AP transaction description field lengthening

I would like to extend the AP transaction description field. I believe it is
a 30 char field. I have extender. Will that work? I do not have modifyer.
0
2020 (110)

You can't lengthen the field of a column in GP, I would recommend adding a
new field for your description and use that with Extender.  Search the posts
here on why that is a bad idea to stretch a field, there are a number of
reasons.
Mike

"2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to extend the AP transaction description field. I believe it
>is
> a 30 char field. I have extender. Will that work? I do not have modifyer.

I see. I thought I had extender because it show as checked in the
help>about>options; but it is not highlighted in tools;  is this something
that is on the cd?

"MichaelG" wrote:

> You can't lengthen the field of a column in GP, I would recommend adding a
> new field for your description and use that with Extender.  Search the posts
> here on why that is a bad idea to stretch a field, there are a number of
> reasons.
> Mike
>
> "2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to extend the AP transaction description field. I believe it
> >is
> > a 30 char field. I have extender. Will that work? I do not have modifyer.

0
2020 (110)
10/7/2008 11:53:01 PM
well, you have to install it (so yes it's on the cd) , and also verify that
your registration keys do open the tool

>I see. I thought I had extender because it show as checked in the
> help>about>options; but it is not highlighted in tools;  is this something
> that is on the cd?
>

> "MichaelG" wrote:
>
>> You can't lengthen the field of a column in GP, I would recommend adding
>> new field for your description and use that with Extender.  Search the
>> posts
>> here on why that is a bad idea to stretch a field, there are a number of
>> reasons.
>> Mike
>>
>> "2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would like to extend the AP transaction description field. I believe
>> >it
>> >is
>> > a 30 char field. I have extender. Will that work? I do not have
>> > modifyer.

2020,

My friend David Musgrave has a nice sample on how to extend the lenght of a
field using Modifier with VBA at his Developing for Dynamics GP blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/24/modifier-extending-the-length-of-a-field.aspx

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"2020" wrote:

> I see. I thought I had extender because it show as checked in the
> help>about>options; but it is not highlighted in tools;  is this something
> that is on the cd?
>

> "MichaelG" wrote:
>
> > You can't lengthen the field of a column in GP, I would recommend adding a
> > new field for your description and use that with Extender.  Search the posts
> > here on why that is a bad idea to stretch a field, there are a number of
> > reasons.
> > Mike
> >
> > "2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I would like to extend the AP transaction description field. I believe it
> > >is
> > > a 30 char field. I have extender. Will that work? I do not have modifyer.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/8/2008 12:50:00 AM
Unfortunately in his initial post he said he didn't have modifier.  :(
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> 2020,
>
> My friend David Musgrave has a nice sample on how to extend the lenght of a
> field using Modifier with VBA at his Developing for Dynamics GP blog:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/24/modifier-extending-the-length-of-a-field.aspx
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "2020" wrote:
>
> > I see. I thought I had extender because it show as checked in the
> > help>about>options; but it is not highlighted in tools;  is this something
> > that is on the cd?
> >

> > "MichaelG" wrote:
> >
> > > You can't lengthen the field of a column in GP, I would recommend adding a
> > > new field for your description and use that with Extender.  Search the posts
> > > here on why that is a bad idea to stretch a field, there are a number of
> > > reasons.
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > "2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Does not hurt to point him there either if one day he decides to register it.

Best regards,
--

"Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:

> Unfortunately in his initial post he said he didn't have modifier.  :(
> --
> Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>   cell: 972-814-8550
>   fax: 972-692-7472
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > 2020,
> >
> > My friend David Musgrave has a nice sample on how to extend the lenght of a
> > field using Modifier with VBA at his Developing for Dynamics GP blog:
> >
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/24/modifier-extending-the-length-of-a-field.aspx
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "2020" wrote:
> >
> > > I see. I thought I had extender because it show as checked in the
> > > help>about>options; but it is not highlighted in tools;  is this something
> > > that is on the cd?

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

cash receipt transactions
Hi all. I'm using eConnect to store cash receipt transactions (<taRMCashReceiptInsert> schema), and apply them to pending invoices (<taRMApply> schema). All these transactions are stored on-line, and are assigned a batch id for later posting to General Ledger (GL). The problem is when the transaction is multi-currency (payment is received in a currency other than the functional currency). In this case, I get an error telling me that multi-currency transactions must be posted (to GL) before applying them to pending documents. My questions: can I send a "post"...

APS server
i want to know the details of APS server "dinesh" <dinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E3CC452-8BA9-4664-A748-D31DFE439F12@microsoft.com... >i want to know the details of APS server Errr.... Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the term, but... APS server? -- f.h. Google is your friend. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, dinesh asked: | i want to know the details of APS s...

