Average days to pay #3

I just need a help from you all. Can any one of you please provide me the
formula for caluclating average days to pay?

And is debit memo's are considered for it? Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

0
shree (6)

Hi Shree,

Please find below the information on how the Average days to pay is
calculated.

TechKnowledge Content
Issue:

When and how is the Average Days to Pay calculated in the Customer Credit
Summary window (Cards|Sales|Summary|Credit Summary)?

Resolution:

The Average Days to Pay field is updated when a debit document is fully
applied. The average is recalculated as the document is fully applied and
unapplied. The check date is always used when calculating the average. The
Average Days to Pay (ADTP) is calculated after the first customer invoice has
been fully APPLIED. The formula for the calculation is as follows:

(Current ADTP x Number of Paid Invoices) + Number of Days to Pay Invoice
Just Paid

Number of Paid Invoices + 1

*The 'Current ADTP' is the last Average Days to Pay found in the Customer
Credit Summary window.

*The 'Number of Paid Invoices' is the number of FULLY applied invoices, but
NOT including the invoice just paid.

*The 'Number of Days to Pay Invoice Just Paid' is the check date minus the
invoice date for the last invoice and check.

EXAMPLES: Assume that NO other invoices have been entered into Receivables
yet. The invoices are being entered into Receivables in the other that they
are given. All of the checks were entered in Cash Receipts
(Transactions|Sales|Cash Receipts).

Invoice Date Check Date # of Days to Pay Calculation ADTP

1) 5/23/97 6/1/97 9 ((0x0) + 9) / 0+1 9

2) 6/1/97 9/1/97 92 ((9x1) + 92) / 1+1 50

3) 7/1/97 7/21/97 20 ((50x2) + 20) / 2+1 40

4) 4/1/97 6/15/97 75 ((40x3) + 75) / 3+1 48

Notice that in 1) the 'Number of Paid Invoices' used in the calculation is
zero. That is because this is the first invoice being paid. When 2) was
entered, there is now 1 paid invoice, so the calculation uses 1, NOT 2. The
paid invoice is NEVER included in the number of paid invoices. Also, the ADTP
result from the previous invoice is used in the calculation of the invoice
which follows.

NOTE: The '"Number of Paid Invoices'" is a field in the Customer Summary
window (Cards|Sales|Summary) that can be edited. This field also has values
for Year-to-Date and Life-to-Date . The Average Days to Pay field on the
Customer Credit Summary window (Cards|Sales|Summary|Credit Summary) can also
be edited. Changing the number in EITHER one of these two fields will change
the calculation of the next paid invoice. If the Year-to-Date value for the
'Number of Paid Invoices' is changed, it will NOT affect the Life-to-Date
value and calculation. The following is an example: Before entering the next
transaction, I accidently changed the Year-to-Date field for the 'Number of
Paid Invoices' from 4 (the number of invoices fully paid from above) to 10.
Here is the result:

5) 10/1/97 10/3/97 2 ((48x10) + 2) / 10+1 43

Notice that the 'Number of Paid Invoices' used in the calculation is now 10
rather than 4. If I hadn't changed the field, the calculation would have
been: ((48x4) + 2) / 4+1 = 38

Thanks

"Shree" wrote:

> I just need a help from you all. Can any one of you please provide me the
> formula for caluclating average days to pay?
>
> And is debit memo's are considered for it? Please clarify.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
don.craig (55)

Averaging numbers but ignoring < and
I have a column of data as illustrated below than contains numbers, blank cells, dashes and < entries. Is it possible to average only the numbers ensuring that the divsor is the number of cells that contain number entreis rather than all cells containing an entry (eg for below example answer should be 0.137) 0.3 <0.001 0.01 <0.01 0.1 Thank you On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:29:03 -0800, KIM <KIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a column of data as illustrated below than contains numbers, blank >cells, dashes and < entries. Is it possible to average only ...

WinPE-WDS-Tools on WinPE 3
Hello, i made a WinPE media for capture images on my WDS (2008 R2) with WAIK for Seven & R2 with imagex, so i added "winpe-wds-tools.cab" (+langague .cab appropriate) to my WinPE image. but when i boot on my WinPE on a workstaions, and i do a "wdscapture" to run wdscapture.exe to the prompt , nothing append...wdscapture.exe is in system32, i checked, but looks something is missed to launch this program..that weird. It's like a windows appeard quickly and close immaediatly... Maybe i missed to add something on my WinPE ?? maybe wdscapture.exe need a p...

Average of Averages
Another seemingly simple process which I can't figure. :) I have a list of averages, and I want to get the average of them. As such, A 1 25% 2 42% 3 100% 4 50% I need a formula to average something like the above. Thanks, Alan =AVERAGE(A1:A4) is one possible solution. Hope it helps. -- goober ------------------------------------------------------------------------ goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513937 Hi Alan It really depen...

