Batch Recover can post incorrect $ if you mark continue

If you have a posting interruption, and your batch goes to Batch Recovery,
you are prompted with the option to continue...which you must do to run an
edit list to see if there are infact errors with your batch.  We have
instances where Continue will allow the system to post to the GJ amts that
dont match AP.  I opened a support incident, and was told that "This logic
seems sound:  no posting errors = correct amounts, posting errors = incorrect
amounts." and the process was functioning as designed.  I might agree
,however, the "Batch Recovery Process" is there to help you recover from an
interruption or "posting error".
It seems like this needs to be reviewed, as in practice, it is causing us to
be out of balance with no warnings or errors.   Please see incident 8416041

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c03c065-6000-474f-a0f3-0e27af9bef1e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Alstyne (1)

can multiple threads calling the same dll at the same time?
can multiple threads calling the same dll at the same time? Is it thread safe? >can multiple threads calling the same dll at the same time? Sure. >Is it thread safe? It depends if the code you're calling in the DLL is. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

How can I get more clip-art in a similar style to one I found?
I have found a clip-art that appears to have several more in a "family." I can't find out how to see the rest of the family. Can anyone tell me how? I saw another post that references style numbers, but I don't know the style number for the one I want. Right click on the clip art and view the properties. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "concordkimberly" <concordkimberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60085FF-C87F-489D-9BDB-2B7EB64FE502@microsoft.com... >I have found a clip-art that appears to have several more in a &q...

why do reminders restart after tasks have been marked complete?
After several years of problem-free use, my Outlook 2007 Tasks have begun generating reminders every evening for tasks that have been marked 'complete'. The due dates and reminder dates are being changed from their original dates and then reminders come up. Although reminders are generated, these tasks do not reappear in the To Do bar. There are also many 'empty' email messages that appear in my Junk Mail folder (i.e. no subject, empty 'To' line, empty 'From' line, empty body) . These may be unrelated, but they started happening at the same ti...

Reports won't run
I have been working on two reports. Now neither will run nor allow me to open in design mode. Can't imagine what happened? When I pulled in an old version of the same report - same thing. I opened the underlying query - looks fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Bonnie Sorry - I found one of the subreports was corrupt. When I recreated they all started working. "Bonnie" wrote: > I have been working on two reports. Now neither will run nor allow me to > open in design mode. Can't imagine what happened? When I pulled in an old > version of the sam...

Payables batch entry problem
Hi everyone, Our payables dept has a problem with Payables Batch Entry where when they edit an existing or enter a new batch and then select computer check as the origin the post option gets grayed out. They're claiming it never was like that and that happened just recently. What could be the cause of it? I've checked the posting options under setup and nothing sticks out at me. I've also checked for stuck batches or anything that might be suspect. Thanks, -- Jim Bourque Jim, Cheque Batches do not get Posted from the Batch Entry Window, they need ...

How can I combine data that is in 2 rows to 1 row
Hello I have a file that has only 1 data point (name of an institution) in row 1 column 1 and then multiple data points (city of the institution and other results) in row 2 column 1-7. I would like to combine the data in consecutive rows into 1 so I can work (sort results in different columns) with the data. As you can imagine the file has 2000 rows but the data addresses only 1000 institutions. I Would appreciate any help thanks albert explained : > Hello > > I have a file that has only 1 data point (name of an institution) in row 1 > column 1 and then multiple data points...

Can I combine 2 formulas?
With Col A&B blank, I have the following in column C AL FEE AM SERVICE B SERVICE C SERVICE I need to use the letter(s) preceeding fee/service in a vlookup formula So my formula in cell a2 =trim(left(c2,2)) will give me just the letter(s) The array for lookup is in cells F2:G63 So my formula in cell b2 =vlookup(a2,$F$2:$G$63,2,false) I wind up with this: ColA ColB ColC AL 6 AL Fee AM 6 AM Service B 1 B Service C 2 C Service Can I combine these two formulas in one cell so it will find the letter(s), then lookup the code? ...

can receive but not send email 04-23-10
I'm trying to get my windows mail to work for the first time. I can receive emails, but not send them. I get this error message. -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'try it', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can anyone help me with this? thanks, Vickie To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo M...

