. Whatever gets typed into the form, or whatever is currently held in the underlying cell shows in the form as a single long line. What needs to be set so that this wraps round in the form? You have to format the cell to wrap text. There will be a block to check in the same location as the merge cell. On 1/16/10 12:54 PM, in article A1535CE3-A313-46E9-BB07-730D300F69C0@microsoft.com, "Rose B" <RoseB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a form with a text field, ...

Reading an XML post in an ASP.NET web site
I desperately need some help on this. I have a website that will recieve votes via sms (text messages). The person voting will send a message to a certain number which will then forward on an xml post to an address I have specified. I've sent up an aspx file at this point with a form on it. I know how to look through the xml and get out the data I need but what I need help with is how I read that XML post in the first place. How to I get the aspx file to capture the XML post and then allow me to read through it? Cheers spudgun wrote: > I've sent up an aspx file at this ...

Re-number credit card batch for settling
Had a problem settling a credit card batch due to duplicate batch number. Credit card company (paymentech) keeps saying we have to re-number our batch. Batch is already gone as "settled" on my side. No error came back as "duplicate". Didn't know till we called processor. \ Also, would like duplicate receipt for debit card without a signature line and without pressing reprint. How to? Thanks Roxanne, Make a backup first. Do it again and store it somewhere else just to be safe. Contact Paymentech and find out what batch number they are looking for. *** CAUTION ...

get font from HDC
Hi, I would like to modify a function used to render some HTML and use the font I have choosen : // C functions int __stdcall DrawHTML( HDC hdc, // handle of device context LPCTSTR lpString, // address of string to draw int nCount, // string length, in characters LPRECT lpRect, // address of structure with formatting dimensions UINT uFormat // text-drawing flags ) { .... /* get the "default" font from the DC */ SavedD...

How do I get my transactions back?
I am a newbie to Money 2006. I'm working in Banking>Account Tools. All of a sudden my screen had only one transaction on it. I've tried everyting to get the transactions back. What have I done and how do I restore the transactiions? Don J -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In microsoft.public.money, Don J wrote: >I am a newbie to Money 2006. I'm working in Banking>Account Tools. All of >a sudden my screen had only one ...

Struggling to get large application icon on Vista
I'm using VS 2008 w/MFC (develping under Vista), I can't get the exe's large icon to display. I copied the *.ico file from an MFC sample project (which displays correct in the sample). When I view the icon from VS in my project, I correctly see the "M-F-C" logo in 13 different sizes and modes, all the way up to 256x256 32 bit, PNG. However, when I compile my app and look at the exe's icon from Windows Explorer, the icon is only displayed when I choose "Small Icons", "List", or "Details" (i.e., 16x16). All other sizes display a b...

Switchboard Form deleted, how do I get it back?
I was attempting to do something and I deleted the switchboard template form. I still have the stuff in the switchboard manager and the switchboard table, but I no longer have the form. Is there anyway to regenerate this form? I assume there is, but I have had not success finding it. Thanks in advance for help! David On 1 May 2007 10:24:28 -0700, DtTall wrote: > I was attempting to do something and I deleted the switchboard > template form. I still have the stuff in the switchboard manager and > the switchboard table, but I no longer have the form. > > Is there anyway to ...

mail will not get through
Hi, I keep getting 42 messages trying to come through and they get stuck on message 28. I then get a message saying 'client connected' and I can never retrieve the other messages. I then cannot delete the first 27 messages. Do I have a virus or something or what is happening? There could be a message in the server that is a problem. You should use your email provider's web mail services, or web mail in some web site. Look at the messages in the server; you probably will want to delete the ones that have already downloaded. That will take time to do; to match up t...

Not getting entire global address list, only in outlook 2003
If I open up outlook 2000 for example, my entire globabl list is there. In 2003, I'm getting the wrong list. (We have a different global address list for each of our clients and only administrators should be receiving the full global list. I'm recieving one of the client lists instead.) How does Outlook 2003 determine which global list its grabbing? ...

MS should post Office X uninstall program
Microsoft in its infinite wisdom decided not to install the Office X uninstall program on hard drives. Instead you must find it on the Office X CD. This is really stupid. Microsoft should post the Office X uninstall program on its website. People shouldn't have to hunt down their Office X CDs. I bet a few people bought Office 2004 and sold their copies of Office X. Office 2004 does not ask you if you want to uninstall older versions of Office. In article <1109475886.821439.290060@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "V" <walter@shwe.com> wrote: > Microsoft in its inf...

revenue expense deferral, recurring batches
If there is a transaction that happens monthly - and there is a need to defer these, it will be very helpful is the RED feature can be available for use in recurring batches. Currently, this is not possible and it becomes inconvenient to keep on entering transactions that happen on a regular basis. Quick journals are no help as you can not defer transactions on them as well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...