FIELDS NOT EDITABLE!
Hi, I have a problem. I know how to add a field but i dont know how I can make an existing field editable. If you look at a field like 'Price per Unit' in Opportunityproduct. You see that the price in the field can not be changed. There must be a way to change that. I already looked at the properties and i cant find nothing. Can somebody help me with this. S. Oumoulid ...

Adding and Linking Dates to Another Field
I have two (2) field in my form. Field 1 is called "Date" and field 2 is called "Due Date". I would like the "Due Date" field to automatically add 90 days from the "Date" field and have that updated in the "Due Date" field. I tried using the DateAdd function in the control box and also the default portion of the field. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, TomP For staters, change the name of the field you call Date. Date is an Access reserved word. Even when enclosing the name in brackets [Date], you can have problems. Wher...

AP Invoices on Hold
Hello! How can we put all AP transactions on hold after posting? Thanks!! Everything??? In V10 you can open the Payables Transactions List on the desktop (Click the Purchasing tile then select Payables Transactions in the Navigation Explorer), click the check box at the top of the list of transactions, and then click on the Apply Hold icon. You can also mark selected transactions or apply a filter to the list to select specific transactions. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check ou...

Tax details from PO to Receiving Transaction Entry
I created a Purchase Order in POP and it is including taxes, when i attempt to receive it, it does not default the tax amount previously entered in PO. why do i need to re-enter it again? Do i miss anything here? Thanks, Taxes from the PO do not carry over the Receiving Transaction - go figure . . . Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Web AP / Scanning AP Invoices
Does anyone have experience with scanning AP invoices and attaching in GP? I saw that someone mentioned Web AP in an earlier post. Anyone using this program? we are gettin ready to implement one where you can enter ap on the web and attach ascanne dimage. It looks awesome. brian@dataresolution.net -- Brian Connell Data Resolution "Debbie" wrote: > Does anyone have experience with scanning AP invoices and attaching in GP? I > saw that someone mentioned Web AP in an earlier post. Anyone using this > program? ...

Create field from table with no join
I have a table that holds a master census date. I need to add this census date to be generated in a field in another query, but obviously cannot provide any linkage. Short of hard-coding this date (which changes every week) I cannot get the date to be generated within the query, HELP! Ta On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:01:03 -0800, Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that holds a master census date. I need to add this census >date to be generated in a field in another query, but obviously cannot >provide any linkage. Short of hard-coding this date (which...

Correlating transaction across accounts
My advance apologies if this is a faq...I'm a newbie & I'm trying to do something pretty basic without much luck. Any info will be much appreciated. I pay my credit-card with a check (from my checking account). So, when this check gets cleared & I download information into MS Money from both my credit-card company & my bank -- I have 2 transactions (a withdrawal in my bank account register & a corresponding deposit into my credit-card register). This is all correct so far. Now, how do I correlate these 2 transactions & tell MS- Moeny that both these transac...

Returning different fields based on criteria
I'm reposting this because I put in the wrong forum. I'm looking to write a query to return the amount we should be billing our customers for freight. I have a table in which each record is a package. Each record contains our job number, a normal freight amount, a discounted freight amount and a package weight, along with other stuff. Customers qualify for the discounted rate if the entire shipment is >= 150 pounds. I need to come up with a query that returns the sum of the normal freight amounts if the sum of weights is less than 150 pounds, or it returns the sum of the discount...

SO: HELP: using Sales Rep field in Customer record
I am setting up my SO database with importing using EMS. One snag: I want to use the Sales Representative info / table basically ot duplicate some of the customer field data in order to tag Customer referrals. This was UI can see which customer had referred another customer to us. I need to use all other customer record fields for other info. I can't get EMS to import the ID data from my external database (db) into the Sales Rep Id number field. Can anyone help? ...

Fields Read Only
How Do I Make Fields Read only after I saved it Thx There is no built-in support for this in the app. However, you could add javascript to the aspx page to disable the field if you want. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:53:42 +0200, "Need Some Help" <Need@news.microsoft.com> wrote: How Do I Make Fields Read only after I saved it Thx ...

AP Multi Company Applying AP Credits
Hello, we have recently installed multi company (binary stream) for our AP system. We have 40+ databases with a shared vendor database and we cut the AP checks from one database. Our problem is that we need to apply credits to open invoices for that certian company but with multi company the credits are applying to random open invocies issued to our other company databases. This is causing havic with our vendors. We have tried the direct apply method but then the credits don't print on the check and it just appears we have random short paid an invoice. Can anyone help or point me in t...

Cannot get autotext to insert field information
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hello, <br> I cannot get the autotext to insert page numbers, filename and path etc properly. The template inserts but does not update with the appropriate properties. i.e. insert {filename and path} remains as such. Is there something I need to do to get the information to fill the autotext field?? It sounds like you've accidentally toggled display of field codes. Try Option+F9 to toggle them off. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/14/10 11:59 PM, in article 59bb2d7b.-1@webcross...