Batch processing
I'm trying to program batch order processing for our company, but can't find info on how to do that with RMS. What would be helpful is diagram of the tables and fields that are updated when a transaction is closed. Or some documentation! Anyone know? ...

Enabling macro question can be ignored by mistake
We have Macros in our excel worksheets. In Excel 2003 when opening an excel worksheet with VBA code you could set it to ask on opening if the macros should be enabled or not and the question had to be answered before continuing, however with Excel 2007 you are asked but in a much more discreet way in the form of the message bar. If you happen not to see the security question or forget about it you could end up working on an excel worksheet where the macros are not running. Is there anyway to get Excel 2007 to ask the question about enabling macros without the user continuing until the ...

How can I fix the function of the arrow keys?
My arrows keys move the workbook page in Excel 2000 instead of moving from cell to cell. How can I change the settings so that the arrow keys move cell to cell? hi, you have accidently hit the scroll lock button on your keyboard. hit it again problem solved. >-----Original Message----- >My arrows keys move the workbook page in Excel 2000 instead of moving from >cell to cell. How can I change the settings so that the arrow keys move cell >to cell? >. > Down at the right end of the status bar you probably see "SCRL", meaning that you have SCROLL-LOCK turne...

W2003, batch converter wizard: call from cmd (batch)
Hi, Working with Word 2003. I have installed the batch converter wizard and all is well. I would like to create a batch file that opens Word, calls the wizard and runs with a defined configuration, eg convert Word doc to xml, predefined source and target folders, select all. I can run a batch file to open the wizard, thus.. echo off "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Batch Conversion Wizard.Wiz" .... but I am still faced with manually selecting conversion type, sourc e and target folders, select all. I tried recording a macro calling the wizard a...

Where can I find a Downloadable Manual for Publisher2003?
I am having trouble finding a downloadable maual for publisher 2003. Can anyone help please? There are several excellent sources of information available on the web but I don't know of anything that's a "manual" per se. If you want something that's electronic, why not just use the Help file? It's already there, no installation or downloading needed. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Wheelbrace1" <Wheelbrace1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC0C9268-...

Problem recovering deleted public folder
One of our administrators started cleaning out stale public folders from our Exchange 2003 server. It's the only Exchange server on the network. It turns out one of the folders was still being used. The deleted folder shows up in the "recover deleted items" dialog box in Outlook 2003, and also shows up in the same view from OWA. However, when we try to recover the folder we get errors. The retention time is a week, and a week from deletion will be this Thursday 8/11/05. The error from Outlook 2003: Outlook was unable to recover some or all of the items in this folder. Make...

Missing Check Batch (Batch not hitting GL)
My client is on GP 8 and this happened 2 times already. Basically they post a batch of computer checks, they are set to post through to GL. They got an error about glpostcleanup and the batch became stuck in Batch Recovery. We 'freed' up the batch but afterwards it is nowhere to be found. The batch is not in Post Checks, not in GL Batches, not in SY00500. In both instances we had to post the checks in Bank Rec to GL. The checks did not hit BR either. This is starting to worry me. GP said to run the special upgrade procedure in GP Utilities and I ran this before my client ...

How can I make fill and line colour show in document
Office Small Business 2003 - Publisher and Word When using text box fill or line colour, nothing appears on screen, though it does print. Can I alter a setting to make these appear in my document on screen? Thank you for your response. The contrast option was selected. However, I now know that the print preview shows the colours, though, as you say the colour is not shown in the original document. I think I can live with this change to my previous version of the programme. "MS" wrote: > Office Small Business 2003 - Publisher and Word > > When using text box f...

