Backup

When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I
am getting the message:

Unhandled Script Exception
Script '[693]()' not found
Exception_Class_Script_Missing
Script_CMD_Userfunc

I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me
resolve this.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

deal with it.  Sure hope someone has an answer!

0
anonymous (74722)
2/2/2005 4:28:35 PM
You're doing the backup from the server, right?

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

callen1071 (408)

backup outlook 2007 email files
I do a regular backup of the PST file, but would like to backup individual emails in stored file folders. Any suggestions? Email folders are not stored separately from the rest of the PST file. If you want to store them separately, then you'd need to create a second PST file to which you could copy them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Charlie Woll" <cwoll@citlink.net> wrote in message news:eLSJ6C17IHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I do a regular backup of the PST file, but would like to backup individual >emails in stored file folders. Any suggestions? &...

backup plans in sql
We have Great Plains running on SQL 2000. We have sql services running under admin1 as the userid. When I log into the server as admin2 and review the database maintenance plans, I dont see anything checked on on any of the tabs (except for the database tab). Nothing is checked in complete backup or transaction log backup. However, the jobs based on these database maintenance plans are running correctly and backing up the full database and transaction logs appropriately. Is it that I cannot see the details of the database maintenance plans because I am logged in as admin2 whereas sql ...

Restore backup with new ID & password?
I s it possible to resore my backup file with a new account? I have had to change my msn email to a different one and now it won't let me restore the backup becaus e it says "SIGN IN WITH EMAIL AND PASSWORD THAT WERE USED TO MAKE THE BACKUP" any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Scott wrote: >I s it possible to resore my backup file with a new account? I have had to >change my msn email to a different one and now it won't let me restore the >backup becaus e it says "SIGN IN WITH EMAIL AND PASSWORD THAT WERE USED TO >MAKE THE BACKUP" >any ideas...

HDD Image Backup Restore Software Recommendations
I currently use WinXP Pro SP3, with Acronis TI Home 2010 for backup = purposes for my HDD. I am investigating other choices, because what I = want is a package that will easily allow me to make an image of my HDD, = then restore it to a new, different-size replacement HDD (say, from = current 120 GB drive to a new 500 GB drive). As well, it would help if = the software could do P2P restores where it can restore to a completely = new PC system. I see Paragon offers a Pro package that seems to do the task but I am = not sure; anyone use it now? Does anyone have iodeas or suggestion...

Restore SBS from file-system backup
I've been backing up the SBS using the backup wizard. The backup process works great, but I'm concerned about the size of the backup. Space is getting tight on our bacup tapes, and as I understand it, my Exchange DB is backed up twice because the SBS backs up the Exchange Organization as an item, and then backs up the entire file system, which includes my DB and transaction log files. To alleviate this problem, I've recently stopped using the SBS backup process, and instead just take a disk image of the entire server every night. This raises a number of questions and pot...

Backups
I created an incremental backup of one of my databases and set it to backup every hour as a test. It's on SQL Server 2000. How do I stop it. It's not listed under maintenance plan anywhere. Matthew (no@example.com) writes: > I created an incremental backup of one of my databases and set it to > backup every hour as a test. It's on SQL Server 2000. How do I stop > it. It's not listed under maintenance plan anywhere. Look under Jobs in the SQL Server Agent node. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server...

a statement on multiple backups
I've always stated that having multiple backups is a good idea, well last week I found out how good of an idea it was, I had recently installed a new dual core cpu ie faster better etc. I made a backup before I did the upgrade, I also installed a new larger hd for primary drive C, well to my sad suprise I found my latest update to my backups corrupted everything, and I had only one copy of my backups ie Image of Drive C. anyway I ran into multiple issues, bad SATA cable, etc, it's taken me all week to get it up and operating, when Id rather be outside playing in the sunsh...

Backup Settings on 2 computers
I have MoneyPlus installed on 2 computers at home...on my laptop and on my desktop. I have the laptop open my file from the desktop computer on the 2nd hard drive In Money 2005, my backup settings for the desktop was to automatically backup to the F: drive everytime I closed the program and it would backup to a thumb drive every 2 weeks. On the laptop I told it not to backup. Problem: With MoneyPlus, if I have the desktop program set to the backup schedule as stated above, then the settings get transfered over to the laptop. If I take out the settings on the laptop for the backup, wh...