Fixed Assets Serial Number Field
Combination of Manufacturer Name & Serial Numbers are unique indentifiers to identify assets. When creating FA IDs, currently there is no way to prevent duplicate serial numbers; an Asset can accidentally be created more than once with the same serial number. I would like to suggest making the Serial Number a unique field or giving users a prompt to tell them that this number already exists and if they still want to continue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

Adding content of a field into a begining of a memo field
In a form I have a calculated field that calculates its value using a DLookup() function. I need the content of this field to show up inside a memo field which is on the same form and user can add memo after that. I need this to show up when we create or print a report from this form. How can I do that? On Apr 20, 1:52 pm, Moe <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In a form I have a calculated field that calculates its value using a > DLookup() function. I need the content of this field to show up inside a > memo field which is on the same form and user can add mem...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

No journal entry created for transaction
In some cases where the CC or check transaction fails, a journal entry is not created for the transaction. All other aspects of the transaction are completed successfully. An entry exists in the transaction table, the transaction entry table, purchase history for the customer exists related to the transaction, on hand inventory is decremented, etc., just no journal entry created. Has anyone else seen this? How are you cleaning this up? Is there a way to re-render the receipt for the transaction? Please advise. Thanks! I have seen this since updating to RMS 2.0. The short term ans...

Inquiring on Extender fields
Hello- I have an extender window that's attached to the Payables Trx Entry screen. All it is is a checkbox and my question is, once the transaction is posted and the record moved from the PM Work table to the PM Open table, can you still lookup that field? We need to be able to for reporting purposes. Please shed some light... Thanks!! Marisol, You can go through the following post on the Extender Inquiries - Payables Transaction Entry http://janakirammp.blogspot.com/2009/07/extender-inquiries.html -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Mariso...

fields
anyone know if you can put in a formula to automatically populate a field. I created the attributes in deployment manager.. added the fields. but the third field I want to be a product of the two? E.g. total or margin! Thanks for any help. Hi Joe, As far as I am aware there is no support for calculated fields. It would be possible to trigger an OnChange event, but in order to do so, you would need to link it to a picklist (combo box) on the form. This could then perform a calculation and assign it to the field that you want. Pretty ordinary solution, I know... but you work with wha...

Unable to add the custom field to the activities preview/view
Hello, All! How can the columns (e.g. owner) be reflected in activities preview, e.g. in open activities or all activities? With best regards, Aleksey Tomashevskiy. in the current release you cannot do this. The next release of CRM is supposed to have this functionality -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Aleksey Tomashevskiy" <tomashevskiy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OMmJNwrDFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, All! > > How can the columns (e.g. owner) be reflected in activities preview, e.g. in > open activities or ...

Reverse a Credit Note in AP
Can I reverse a credit note in AP? rcr, Why not? You can very much void a credit memo in AP -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "rcr" wrote: > Can I reverse a credit note in AP? When I go to the document nimber in 'Apply Payables Documents' the document is there but when the applied amount is changed the balance is not coming back to the original invoice amount??? "Janakiram M.P." wrote: > rcr, > > Why not? You can very much void a credit memo in AP > -- > Thanks > Janakiram M.P. > MCP-GP > http:...

M2004: How can I download old transactions?
Hi all. I made the mistake of selecting to download the last 30 days of activity only (from HSBC). Works great, categorized them all. But now, I want to download the full year of previous transactions and categorize all of them to build and track a budget. Can I do this and still keep the transactions I already categorized? If so, how? Thanks...! JL You could try to disable online services and then reenable them, but be aware that many institutions don't provide a full year of transactions for downloading. -- Michael Gordon MVP "JL" <jl@nospam.org> wrote in mess...

Line Item AP Voucher Entry?
Does anyone know of an ISV product that can do line item AP vouchers? Sort of like the invoicing module, but for AP? No POP stuff. I have a customer who needs to enter each line from a paper invoice. They do not want to use POP. I can never seem to find anything using Solution Finder. That tool really needs to have its search cleaned up. You don't have to use POP, you can use PM, but that would mean a separate voucher for each line item. Why don't they want to use POP? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogs...

return all records, regardless of fields matching
Ok, apparently I have lost a good chunk of my brain in the last 6 months. I am trying to merge 4 tables together that have at least one field that should match (tables 1 & 2 join, 2 &3 join, 3 & 4 join). I want to mash these four tables together based on those joins, but I want ALL the records, regardless if there is a matched value. I can do this in Access 2003 or 2007. Sounds like you need a union query. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "David Pelizzari" wrote: > Ok, apparently I have lost a good chunk of my brain in the last 6 months. I >...