CLIPBOARD #3
Please.. how can I show the contents of the clipboard within the contents of the spreadsheet... a window which pops up within the boundaries of the spreadsheet... and NOT IN THE TASK PANE. You know what I mean...that small "horizontal" window which contains the copied 'cells' on the clipboard. Thanks, Larry Sorry I have no idea of what you are looking for, but one place to start might be Chip Pearson's page on the clipboard. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm Showing the contents of the clipboard is ambiguous. (text, HTML, Excel etc all have the...

Message Size Limits #3
We are having some problems sending and receiving emails from outside users that are large. What are the limits that Exchange 2003 has as a default value? How can you change this value to what you require? Thanks, Jeff Diaz MCP The defaults are 10mb. You can configure this under Global Settings, Message Delivery (properties), Defaults tab. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jeff" <jdiaz@p1fs.com> wrote in message news:NeQdd.23719$vZ5.11577@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > We are having some problems sending and receiving emails from outside > users that are large. >...

averaging less than values
How do I average a column of numbers where less than values are calculated as that number? 2 <2 3 4 <2 5 In the average I want the<2 to = 2. So the answer should be 3 -- JD Assuming source data as posted in A2:A7 Paste this in say, B2, then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to array-enter the formula: =AVERAGE(SUBSTITUTE(A2:A7,"<","")+0) Adapt the ranges to suit -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:17,500 Files:358 Subscribers:55 xdemechanik --- "JD" wrote: > How do I average ...

Exchange 2003 receiving mail from Netscape Messenger Server 3.6
My Exchange 2003 server seem to be having some issues receiving mails that are coming from a Netscape Messenger Server. We are currently migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and mailboxes on our 5.5 servers seem to get the messages fine, but when they hit our 2003 server they sit in the Local Delivery queue constantly retrying until they time out and the sender gets an NDR - "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified". What is even more odd though is we occasionally do recieve mails on the 2003 servers - the only thing I have noticed is that these few mails have an attachment...

Links #3
When I click on a link in a message all that happens is a window opens in Exploer. Thats it just the open window. ...

Averages
Hello again, I have an interesting situation. I basically inherited an older database that is used to enter dates, usage and charges for accounts. The situation is that we are attempting to do averages filtered by account, and averaged against the number of days that data has been entered. So, for example, we had 7 months of data entered, our query should total the number of days in the seven months (x), then average that with the total usage number (y). This data currently resides in the same table labeled "data" in the form of from and to dates (6/1/1999 to 7/1/1999) and usage (32...

KB951847 update failures for .NET Framework Family Ver 2
My issue started about a month ago when the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 security update failed. I had ver. 1, 1.1, 2, 3 and 3.5 installed. I followed the info in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 but when I attempted to reinstall the versions I previously had I couldn't get past Ver. 1.1 SP1. Ver. 2 I then found http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/466a006f-ab47-4bba-a625-b221681c77b8/ Which allowed the install of Ver.2 but not the SPs nor Ver 3 or 3.5 the ones my software ...

Selecting specific work times for every day in a calendar
I want to select specific work times to do work on a project from 9pm to 1am every day but when I tried to do this, the work times I specified would not change. Hi DannyG, Is the specific times you want to reflect, related to the resoruce or the task? Times are set up in various places. The first is the calendars where you can change the time for each individual day or selected days, the second is in the Calnedar tab of the 'tools/options', where the project defaut setting is mad. I suspect from yoru query that you want to change the default working day from 8:0...

Implementation of callouts in CRM 3.0
Hi, I´m a beginner with all this about CRM... and i want to ask for some help. I´m trying too implement a PostCreate callout. I have read a some tips about this in the Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK but i still don´t understand somethings. The first thing that i did was copy the microsoft.crm.callout.base.dll and add the web reference to the project. then i configure the xml file like i see in the SDK But now i was trying to write the C# code and i have a doubt i need to overwrite the postCreate method??? or i just need to call the method and indicate the entity?? and then w...

saving with name from cell #3
That one works perfectly!! Thanks again! Dank u de veer!! Ja -- jama ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jamaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1663 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31504 You are welcome -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jamaz" <jamaz.1fxv5b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jamaz.1fxv5b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > That one works perfectly!! > > Thanks again! > > Dank u de veer!! > >...

archive.pst #3
i have archived my inbox, sent mail and deleted files from a certain date backward. the files show up on my floder list in outlook 2000, but when I try to access them, i can only see the file name and outllok will not open the .pst file. what have I done wrong, and how can i open the .pst file?? Thanks! Is there any error message (try file open personal folders file) "markk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E02AA83-D33D-41E3-9BB0-D8E630858278@microsoft.com... > i have archived my inbox, sent mail and deleted files from a certain date backward. t...

Outlook opening IE links with IE in Classic skin rather than XP theme #3
I am using a black version of the Royale theme in XP. I have modified it to have thinner titlebars. It works fine, but when I open web links in Outlook, IE opens in Classic theme instead if the XP theme. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening? Cheers ss. ...

