Assembly

Hi

We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come
back
often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the
procedure on GP be for doing this - "dis-assemble"

Neil
0
neil7418 (200)

Techknowledge Article #903696 offers a lengthy discussion of this.

As far as I know there is no disassemble transaction in Inventory BOM or
Manufacturing.

"Neil" wrote:

> Hi
>
> We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come
> back
> often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the
> procedure on GP be for doing this - "dis-assemble"
>
> Neil
0
SteveChapman (349)
8/3/2006 3:42:02 PM
Steve,

Stupid question - where would I find this article?

Neil

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> Techknowledge Article #903696 offers a lengthy discussion of this.
>
> As far as I know there is no disassemble transaction in Inventory BOM or
> Manufacturing.
>
> "Neil" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come
> > back
> > often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the
> > procedure on GP be for doing this - "dis-assemble"
> >
> > Neil
0
neil7418 (200)
8/4/2006 1:26:02 PM
Log on to Customer Source:

http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/customersource.mspx

And then navigate to Support >> Knowledge Base

If you don't have a Customer Source login, contact your reseller, and they
can set you up quickly.

"Neil" wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Stupid question - where would I find this article?
>
> Neil
>
> "Steve Chapman" wrote:
>
> > Techknowledge Article #903696 offers a lengthy discussion of this.
> >
> > As far as I know there is no disassemble transaction in Inventory BOM or
> > Manufacturing.
> >
> > "Neil" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come
> > > back
> > > often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the
> > > procedure on GP be for doing this - "dis-assemble"
> > >
> > > Neil
0
SteveChapman (349)
8/4/2006 3:04:03 PM
The article Steve mentioned is great if you are disassembling the items
returned.  If you are repairing the items and returning them to the customer
or to inventory assemblied, the you want to perform a repair.  There are two
ways to do this.

You can create a custom manufacturing order with a Repair Router.  Add the
items used in the repair on the fly as you issue materials and report all
time against  the repair labor.

If the repairs are simple, you might simply record on paper which items were
pulled from inventory for the repair and perform an inventory adjustment
(issue) to issue them from inventory to a repair expense account.

The first method would have the effect of increasing the cost of the item by
the repair parts/labor if you are using actual costing. If you are using
standard costing, the repair costs would be written to your variance accounts.

The second method captures repair costs in a repairs expense account.

Of course, you could disassemble completely the item, loosing all labor
costs, and reassemble the items.

You might be interested in our Manufacturing Cost Accounting book, due to be
released in 2 weeks.  Check out our web site.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> Log on to Customer Source:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/customersource.mspx
>
> And then navigate to Support >> Knowledge Base
>
> If you don't have a Customer Source login, contact your reseller, and they
> can set you up quickly.
>
> "Neil" wrote:
>
> > Steve,
> >
> > Stupid question - where would I find this article?
> >
> > Neil
> >
> > "Steve Chapman" wrote:
> >
> > > Techknowledge Article #903696 offers a lengthy discussion of this.
> > >
> > > As far as I know there is no disassemble transaction in Inventory BOM or
> > > Manufacturing.

0
info4071 (3004)
8/6/2006 6:29:01 PM
So if we get an item for repair (say XYZ), then you suggest creating a MO for
item XYZ with XYZ and other parts required for repair as its components.

Is this what you suggest? Will there be issues if a Great Plains MO will
have as its component the MO finished part number.

Stacey

"Richard L. Whaley MVP" wrote:

> The article Steve mentioned is great if you are disassembling the items
> returned.  If you are repairing the items and returning them to the customer
> or to inventory assemblied, the you want to perform a repair.  There are two
> ways to do this.
>
> You can create a custom manufacturing order with a Repair Router.  Add the
> items used in the repair on the fly as you issue materials and report all
> time against  the repair labor.
>
> If the repairs are simple, you might simply record on paper which items were
> pulled from inventory for the repair and perform an inventory adjustment
> (issue) to issue them from inventory to a repair expense account.
>
> The first method would have the effect of increasing the cost of the item by
> the repair parts/labor if you are using actual costing. If you are using
> standard costing, the repair costs would be written to your variance accounts.
>
> The second method captures repair costs in a repairs expense account.
>
> Of course, you could disassemble completely the item, loosing all labor
> costs, and reassemble the items.
>
> You might be interested in our Manufacturing Cost Accounting book, due to be
> released in 2 weeks.  Check out our web site.
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> Documentation for Software Users
>

