AR: Bulk Void of Invoices

Is there a way to bulk void a range of AR invoices in Great Plains
10?  I have a user who imported in a batch of invoices that they
shouldn't have and there is about 300 of them so 1 by 1 is going to be
tedious.

Thanks,
Jason
0
webberland (61)

Is the batch already posted? If not, you could use the Receivables Batch
Entry screen to choose the batch and delete.

If it's already posted, your only option is a SQL script.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Jason" wrote:

> Is there a way to bulk void a range of AR invoices in Great Plains
> 10?  I have a user who imported in a batch of invoices that they
> shouldn't have and there is about 300 of them so 1 by 1 is going to be
> tedious.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
6/19/2008 3:31:04 PM
They are already posted.

Jason

On Jun 19, 8:31=A0am, Mariano Gomez
<MarianoGo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is the batch already posted? If not, you could use the Receivables Batch
> Entry screen to choose the batch and delete.
>
> If it's already posted, your only option is a SQL script.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLChttp://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>
> "Jason" wrote:
> > Is there a way to bulk void a range of AR invoices in Great Plains
> > 10? =A0I have a user who imported in a batch of invoices that they
> > shouldn't have and there is about 300 of them so 1 by 1 is going to be
> > tedious.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Jason

0
webberland (61)
6/19/2008 4:15:16 PM
Jason,

Please contact me by email with the information below. I wrote a script that
will take care of this problem which I can provide to you.

Best regards,
--

"Jason" wrote:

> They are already posted.
>
> Jason
>
> On Jun 19, 8:31 am, Mariano Gomez
> <MarianoGo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Is the batch already posted? If not, you could use the Receivables Batch
> > Entry screen to choose the batch and delete.
> >
> > If it's already posted, your only option is a SQL script.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLChttp://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >
> > "Jason" wrote:
> > > Is there a way to bulk void a range of AR invoices in Great Plains
> > > 10?  I have a user who imported in a batch of invoices that they
> > > shouldn't have and there is about 300 of them so 1 by 1 is going to be
> > > tedious.
> >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jason

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
6/19/2008 4:51:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_C7CBACA2

Hello

Thank you for using online communities

As others suggested if these are already posted there is no mass void.

It may be possible to do this through a script but this would technically
be unsupported.

Thank you
Michael Zerr
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Please note that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays with a

goal to provide ONE BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE to all posts.

If this response time does not meet your needs,

please contact CSS for more immediate assistance:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607
0
mzerr (26)
6/19/2008 10:34:26 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_08EA4FBA

Hello

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Kayla Backer

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_08EA4FBA

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Kayla Backer
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_08EA4FBA--

0
A-KABACK (111)
6/24/2008 12:42:40 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_128DA4EF

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Kayla Backer

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_128DA4EF

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_128DA4EF--

0
A-KABACK (111)

Direct Deposit
Customer just upgraded to GP10 and they are using Payroll with Direct Deposit. In doing a test on an employee - they have the following setup $50 to Savings Net to Checking Direct Deposit is set up as void checks. Entered a payroll transaction and the employee nets about $5....an actual check prints for the net; AND the ACH file is updated for the net as well. Why??? What are we missing in verifying? I did a similar test on my system and got a void check.... ...

Invoice and Payments #2
Hi, We have invoiced a customer in CurrencyA, but when we received the payment, it was in Currency B. The payment was applied to to the invoice, but now there is a difference in the customer balance by an amount of X. How can this be rectified, without any additional transations. Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed ...

UPDATE RM20101 on posting SOP invoice
Hi, I am wanting to have the RM20101 Description field be updated with the SOP10100.refrence field when the SOP invoice\return is posted. Currently the description field gets populated with the SOPNumber. A combination of batch and transaction posting is used, and when whatever is done - I only want it done for the current set of SOP docs that are being posted. Please advise the best way (and steps or script if possible) this can be done - without Dexterity: 1) VBA (maybe on the SOP Posting Journal) 2) Trigger on the RM20101 3) SQL Job 4) Anything else that I have not listed Thank you ...