Info Store Corruption and Backup
Hello, Exchange 2000 (Small stores on a single server). Last night, I moved my EDB and STM files for both my Mailbox Store and Public Store to another drive on my server by following the directions in the following articles (they both say essentially the same thing): http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article_p.asp?id=535 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270693 I did not move the transaction logs because the MSExchange.org article eluded that they should not be on the same drive. That said, I left the transaction log location alone and only moved the databases. Anyway, the move went we...

Backup program needed
Running WinXP Pro SP2 on Dell with 3G CPU and 2G RAM. I bought a Seagate external hard drive for backup purposes and now I'm looking for a good backup program. The one that came with the Seagate isn't very good because it makes you backup on a schedule rather than when you want and Microsoft's SyncToy is worthless because I don't have all of my folders under My Documents so I have to make folder pairs for each folder. If there is something free out there that would be great. I'd like to be able to have the program run and only change the folders/files th...

ArcServe BrightStore 11.1/Exchange 2000 and can't backup IS
I am able to do a backup of the Document Level, but I want to back up the IS at Database Level. This fails even though I use the same security setting. The Error 8608 - Failed to Enumerate the Databases (Agent = dbaexchis, EC = <server_name>:Backup Agent Error -- (1355) "Exchange Server Error. HrESEBackupPrepare Failed. Check Backup Agent Activity Log") I put it in debug and the dbagent trace shows only one error when it fails: GetNewOptions() is called, buffer_size=32736 $ GetNewOptions() cannot load string id = 2216 error = 183 $ GetNewOptions() cannot load string id...

Backup fails after deletion of one mailbox store
Hi NG, I run an exchange 2000 enterprise server with 3 mailbox stores in one storage group. For performance reasons, I moved the mailboxes from one mailbox store to the others and deleted the empty mail box store. Then I have started a backup of this storage group. The backup failed with error messages: Information Store (2600) c38d1420-2118-4ff6-9e01-80ce95167d7e: Die Sicherung von Datei Priv2.edb wird beendet. Nicht alle Daten in der Datei konnten gelesen werden (330301440 Bytes gelesen von 33485303808 Bytes). Information Store (2600) Fehler (-1203) w=E4hrend der Sicherung einer Datenbank...

Backup Exchange 2000 Checklist
Hi , I'm going to upgrade my Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003. In order to have a good backup of my server i want to make sure that i have a backup that can be restored afterwards. I took a backup already with NTBackup and I'm planning to use Exmerge to create pst files for all users. Is there other stuff i can do to backup my machine. Thanks for helping out ... The 3rd level of safety is to disconnect all users and connections (smtp etc) and then do the online backup. That'll purge the logs. Then stop the exchange services and copy the EDB and STM files elsewhere. You&...

Simplest way to backup Outlook?
Could a few MVP's offer a definitive answer on this... I'm using Outlook2003 with BCM. There are lots of help menu's on backing up things. All I want is a fast, simple *total* backup (I'll put it on a CD or another PC) in case lightning hits this PC and I have to reinstall Outlook and retrieve my data. So... If I simply *copy* my Outlook.pst file (mine's 39MB), isn't that all I need? Isn't that a 100% copy of my entire Outlook* (email, calendar, contacts, everything) ...and if I had to reinstall Outlook, all I'd need to do is copy this file on top of the ne...

Errors running Small Business Backup
I had given up trying to use NTBackup as it would only work when it wanted to, and when it didnt work it wouldnt only generate a blank report. I tried doing the small business backup, but it is giving me issues also. Can someone please point me into a direction to see why this doesnt work. Below is the error I receive when trying to run the backup manually. [Error Log 1] 8/23/2006 8:49 AM ------------------------------- Date: 8/23/2006 Time: 8:49 AM User: administrator ------------------------------- Backup Runner started. NTMS session started successfully. EnumerateNtmsObject(NTMS_L...