> "Steve Chapman" wrote:
>
> > Log on to Customer Source:
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/customersource.mspx
> >
> > And then navigate to Support >> Knowledge Base
> >
> > If you don't have a Customer Source login, contact your reseller, and they
> > can set you up quickly.
> >
> > "Neil" wrote:
> >
> > > Steve,
> > >
> > > Stupid question - where would I find this article?
> > >
> > > Neil

0
Stacey (160)
8/7/2006 5:01:01 AM
It works fine, but requires paperwork.  I would only use the MO if the repair
is complex and the labor, machine, overhead is extensive.  If your typical
repair is a 2 minute swap of parts, do inventory issues of the parts.
--

"Stacey" wrote:

> So if we get an item for repair (say XYZ), then you suggest creating a MO for
> item XYZ with XYZ and other parts required for repair as its components.
>
> Is this what you suggest? Will there be issues if a Great Plains MO will
> have as its component the MO finished part number.
>
> Stacey
>
> "Richard L. Whaley MVP" wrote:
>
> > The article Steve mentioned is great if you are disassembling the items
> > returned.  If you are repairing the items and returning them to the customer
> > or to inventory assemblied, the you want to perform a repair.  There are two
> > ways to do this.
> >
> > You can create a custom manufacturing order with a Repair Router.  Add the
> > items used in the repair on the fly as you issue materials and report all
> > time against  the repair labor.
> >
> > If the repairs are simple, you might simply record on paper which items were
> > pulled from inventory for the repair and perform an inventory adjustment
> > (issue) to issue them from inventory to a repair expense account.
> >
> > The first method would have the effect of increasing the cost of the item by
> > the repair parts/labor if you are using actual costing. If you are using
> > standard costing, the repair costs would be written to your variance accounts.
> >
> > The second method captures repair costs in a repairs expense account.
> >
> > Of course, you could disassemble completely the item, loosing all labor
> > costs, and reassemble the items.
> >
> > You might be interested in our Manufacturing Cost Accounting book, due to be
> > released in 2 weeks.  Check out our web site.
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >

> > "Steve Chapman" wrote:
> >
> > > Log on to Customer Source:
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/customersource.mspx
> > >
> > > And then navigate to Support >> Knowledge Base
> > >
> > > If you don't have a Customer Source login, contact your reseller, and they
> > > can set you up quickly.

0
info4071 (3004)

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Assembly
Hi We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come back often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the procedure on GP be for doing this - "dis-assemble" Neil Techknowledge Article #903696 offers a lengthy discussion of this. As far as I know there is no disassemble transaction in Inventory BOM or Manufacturing. "Neil" wrote: > Hi > > We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come > back > often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the ...

Kit or Assembly
I want to be able to create a kit or assembly, using a Matrix Item Lookup Number. I sell bowling equipment and the kit to contain the Matrix of one particule ball with the various weights, shoes with various sizes and different bags for one price. When trying to do this, I have to select one from each category. This would create alot of Item Lookup Numbers if I have to do one for each. Suggestions? I have a similar problem with mattresses and mattress sets. A dozen different models, each with at least seven different sizes and either sold separately or as sets with a box spring--w...

How do you view Assembly Items?
I have got to be missing the obvious here, but how do you view a list of Assembly Items? From what I read, it should be an option on the Items screen, but I sure don't see it. Thanks in advance. Sort the item list by Item Type. Any thing marked with an "A" is an assembly. Open the properties for the assembly item and you will be able to view or edit it's contents... There is also an Assembly List report available in the Reports Library on Customer Source that may help. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -----------------...

INTEL Assembler
Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? -- Engineering On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:55:05 -0700, C Hill MBSC <CHillMBSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a >PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? I don't know... Trying comp.lang.asm.x86? MrAsm But what exactly you're trying to achieve by disabling interrupts? KeRaiseIrql or KeAcquireInterruptSpinlock is not good enough? "C Hill MBSC&...

hexedit assembly
Hello How can I ensure that a assembly (dll) is not manipulated (e.g. hexeditor). I thought that sign the assembly (snk-File), this ensures. I have tried the following. 1. Create assembly Test.Dll with AssemblyVersionAttribute("1.1.*") and sign with Test.snk (Property-Page and/or AssemblyKeyFileAttribute(@"Test.snk") 2. Create UseTest.Exe with reference to Test.Dll. --> Now UseTest.Exe requires the desired Test.Dll, ok However, I can manipulate Test.dll (Hexeditor) an use it !! e.g. Class Test1 in Test.Dll public class Test1 { ...