AR aging by customer address
Have an immediate to need to create an AR aging report outside of GP using SSRS. Need to be able to report aging based on Customer and Address not just by customer. This includes receivables as well. What exactly are you looking for? Did you have a question? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Which version of GP are you using? Which SQL server version are you using ? Jivtesh Dynamics Blog : http://www.jivtesh.com/ On Nov 23, 9:54 pm, TMack <TM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have an immediate to need to create an AR aging report o...

data validation lists and invoices
Is it possible to automatically populate a cell, for ex. "cost pe unit", when a selection is madde from a drop down list (dat validation) created from an inventory list of products? On my invoice want to have drop down box with all products, select product from list have price per unit automatically populated, enter manually numbe used/sold, have formula calculate total price for total units...I jus can't figure out the auto population part. My product inventoru lis has about 250 items with varying prices. I copied the product list w/ any prolems to the data validation part of ...

Post/ void AR docs in prior year after close AR?
Can you post or void an AR transaction in 2008 after you have closed the year? -- Janey Janey, Yes, double check that the fiscal period(s) for the month/module are unchecked in Fiscal Periods Setup first (Tools > Setup > Company > Fiscal Periods). Also, just as an FYI - if you have already closed 20o9 for Receivables, this will not update the YTD numbers for 2008 (it will go into 2009 instead). -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Janey" <Janey@dis...

AR Overpayment
In GP 10, a customer over paid an invoice creating a credit on their account. They have now taken that credit agains another invoice, and paid the balance of the invoice. How do I apply the account credit to the invoice being paid along with the check being received? Thanks -- P McCarthy Go to Transactions > Sales > Apply Sales Documents, bring up the Customer, click on the lookup next to Document No., find the overpayment - it should be showing an Amount Remaining, select it, you will now see a list of the customer's invoices you can apply that overpayment to. -- Victor...

Template Invoice in Excel 2003
Can anyone please tell me how to enter the total value in total colum on the invoice template that comes with XL 2003? Thanks! ...

Void Deferral Transactions Problem
I am having a problem voiding some deferred transactions. I entered the transactions through Receivables Management. I can see these transactions under the customers in the Deferral Inquiry window. However, they do not show up in the Void Deferral Transactions window for me to void. Some other transactions entered the same way in the same batch as these but under different customers do show up. Cannot figure out why that would be. I have tried check links and deferral check links to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks! Paul ...

questions about bulk add user script
I am trying to trim a script that can bulk add user from excel , the code BulkAddFromExcel was downloaded from http://www.cdolive.net/download/ BulkAddFromExcel.zip that was made for win2000 AD and exch 2000. my environment is Exch2003+sp1 native mode on win2003+sp1, single domain I already changed those things such as server name, orgnizaiton name ... with my network environment. When I run it, there is no problem creating user account in AD, but it stops with an error at "Error IM enabling user ". Here are the codes and error numbers: .... ' Get IM Virtual Server, retur...

Invoice matching against returned goods
While trying to reconcile some returned items through PM, I found that even though goods were returned, someone was able to later enter an invoice against the receipt. Is this a bug in GP? Seems to me that if goods are returned, they shouldn't be available for invoice matching. No, it is not a bug. Say items were receivecd on day 1, the vendor mailed an invoice on day 2, the items returned on day 3 and the invoice received on day 4. The vendor will issue an adjustment but you need to enter the invoice to post the adjustment to. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 20...

MS Money 07- Payment in advance How to invoice?
I have a client who pays for my services in advance for the following 3 months. How do I generate an invoice in MS Money Plus 07 to reflect this mode of payment? Regards CyberJeff =?Utf-8?B?Y3liZXJqZWZm?= <cyberjeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 22 Mar 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > I have a client who pays for my services in advance for the following > 3 months. How do I generate an invoice in MS Money Plus 07 to reflect > this mode of payment? You don't give many details, but here are some ideas. Assuming it's a flat payment for three month's...

Change Void Date on AR Cash Receipt
Is there a way within Great Plains to change the void date of a cash receipt once it has been posted? It got posted to the wrong date and we are trying to do the bank reconcile. Jason Can't be done from the front-end Jason. You could go into the back- end and change the date directly in the SQL tables. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com This is a little off-base, but to do it from the UI have you considered putting in a Cash receipt with the incorrect date and then voiding it at the correct date? This would essentially zero out the 'wr...

2008 money invoice designer completely broken for me
Specs: Vista Ultimate Money 2k8 Home and Biz Trial Both updated I just downloaded the trial version of Money. I plan(ned?) on buying it and using it for my business. The first thing I did after installing, was open the Invoice Designer and try to create an invoice... I say try because it doesn't work -- at all. First, I tried to add my company logo but the logo box becomes attached to my mouse pointer and I cannot resize the logo. I have to hit ESC for the logo box to detach. No matter what I click on in the designer -- label, textbox, logo -- it becomes attached to my mouse...

