Bank Reconcilation GP Ver8 -Removing entry from bank rec w/o GL af

I have a transaction that was originally posted w/o an account number in the
distribution screen.  Has caused many problems and we have tried many ways to
get rid of this transaction.
The GOAL is to remove a payables check in the bank reconcilation module
without it affecting the General Ledger.
0
Roger9426 (102)

Roger,
You can void the check in the bank reconciliation but before doing that,
change your posting setup for the bank transactions not to post to the GL.
Also voiding this transaction will change your checkbook balance.  However,
you can enter again a new check for this, but do not post it to the GL

"Roger" wrote:

> I have a transaction that was originally posted w/o an account number in the
> distribution screen.  Has caused many problems and we have tried many ways to
> get rid of this transaction.
> The GOAL is to remove a payables check in the bank reconcilation module
> without it affecting the General Ledger.
0
Gerald (227)
5/18/2005 6:23:19 PM
Roger,

Why not just post an increase transaction right in the Bank Rec module.
This would have the effect of offsetting the cheque and you could use
both of them to remove each other during the next reconciliation.

As to not affecting the G/L, half of the entry for the increase
transaction will automatically be distributed to the cash/bank account.
You need to make the other half of the distribution, the one that you
enter, to the same account. When you post this entry, you will have an
offsetting debit and credit to the cash account in the G/L effectively
resulting in no change to the G/L account. For the record, I prefer to
post these type of entries rather than just deleting the G/L batch as I
prefer to have a complete audit trail and not give the false impression
of covering up a transaction.

Lyle

In article <F4A66B1D-3AF1-4A46-A1EA-3FE509D65260@microsoft.com>,
Roger@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a transaction that was originally posted w/o an account number in the
> distribution screen.  Has caused many problems and we have tried many ways to
> get rid of this transaction.
> The GOAL is to remove a payables check in the bank reconcilation module
> without it affecting the General Ledger.

0
someone798 (944)
5/18/2005 6:41:17 PM
Gerald,
Thanks for the help. Problem is involved. Let me explain current situation.
1. I have a (110.00) Ck#18299 sitting in the bank rec (Select Bank Trans
window).
2. This is normally a positive amount. (Don't understand why it is negative)
3. This transaction is not available for "Void Historical Trx".
4.  Currently when I post a check "Cut on the Fly", the Trans Ck Register
report
    shows the information about ck 18299, in addition to the new ck being cut.
5. Situation 1 seems to be to get the bank rec sys corrected (since I can't
Void
    Historical Trx).  If I reconcile as usual (and do nothing) the (110.00)
will add
    to the value in the cash account (I assume).  Maybe I should enter a bogus
    withdraw transaction in the bank rec system and let it post thru the GL.
    What do you think?
    If I change the post setup, without doing anything else, I think it will
throw the
    value off in the cash account.

"Gerald" wrote:

> Roger,
> You can void the check in the bank reconciliation but before doing that,
> change your posting setup for the bank transactions not to post to the GL.
> Also voiding this transaction will change your checkbook balance.  However,
> you can enter again a new check for this, but do not post it to the GL
>
> "Roger" wrote:
>
> > I have a transaction that was originally posted w/o an account number in the
> > distribution screen.  Has caused many problems and we have tried many ways to
> > get rid of this transaction.
> > The GOAL is to remove a payables check in the bank reconcilation module
> > without it affecting the General Ledger.
0
Roger9426 (102)
5/18/2005 7:44:03 PM
I would like to second Lyle's approach - that is exactly how I would fix
this and for the same reasons.

One note - I believe that a negative will show in Bank Rec for a voided
Payables check that is voided after this check has already been cleared in
Bank Rec. Also, Great Plains is not supposed to allow you to post a
transaction with no account numbers in the distributions, although I have
seen this in older versions.  Sometimes, when you do a 'check on the fly'
the invoice transaction has all the distributions and the payment shows
none.  If you do, indeed, have missing distributions, I would recommend
looking into why.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Lyle" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Roger,
>
> Why not just post an increase transaction right in the Bank Rec module.
> This would have the effect of offsetting the cheque and you could use
> both of them to remove each other during the next reconciliation.
>
> As to not affecting the G/L, half of the entry for the increase
> transaction will automatically be distributed to the cash/bank account.
> You need to make the other half of the distribution, the one that you
> enter, to the same account. When you post this entry, you will have an
> offsetting debit and credit to the cash account in the G/L effectively
> resulting in no change to the G/L account. For the record, I prefer to
> post these type of entries rather than just deleting the G/L batch as I
> prefer to have a complete audit trail and not give the false impression
> of covering up a transaction.
>
> Lyle
>
> In article <F4A66B1D-3AF1-4A46-A1EA-3FE509D65260@microsoft.com>,
> Roger@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>> I have a transaction that was originally posted w/o an account number in
>> the
>> distribution screen.  Has caused many problems and we have tried many
>> ways to
>> get rid of this transaction.
>> The GOAL is to remove a payables check in the bank reconcilation module
>> without it affecting the General Ledger.

