ASP.NET Customer Portal

We have some web portals for clients (14 in total) and are using CATALook
Store for online purchases.  We are implementing Great Plains 9.0 as our
fulfillment/accounting  software. Can we use .NET 1.1 to hook into web
services, (e-connect) or do we have to use .Net 2.0 as it suggests in Web
Services Documentation.

Also. anybody with examples of how you would call the 9.0 web services
(e-connect) with ASP.NET 1.1.

Thanks.

0
simon5317 (1)

S:

When MS makes a "suggestion" with respect eConnect and its compatibility
with other software, treat that as the equivalent of saying "Well, you can
try it but we don't think it will work.  Why not upgrade to .Net 2.0 and
call us back?"

So, I suggest you go with 2.0.   With that said, the doc says the following:

<<SNIP
Requirements
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 redistributable and Microsoft Data Access
Components 2.7 are both required. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
redistributable is installed upon eConnect installation and Microsoft Data
Access Components can be found at the link provided or on the Great Plains
9.0 CD. Also note that this service will only work with a data provider type
of SQLClient.

END SNIP>>

So, you may be able to use 1.1 and have it work fine (I've always deployed
9.0 under 2.0 and so don't have direct experience for you).

For examples of how to call eConnect, install the product on a test machine
and then review the CHM file (the help file).  After that, go to the install
directory and find the folder eConnect samples.  Two folders exist called
"VB DOT NET Sales Order Concole Application" and "CSHAR Sales Order Concole
Application".  Both have excellent examples for driving in SO docs both of
which should be applicable to .Net 1.1 or 2.0.

Once you've done that, if you still need help, post back specific questions.
There's quite a few people around that have extraordinary knowledge of
econnect (I am average at best - the other folks on here make me look like a
piker).

Dwight

"SLacey" <simon@ajbart.com> wrote in message
> We have some web portals for clients (14 in total) and are using CATALook
> Store for online purchases.  We are implementing Great Plains 9.0 as our
> fulfillment/accounting  software. Can we use .NET 1.1 to hook into web
> services, (e-connect) or do we have to use .Net 2.0 as it suggests in Web
> Services Documentation.
>
> Also. anybody with examples of how you would call the 9.0 web services
> (e-connect) with ASP.NET 1.1.
>
> Thanks.

Dwight, I agree.

A couple other things to consider are:

1. If you are simply calling into the web services Visual Studio 2003 (.Net
1.1) or Visual Studio 2005 (.Net 2.0) can be used.  I believe the
requirements listed below are for the web services themselves.  That said I
am almost positive you can run a program running the 1.1 version of .Net
under the .Net 2.0 CLR.

2. The web services are a wrapper for eConnect.  So you need eConnect for
the Web Services to operate.  So now you have the option to call the web
services or call eConnect directly.  There are a few options for doing this
and depending on which you choose you must consider any applicable threading
issues.  The main drivers for making your decisions are Web Services are
currently a sub set of eConnect document support/functionality.  Also what
comfort level/expertise exists for the implementation of both technologies.
I have been dealing with eConnect since v7.5 and v9 is the first version
with these new options.  It seems to be moving in the right direction.

Michael Gorman
Flexible Solutions

"Dwight Specht" <Dwight_Specht@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> S:
>
> When MS makes a "suggestion" with respect eConnect and its compatibility
> with other software, treat that as the equivalent of saying "Well, you can
> try it but we don't think it will work.  Why not upgrade to .Net 2.0 and
> call us back?"
>
> So, I suggest you go with 2.0.   With that said, the doc says the
> following:
>
> <<SNIP
> Requirements
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 redistributable and Microsoft Data Access
> Components 2.7 are both required. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
> redistributable is installed upon eConnect installation and Microsoft Data
> Access Components can be found at the link provided or on the Great Plains
> 9.0 CD. Also note that this service will only work with a data provider
> type of SQLClient.
>
> END SNIP>>
>
> So, you may be able to use 1.1 and have it work fine (I've always deployed
> 9.0 under 2.0 and so don't have direct experience for you).
>
> For examples of how to call eConnect, install the product on a test
> machine and then review the CHM file (the help file).  After that, go to
> the install directory and find the folder eConnect samples.  Two folders
> exist called "VB DOT NET Sales Order Concole Application" and "CSHAR Sales
> Order Concole Application".  Both have excellent examples for driving in
> SO docs both of which should be applicable to .Net 1.1 or 2.0.
>
> Once you've done that, if you still need help, post back specific
> questions. There's quite a few people around that have extraordinary
> knowledge of econnect (I am average at best - the other folks on here make
> me look like a piker).
>