Payables
I have a customer who is trying to void a payment that is fully applied When they select the document and click on the void button - they get the message 'You can't choose this document because it is part of a recoverable batch or is still in the process of posting. All the transactions for the supplier are in history and there do not appear to be any batches in recovery. Any suggestions would be appreciated Jean -- JB Run this script to see if table shows a UserID has the batch locked. USE DYNAMICS SELECT * FROM SY00800 When you go into batch it creates a row in table SY00800 ...

Invoice... Amount in letter
Since(As,Like) the quantities put in letter to the invoices in the reports since in the checks if there appears a field that allows you to put the amount but in Invoicing. That needs since I have the format already finished to stamp(print) you bill to the clients but it is necessary to have the quantity of the whole in letter ...

Error when bulk emailing
Here is the error as summarized to me by one of our techs: There is a feature where you can send bulk email and make it look like it came from another person or queue (whatever that is). User has tested that feature successfully in the past by sending a message to himself and he made it look like it came from one of the other sales persons. Today he was trying to us that feature for the first time in a real message. The message was destined to about 75 recipients, but when he tried to send it, this error (attached) came up, and once that error comes up, he can�t do anything in CRM. ...

AR aging #2
1. Is it true that AR aging report with options will print amounts in correct bucket even if aging is not run. If I do not perform aging, will my historical aging report come out correctly. 2. For a company that does not charge finance charges and does not print statements, what is the advantage of running aging process? --Scott Scott, Yes, the ageing reports will age the accounts even if the Ageing process has not been run. The Ageing process will (1) update the ageing buckets in the customer card; (2) provide aged amounts for use in Cyrstal Reports or any other external reporting...

Is it possible to disassemble text? (i.e. if Cell A1="AR-01", can I separate the AR?
I have several cells of text in the form: "AA-##-AA-##-A" where the "A" represents a letter and the "# represents a number. Is it possible to seperate the components betwee the dashes into separate cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you just want the numbers, tr =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",""),"A","" -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If the text and hyphens are always in the same position, how abou =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,MID(A1,6,4),""),LEFT(A1,3),""...

sending bulk email
Hi, I am trying to send an email to a list of bulk recipients in my contacts. An error comes up with 501 illegal address syntax.... could you please tell me what that means & how i can fix the situation. Cheers Carmen ...

Void Open Payables Transaction #2
This seems like it should be easier than it's turning out to be. One of our accounting staff accidentally entered an invoice for 12/14/2020 and it obviously needs to be voided. However I try to put in the void date of today and an error message pops up telling me "The void date cannot be before the document date". So I change the void date to 12/14/2020 and I don't the error message, but the transaction isn't removed from the list so it appears to not be voiding the transaction. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. Were is the transaction ...

Specific due date for invoices
Hello there, I am looking for a means to assign a specific date as a due date on an invoice, regardless of the date the invoice is entered. We have a program where if you order x amount, your invoice is not due until July 5th, regardless of whether you order in January, Feb, March, etc.... Everything I have seen is that due dates are driven off of terms, which either use specifc days of the month or number of days. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Jason ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for th...

AR statements
Why do 'ALL' transactions print on all customers' statements month after month even though most of them have been paid off months ago. HOw can I get it to only show current period trans. like any credit card statement? Somewhere there is a box that you check to say to print only statements with activity for that month but for the life of me I can't find that box right now. -- Elizabeth M. "NcS" <NcS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:456F5D65-E06D-44F6-9E38-FADA69FF307B@microsoft.com... > Why do 'ALL' transactions print on all cu...

Invoice print order
Can invoices be printed in customer NAME order? Laura, I don't believe so. The reason I don't believe that will work is that the sort is hard coded in Dexterity and while I haven't tested this in a while, I'm pretty sure the "sort by" clause as issue by Dexterity will override any user added sorts. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Laura Anne" <LauraAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FC967CD-80DC-431A-AA4F-F1FBC75F88F4@microsoft.com... >...

Void an open transactions that was entered as a Enter/Match Invoic
When I voided the vouchers due to a posting date error, I now can not re-enter them and match them to their purchase orders. Any suggestions? -- Ronna McArthur Accounting Manager ...