Problem Recovering a Backup
Hi i have a Win2k Domain and Exchange 2k Organization, we used to had a 2 node cluster(ND1, ND2) but since the hardware became obsolete, we migrated to a single server(ND3), with the databases remaining in a SAN, by mistake all the binary files were installed in a shared Disk on the SAN,now we are trying to recover a backup in another hardware(ND4, less CPU's and Less RAM) just in case something happens with the actual server, when we try to recover the backup we get several errors and have done some serious troubleshooting with no success at all, so we decided to move back to ND3 and it ...

How best to backup an Access database
OK, reading here I saw someone has lost his database and there was talk about backup. What I'm doing for backup is ever so often, I copy/ paste a copy of my .mdb file. I have automatic backup software that then backs that up offsite. Should I create something that exports the data in the tables and use that as a backup or am I doing enough? What so people do to backup their access applications? On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:32:36 -0800 (PST), MikeB <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote: Per best practices you have a split database, with a front-end (most likely MDE) on each workstattion, and a bac...

*** New How-To Article Posted
I have hacked together a way to automate / script Exmerge. This allows you to backup all of your user mailboxes to .PST files. We use this as a free way to perform "brick level" backups. This is a type of backup where each mailbox is individually backed up. It makes it easy to setup a restore of an individual mailbox. When using this hack, plus performing backups with NTBackup, you can perform full exchange backups without 3rd party backup software. This should save $$$ in many small organizations. http://www.castellan.net/exmerge_automation.html ...

Exchange won't backup
We have backed up using NTBackup the procedures in the 'how to' section of the Microsoft website, it shows no errors but when we view the backup tape for all subfolders in Microsoft Information Store they say ''No entries Found' We only have one site, we do have public folders and the restore says errors 'refer to event log' and the event log says 'refer to backup report'..... All the other files do backup up successfully ie. user folder files and documents. The folders are created ie. all folders in First Storage Group (public folder, mailbox store ...

Microsoft Personal Folder backup
You know the Microsoft PF backup tool? Its working fine on windows XP but I can't make it work with Win7. I read on the download page: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8B081F3A-B7D0-4B16-B8AF-5A6322F4FD01&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer That Win7 is not with the supported OS. Is it temporary? Will it be supported in the future or is there any other tool for windows 7? All it does is copy the pst - you can do that yourself. if you need help finding the files, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm - the path for Win7 is the sam...

SQL backup corrupted or unreadable
I did a backup of a 36GB SQL database to a USB hard drive, which completed successfully. When I went to copy that backup to my archive server, at around 40% it errored aaying the file was unreadable or corrupted. Of course, I had already deleted the database since I needed room on my server and thought I had a good backup. I've tried everything I know, including trying to undelete the databse files from the server, which found nothing and running chkdsk on the USB drive. Of course, when I did that, it showed the file as having 0 KB! So am I hosed or what? is there anything e...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Backup of Outlook on CD
I'm trying to figure out how to backup outlook data to CD and if keeps telling me D drive is not accessible. I also can't get to the standard file that pfbackup.exe uses to backup on the C: drive. It doesn't seem you can reach that file via Explorer. Please tell me the easy way to backup outlook data to a CD. CDs are read only - Outlook needs to write to the CD. If you are using a CD-RW, then it can work. Otherwise, it will not. Also, what is the exact problem you are having with the pfbackup.exe? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

IS backup file size
Hello - We have a scheduled task to perform a full (normal) backup of our Exchange IS every night. We have roughly 115 employees at our company. I noticed that our backup file is 67GB. Is this file size too large? If so, what is the 'average' backup file size? Just to give you further info, we have our mailbox quota set to 500mb. 400mb for warning, 450mb for denying send, and 500mb for denying send/receive. So, my question would be, am I ok with this massize file size for the backup, or are there something that I need to tweak. Thanks in advance. Hi Nathan, "Natha...

Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool
Good Morning, Is it just me or does this tool not work with 2007, is it is not listed on the file menu as the online article suggests. Tom Works fine "Gandalf252002" <grandor2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:p5d9q5huf7u0u1iavl7cqk2ofeh7bt2hia@4ax.com... > Good Morning, > > Is it just me or does this tool not work with 2007, is it is not > listed on the file menu as the online article suggests. > > Tom On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:44:55 -0400, Gandalf252002 <grandor2002@yahoo.com> wrote: >Good Morning, > >Is it just m...