How can I highlight major occurences in an array?
I have a spreadsheet which is an all X all matrix/array that shows where all occurrences of certain criteria do and don't occur. Some of the occurrences are more significant than others and these are shown in a separate 2 column table that could be made into a smaller some X some array. How can I overlay the small array over the large array and highlight the duplicates? Ideally I would like to use conditional formatting or similar such that the major occurrences were Green, minor occurrences Amber and no occurrences Red. I have created the matrix from a pivot table in MS Access, ...

I can only see the date of my emails, not the time
I recently changed something in the way the date and time is displayed on new emails. I used to be able to see the exact time an email was received, but now it only shows the date. How do I see the time again? did you change the long date settings in windows or edit the field display in outlook (r-click on the field names and choose custom, format columns) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://w...

Previously Closed Bills in Quickbooks Reappear during RMS Batch Po
I am seeing previously posted and closed bills in Quickbooks Premier 2008 reappear during later posts of new batches from RMS. Anybody seen this one? Thanks, Richard ...

Creating a batch file for Inventory Adjustments
I'd like to import the results of our physical inventory into an Inventory Adjustment batch. Can someone explain how to do this? The batch will consist of approx 1,000 records. Are you using a stock count schedule? if so, there is no way to do this directly. You could directly import the data into the SQL table - Ask your partner for assistance in this if you are not a DBA. HS "MrMark" <MrMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88E26CD-2503-4844-9AA9-94003208556A@microsoft.com... > I'd like to import the results of our physical inventory into...

Recovering Password in Excel Spreadsheet
I have protected a specific spreadsheet in a multi-tabbed file and have misplaced the password to make a end of year adjustment. All other tabs are accessable and manageable except for this particular spreadsheet. Is there any type of tool that will go in and unprotect it? Any assistance is appreciated! See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html In article <107601c49980$b69c0b80$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Michael Parsons" <michael.parsons@wpafb.af.mil> wrote: > I have protected a specific spreadsheet in a multi-tabbed > file and have misplaced the...

Re-number credit card batch for settling
Had a problem settling a credit card batch due to duplicate batch number. Credit card company (paymentech) keeps saying we have to re-number our batch. Batch is already gone as "settled" on my side. No error came back as "duplicate". Didn't know till we called processor. \ Also, would like duplicate receipt for debit card without a signature line and without pressing reprint. How to? Thanks Roxanne, Make a backup first. Do it again and store it somewhere else just to be safe. Contact Paymentech and find out what batch number they are looking for. *** CAUTION ...

Can instances of custom shapes update when I change the master?
Hi. This is really driving me crazy. I have a custom stensil with a load of shapes in it, each representing functions in a system. These recur on mulpile pages within the visio document. If I change a master of the shape, I was expecting all of the instances to update. The process I'm following is: - drag shape from stensil group onto page 1 and again onto page 2 of a visio diagram. - right click the stensil and select 'edit stensil' - right click the shape in question and select 'edit master > edit master shape' - make the change/addition - press save - I ...

Can I have my old UI back?
Greets All, I've grown too tired of failing to discover the answer to my question by navigating the new 'discoverable' interface, so I've decided to pose the question here: In the new Office 2007 products, is there a way to choose the deprecated UI? I much prefer the paradigm I've been accustomed to for more than a decade over dramatically diminished productivity. Best Regards, Steven Nope, there's no "deprecated" option (and Microsoft has said emphatically many times that there never will be!) On the other hand, the ribbon is all con...

Recover/defrag memory API
Hi, I have been using "System Mechanic 5" and one of their "utility" is to defrag and/or recover memory. I can see that somehow it does recover a lot of memory. But how does it do it? What API does it use? Why do I ask? Because my app reads some large files during loading but MS does not seem to release memory until I close the app. Please, believe me, there is no memory leak, I do release all the memory after loading. Maybe it is a way MS uses to optimize applications or what ever, but the bottom line is that my application shows that it is using 300Mb when in fact ...