Bad Datatype detected for operation

Hi,

I'm reading an Excel file. I read each row and need to stop reading when the
last row have empty cell.
It works fine on all rows except when reading the last row:

Unhandled script exception:
Bad Datatype detected for operation
EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_TYPE
SCRIPT_CMD_CONVERT

I think this is a datatype cast problem, but don't know how to fix it.

repeat
increment iRow;
rCr=rWs.Range["A"+str(iRow)];
sItemNumber=rCr.Value; {-> hear is the problem with the last row}
until empty(sItemNumber);

Thanks in advanced.
Takashi

0
tarikuma (52)

No detected DVD drive HELP PLZ
Ok i have a Dell Studio 1735 laptop media setup with Windows VIsta 32bit Home premium. I got board of the XP modded (Pirate Edition- seriauly its called that) install so i formatted today an installed but got the dreaded "no driver detected" (the one where its wants Sata drives from floppy)(i managed to work my way around this by installing the VISTA OS on anoter laptop an changing the hard drive back. I have no problems apart from the DVD drive it seems it does not wanna be seen in My Computer OR device manager (checked for yellow devices an rescaned for new hard ware ...

Right click/Categories...
Has anyone received the error "operation failed" when right clicking a message and selecting Categories? If so, is there a known cause? Thanks. Rob ...

Embedded excel are bad rendere

Is HQ good or bad?
I would like to hear from people who have set up and use HQ, weather it's been good and easy to use, or is it more of a hassle to use? Do you need to set up everything for all the stores through HQ, or can each individual store do it's own things, and with HQ someone can basically overlook things, make sure all stores are being operated properly? -- Thank You Vince :) I am fighting through my first HQ deployment right now. So far, here's what I think I know... HQ maintains a master list of inventory items. If the inventory at Store A is substantially different than at...

how to detect a dialog content change #2
Hello guys, How could I detect that user has changed something in a dialog window and then set status of wizard buttons correspondingly? Here the point is that I have one class which extends CPropertyPage. That class is supplied with dialog id and then it has logic how to set wizard button statuses (i.e. it know what to pass into SetWizardButtons() function). However I cannot find the right way to call this function so that dialog buttons are always up-to-date. That class may handle different types of dialog resources. Thanks, Tolick Did you do attempt any of the suggestions? ---------...

Hundreds of bad mails created in 5 mins in BAD folder
I am using exchange 2000 with sp3 with latest anitivirus patch.I suddenly faced problem of having unnumbered bad mails creating in bad mail folder .I deleted it that mails but mails are creating without stopping . Thanx in advance The contents of the badmail directory are messages that cannot be delivered. For instance, if your server is trying to issue an NDR and cannot deliver it (because the destination address is invalid), once it times out, it will be sent to the badmail directory. If you open a few of the messages in there to see what the contents are, are they NDR's? ...

Duplicate Detection and Web Services
We are currently deploying CRM 4 and are using the web services for replication between an existing system and MS CRM. We are finding that if we have duplicate detection enabled then the web service calls fail on a duplicate, however the web service does not give us a useful message, it just says "Server unable to process request". Is there a way to make the web service give us a useful error message? Regards, Neil You can find the detailed message in the Detail.InnerXml property of the SoapException. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/weblog ...

Can I detect what Control the cursor is at in a form?
I dynamically build a form with textboxes. Is there a way to detect which text box the cursor is at when a button is clicked? Tried and failed with the following code (not a surprise) Function SelectedControl() as string Dim ctl As Control SelectedControl="" For Each ctl In Me.Controls If ctl.setfocus = true Then SelectedControl=ctl.name exit for End If Next ctl End Sub I suspect my problem is two-fold. 1. No way to detect current focus (can't read the SetFocus) 2. When the button is clicked, the focus moves.. Any help or ...

need help bad
hi everybody i have rms & recantly i opened another store & i been putting new items about 500 item i was able to issolate the new item in a table by linking the data to access now i need to import the new item into my old store through access or sql but i think appened query by access is easier since i have the two tables each time i try to appened the new item table to my item table i get error cuse can't update DB time stamp & i get error for the key index any help will be really appreciated thanks -- maher almasri find the QSCImp.exe util this will let you impor...

Is Visual Studio a bad validator?
Can anyone please explain why VS.NET 2003 XML IDE sometimes has problems validating documents against a schema but the same document/schema validates fine when run against system.xml.xmlvalidatingreader. Is this a documented bug? I could not find much on google. In the future I'll validate at http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/Default.aspx Wole Ogunremi wrote: > Can anyone please explain why VS.NET 2003 XML IDE sometimes has problems > validating documents against a schema but the same document/schema validates > fine when run against system.xml.xmlvalidati...

bad links
I did some formulas with figuers from other files. the problem is tha when i open the sheet the links to the other documents don't wor anymore. i have to open the source sheets so that the figuers appear how can i make the links work even if the source sheets are no opend??? Thx, Ovidi -- Ovidi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ovidiu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2732 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46820 do your links have the path to the file, the file name and ...

Has anybody else had very bad corruption?
About two weeks ago I went into MS Money like I do every day, but I noticed that my account balances were very off. As I scanned all of my accounts I noticed that all of a sudden I had alot of duplicate transactions. Not only in accounts that I autosync with (Citibank) but with accounts I maintain manually also. There was no rhyme or reason to it - and it was spread over mot of my accounts. At first I tried the salvage/super salvage utilities. No help. Then I decided to go in and just delete the dups. They were easy to spot - they were all unreconciled. I then found out that I could not delet...

