Automate emailing of reports

I want to email order status reports to my salespeople but I need it to
be automated as much as possible.  I have identified 2 options for
generating the reports -- Crystal or Excel (via smartlists).
The question is how to automate the process.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

0
doug5715 (39)

Here is an option.

OctoTools is an easy to use document management tool suite that encompasses
Forms Design, Report Formatting, Electronic Distribution, Printing, and Text
to PDF conversion.
Advanced features include GUI based design environment, Built-in Post Script
and PCL printer output, Drag and Drop placement of all elements, Automatic
dynamic text and forms merge, Text boxes for dynamic and static text & Data
Design elements, objects, images & text boxes, User defined "green bar" type
striping, "Watched" directory support, Conditional based data formatting,
Dynamic switch of overlays based on data, Barcodes including 2D pdf417,
Email, URL, or whole file, Multiprocessor support, Variable opacity of
elements and backgrounds, and more.
visit us at www.jbmsystems.com

Note: we can burst, pasword protect and email with our product that is very
well prices
for it's functionality and beats our major competitors.

--
Mike
mike@jbmsystems.com

If you are familiar with triggers and .Net application developemtn then
option 2 shouldn't take more than two hours. I am a VB.Net developer and can
provide you any help you may need on this.

"Doug" wrote:

> I want to email order status reports to my salespeople but I need it to
> be automated as much as possible.  I have identified 2 options for
> generating the reports -- Crystal or Excel (via smartlists).
> The question is how to automate the process.  Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

0
Shariq (273)
11/16/2005 5:02:01 PM
Couldn't you use business alerts for this?  Or if not business alerts,
couldn't you setup a job in SQL that did this query and then perhaps use SQL
Mail to email all the salespeople?

patrick
mbs dev support

"Doug" <doug@usawards.com> wrote in message
> I want to email order status reports to my salespeople but I need it to
> be automated as much as possible.  I have identified 2 options for
> generating the reports -- Crystal or Excel (via smartlists).
> The question is how to automate the process.  Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

0
prot1 (1345)
11/17/2005 4:41:40 AM
Business Alerts would definately not do the job but SQL mail might work
within a Trigger if you know how to produce an Excel file within the query..

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> Couldn't you use business alerts for this?  Or if not business alerts,
> couldn't you setup a job in SQL that did this query and then perhaps use SQL
> Mail to email all the salespeople?
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> "Doug" <doug@usawards.com> wrote in message
> > I want to email order status reports to my salespeople but I need it to
> > be automated as much as possible.  I have identified 2 options for
> > generating the reports -- Crystal or Excel (via smartlists).
> > The question is how to automate the process.  Any suggestions would be
> > appreciated.

0
Shariq (273)

Fax in Email Contact List
When I pull up my email contact list it shows the email but it also lists their fax # if it was put in their contact info. Example Bob Loblaw (E-mail) Bob Loblaw (Business Fax) How do I get rid of the fax listing without having to delete it from the contact profile? The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't re...

Replying to emails #5
I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? I can't find it for the life of me. Thanks in advance. Wy "newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23ehsbToQIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I > uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? > I can't find it for the life of me. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wy > AFAIK there IS no...

Automation
Hello Everyone, Recently our IT group installed service pack 3 on our computers. I wrote some code in word that automatically attaches it self to an outlook email and sends it out. I'de like to disable two windows that i didn't get before they installed service pack 3 there are not titles so here is a description of the boxes: 1 - A program is trying to access email addresses you have store in outlook. do you want to allow this? then it asks for "allow access for" (1,5,10 minutes) 2 - then i get a similar one that just asks you if you're sure you want to send ...

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

Provisioning/Automation tools for Exchange??
I have been asked to find some tools possible of automoating mailbox moves to specific databases/storage groups based on the department of a user for instance. Let's say User1 is part of HR and has transferred to Marketing. All the HR mailboxes reside on SG1 DB1 and all Marketing reside on SG1 DB2. Is there any software anyone knows of that can read the department attribute from AD and then move the mailbox according to defined rules you put in place. Any and all help appreciated! Mike In a couple of situations, organizations I have worked in have talked about having something li...

