Auto Creation of a Customer Number

Good day!  I am working on some interfaces between our Great Plains
application and our Line of Business application.  One of the requests that
came up was the ability to have a customer number created automatically when
we create a customer.  Rather than have the Great Plains user enter a number
that may or may not already exist, our hope is that the application would
look in the existing table of customers, and using a select max(custnmbr),
add 1 to the existing max value, and then place it into the customer number
field.

I was thinking that I would use a trigger on the insert of the customer
record on table rm00101 for this, but if there is a better method, please
advise.

sincerely,

--
Lonnie L. Wimble
Director of Information Technology Services

Lonnie,

EthoTech has a product that does this as well as auto numbering for other
things: http://www.ethotech.com/documents/EthoTechNextNumericCollection.pdf.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Lonnie L. Wimble" <LonnieLWimble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6CD62292-39D5-479D-AECE-F15554AFEA14@microsoft.com...
> Good day!  I am working on some interfaces between our Great Plains
> application and our Line of Business application.  One of the requests
> that
> came up was the ability to have a customer number created automatically
> when
> we create a customer.  Rather than have the Great Plains user enter a
> number
> that may or may not already exist, our hope is that the application would
> look in the existing table of customers, and using a select max(custnmbr),
> add 1 to the existing max value, and then place it into the customer
> number
> field.
>
> I was thinking that I would use a trigger on the insert of the customer
> record on table rm00101 for this, but if there is a better method, please
> advise.
>
> sincerely,
>
> --
> Lonnie L. Wimble
> Director of Information Technology Services
> SymQuest Group, Inc.
> 30 Community Drive, Suite 5
> South Burlington, VT 05403
> 802.658.9829 (phone)
> www.symquest.com

0
victoria (3340)
5/20/2009 1:41:43 PM
Sounds pretty good. You could also create a table to store the next customer
number and pull from it and update it as customer records are added. This
works if all customer additions are done from your interface.

Are you forcing users to enter numeric customer id's?
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Lonnie L. Wimble" wrote:

> Good day!  I am working on some interfaces between our Great Plains
> application and our Line of Business application.  One of the requests that
> came up was the ability to have a customer number created automatically when
> we create a customer.  Rather than have the Great Plains user enter a number
> that may or may not already exist, our hope is that the application would
> look in the existing table of customers, and using a select max(custnmbr),
> add 1 to the existing max value, and then place it into the customer number
> field.
>
> I was thinking that I would use a trigger on the insert of the customer
> record on table rm00101 for this, but if there is a better method, please
> advise.
>
> sincerely,
>
> --
> Lonnie L. Wimble
> Director of Information Technology Services
> SymQuest Group, Inc.
> 30 Community Drive, Suite 5
> South Burlington, VT 05403
> 802.658.9829 (phone)
> www.symquest.com

0
callen (2505)

Can not customize Outlook today
We have installed outlook 2000 on everyone's pc. We do not use exchange server. We are using Ipswitch's IMail server. When a user clicks on Customize Outlook Today it does not go to any screen that allows for customization. Nothing happens. Does this feature need to be turned on somewhere or does it have to have Exchange Server to work? Thanks in advance, Paul Ivaska The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

Auto Filter problem

custom report filter by customer & supplier
We would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list with name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) filtered on customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in the past. We do use Vera Bradley as a department. The output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the total customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus show Vera Bradley in their detailed customer purchases. The report would give us just the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing purposes. The report would need to be...

Auto-Editing

Customer Experience Improvement Program
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I can't open any Office applications. When I try I get the prompt to enroll in the CEIP. I click "No" and then I get a prompt to check for updates. I do that and it says no updates available, and when i click OK it closes the window but doesn't open the program. I'm stuck in a loop, Please help. You should find that this will resolve it (I'm assuming Office 2008 since you didn't specify). If not let us know: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/install_update.html#fails2 HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Of...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

More work schedule creation trouble
In my last discussion, I needed to deduct a lunch period without listing an in and out time. That problem was rectified. Thank you Gord Dibben!!! Now I want to total the number of scheduled hours for the week. If I have an associate scheduled off for a day, the daily hours worked calculation is blown, thus no week total is available. Here's an example of the daily hours worked formula - =TEXT((O3-N3)-TIME(0,30,0),"h:mm"). I have created dropdowns for the in and out cells that contain times (ie 7:00 AM, 6:00 PM). I would like to be able to have a zero time worked value in t...