0
victoria (3340)
5/19/2005 8:49:32 AM
Gerald-Lyle-Victoria,
Thanks for your input.  I will try these suggestions as I balance the month
of May.
The aspect of being able to save (and then post) a transaction in payables
is still a problem in version 8.  This should be repaired in future versions.

Roger

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> I would like to second Lyle's approach - that is exactly how I would fix
> this and for the same reasons.
>
> One note - I believe that a negative will show in Bank Rec for a voided
> Payables check that is voided after this check has already been cleared in
> Bank Rec. Also, Great Plains is not supposed to allow you to post a
> transaction with no account numbers in the distributions, although I have
> seen this in older versions.  Sometimes, when you do a 'check on the fly'
> the invoice transaction has all the distributions and the payment shows
> none.  If you do, indeed, have missing distributions, I would recommend
> looking into why.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Lyle" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Roger,
> >
> > Why not just post an increase transaction right in the Bank Rec module.
> > This would have the effect of offsetting the cheque and you could use
> > both of them to remove each other during the next reconciliation.
> >
> > As to not affecting the G/L, half of the entry for the increase
> > transaction will automatically be distributed to the cash/bank account.
> > You need to make the other half of the distribution, the one that you
> > enter, to the same account. When you post this entry, you will have an
> > offsetting debit and credit to the cash account in the G/L effectively
> > resulting in no change to the G/L account. For the record, I prefer to
> > post these type of entries rather than just deleting the G/L batch as I
> > prefer to have a complete audit trail and not give the false impression
> > of covering up a transaction.
> >
> > Lyle
> >
> > In article <F4A66B1D-3AF1-4A46-A1EA-3FE509D65260@microsoft.com>,
> > Roger@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> >> I have a transaction that was originally posted w/o an account number in
> >> the
> >> distribution screen.  Has caused many problems and we have tried many
> >> ways to
> >> get rid of this transaction.
> >> The GOAL is to remove a payables check in the bank reconcilation module
> >> without it affecting the General Ledger.

0
Roger9426 (102)

Office XP SP3 interfering w/ Excel
I tried installing Office XP service pack 3, but, like many other people, I don't have the Microsoft Office CD to insert when prompted. I figured I wouldn't install this update and ignore it. However, I just tried to open Excel to work on something and I received a message that said Windows in trying to update Microsoft Office with Front Page and I need to insert the CD (which I don't have). It also says I could browse for the file 'PROPLUS.MSI' (which I can't find on my computer). I can't open Excel, but all the other Microsoft Office Applications work j...

Sales Allocation over time periods GP v6
Dear Intelligencia, I am trying to identify the tables to read to get the period allocations of an SOP invoiced amount which has been spread over a number of months. Any clues. Many thanks Andrew, I'm not sure I understand your questions as invoices are typically posted to a single day. Are you talking about a sales order that has had several fulfillments and several invoices generated over time? Individual invoice distributions, including history, are found in the SOP10102 table. Multiple invoices from the same order will all share a Master Number. The history invoice headers a...

Discard Bank Reconciliation
We are currently on GP version 8, SP2 and have picked up a problem in bank management where we are unable to discard changes to the bank reconciliation upon exit - (Save, Discard, Cancel options available). Although we select Discard, the reconciliation still saves the changes. Cash Book Management version is 8.00g12. Any suggestions? ...

I cannot get a header to print, or show up in print preview, on o.
I have a workbook that has 4 worksheets. I have entered headers in all worksheets, and the headers are fine in all but one. The one shows the header is there under "headers & footers" but it doesn't show in print preview, or in the printed document. I've changed header margins to give plenty of room...but that's the only thing I knew to check. Any help? I'm truly obliged. Pam ...

Closing workbooks w/o closing Excel
Other than shift, file, close all, is there a way to close all open workbooks w/o closing Exel? -- Barb Barb, I think this question has been asked before and I think that the conclusion at the time was no. "Barb in MD" wrote: > Other than shift, file, close all, is there a way to close all open workbooks > w/o closing Exel? > -- > Barb I have a cell lets say it is I33 and it total <10, I want Cell K33 to the = 5, next if Cell I33 = 10:15 the Cell K33 = 10. HOw do I get this to work. -- APK "Barb in MD" wrote: > Other tha...