> Dwight
>

> "SLacey" <simon@ajbart.com> wrote in message
>> We have some web portals for clients (14 in total) and are using CATALook
>> Store for online purchases.  We are implementing Great Plains 9.0 as our
>> fulfillment/accounting  software. Can we use .NET 1.1 to hook into web
>> services, (e-connect) or do we have to use .Net 2.0 as it suggests in Web
>> Services Documentation.
>>
>> Also. anybody with examples of how you would call the 9.0 web services
>> (e-connect) with ASP.NET 1.1.
>>
>> Thanks.

customize query
I have a query that shows several fields (ie. first name, last name, acct #, date, address, value). I would like to create a form whereby the user would select only the fields (by selecting the approriate check box) they would like to see once the query is ran. For example, a user may only want to see 3 out of the 6 fields available fields. I would think something would be needed in the query design to turn the "show" option on or off. Can this be done? Try changing the SQL within the query using code, something like Dim MySQL As String MySQL = "Select " MySQL = M...

ASP to ASP.NET --- XMLHTTP error--XML document must have a top level element
Hi i am converting an ASP page to ASP.NET. The original ASP code works perfectly but in ASP.NET i am getting the error "XML document must have a top level element." I have checked the XML being sent and it looks exactly the same as the live (working version). The back end code has not changed at all. The client side code is as follows: Dim xmlhttp, WISERServer WISERServer = "JK-VM1/production/Pages/XML.asp" xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.XmlHttp.4.0") xmlhttp.open("GET", WISERServer, False) xmlhttp.setReques...

.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update
Hi I am unable to install the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update - error code 0x643 (tried dozens of times). I have found a resolution on the MS site but it does not show me where to find .NET Framework version 2.0 SP2, version 3.0 SP2 or version 3.5 SP1 which I will need to reinstall after deleting the originals and running the cleanup utility. Any ideas? Search this newsgroup for "643." -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "Mac 33" <Mac33@discussions.mic...

Sending mail from an ASP webpage
Hi all, We have just converted to Windows SBS2003 with Exchange 2003. Our intranet and a few other internal webbased systems used to rely on CDO Mail to send emails via these webpages (be they webmail type pages or alerts etc). We were running a Win2K server before hand and were able to use the Default SMTP Virtual Server to send our mail with. Now that we have upgraded, it has changed somewhat and it appears to no longer operate in the same fashion. IIS is considerably different (which i'm slowly getting the hang of) and we now use exchange as our mail server. How do we set this new m...

How to revoke rights to customers using scribe
Hello, Can somebody give me an idea on how to remove rights/sharing capability to customers using Scribe? ...

vb.net Datagridview RowValidating
Greetings, The code below never sets the current cell to the error location, allowing user to correct the mistake (see below), though does display the error message. This is activated when they press tab to leave the row (RowValidating) and the next row is populated with values from DefaultValuesNeeded I was wondering where my logic and code have failed me, instead of setting the focus to the cell containing the error it moves to the next row with the default values set but the error logo and text displayed? Thanks Rob 'Validation for day of weekends Select Case Dir...

Custom CView in CWinApp based project
Hello, I'm trying to create an SDI application in whitch i would my CDocument object is composed by in the one hand a view with a combobox and a Tree, in the other hand a view containing an image List. Each view is separate by a splitter. I've created resource Dialog Box for the view containing the combobox and the tree and i derive it from CFormView In the CMainFrame::OnCreateClient, i'm using the CSplitterWnd Object to create each view. mplitter.CreateStatic( this, 1,2 ); mSplitter.CreateView( 0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS( MyClassDerivedFromCFormView), CSize(100,100), pContext ) mSpli...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

Custom Functions Available for all Workbooks
I have created some customized functions no the PERSONAL.XLSB file but I cannot use them in any other workbook i use. I have plenty macros on this PERSONAL file and they all work well everywhere, but i dont see to find how to make the functions work in the same way. Is it possible to do this? Thank you. click on the Fx symbol to the left of the formula bar. In the pop up use the Category selector to choose User-defined. You'll find your functions there "Diego Miranda" wrote: > I have created some customized functions no the PERSONAL.XLSB file but I &g...

Programming in .ASP
the variables in the URL are populate above and are valid. when I send the email to myself or other local developers, no issue, the URL is correct, however, sometimes when sent to customers, the url will read: http://www.someurl.com/?name=Me&location=there&em%0D%0A%20ail=test@someurl.com&hash=ABCABC123 where does the %0D%0A%20 come from, what adds that to the url, which obviously makes it invalid and doesn't work for the customer. Any ideas would be great. iConf = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") iConf.Fields.item("http...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net I don't like the site because 1) There are 3 sets of adverts on each page 2) The page is fixed with, which is very annoying. I am reading on a wide-screen laptop but find I am limited to approximately 60 characters per line, I can't read articles like that! Pete ...

references for CRM customization,lookup
need references for CRM 3.0 customization? and:: in account form i like to add new filed to add new information about this account this informaion i like to retrive from other look up form . how can i build a button to call the form and select data?? thanx. ...