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

CFileDialog Customization
CFileDialog Customization I'm in the process of customizing the CFileDialog class using MFC for use as as a file open dialog. I would like to know when the ListView in the File Open Dialog box has changed to a lower level directory. I believe the correct way to do this is by using the OnCmdMsg Override as provided by MFC. I believe I need to use the pExtra pointer to determine the 'direction' of the folder change in the ListView of the Common Dialog. If this is correct, can someone tell me how to use the pExtra pointer in the OnCmdMsg Override for CFileDialog? If not, h...

OWA auto login

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

Auto look through subfolders

HOWTO : Export/Import customizations from mscrm to mscrm
Hi, Can we export customizations done in one MSCRM server to other. I have created few forms and published at my site ie. at Adventure Works Cycle. I want to export the same to the clents site i.e Production environnment. on the Client's MSCRM system. Any ideas ? Please help!!! Thanks in advance Anand Sagar do to deployment manager and then expert customizations then go to new server and to import customizations form deployment manager "Bhaskar" <cyberbhaskar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uN1dyYDhDHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, Can we export customiza...

Test number of decimal places in Currency format
How can I interrogate the system (Windows, I guess) to find out how many decimal places are specified in its Currency format? Alternatively, how can I test a number that's been entered to ensure that the user did not enter more decimal places than the Windows currency format permits (Access will store what's entered, but I want to reject what's been entered if it's not according to the Regional settings). Bob Randy Birch has code to give you details about the defined Locale Currency information at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/locale/localecurrency.htm Note, though, th...

IMF Updates and custom scoring via MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
Regarding the new IMF update process (KB907747), Just so I understand my role here or maybe someone has a different interpretation of the KB article or (better yet) a workaround. The notes would seem to indicate that with every update I need to copy my MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml file into the newly created folder of ..\bin\MSCFv2\<IMF update version> for my custom keywords to be integrated into the IFM scoring process. No registry setting I can just create and have my .xml file exist in one location and have all updates use it? Thanks Don It indicates you need to copy it to t...

PivotTable: Customized Calculations
I have salary data in an EXCEL spreadsheet (each row contains the salary for one individual). I wish to construct a PivotTable that counts the number of individuals in each of several salary intervals that I would specify ($0 - $19,999; $20,000 - $29,000, etc.) How do I do this? I believe that reporting on such customized calculations are possible, but I can't find any explicit guidance. Thanks for your help. You could add a column to the data table, and calculate the salary groupings there. Create a lookup table with the categories, e.g.: 0 $0-$19,999 20000 $20-$29...

Auto date

Replace default CRM form with custom form
I have developed a custom form to represent a custom CRM entity. I would like to load that form when the user double-clicks a record from the lookup list in CRM. I'm pretty sure I do this either in the isv.config file or sitemap.xml file. I've setup both to load this form from either a button or from the Navbar, but neither of these will attach the proper GUID for the record the user wants to open. So can you trigger a custom form to load in place of the default one that CRM creates? Thanks for your assistance. Paul ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Automate Fokder Creation And Sorting In Outlook
Greetings I am trying to find a way to automate my sorting and folder creation.. Is there any way to create new folders (semi)automatically to sort the incoming mail. I am getting about 500 - 2000 pieces a day and don't have time to sort all of them Any ideas as to how this could be accomplished? TIA -Minitman Hi Minitman, As far as the information i have i don't think there is an option to automatically create new folder. It is quiet easy to create folder. Create a folder : On the File menu, point to New, and then click Folder. In the Name box, enter a na...

Custom Dictionary Not Available
Since I installed,I continue to get the subject line's error message whenever I start word. It's really annoying. Has anyone else seen this/been able to get rid of it? Word expects a Custom Dictionary to be available. If you don't have one -- or if yours is corrupt -- just create a new one. Someone could provide more specific information if you had given some idea what version of the program on which operating system you happen to be dealing with. If you're using a PC [this is the group for Mac Office] you'll find the Win Office groups here: http://www.microsoft.com...