Random Outlook crash when printing email
I'm running Outlook 2007 SP2 and I have these random Outlook crashes (unable to duplicate when I want it to) when I'm printing my emails. After the crash and reload, I'm able to print the same email without having it crash again. I did find a few post about deleting OutlPrnt, but it does continue to crash from time to time. Any clue on this? Some people say KB972363 is causing the problem. I too have a couple users experiencing this issue. Deleting OUTLPRNT has helped reduce the frequency of these crashes, but they still occur. We are printing to HP printers (most...

print horizontal lne in report
I have a report with a memo field , the field can be 1 to many lines, how can i get a horizontal line to print on the next line following the memo field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200712/1 Have you tried drawing a line using the line tool on the ToolBox? sheniece wrote: >I have a report with a memo field , the field can be 1 to many lines, how can >i get a horizontal line to print on the next line following the memo field. -- Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach http://www.hitechcoach.com http://www.officeprogram...

Email Router Queueing Emails?
We just upgraded from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and now it takes 15 -20 minutes for the first email messages of the day to be delivered. Another group at my company noticed the same issue. Normal Emails sent through Outlook are not being delayed during that same time frame so it doesn't appear to be an Exchange issue. However, I'm not an Exchange admin or really familiar with the admnistrative aspects of the product so I don't know where to start looking. Is there something in the CRM that would tell me what time emails are being sent? -- Thanks, Jim FYI ... I'm not usi...

import email from thunderbird
I need to import from thunderbird to outlook 2003. The help I find so far is not helpful, since it implies I need to either install a new version of netscape and import from tbird to netscape first, or import to outlook express first and then into outlook. I do not have outlook express. Why should I need to install a thrid program to import to as an intermediary step? Outlook does not find the email foders located in C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\something.default\Mail , which is where tbird stores them. What's up with that? tom wright ...

Reformatting report based on a substring within a cell
Hello, I am looking for some help with a spreadsheet that was given to me, that needs to be reformatted based on the occurence of a substring within a cell. Actually, the substring will be a keyword within a comments cell within a row. Unfortunately the comments are arbitrarily entered. But based on the occurence of the substring (e.g. truck, air, sea), the new report with cost associated figures that are part of the same row. An abbreviated sample follows: Shipments: Apparel Lane: Pacific PO Nbr Cost Date Incurred Reason E76544 889.00 7/13/04 Air shippe...

Is it Possible to Automate a Graph?
I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows. (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.) Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to the sheet? For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4. Row 1 Week 1 2 3 Data 12.5 17 18 Thanks for the assist! -Adam Use a defined name using the offset function for your series --...

Error when trying to create reports
I am getting an error: There has been an error reading or writing the file '.' Anyone know how to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Peggy wrote: >I am getting an error: There has been an error reading >or writing the file '.' > >Anyone know how to fix this? See if any of these resembles your situation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281865&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185848&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321085&Product=mny Thank you, Cal!!...

Send Incoming Mail to another email address
I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail automatically be sent to another email account address also. I have office 2000 You can create a Wizard Rule for this; Tools-> Wizard Rules -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "hitchcow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:369d01c49d34$30d4a900$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail > automatically be sent to another em...

as email attachment
I'm new to Publisher so hope this isn't too simplistic but I can't seem to find answer to following. I'm intending to write a Newsletter in Publisher that will be free for educators. I'm assuming the easiest way to send it will be will be to "File-Send email-Send Publication as Attachment" (if this isn't the easiest please let me know - thanks). I tried to do this and the dialog box came up Untitled-Message (HTML). I filled in email address but when I pressed "Send" - nothing has happened. My normal email program is Microsoft Office Outlook and I hav...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

Email redirection
I am using Exchange 2003 and would like to be able to direct email from a particular domain to folders I have on my exchange server. For example, if I had a folder named Tom, I would want to see all email from tom.com or email sent to tom.com copied to the folder named Tom regardless of who sent the email. Is there an easy way to accomplish this. On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:45:02 -0800, "brellim" <brellim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Exchange 2003 and would like to be able to direct email from a >particular domain to folders I have on my exchange serv...

