Auto assigning department Codes to a Project

We have many projects set up - within each project we assign multiple
resources.  The resources are often from different departments.  Today, we
set up a project for each department as we cannot seem to make PA
"dynamically" assign our department value based upon the person assigned to
the project.  Is it possible to have a project dynamicaly assign a department
code (a GL segment) based upon the person assigned to the project?
--
Dave

Not without customization using VBA or Dexterity.

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"David Schmidtknecht" wrote:

> We have many projects set up - within each project we assign multiple
> resources.  The resources are often from different departments.  Today, we
> set up a project for each department as we cannot seem to make PA
> "dynamically" assign our department value based upon the person assigned to
> the project.  Is it possible to have a project dynamicaly assign a department
> code (a GL segment) based upon the person assigned to the project?
> --
> Dave
0
callen (2505)
11/15/2005 4:50:05 PM
How are you assigning department values to a project right now. It seems that
you can only enter one department per project.

"David Schmidtknecht" wrote:

> We have many projects set up - within each project we assign multiple
> resources.  The resources are often from different departments.  Today, we
> set up a project for each department as we cannot seem to make PA
> "dynamically" assign our department value based upon the person assigned to
> the project.  Is it possible to have a project dynamicaly assign a department
> code (a GL segment) based upon the person assigned to the project?
> --
> Dave
0
Jack4963 (285)
11/15/2005 5:06:20 PM
You should be able to get this done using Modifier with Visual Basic.

"Jack" wrote:

> How are you assigning department values to a project right now. It seems that
> you can only enter one department per project.
>
> "David Schmidtknecht" wrote:
>
> > We have many projects set up - within each project we assign multiple
> > resources.  The resources are often from different departments.  Today, we
> > set up a project for each department as we cannot seem to make PA
> > "dynamically" assign our department value based upon the person assigned to
> > the project.  Is it possible to have a project dynamicaly assign a department
> > code (a GL segment) based upon the person assigned to the project?
> > --
> > Dave
0
Shariq (273)

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

How do I change the "Project Type" in "law Firm Financial Analys..
he "Lawfirm Financial Analysis Worksheet" currently has only attorney related "Projects Types," e.g., bankruptcy, forming corporations, amublence chasing. I'd like to modify the worksheet so it would fit other professions, i.e., engineering, consulting, and the like. Are these worksheets, including the law firm financial analysis worksheet, modifyable? If you download the worksheet: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/TC011406201033.aspx you should be able to modify it. Clear the existing project types, and replace them with the ones you need. seanac...

Auto-Calculate

Common code DB (MDA/MDE)
I'm currently workling in a middle office environment, and I've created multiple databases for various groups, and I dislike the idea of copying code into each DB, since much of the code is generic/ wrapped modules that can be reused, I wanted to cut down on the code redundancy and consolidate in a single MDE/MDA. Are there any good references, or does anyone have any good pointers? James Igoe http://code.comparative-advantage.com/ <james.igoe@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:1191518291.004259.217710@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > > I'm currently workli...

auto copy self

Outlook 2007 Changed the Way Assigned Tasks are Updated?
We assign tasks. In OL 2003, when a task owner changes something in an assigned task, such as the due date, an email which updates the task is sent to the assignor. The assignor then has to double click the email which then changes the task in their folder to match the task in the asignee's folder. It appears that in OL 2007, it all works the same, EXCEPT, the updating email that comes into the assignor's inbox is processed automatically: the task is updated and the updating email dissappears. I like to see those update emails and double click on them to stay aware of changes. Doe...

Help me understand this code
Hi everyone, A coworker came to me with an Excel sheet with dropdown controls on it She wanted the dropdown control to not be visible when the sheet i printed, while the selected data in the dropdown still be printed. Eas enough, I thought, just gotta change the combobox properties. Turns out it wasn't quite that easy. The dropdowns seem to be create with something that vaguely resembles XML, but isn't quite that either. As far as I can tell, this is the code that creates th dropdown: Code ------------------- <v:shape id="_x0000_s1186" type="#_x0000_t201&quo...

Zebra 2844 printer installed, just printing the label code instruc
Hi Folks, I just installed the lp2844 and I am just testing it with the default zebra.lbl. Although I will use 2" instead of 4 inch I just wanted to test. The printer is printing out the actual text of the zebra.lbl instead of processing the instructions. Now I did a default install of the printer and am using the windows driver. Is this the mistake? Thanks Kevin Hi Kevin - my understanding is the zebra.lbl template uses a generic text printer driver, not the windows driver - try testing the avery templates, these should work fine on windows drivers if that's what you...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

No Attachment Warning
I had this code in Outlook 2003 it warned me when I sent email without attachment if it found the word attached in the email. It doesn't work in Outlook 2007, please help. Thanks. Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim lngres As Long If InStr(1, Item.Body, "attach") <> 0 Then If Item.Attachments.Count = 0 Then lngres = MsgBox(" Found 'Attach' in message, but no attachment found - send anyway?", _ vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2 + vbQuestion, "You asked me to warn you...") If lngres = vbNo Th...

Auto look through subfolders

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Campaign code
We have made a change to the pick list in Campaign response and now receive an error when we try and access it. It works once then generates an error Is there anyway to access it again? -- mike ...

How to code <A> target attribute

Auto date

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Excel error codes translations

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...