AP - need a new field in the AP invoice screen

What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to
deploy to a client?   Extender?  Modifier?

the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No."  that is text info so the
user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for.

thanks
--
Linda W.
0

Linda,

You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this:

- Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier,
then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data.

- Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then
trigger off the form with Dex to store/retrieve the data.

- Dex, Modifier, and Visual Studio Tools. You can create a custom dictionary
that includes the table creation/management routines in Dex, then use the
Dictionary Assembly Generator to expose the custom dictionary's table to VST.
You can modify the window with Modifier to add your fields, then use VST to
glue the logic that will store the data.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"LindaW" wrote:

> What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to
> deploy to a client?   Extender?  Modifier?
>
> the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No."  that is text info so the
> user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for.
>
> thanks
> --
> Linda W.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
11/10/2009 6:03:01 AM
My vote would go to Extender. Huge functionality with no programming.

LV

"LindaW" wrote:

> What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to
> deploy to a client?   Extender?  Modifier?
>
> the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No."  that is text info so the
> user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for.
>
> thanks
> --
> Linda W.
0
LeslieVail (702)
11/11/2009 3:25:02 AM
My vote goes to Extender. Huge functionality with no code.

LV

"LindaW" wrote:

> What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to
> deploy to a client?   Extender?  Modifier?
>
> the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No."  that is text info so the
> user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for.
>
> thanks
> --
> Linda W.
0
LeslieVail (702)

APS server
i want to know the details of APS server "dinesh" <dinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E3CC452-8BA9-4664-A748-D31DFE439F12@microsoft.com... >i want to know the details of APS server Errr.... Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the term, but... APS server? -- f.h. Google is your friend. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, dinesh asked: | i want to know the details of APS s...

"you have new mal" notice on Toshiba laptop?
I have a toshiba laptop and it says "you have new mail" when Mail arrives. This doesn't seem to be triggered by the normal e-mal notification sound. I've tried to find a wav file on my laptop that has that notification and I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is so I can shut it off? I'm guessing it is a toshiba add on as the sound seems like a synthetic voice like the att text converter. Thanks That comes with AOL, not Toshiba. You should be able to turn it off in Cntl Panel, Sounds, New Mail Notification. If not, ask AOL. "boe" wrote: ...

How do I make a template to choose a new school name?
We are consolidating 2 schools and will have a new name. There will be a number of suggestions for names. I want to be able to analyze according to the criteria we have to work with and be able to grade selections according to criteria we have. You don't give a lot to go on, but one way would be to put the potential names in column A and the criteria in Row 1. You could then assign "grades" to each name for each category, with a total at the far right... A B C D ... X 1 NAMES Crit. 1 Crit. 2 Crit. 3 TOTAL 2 n...

Forcing New Page
I have a report in which I am trying to force a new page with each group header change. I changed the Force New Page property for that section to "Before Section" but it doesn't seem to work. Why not? -- Ken Hudson Well, it seems as if it does "print" that way, but it doens't show up like that when viewed on the computer screen. No response needed. -- Ken Hudson "Ken Hudson" wrote: > I have a report in which I am trying to force a new page with each group > header change. > I changed the Force New Page property for ...

Messages stuck in queue to new Exchange server
Recently we have added a second Exchange 2003 server to our organization. The problem we are encountering is sending mail from an account on the original server to the newly created mail server. When we send mail from the new server to an account on the old server there are no problems. The messages stay in the SMTP queue of the original sever and are never received by those who have accounts on the new server. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Bill Capella ...

How does one modify the way fields are displayed
Hi all, I have been trying to figure this one out for a while and just can't seem to get it. My company is using CRM for tracking incident cases with clients. They can put in a date, but the time from the dateTime field never shows up. I see it in the database, but have not figured out how to get it displayed. This is what I have found out and might be useful for someone else to string it all together. 1. The table SavedQueryBase hold the xml structure of how to display the row of data, it's under the columnset field. 2. The table AttributeTypes in the MetaBase database has a ...

Where to find the msdn of the new edition MFC
thanks. "eric" <sound_of_nature@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ows2bnR1IHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > thanks. It's called MFC Feature Pack for Visual Studio 2008 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D466226B-8DAB-445F-A7B4-448B326C48E7 -- David ...

Open a new document in a new "exterior" Excel Windows
How is it possible to tune Excel to make every new=20 document open as a new "exterior" Excel Windows, and not=20 as a "interior" windows in the Excel Application ?? My Powerpoint is already reacting like that, but I cannot=20 find any clues in the Options... Menu. Is there a link with the way the default template is=20 designed ? Thanks for your input. S=E9bastien. Accenture France. Try Tools-Options then tick the "View Windows in Taskbar" on the Vie tab -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

how to schedule automatic downloads of new mail
I previously used outlook express, and there was a box you could check to automatically download email from the server, and you could type in the time intervals, i.e. check for and download any new email every 5 minutes, 20 minute, 30 mintues, etc. I cannot find a similar feature in Outlook. Can someone explain to me how set up MS Outlook to schedule automatic downloads of new email from the server Only if you provide your version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sabsfilter" <sabsfilter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8CE3CDE-BFCD-4ABC-9757-2CA652A0...

Adding and Linking Dates to Another Field
I have two (2) field in my form. Field 1 is called "Date" and field 2 is called "Due Date". I would like the "Due Date" field to automatically add 90 days from the "Date" field and have that updated in the "Due Date" field. I tried using the DateAdd function in the control box and also the default portion of the field. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, TomP For staters, change the name of the field you call Date. Date is an Access reserved word. Even when enclosing the name in brackets [Date], you can have problems. Wher...