Way to automate adding pictures in a series in Excel?
I'm putting a column of pictures of people next to a column with their names. If I have the pictures together in a folder, with the photo file names numbered with the corresponding row numbers that the pictures go in, is there a way to record a macro so that (for instance) 28.jpg will go into the picture column in row #28, then 29.jpg will go into the picture column in row #29, etc. In other words, insert a whole series of pictures (filenames the same as their appropriate row numbers) in their correct places, by initiating one macro? If anyone has any idea of how that could be done, I wou...

Not able to read email unless I click on a link?
Every time I open an email, I can't see the message, I have to open an HTML or .txt attachment to see the email. Any ideas why this is happening? I have a screen shot, http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ps--7hMHMRMyTUfrLVPTOYheSqPq_kpPQ2uu9_giyOFaBGppMnl-Ff_8h0OtLlTTsFdVGgYcQJFUzH29A4KDgKQ/Email%20Problem.jpg Thanks in advance! ~~~ Jen These steps were written for the same issue in Outlook Express, but they might also apply to Windows Live Mail If you haven't already done it, shutdown and restart Windows. This sometimes fixes the problem. - If you still hav...

CRM adding tags when sending email
So I sent an email with the following subject line: Your interest in our click fraud seminars It appeared with the following subject line: Your interest in our click fraud seminars CRM:00330002 Is there a way to get rid of the CRM tag? -- Vincent Granville www.datashaping.com Hi, You can remove that easier by going to Settings --> Settings --> Organization Settings --> System Settings -- > Email Tracking Track Email checkbox, change it to no. Click Ok to save the changes. Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 7, 4:50 pm, nonickname <datashap....

Option writing gains in investment performance reports
Greetings: Using Money Plus (17.0.120.1415) I am unable to get gains from writing options (specifically covered calls) to show up in any investment peformance report after the option expires. Any tips? Note: Tax reports correctly show gains from expired options that I've written as short term capital gains. Thanks, Steve The best approach I've found so far to make gains from writing covered calls show up correctly in both tax reports and investment performance reports is to use a dummy tracking stock: + Use "Sell short" for the tracker in place of "Sell to o...

Choose what email to use when sending email!!!
I've got SBS2003 set up and working. Pop3 connector is donwloading my email from my 2 email domain without any problems (@domain1.com and @domain2.com). Now what can I do to choose what email to use when sending email??? Please help me Cyril ...

Automating transfers, is this possible?
Hi All. I am using MM 2007 Premium and I'm using Advanced Bills. In "Help" it says .... "Make electronic transfers. Set up automated transfers between any accounts you track in Money" I have a set up an "xfer" from my checking to my savings (same bank) to occur once a month but Money doesn't actually do anything unless I manually go to "Bills Summary", check it and and click "Pay Online". This isn't what I would call an automated transfer. Is there any way to actually make this happen? Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via ...

VBA automating Word from PowerPoint 11-22-09
I have an add-in macro that exports PPT content to a new Word document for each PPT file in the same folder as the currently open PPT file. I've noticed that when the macro is finished, and I go to Word, Word seems "paralyzed" (I can't use any menu commands or close the doc). If I Alt+Tab back to PowerPoint, and then Alt+Tab back to Word, all is well. Is there something about automating Word from PowerPoint that needs to be "cleared" when the PowerPoint macro ends - some way to release PowerPoint's control over Word? I found http://www.pptfaq.com...

Sometimes I am able to send and receive emails from my clients
My clients are sometimes able to send and receive emails from each other but most of the time they cannot. an error message appears saying " The connection has been dropped unexpectedly. Reasons for that may be problems in network, problems in server, ...etc" are you referring to Internet email, or email between Exchange servers, or within one Exchange server? need more detail... "Yasceine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:436901c49044$a5389060$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My clients are sometimes able to send and receive emails > f...

Autocomplete email address question..
When I type the letters of a name in the To: box, autocomplete suggests a list of names from which I may choose. Here is my problem - I have about 8 groups under my contacts and somehow it is only set to look for the matching names in one of the groups. but I want to add one more group to this - how do I do it?? Thanks! Terri <phiter@mail.com> wrote: > When I type the letters of a name in the To: box, autocomplete > suggests a list of names from which I may choose. Here is my problem > - I have about 8 groups under my contacts and somehow it is only set > to look fo...