Detect if MDB has autoexec or a startup form
Does anyone know of way to detect if a MDB has a autoexec or startup form in use without openned the MDB using access.exe. Many thanks in advance Function StartUp(PathToMDB As String) As String On Error GoTo EH Dim db As DAO.Database Dim strMessage As String Dim strStartForm As String If Len(Dir(PathToMDB)) > 0 Then Set db = OpenDatabase(PathToMDB) strStartForm = db.Properties("StartUpForm") If Len(strStartForm) > 0 Then strMessage = PathToMDB & " specifies " & _ strStartForm & " for startup." &...

Bad Message
When I open Outlook I get a error message of C:\documents and settings\my name\applicanvdata\microsoft\addins\C:\program files\micro~2\office\addins\outbak.dll How do I remove it???????? Its a problem with the MS OL backup addin. You can uninstall the addin at Control Panel/Add Remove Programs ( MS Outlook Backup) Also check OL, Comm Addins and uncheck OL Backup Addin "Marv May" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087501c53145$6ce63da0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I open Outlook I get a error message of C:\documents > and settings\my > na...

How do I detect if a sheet is selected?
If there are multiple sheets selected and there are some that are not how can I detect in VBA, which are selected and which aren't in a Fo loop? I want to perform an action if a sheet is selected and ignore sheet if it isn't selected. A collective selection technique won' work such as "With Selection", as I need to have the sheet name for th rest of the loop to work. Thanks for any tips -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See the 'SelectedSheets' property in the Object Browser. There is an example given that you should be able to adapt. HTH Pa...

Detect Colours
Hi A Colleague has just asked me if there is any way, without using VB to detect font colours by using an IF statement formula. ie. He has created a sheet that if a user changes a cell then the cell that is changed turns red. He would like to detect this change by using a formula. I suspect this is not possible but if it is could somebody please pass on an example? Thanks in advance Shaun -- ShaunM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ShaunM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18610 View this thread: http://...

How to Setup "Backup Operator" in Home Edition?
I have installed ntbackup on the home edition in order to run backups. I can run the backups from the wizard with no problem. My problem is that I can't setup a scheduled backup unless I can get to Backup Operators to Allow "user". In XP Professional, I do that as follows: start,control,administrative tools, computer management, local users & groups, groups, backup operators, add "user". However, in XP Home, there is no option for "Local Users & Groups". How do I get to the place whee I can add a "user" to allow scheduled b...

Bad visbility off a cell
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, i am new here. I have a question, when I click in a cell in an excelsheet then this is obscured. I mean the square of the cell is almost invisible. So if there is a lot of figures in this sheet you can not find back the cell where u was working. Has anyone a solution how to change in a better visibiliy? Thanks in advance. Thijs On 3/3/10 8:04 AM, Thijs@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Hi, i am new here. I have a question, when...

bad file management
Ok, I may be missing something, or I may just be terrible at managing and upkeeping my files. Currently using Money Plus Home and Biz 2008, previously used 2006. I've never had a good standardized file management system or backup system/naming convention. Long story short, after changing computers, upgrading software, and moving to another country where I tried to start a new file with the local currency, I have all these various files and somehow am missing 3 months of 2007 data. I'm confused with all these files and wish there were some sort of a way I could merge th...

Detect "Save" menu event
How can I handle when the "Save" menu option is selected by a user?? I basically want to run some code either before or after a workbook save occurs. Does this mean that I should handle Workbook_BeforeSave()??? If the "SaveAsUI" parameter is false, does that mean that a "save" occurred instead of a "save as"?? thank you Hi Yes, that is the event you want. And your assumption is correct. Note that if the file is previously unsaved, Save will also display the SaveAs dialog. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Robert Crandal"...

datatype() function in Dexterity
I'm trying to get the datatype() function to work with an anonymous field input from a list of table fields. All I get it '4' for a string, no matter if its a Time, Date, Integer, Long, etc. field being passed. I've maneuvered around this function, and I'd really like to see if work, because it would automate an entire process that I'm working with today. The Dex help doesn't provide any insights. I believe I'm passing the string that is the field, but not getting the actual field passed. function returns integer outtype; inout anonymous field infield; l...

Disable Duplicate Detection Wizard
Is it possible to disable Duplicate Detection from the Workplace and Tools menus in 4.0? If so, what's the best method? Hi Dana - the easiest would be to probably just modify the SiteMap to remove those entries.... -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "Dana" wrote: > Is it possible to disable Duplicate Detection from the Workplace and Tools > menus in 4.0? If so, what's the best method? Hi Dana, You can disable duplicate detection in the following way. Go to Settings -> Data Management -> Duplicate Detection Settings. Clear the check box "Enable duplicat...

cannot complete operation
Hi! am trying to change text in a navigation bar, smart object. For no apparent reason it says "Publisher cannot complete this operation." What is that all about? and Thanks so much. Lindy what version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? We are not mind readers!!! -- ...

Bad Sectors
What does it usually mean when I run a disk scan for bad sectors on c drive and the result is "Windows was unable to complete the disk scan" The symptom is a blue screen saying that there is most likely a bad piece of hardware. Gary From: "Gary" <nospam@ntr.net> | What does it usually mean when I run a disk scan for bad sectors on c | drive and the result is "Windows was unable to complete the disk scan" | The symptom is a blue screen saying that there is most likely a bad | piece of hardware. | Gary It means replace the hard di...

Bad Web Links
I have a problem on one particular computer in France. In researching the problem, I thought that the bug was related to the problem reported in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;30560 This page isn't really dated but was last checked 9/2003 The page also allows downloads of the patch. For English Windows 2000, it leads to page http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=6D5E05E6-2D13-4FE7-B322-DFBF1B4589C which is dated 11/2001. The description on the page does not match the first page, either Now, the original problem is fixe...