Automatically Expanding the GL Transaction Entry Grid

Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL
Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used
on the payables transaction distribution window, namely:

scrollexpandswitch.value = 1

But I got an error when it ran.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

0
callen (2505)

Using VBA, that is.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL
> Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used
> on the payables transaction distribution window, namely:
>
> scrollexpandswitch.value = 1
>
> But I got an error when it ran.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP

0
callen (2505)
5/13/2007 6:53:00 AM
Hello Charles,

Here are the steps to accomplish your task. I Make use of Modifier instead
of VBA coding.

Goto Transaction --> Financial --> Transactional Entry Screen

Goto Tools --> Customize -- > Modify Current Window

Double Click Grid.

Under the 3 line items (Below 2 yellow color boxes if using GP9.0)

Goto Tools --> Click Mark Small Items --> Click Just Below the Description*
field.
and drag a line below it.

(physically you will not see a line drawn there but while you are trying to
draw line then you can see the dash lines under the field)

Save you Modifier modificaiton

Apply security to GL Modified Screen

Transaction --> Financial --> Transactional Entry Screen

Remarks:
* To know which is description field select field and look in the properties
window.

If any futher inquiries you can mail me at
toakramicon@gmail.com
( i have a document with screen shots which can help you)

Hope This Helps You

Akram.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL
> Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used
> on the payables transaction distribution window, namely:
>
> scrollexpandswitch.value = 1
>
> But I got an error when it ran.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP

0
Akram1 (98)
5/13/2007 9:09:00 AM
Hi Charles

This is possible with VBA, but is a little trickier than normal.

The reason is that the scrolling window shrink and expand buttons you see
are actually 4 fields.  There are 2 visual switches which is what we see and
there are two hidden buttons which are what we actually click on.

On most windows the hidden buttons are layered on top of the switches, but
on the GL_Transaction_Entry window, the switches are on top.  So this is what
the Add Fields to VBA picks up.  However, the switches cannot be edited and
so you receive an error from VBA.  Even if we did not get the error, the VBA
would not work as it is the button we need to press, not the visual switch.

So.....

You need to confirm if you already have a modified version of the
GL_Transaction_Entry.  If you don't, then you will need to delete the
modified window we will be creating as the final step.

1) Open Transactions >> Financial >> General.
2) Select Tools >> Customize >> Modify current window
3) Move the 'Scroll Expand Switch' so that it no longer covers the hidden
button beneath it.
4) Save your change and Go back to Great Plains
5) Set security to point to the Modified window
6) Open Transactions >> Financial >> General
7) Select Tools >> Customize >> Add current window to VBA
8) Select Tools >> Customize >> Add Field to VBA
9) Click where the switch was... ie. on the hidden button.
10) Add the code below

Private Sub Window_AfterOpen()
    ScrollingWindowShrink = 1
    Me.Changed = False
End Sub

Perform the following if you want to go back to the un-modified version

11) In the VBA Editor - Properies, Change the Event Mode for the
TransactionEntry window back to 0-emOriginalOnly
12) Change the security back to the original
13) Go to the modifier and delete the window

Perform the following if you want to keep the modified version

11) Go to the Modifier and move the visual Switch back to its original
position.

I have emailed you the resulting package.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL
> Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used
> on the payables transaction distribution window, namely:
>
> scrollexpandswitch.value = 1
>
> But I got an error when it ran.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

selecting qty to print via textbox entry
I've been searching for this, but cannot find it. Simply, I have a userform to generate label printing. User enters the info, then in textbox4 will give the quantity to print. All I need is the script that will change the Number of Copies based on the entry of Textbox4 when the labels are printed. Much thanks j.o. I'm not sure what you are wanting to print. I assume a sheet. If it's not a sheet, I would recommend reading about the PrintOut method in the VBA help section. It would help if you post the code you are using and give specifics of your application. ...

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

Work Book Category Expanders
I need to create a workbook that has expanders on the vertical numbered row in a blank Excel document. I don't know what these expanders are actually called, but they look like little boxes with plus signs on them (+). Can anybody help me or point me in the direction of resources to format a workbook with these expanders. Much appreciated. Hi, Wendy. Try Data-->Subtotals (see http://www.officearticles.com/excel/getting_subtotals_in_microsoft_excel.htm) or Data-->Group and outline. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microso...

download transactions broken in money 2000
I used to be able to download transactions from my credit card company, but it suddenly stopped working. The credit card site says it sent the transactions to my computer, but money never gets it. I no longer get the windows asking if I want to save the file, etc. Forgot to say I am using XP Pro service pack 2 "PattiWagen" <sandynpat@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ox8J6XiwEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I used to be able to download transactions from my credit card company, but >it suddenly stopped working. The credit card site says it sent the >tran...

expanded comments on documents
I would like to have the ability to put lengthy transaction descriptions on documents and in GL transactions. Currently, description fields are limited in the GL. Additionally, notes/comments can be lengthy, but report fields for them are limited in the number of characters that appear on the reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mic...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...

How to automatic sort email into folder and download attachment
Hi, I have a surveillance camera which will send out email when it detect motion. I can receive hundreds of emails just from this camera in a single day, so it troublesome to read and click on each email just to download the attachment. When the outlook receive the email, I know how to sort it into a designated folder. But is there anyway it can automatically download the attachment (video file) into a folder without the email. (so that I can store the video file in a CD later on). Anyone can help me. Thank you. Nelson Chou I can receive hundreds of email just from...

automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5BDA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi.. i used outlook express and now I am using outlook, but the contact = option is different from Outllok express. in outlook express when I = write a first character of one contact, outlook express complete the = address automatuically, in outlook 2003 no!! can i change this?? Can = outlook 2003 complete autoomatically my addresses?? Pls, help me! thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5B...

Require Field Entry based On Other Entry
I'm trying to Require Entry in a Field on a form if another field has a certain entry. I've tried the following code in Before Update: If Me![Customer]="Mutual" and IsNull(Me![Returns]) Then MsgBox "You must enter a value in Returns." Cancel = True [Returns].SetFocus But it's giving me the error message: "Block IF without End IF" Thanks! That's one of the more accurate error messages If Me![Customer]="Mutual" and IsNull(Me![Returns]) Then MsgBox "You must enter a value in Returns." Cancel = True ...

excel vba
i am trying to set up something in cell K5 whereby it will produce upo opening, a sequential number 1 higher than the last. I think the end code is Range("K5").Value + 1 but how do i set it up to get that sequencing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You need this event to run your code line when the workbook opens Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Sheets("sheet1") .Range("K5").Value = .Range("K5").Value + 1 End With End Sub Right click on the Excel icon next to file on the menu bar Choose view code The ThisWorkboo...