GP 7.0
How do you remove a password from a GP Budget in GP 7.0? There is a KB on Removing Budget Passwords - KB 857597 - but it is for SQL Based systems and GP 7.0 is still in Pervasive SQL. Any suggestions will be welcome. ...

Cannot Set Focus to Modeless Dialog w/ DesktopParent
In the mainframe I created a hidden modeless dialog which I will show later: =================================================================== void CMainFrame::ShowModeless() { pDlg = new CModeless; //make desktop the parent since I don't want it to always be on top pDlg->Create(IDD_MODELESS, CWnd::GetDesktopWindow()); pDlg->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); pDlg->MoveWindow(0, 0, 0, 0); } =================================================================== Then I'm going to pop up modal dialogs, each will reference the modeless dialog and show it. I want the modeless dialog to not alw...

etransfers from U.S. bank
Starting August 7th MS money stopped making transfers between accounts at US Bank. US Bank states that there is nothing they can do because the transfer request is not being sent by MS Money. My screen shows the envelope with blue lighting opject telling me the transactions are pending. However the right click option allowing me to cancel the transaction does not appear on the menu. I am manually making the transfer. ...

Dynamics GP Web Services installation error
On running the installer for Dynamics GP Web Services, I immediately receive the error: "The eConnect installation cannot be found" upon which the installer completes without doing anything. Not only is eConnect (9.0) installed, I tried to un-install and then re-install. No help. Running Dynamics GP 9.0 w/ SP1 Any ideas? There is an installation file for econnect. The installation file for eConnect and Web Services need to be in the same folder when you run the web services installation. I ran into the same problem and did the same things. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

GP Training Classes
Our company is ready to send me to a Great Plains training class for 7.5. I wanted some input from someone who has taken a class--was it worth it??? They want me to look into onsite training if the price is not outrageous. Our partner has not been very helpful with this issue. We are located in Northeast Ohio. The closest class I found was in Pittsburgh, PA. Are there any Microsoft training centers in the Cleveland/Youngstown area?? I just want to make sure that these classes are beneficial and we are not just wasting money and I won't gain anything from it. Any input o...

household bank
I do not see any credit card account for household bank credit card. here is the link: https://www.householdbank.com/hb/CustomerCare? cmd_DisplayLogin= can anybody tell me whether this card is in money 2004? In microsoft.public.money, nair wrote: >I do not see any credit card account for household bank >credit card. here is the link: > >https://www.householdbank.com/hb/CustomerCare? >cmd_DisplayLogin= > >can anybody tell me whether this card is in money 2004? See if Household Credit Services works for your card. ...

Bank Reconciliation #3
What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the General Ledger Balances? How do we go about rectifying the Bank reconciliation to agree to the GL Bank Balances? Had entered Increase Adjustment in Cash Transaction that threw out both these balances. Would appreciate your assistance. Once you figure out where the problem is, you will probably need to do a journal entry. I have never had that happen. sabbir wrote: > What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the > General Ledger Balances? > How do we go about rectifying the Bank...

Integration Manager
I am using an excel spreadsheet and IM to bring in an increase adjustment. I have 18 different accounts to credit and want one batch with 18 lines. I keep getting 18 batches with 18 lines in each one. I had set this up correctly once before but something happened to the integration and I had to recreate it and I don't remember what I did before to create one batch. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks, I figured out the problem. I was selecting all 18 rows for the header query instead of the first 2. "LauraS" wrote: > I am using an excel spreadsheet and IM...

SQL Reports- change database automatically based on GP company
Anyone know how to automatically have a SQL report change the data source based on the GP company a user is logged in to? What are some workarounds to use? -- Janey Janey, I believe Crystallizer does this: http://synergistix.net/products/crystallizer/. Despite the name it will work with both Crystal and SRS reports. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Janey" <Janey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DB8BF87-AE07-487A-B677-EF26EDBD4E12@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how to automatically have a SQL report change the data so...

Multiple bank accounts at same bank
Greetings We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit card activity is downloaded without problem but all other accounts inport into the same Money account( the credit card). Is there something simple we missed in creating the accounts? Thanks! =?Utf-8?B?VGFmZnk=?= <Taffy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank > (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit car...

Bills and Deposits entries disappeared
I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. Recently a number of my scheduled Bills and Deposits entries disappeared and I am not sure why. I've re-entered the Deposits entries that were gone, but I'm not sure how to re-enter my scheduled loan payments since this was handled automatically when I first set up my loan. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know how to re-enter my scheduled loan payments? Thanks in advance, - J. ...

Forward Email w/ Attachment
I am trying to forward all email received by a user to another internet email address with Outlook Rule. He gets the email but no attachments. Is there something different I have to do so that he gets the attachments. "Ashok" <athakur@optonline.net> wrote in news:1d9501c3fc1e$fb145ce0 $a301280a@phx.gbl: > I am trying to forward all email received by a user to > another internet email address with Outlook Rule. He gets > the email but no attachments. Is there something > different I have to do so that he gets the attachments. There should be the option to fo...

Moving GP Server to new Windows domain
I have seen a few questions revolving around this topic, but none specifically addressing it. My question is this: what (if anything) will break if a Great Plains (v8; SQL Server 2000 on Server 2003) server is moved from Windows domain X to Windows domain Y? A few things I have been thinking in regards to this: -since the SQL server is using mixed Windows/SQL authentication, and all users authenticate exclusively using SQL credentials, there should be no issues with user accounts -since the server (in it's entirety) is moving (not just the DB), there should be no issue with SID mismatc...

Downloading from my bank
I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so sorry if you've seen this before: I think this is really basic but I can't figure it out-- the bank I use is NOT listed as one of the banks that sync with Money, but I thought there was still a way to get my transactions into Money without manually entering them. Is this true? If so, how? In microsoft.public.money, jpasmith wrote: >I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so >sorry if you've seen this before: > >I think this is really basic but I can't ...

Money 2004 / Bank of America / Direct connect
I am really sorry if this is a repost, but I did search all I could and couldnt find an answer...so here goes. I use Money 2004 standard and dont find Bank of America in the online banks. When I try to update, I get sent to the Read Call summary messages page...it shows Quotes, News, and Exchange Rates as having been updated. However, in the Money Updates it shows an exclamation mark and reads No updates have been made yet. Click here to update now. That doesnt work either. I have already signed up for Direct banking from BofA. My firewall is set to allow Money through. Any ideas ? Or ...

Searching for Duplicate entries
Using Excel as part of XP Professional, I am trying to find Duplicat entries. I have five columns of data as exampled below: Tape - Index - Asset - Duplicate - [Other entries] DT1 - 1 - AN1 - Duplicate DT2 - 1 - AN2 - Duplicate DT1 - 3 - AN1 - Duplicate DT6 - 5 - AN1 - Duplicate DT6 - 4 - AN2 - Duplicate DT7 - 2 - AN3 - Unique The "Duplicate" column is essentially a check of which items in colum 3 (the "Asset" column) are unique. IE since there is only one instanc of "AN3" the entry is "Unique". Since there are two copies of "AN2" th entry s...

bank listings
My bank is not included on the list of bank options to choose from in the setup of MSN Money 2002. Will I still be able to set my account up using this program? You can always setup an account with any bank to use in Money. If your bank is not listed, this just means that you will not be able to connect through Money to download statements, although they may still have some download options via their website. "gettininit@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02f601c3d0e3$f7e10a20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My bank is not included on the li...

Money internal error when I download from bank
Help! was using M04, recently upgraded to M05. After new install was prompted to use MSN passport- realised afterwards I didnt want to. After reinstall and restore from backup, I am now finding that when I download from Royal Bank (Canada) there is an "internal error" and money restarts. It often does this 2 or 3 times on restart, and Ive lost the downlaod data from the bank- Im fed up with having to restart and type entries by hand. Have I a setting wrong somewhere? ...

GP Client Error
After installing SQL 2005 SP-2, any new GP Client Installation is giving error that "The database version is different then the client version" Any Help Please? Thanks! Are you sure this was due to the installation of SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2? It sounds like your error stems from installing a newer version of a Dynamics GP Service pack that has not been applied to the client computer yet. Could you please confirm this is the case? -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "create_share" wrote:...

Have GP work the same way as Axapta and Navision with costing
The customer has this situation: Issue B – The IV10200 table holds one line for every receiving transaction posted to the system. The Current Cost field is updated with the new cost posted for the item. For example, in the scenario that was tested, we posted 1 receivings transaction for 100 quantities using a cost of 100. The system created a layer in the IV10200(Purchase Receipts table) for the 100 quantities with unit cost of 100. If I invoice 60 quantities and change the cost to 90, the system creates an entry in the POP10500 (POP Receipt Apply table) and the POP10600 (POP Shipment ...