Customization Associated View for Activity
Hi all, As everybody knows it is not possible to customize the entity "Activity"...However are we able to modify in CRM the associated view for the activities? It seems not...;-( For instance by default the associated view of activities for an account are Object activity, Type and Statut. I would just add in the associate view the creation date or the created by. Is that possible? Otherwise is there a workaround for this problem without creating a new form? Thanks in advance for your answer. Regards Not possible with current version. Use c360's Activity Summary i...

xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete
Hello, I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around Thansk Alejandro P. ? <alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esj0OEWYEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration > App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but > not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around > >...

Custom Fields/Formulas Receiving an error "NA" in Project Center
Hello All, Was wondering if I could get some help, we are running project server 2007 latest edition with all patches. And are running a custom formula. "IIf([Milestone]=Yes,"Milestone",IIf([PPC_Result]>=1,"100.00%",IIf([Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Finish]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Duration]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"No Baseline",IIf([Baseline Start]>Now(),"Baseline start in future",Format(([PPC_NUM]/[Baseline Duration]),"percent")))))" The formula runs off a ...

Can RMS be customzied to accept customer 'trade in' merchandise?
Client runs an antique store. Can Dynamics RMS Accept an item in on trade and provide a credit to the store for the value of the item, then either cash or a credit (via a gift card) to the customer. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsof...

ASP.Net
Hi, I have a few questions about ASP.Net, as I've been using it for a while but my knowledge of the "big picture" is patchy in some areas. Any help would be appreciated... - Where is the line between "native" language features (e.g. in JScript), and those features which are part of .Net (or whatever), common to all .Net languages? Or put another way, how are the .Net facilities "mapped" onto a particular language? (I'm sorry of this question is somewhat vague...) - In a closely-related matter, do any languages have issues accessing the full A...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

How to start an application or ASP.NET project in VS 2008
I have a problem. I'm working on "brushing up" on my MSVS 2008/ SQL Server 2008. Both these are installed on my laptop. When I start up MSVS 2008 and select "New" then "Project" I can see the Business Intelligence Projects templates, which is not what I need right now, and I can see a selection for Other Project Types templates. However, selecting the Other Project Types I see no templates at all!? Is there someplace I can download these templates? Thanks so much for your help. Steve "S_K" <steve_kershaw@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Custom toolbar
Hello, All! Where are custom toolbars located? Thanks, Colonel Blip. E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com Right-click any toolbar. View, Toolbars -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:OgfQsYgSFHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, All! > > Where are custom toolbars located? > > Thanks, > Colonel Blip. > E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com > Hello, Mary! You wrote on Tue, 26 A...

define managed unions in vc++.net #2
Hi, I want to define the managed union in VC++.net. I have defined the union at the file scope level in the header as follows: [Serializable] public union xyz { Stud^ Student; String^ Rank; }; But I get a compile error as follows: error C4959: cannot define unmanaged union 'xyz' in /clr:safe because accessing its members yields unverifiable code The Stud is the managed structure at file scope level. Unions are generally a bad idea; the core principle usually deals with minimizing storage allocation, which is in cases like you show below is pretty pointless, since you are savin...

Distributing custom themes?
Apologies if this has been answered, but I cannot find it anywhere in the group. I need to make a custom theme for my business unit. That's fine, I've figured out how to do it, but now I don't know how to actually distribute it. It was easy with POT files, but this theme business has me utterly confused. How would I go about distributing a custom theme throughout my business unit? Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated. I think http://www.elijournals.com/premier/showArticle.asp?aid=26655 will help explain. Basically, you'd distribute the t...

Custom scrollbars?
I hate the traditional scroll bar from access - as it takes up the space with a tan spot. Is it possible to create your own with a couple of command buttons or images, etc? ...

Request.Form error in asp.net
We have a web page that displays dated notes kept in SQL table. The users have apparently done a copy/paste of email content into the nvarchar(max) column. Now, when we read it in edit on a web form we are getting the error below. Can anyone help us avoid this issue as the web page crashes. Thanks. An unhandled exception occurred: Message: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$ContentMain$fvActivityHistory$txtActivityNotes="...g, Teresa <tgering@aging.net> w..."). Stack Trace: at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateSt...