Bank Reconciliation #3

What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the
General Ledger Balances?
How do we go about rectifying the Bank reconciliation to agree to the GL
Bank Balances?
Had entered Increase Adjustment in Cash Transaction that threw out both
these balances. Would appreciate your assistance.

Once you figure out where the problem is, you will probably need to do a
journal entry.  I have never had that happen.

sabbir wrote:
> What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the
> General Ledger Balances?
> How do we go about rectifying the Bank reconciliation to agree to the GL
> Bank Balances?
> Had entered Increase Adjustment in Cash Transaction that threw out both
> these balances. Would appreciate your assistance.
Things you might look at:
1. Check posted or voided in the wrong month.
2. A deposit posted in the wrong month.
3. A hand written check not put into the system.
These are a few problems we have run into.

"sabbir" <sabbir @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the
> General Ledger Balances?
> How do we go about rectifying the Bank reconciliation to agree to the GL
> Bank Balances?
> Had entered Increase Adjustment in Cash Transaction that threw out both
> these balances. Would appreciate your assistance.

0
abmlh (12)
7/11/2005 2:00:47 PM
If the Bank Rec subledger is out of balance from the G/L you can post a bank
rec adjustment that will not post to the G/L.  Go to Tools / Setup / Posting
/ Posting.  Choose "Financial" in the series and "Bank Reconciliation" for
origin.  Uncheck the box for Post to General Ledger.  Then go back into Bank
Rec and do click on adjustments.  You can force the sub ledget to balance
through any account.  It won't post to G/L.

Make sure you go back and recheck the Post to G/L or your future adjustments
won't post.   HTH

"LindaH" wrote:

> Things you might look at:
> 1. Check posted or voided in the wrong month.
> 2. A deposit posted in the wrong month.
> 3. A hand written check not put into the system.
> These are a few problems we have run into.
>

> "sabbir" <sabbir @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the
> > General Ledger Balances?
> > How do we go about rectifying the Bank reconciliation to agree to the GL
> > Bank Balances?
> > Had entered Increase Adjustment in Cash Transaction that threw out both
> > these balances. Would appreciate your assistance.

Medical CDs
Medical CDs - [Part 1], [Part 2], [Part 3 = MEDLINE 1986-1998] CDs, [Part 4 = Dragon Naturally Speaking CDs, and IBM Via Voice CDs, including Medical Solutions], [Part 5 = Math Solving, and Statistics Porgrams], [Part 6 = Various - Medical Cliparts, Medical Photodiscs, Medical Imaging Suites] buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, 2005/09/03 Vilppu Studio Pelvis Anatomy DVDrip 1CD 2005/08/20 Vilppu Studio Lower Leg Anatomy DVDrip 1CD 2005/08/20 Vilppu Studio Proportion DVDrip 1CD 2005/08/20 Vilppu Studio Feet...

Access Denied to mscrm 3.0 after upgrade
I have had this happen twice now. Has anyone seen this error? I get the following message when I type in http://locallhost on the CRM server machine: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Exception from HRESULT: 0x80048306. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServ...

Discard Bank Reconciliation
We are currently on GP version 8, SP2 and have picked up a problem in bank management where we are unable to discard changes to the bank reconciliation upon exit - (Save, Discard, Cancel options available). Although we select Discard, the reconciliation still saves the changes. Cash Book Management version is 8.00g12. Any suggestions? ...

Chart title #3
I made a chart title and filled the background in with color. I would like to have it go all the way across the top of the chart. But I can't seem to resize it. What am I missing? Thanks Hi, You are not missing anything. All the chart title boxes are restricted to the size of the text and can not be resized. Add a textbox to the chart to give you full control. With this you can adjust the width to be that of the chart. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "syssupspe" <syssupspe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
Hello David. In the recent past I have used ShareO from 4Team Corporation. Using it I was able to share my Outlook data with my coworkers. It quite easy to use and it has automatic update feature so I was quite satisfied. You can download it from http://shareo.4team.biz/?pcode=3D= 610190201v4rqia Or just google Outlook data sharing and look for the tools yourself. There are lots of them. Mindoza. >David Webber >How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer) >Atsakyti autoriui | Persi=F8sti | Spausdinti | Individualus prane=F0imas |= Rodyti originali=E0 | Prane=F0kite &g...

etransfers from U.S. bank
Starting August 7th MS money stopped making transfers between accounts at US Bank. US Bank states that there is nothing they can do because the transfer request is not being sent by MS Money. My screen shows the envelope with blue lighting opject telling me the transactions are pending. However the right click option allowing me to cancel the transaction does not appear on the menu. I am manually making the transfer. ...

household bank
I do not see any credit card account for household bank credit card. here is the link: https://www.householdbank.com/hb/CustomerCare? cmd_DisplayLogin= can anybody tell me whether this card is in money 2004? In microsoft.public.money, nair wrote: >I do not see any credit card account for household bank >credit card. here is the link: > >https://www.householdbank.com/hb/CustomerCare? >cmd_DisplayLogin= > >can anybody tell me whether this card is in money 2004? See if Household Credit Services works for your card. ...

Document Not Saved #3
We run Excel off of our local desktops, but same most of the work to a server. We frequently get error messages when we attempt to save a file. The save process just stops mid way through and says, document not saved. This doesn't happen with any other programs like MS Word. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this or what is causing it??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brady **************************************************************************** Brady T. Finney Atlantic Management Company, Inc. Orchard Park - Suite A12 875 Greenland Road Portsmouth, NH 0380...

associated external account #3
I am running exh2k on a win2k domain. I have noticed that most of my enabled users don’t have associated external account checked in their mailbox rights permissions. Some of the users have it check for an object that is no longer available. I have noticed when doing an exmerge I cant exmerge any disabled users mailboxes unless they have associated external account checked for self .. 1.The most concerning issues is that we are about to upgrade to exch2k3. will their be a problem if users mailboxes don’t have associated external mail account checked for any of the permissions in th...

Bank Reconciliation #3
What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the General Ledger Balances? How do we go about rectifying the Bank reconciliation to agree to the GL Bank Balances? Had entered Increase Adjustment in Cash Transaction that threw out both these balances. Would appreciate your assistance. Once you figure out where the problem is, you will probably need to do a journal entry. I have never had that happen. sabbir wrote: > What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the > General Ledger Balances? > How do we go about rectifying the Bank...

Integration Manager
I am using an excel spreadsheet and IM to bring in an increase adjustment. I have 18 different accounts to credit and want one batch with 18 lines. I keep getting 18 batches with 18 lines in each one. I had set this up correctly once before but something happened to the integration and I had to recreate it and I don't remember what I did before to create one batch. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks, I figured out the problem. I was selecting all 18 rows for the header query instead of the first 2. "LauraS" wrote: > I am using an excel spreadsheet and IM...

CRM 3.0 07-11-05
Somebody know when can will be able for download a Release or beta of MS CRM 3.0?. Thanks. Daniel Rodriguez SMS - Argentina The much-awaited version is scheduled to be released to manufacturing in the fourth quarter with general availability in the first quarter of next year. Partners will get access to the new version in August, with a customer beta due to ship in September. "Daniel Rodriguez" wrote: > Somebody know when can will be able for download a Release or beta of MS CRM > 3.0?. Thanks. > > Daniel Rodriguez > SMS - Argentina Any news lately on the cu...

Multiple CRM 3.0 instances in the same domain
Hello, Does anyone have some exprerience or suggestions on how to install two independent instances of Microsoft CRM 3.0 in the same Active Directory/Domain ? We have a situation in which two different departments within the same organization want to have a totally independent installations of the system Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks Nicos Papaioannou This will work as long as you create seperate OU's for each deployment. Each install will create its own unique databases keyed off the organization name. Also you should also consider manually installed SRS reporting so yo...

Named ranges, 3-D ranges, and/or arrays?
Advice is requested: I will have as many as 10 identical worksheets, sales totals of which will need to be aggregated. For example, there will be an identical row ("Total Regional Sales", in 10 different sheets, containing sales BY YEAR 2004 thru 2009. What would be the most efficient and error-free way to aggregate these sales by year in an 11th worksheet? =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet10!A1) etc. -- Vasant "K. Georgiadis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:160c701c44767$ec8613f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Advice is requested: > I will have as...