Removing items from Assemblies
We are using MSRMS with HQ. At the store level, we have set security so that no changes can be done to items. All changes are made at HQ and then transmitted to the stores. We have encountered a problem though when trying to change assembly items. We are able to add items to assemblies or change the quantity in an assembly. The change takes effect after running a 250 that includes the item number changed. What we have not been able to do is remove items from an assembly. We remove the item at the HQ. We have then run a 250 in various ways in an attempt to have that change transm...

Interop assembly
Hi! How can I see if an Interop assembly does not include metadata ? Is it as easy as if the Interop assembly does not include this row // Metadata version: then there is no metadata included ? //Tony ...

Error 1 fatal error C1107: could not find assembly 'BeckmanCoulter.Algorithms.BarracudaGraphics.dll': please specify the assembly search path using /AI or by setting the LIBPATH environment variable
Hello, We have a MFC application that connect a sets of dlls ( they are in C#). I got the following error. I checked the reference it is fine. I also see all of the C# dlls the application needs that are inside Debug folder. Error 1 fatal error C1107: could not find assembly 'BeckmanCoulter.Algorithms.BarracudaGraphics.dll': please specify the assembly search path using /AI or by setting the LIBPATH environment variable k:\hjia_algorithms_barracuda_graphics_scr108\algorithms\barracuda\graphics\development\mfcexample\UserControlEventHandler.h 5 Thansk for any help. Haiping Be...

Large assemblies/fewer quantity or Smaller assemblies/Larger quantities.
Hello. What is the thinking these days concerning assembly size vs. assembly quantity? With .Net 4 in mind, should I have one BLL assembly with every BLL domain model class in it, several large BLL assemblies with different BLL domain model classes in it, or smaller, more fine-grained assemblies? I'm interested in seceral factors, like maintanability, performance, and any others that you may have in mind. I've looked around for MS guidance but can't seem to find current information. Thanks in advance, Mike ...

Problem with quanities in Assembly-newbie
We have been learning and setting up RMS for a while now and everyday we hit a new wall. This is probably because we are newbie’s at the RMS so we are probably missing something simple. We are a computer assembly shop and we are putting assemblies into RMS. If we create an assembly with a serialized part with a quantity of 2 (like memory) it gives us an error in the POS when we bring it up. "Invalid operation 423: Only one serial item allowed per line". If we try and add the lines separate in the assembly we get the error: "Selected item is already a member of this assembly...

Serialized Kits or Assembly Items? A Functionality Question
Hi there! We are new to the RMS world, and seem to be stumbling on a key concept. We want to sell a computer system, built from components in inventory. Naturally we want to record serial numbers for each item whether it be sold individually or as part of a system build. Additionally we want the computer itself to have a serial number. I don't see a way to create a kit that contains serialized items, and when we make an assembly item the price comes out wrong. (The computer costs less than the retail price of all the components.) Can anyone help out with a strategy or give insight...

assembly items on the fly?
Hi, does anyone know how to apply a quantity discount for items with different sku's but in the same category? Let's say I sell cans of soda at a store and I have 100 different kinds of soda for sale. Each kind has a different sku (100 different sku's). I'd like to sell 1 can of soda for $1, but if you buy 2 cans of soda the price drops to $.75/each. So, it's a simple quantity discount, but the point is you wouldn't know which 2 types of soda each customer would buy. How could you apply a quantity discount to a group of items if you aren't sure which items would go ...

Protecting My Assembly DLL
Hi All, All you know that, if you develop dotnet application, It s not hard to use it by someone, no matter it s an application or assembly dll I tried a solution against this, Think about I have an application consist of "one login form, launcher", "one main application, lets say MDI form" form and an assembly dll (real business application thatt shouldn't be used or decompiled by others) If I encrypt my dll file with another delphi application before deployment When user runs my delphi launcher application (consists one login form), after auth...