AP Invoices on Hold
Hello! How can we put all AP transactions on hold after posting? Thanks!! Everything??? In V10 you can open the Payables Transactions List on the desktop (Click the Purchasing tile then select Payables Transactions in the Navigation Explorer), click the check box at the top of the list of transactions, and then click on the Apply Hold icon. You can also mark selected transactions or apply a filter to the list to select specific transactions. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check ou...

new mail
test 0 1 2 3 ...

FIELDS NOT EDITABLE!
Hi, I have a problem. I know how to add a field but i dont know how I can make an existing field editable. If you look at a field like 'Price per Unit' in Opportunityproduct. You see that the price in the field can not be changed. There must be a way to change that. I already looked at the properties and i cant find nothing. Can somebody help me with this. S. Oumoulid ...

Exchange 2000 Can't create a new user
I have attempted to add a new user to the exchange, which on the face of it worked. I then tried to open Outlook and run the mail setup wizard, where upon I get a message saying that the name does not appear on the Address List. Any ideas please? Troubleshoot your Recipient Update Service in Exchange System Manager. It sounds like the RUS hasn't stamped the mailbox with the right bits. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Phil" <phil.newton@prolific-ifa.co.uk> wrote in message news:2914201c46504$04d021...

new window
I have the same problem as Karoline. I click on the link in email (I use Outlook) and it not open a new window. I know this is a quick fix but I cannot seem tyo find the solution... ...

Putting Products in a Pick List Custom Field
Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which has a list of products? Sorry, I don't mean Picklist I mean select box with the magnifying glass next to it so you can choose the products.. "Luke Baines" <luke.baines@eye4you.com.au> wrote in message news:OJTIomJPEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which > has a list of products? > ...

Docs opening in new window
Hey all, Is there a way to make publisher documents open using MDI instead of SDI so they all open in a single publisher instance instead of opening new windows, etc... The tools...options menu is devoid of any real customization options and I'm wondering if this is possible, it's quite annoying to go from pub2k to pub2k3 and have every document open into a new window, or every time you open a document and go to close it you close the whole app. instead. This is Publisher 2003 by the way, it used to work in Publisher 2000... Tom While in a state of withdrawal waiting for compo...

Update Query Field Limits !!!
Dear Sir, I am using Visual Basic 6, Microsoft Access 2000 & ADO 2.5. In my table there are 140 fields. I am Using UPDATE Query to Update Value of Fields & INSERT Query to Insert Record in Table. I Update & Append only one single record in one table. If I Insert Record using INSERT Query then it is Inserting Record Property with proper Value in all fields. But When I try to Update Values of Fields using UPDATE Query then it display error message Too Many Fields Defined. If I reduce fields from 140 to 125 then it works fine in Update Query. If I try to Open Recordset & Repl...

New Vista .docx files
Does anyone know where I can get the file to convert the new .docx files? At www.mactopia.com you will see "Quick downloads" on the right. Under that: "Microsoft Office Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 0.2 (Beta)". There are other solutions but I take it you're specifically after this converter -- which handles mst, but not all, Word 2007 formatting. Cheers, Clive Huggan Canberra, Australia (My time zone is 5-11 hours different from North America and Europe, so my follow-on responses to those regions can be delayed) =========================================...

i am new to outlook.
dt46dt46dt46 <dt46dt46dt46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: How nice for you. -- Brian Tillman ...

invoice print showing zero as total
Hi, I'm having a problem with the printouts of my invoices from Money '03. On screen my invoices look fine and the subtotal, tax and total columns are all added up correctly. However, when I print the invoices those 3 fields all show 0000.00 figures. Any idea what's going on? Please email response directly if possible. Thanks in advance! jt Actually, that's Money '99 v.7 I have, not '03. Microsoft no longer has any tech support for this version so I'm counting on someone else to help me please. Thank you! ...

Change Formula in sheet by adding a new part
I have many formulas in a sheet like : =ROUND('Revenue'!D$45*VLOOKUP($C116,ItemSplit!$A$1:$B$50,2,FALSE),0) If the the formula do not contain *Code!$C$47 (multiply by) at the end of the formula i want to add it to all the formula in the sheet. Can it be done using VBA or by find, replace function Thanks Hello, A beginning of solution using VBA: The active sheet must be the sheet where the formula to be changed are. ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''...

New Workflow Question
Hello, Quick question I am hoping, I have a workflow that runs on the creation of a Contact, but when I create a contact from within an Account the workflow does not run. We are running CRM 4.0 UR 4. is this functionality correct or is it a bug which has been fixed in a later UR? thanks On Sep 21, 7:19=A0pm, "Michael Langrick" <michael.langr...@threex.co.uk> wrote: > Hello, > > Quick question I am hoping, > > I have a workflow that runs on the creation of a Contact, but when I crea= te > a contact from within an Account the workflow does not run. >...

How to change value of field in one to many relation ship
Dear Freinds I have 2 tables with 1 to many relation ship table1 customer table2 collection sub both of them are linked through customer ID I want to update one of the field 'lastAMCdate' which is equal to 'AMCtodate' in the latest enrty ie last row. Please advise how I can update programatically above field in custoemr table Please advise Rgds Ramesh shetty use an updatequery -- Maurice Ausum "Shetty" wrote: > Dear Freinds > > I have 2 tables with 1 to many relation ship > table1 customer > table2 collection sub > both of them are ...

New Version
I had Money Plus 2008, can't find it, then lost my computer. I'll keep looking for the disc (I will find it), but all I want to know is whether Microsoft has any plans dor a new version. I usually buy the latest when I buy my tax software. -- Pat All they have permitted others to say on their behalf is that future release dates are TBD. Time will tell. "Pat H Mooney" <PatHMooney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25407562-3477-4565-B554-0C973E521822@microsoft.com... >I had Money Plus 2008, can't find it, then lost my computer. I'll ke...