Excel
Is it possible to convert day of year to date format (assuming all date are 2004) e.g. 001 to 01 January 2002 or 366 to 31 December 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =DATE(2004,1,your_value) Frank > Is it possible to convert day of year to date format (assuming all > dates are 2004) > e.g. 001 to 01 January 2002 > or 366 to 31 December 2004 > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks Frank this works perfectl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Average Lead Time
Does anybody know if the average lead time in Item Vendor Maintenance counts weekends, or only business days? The average lead time is calcualted as follows: Enter the average number of days that pass between the time you place an order with this vendor and the time you receive the order. If you're using Purchase Order Processing, this field will be updated each time a shipment or shipment/invoice is posted in Purchase Order Processing. The average lead time is calculated using the following formula: [(Number of Receipts) * (Average Lead Time) + (Received Date - Ordered Date)] / (...

Average Function
Hi group, I have a formula in a cell that takes the average Sales of the 12 rows (for Jan to Dec) like so: =Average(A1:A12)The problem is that for example, since therea are no sales figures from August to Dec, the average is underestimated because it averages it over the entire range of cells (though they are zero from Augus to Dec). How can I make this Average function to be smarter and only average those months that the sales is not zero (August to Dec is Not BLANK but its zero) Hi Average is a very simple thing: SUM/COUNT. So =SUM(A1:A12)/12 should do for all years with 12 mont...

Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing for 8 days
Hi all, we have exchange 2003 SP2 Frontend/Backend Topology One user receives one external message 8 days later: Here is the track log on the frontend server; 6/23/2010 3:15 AM SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 6/23/2010 3:15 AM SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue 6/24/2010 3:03 AM SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 6/24/2010 3:03 AM SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue 6/28/2010 3:03 AM SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 6/28/2010 3:03 AM SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue 6/30/2010 3:04 AM SMTP: Messag...

averages
Hi All Trying to work out the best way to get an average answer based on a set of answers The answer will be 1 - 10 across a number of questions e.g B C D E F Answer Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 1 1 1 3 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 0 1 3 3 4 1 0 1 1 5 1 1 6 7 6 2 2 5 2 7 2 3 3 4 8 2 1 7 6 9 1 2 1 3 10 2 2 8 7 Total 13 13 38 38 Average ? ? ? ? What is the best way to get the average response to each question. i've tried =SUMPRODUCT($B$2:$B$11,C2:C11)/SUM(C2:C11) but not sure this is right....

Converting Weekly Data into Monthly Averages
Could someone please show me a formula to average weekly data into monthly. I have a spreadhseet: Date Data 2/1/99 1.15 9/1/99 2.42 16/1/99 1.24 through to..... 25/2/05 3.54 How can i calculate the average of every month between 1999 and 2005? In other words, i need something which looks up all the weeks in a particular month (ie Jan 2001) and averages them out into a table: 1999 2000 ......... 2005 Jan 2.45 6.42 Feb 3.64 etc etc. I was thinking vlookup, but don't know how to average in a vlookup. I would ...

Formatting cell #3
I need to format a colum so that a number such as 201122 would show as 20:11:22. How do I do this? -- Ausgirl Aus, do you want the number in the cell to remain as 201122, or do you want it changed to what appears to be a time value of 20 hours 11 minutes and 22 seconds? "Ausgirl" <Ausgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CD07631-CFEE-4645-BF25-3E9218F769CA@microsoft.com... > I need to format a colum so that a number such as 201122 would show as > 20:11:22. How do I do this? > -- > Ausgirl Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEnt...

IS size increases by 4-6GB in a day
Hello, We are using Exchange 2000 Server. The Maximum size limit for Exchange Database is 16GB-18GB. We have some 550 e-mail users and all of them have been allocated 5MB only. The maximum size of a mail that any user can send or receive is 3MB. What happens is, sometimes once in a month or so, the size of the Exchange Database suddenly shoots up by 4-6GB in a single day and it reaches to its maximum limit. Thus, we have to shutdown our Exchange Server and do Offline Defragmentation. What is the reason for sudden increase in the database size in a single day? What might be wrong?...

Moving Average
Is there a formula for calculating the moving average for a group of numbers ? Thanks I'm assuming that you want a running average (at least, that's how I am interpreting it) Assuming your values are in column A and your average in column B the formula in B1 should be as follows: =Average($A$1:A1) then just copy and paste it down the rest of the column and it will calculate the average as numbers are added. Steven Bitaxi sbitaxi@yorku.ca wrote: > I'm assuming that you want a running average (at least, that's how I am > interpreting it) I think the OP want...

SMTP Errors #3
My front end exchange server has been logging SMTP related errors for some time now and the source remains elusive. Event ID 7004 & 7010 are logging every couple of minutes. Event ID 7004: This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #15795. The remote host "Syntactically", responded to the SMTP command "helo" with "501 Syntactically invalid HELO argument(s) ". The full command sent was "HELO wwu_femail.williamwoods.local ". This will probably cause the connection to fail. Event ID: 2013 (SMTP could not connect ...