2005 Assemblies
Are SQL Server 2005 Assemblies the new, improved, lemon freshened version of SQL Server 2000 Extended Stored Procedures? I guess you could say so. Effectively you can write a .net assembly (therefore any .net language) that can be hooked into by a function or stored procedure in order to provide functionality or performance gains (over relational engine) when those kind of operations are suited to this. The assemblies are in process and so quicker than oracles implementation, and not all parts of the framework are allowed to be used natively in sql for varying reasons. ...

Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime ... Please, how to solve this
Hello, I am working with VS 2010 / NET 4.0 to create a simple WPF / C# application. I am using the following assemblies: Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo The project builds fine but when I run it I get the following error: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? Is this because my NET is 4.0 and the assemblies are in 2.0? If t...

Make assembly items inactive?
We have treated our reconditioned used bikes as assemblies with labor & std items added to the serial bike item. I am cleaning up our inventory list and can find no way of making assemblies inactive when they are no longer available. Is this because an assembly is rather like a template where items are not committed until they are sold. In this case meaning that deleting an assembly would not loose the sales history of it's individual items. Some please correct me if I am wrong. And, all things considered, does it not seem that my used bikes would be better handled as a "...

Assembly Report
Before I try to reinvent the wheel, does anyone have a report that lists assembled items and the items that they are comprised of? It would be a useful reference on the shop floor. Thanks, Holly Thank you, this is a great help! >-----Original Message----- >Here's one I made long ago... You will probably need to modify it to get >what you want... > >-- >Glenn Adams >Tiber Creek Consulting >http://www.tibercreek.com >glenn@tibercreek.com >---------------------------------------------- >Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses her...

CRM assemblies
Hello, I wrote an aspx page that receives an XML message from Biztalk and creates an Account in CRM, but I am having some problems, probably because the CRM assemblies have not been registered on the Biztalk machine. The aspx page is running on the Biztalk machine, but calls methods from the CRM sdk. Do I need to register the CRM dll's on that machine, or can I just copy them somewhere? Thanks, Daniel. ...

Assembly labels
Is there a way to print out assembly items as a whole, so that you dont have to print out labels for for each item in the assembly (so you can use the component price (discount price) in the barcode). This way you can actually use the barcode for assembly items. ...

Assembly Items
I noticed for the first time in doing an assembly item, that I can list the prices myself, which helps because I have a product which contains 5 items...the problem I run into is when the assembly is scanned, you can go through and delete items one by one...and the customer would get a discounted price on certain items if the cashier wanted to be dishonest...is there a way to have the transaction canceled if one item from the assembly is deleted? -- Thank You,; Vince One way you could prevent this is with a kit. The other way is with Cashier permissions; remove the "Allowed to del...

Assembling Products
I have a small business where I assemble computers to sell. When I buy parts I addd them to my inventory, no problem. However when I create an invoice I want to just to list the computer and it's final price and not list every component and their prices. Is there a way to create an inventory item (the computer itself) using parts from the inventory? What you need is a Bill of Materials capability. I don't think that MSMoney H&B offers this. A Google search will reveal many, many Materials Resource Planning (MRP) packages that will do this. They will also allow you to set...

Assembly Quantity
I would like to add the unposted Assembly quantities to the Inventory Stock Status report. How do I create that link so I can pull the quantities onto this report? Amy, Are you using Inventory/BOM Assembly transactions or GP Manufacturing Work Orders?? Richard L. Whaley http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Amy" wrote: > I would like to add the unposted Assembly quantities to the Inventory Stock > Status report. How do I create that link so I can pull the quantities onto > this report? Disregard this question. I have figured it out. Thanks for your reply. &qu...

assembly instruction nop
hi? I tried to add a nop instruction to resethandler of the startup.s like following. ; Before modification ResetHandler LED_ON 0x1 ; After mod ResetHandler LED_ON 0x1 nop LED_ON 0x2 nop But it creates a compile error of 'no immediate rotate operand can be created: -1128'. Is there anybody who is familar with assembly? is it ARM instruction set? is LED_ON a Macro? what you are doing in LED_ON? -- vinoth.R http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com http://www.e-consystems.com "daniel" wrote: > hi? > I tried to a...

Assembly code in driver source with x64 build not working
Hi I need to read/write acpi registers using portio driver which is got from WinDDK7600 version. I added some ASM code in my driver source for read/write as follows, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- __asm { MOV ECX, Reg_Addr // address of the reg to be written MOV EAX, Value1 // First value to be written MOV EDX, Value2 // second value to be written WRMSR } -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...