Multiple bank accounts at same bank
Greetings We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit card activity is downloaded without problem but all other accounts inport into the same Money account( the credit card). Is there something simple we missed in creating the accounts? Thanks! =?Utf-8?B?VGFmZnk=?= <Taffy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank > (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit car...

Dynamic macro's #3
Thanks! So, i wanted to declare and code each situation separately, as a shee represents a month, it is "limited" to 31 rows. BUT After coding the Else If case n� 19, I receive an error: Compile Error: Procedure too large ?!! It says that the procedure is limited to 64 k and that I should spli my macro. How can I do this, if I want the macro to be activated by pressing onl one button? -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: htt...

Lotus 1-2-3 file
Is there any way to open a Lotus .wk4 file in Excel 2000 without everything changing? ...

Spellcheck #3
Somebody else must have run into this problem. Spell check does not work in Outlook if you don't have Microsoft Word installed. I have WordPerfect and it does not support spell check for Outlook. Is there anyway to use spell check from WordPerfect. I'm running Windows XP on an HP computer. The package they install is WordPerfect and Quatro Pro 10. They are both hard to use. Bill D. No, Word or Front Page is required. WordPerfect is not a Microsoft product and therefore, the integration will be missing. You can purchase a Works Suite that has Microsoft Word included as o...

Excel help #3
Hi, Two questions. First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of changing the source so that when you produce a pivot table, the months are in order. And, when you concatenate and join a surname and first name together, how do you then separate them ? Thanks "Gary Newman" <gary.newman@adecco.co.uk> wrote in message news:09f501c39882$44084930$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Two questions. > First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of > changing the source so that when you produce a pivot > table, the months are in order. > &g...

RTF attachments #3
everytime I get an RTF file as an attachment, I can't open it. how can I disable this? ...

CSocket #3
Is it possible to use the CSocket class in a Win32 Console application? I tried this below : AfxSocketInit() is OK but : m_hSocket = -1 and Create() is impossible What is wrong ? main() { if (!AfxSocketInit()) printf("init sock not OK\n"); CSocket sock; printf("hsock = %d\n",sock.m_hSocket); getchar(); if(!sock.Create()) printf("Create sock not OK\n"); else printf("Create sock OK\n"); ..... Thanks Jack Yes, it is possible. You must initialize MFC calling AfxWinInit. Before calling Create() on the socke...

custom header #3
I would like to know how to set up a custom header which shows the data in a perticular cell (i.e. - C9 shows the number 100, so I want the header in all the pages,except the first, to show "100". Thank you One way is to use a macro. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim myHeaderStr As String Dim iCtr As Long myHeaderStr = Worksheets("sheet3").Range("C9").Value For iCtr = 2 To Worksheets.Count Worksheets(iCtr).PageSetup.LeftHeader = myHeaderStr Next iCtr End Sub (I used c9 on sheet...

Word as E-mail Editor #3
I have MS Word set to edit my email messages and every time I click new email I get a message that says "Another program is trying to access E-mail..." and it give me a choice to cick Yes to allow or No. go to www.officeupdate.com that issue was fixed a while back (in Office 2000 i know for sure) "Emiliano Pedroza" <EPedroza@colliersparrish.com> wrote in message news:1d99d01c423d2$6d5b70b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have MS Word set to edit my email messages and every > time I click new email I get a message that says "Another > program is trying to...

Advance Security #3
Hi is there any issue in Advance Security with Collection Managment ? Mans What version of GP? Are you asking because you are having an issue or just curious? -- Charles Allen, MVP "MANS" wrote: > Hi > is there any issue in Advance Security with Collection Managment ? > > Mans > > I am talking about GP 8.0, Bcoz whenever I launch Advance Security it takes ages to launch after investigation I found duplicte records in SY007110 table if I am using collection management "Charles Allen" wrote: > What version of GP? Are you asking beca...

Downloading from my bank
I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so sorry if you've seen this before: I think this is really basic but I can't figure it out-- the bank I use is NOT listed as one of the banks that sync with Money, but I thought there was still a way to get my transactions into Money without manually entering them. Is this true? If so, how? In microsoft.public.money, jpasmith wrote: >I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so >sorry if you've seen this before: > >I think this is really basic but I can't ...