AP checks auto-folded

Hello - I had a client inquire about printing GP checks and having them go
through an automatic folder-sealer machine

-- Are there 3rd party vendors I should contact?  Or should I have client
get the equipment and modify the GP check format.
0
kmeyer (8)

just get the equipment and modify the format if needed.
I have a few clients using auto-folders.  they work quite well.

HS

"kmeyer" <kmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello - I had a client inquire about printing GP checks and having them go
> through an automatic folder-sealer machine
>
> -- Are there 3rd party vendors I should contact?  Or should I have client
> get the equipment and modify the GP check format.

0
HSalim (1270)
2/22/2006 9:22:12 PM
HS,

Can you please recommend potential equipment that could be used with GP 8.0
or GP9.0.?

thanks
Shane

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> just get the equipment and modify the format if needed.
> I have a few clients using auto-folders.  they work quite well.
>
> HS
>
> "kmeyer" <kmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello - I had a client inquire about printing GP checks and having them go
> > through an automatic folder-sealer machine
> >
> > -- Are there 3rd party vendors I should contact?  Or should I have client
> > get the equipment and modify the GP check format.

0
wisk (34)
2/23/2006 8:59:57 AM
Wisk,
This one client uses a Pitney Bowes TI350.
It folds , inserts the check in envelope and seals it.

Another client uses a plain vanilla folder from Staples and they stuff the
invoices themselves.
It was rather inexpensive, but I can't seem to find it now - the Martin Yale
on staples is $700

HS

"wisk" <wisk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HS,
>
> Can you please recommend potential equipment that could be used with GP
> 8.0
> or GP9.0.?
>
> thanks
> Shane
>
> "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
>
>> just get the equipment and modify the format if needed.
>> I have a few clients using auto-folders.  they work quite well.
>>
>> HS
>>
>> "kmeyer" <kmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello - I had a client inquire about printing GP checks and having them
>> > go
>> > through an automatic folder-sealer machine
>> >
>> > -- Are there 3rd party vendors I should contact?  Or should I have
>> > client
>> > get the equipment and modify the GP check format.

0
HSalim (1270)
2/23/2006 6:09:26 PM
Thanks HS.
Please excuse my ignorance...
What is the typical price for a AP Check Printer that would Insert, Fold and
Seal?

Thanks
Wisk

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> Wisk,
> This one client uses a Pitney Bowes TI350.
> It folds , inserts the check in envelope and seals it.
>
> Another client uses a plain vanilla folder from Staples and they stuff the
> invoices themselves.
> It was rather inexpensive, but I can't seem to find it now - the Martin Yale
> on staples is $700
>
> HS
>
> "wisk" <wisk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HS,
> >
> > Can you please recommend potential equipment that could be used with GP
> > 8.0
> > or GP9.0.?
> >
> > thanks
> > Shane
> >
> > "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> just get the equipment and modify the format if needed.
> >> I have a few clients using auto-folders.  they work quite well.
> >>
> >> HS
> >>
> >> "kmeyer" <kmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
wisk (34)

Check printing stopped
I've been using Money 2002 since 2002. I print checks after I enter the info. I may have accidentally told it to stop sending info to the printer, but I can't find a switch for that. When I choose a check to print, and enter that command, the hyperlink to print the check doesn't show up in the left margin like it always has. I've re-installed the program, but that didn' help. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks ...

old check in Bank Rec
I was just notified that there is a check from 10/9/08 for the amount of $274 that has been showing up on the Outstanding Check Report and in the Bank Reconciliation since that date and has never been reconciled. The cash account and balances have always been accurate, and it doesn't even appear as an option any longer to void this check. What steps can be taken to remove this check from the bank rec without affecting any of the checkbook balances? Thanks! Everything makes sense except the part where you say you can not void the check. Why can't it be voided? If it w...

APS server
i want to know the details of APS server "dinesh" <dinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E3CC452-8BA9-4664-A748-D31DFE439F12@microsoft.com... >i want to know the details of APS server Errr.... Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the term, but... APS server? -- f.h. Google is your friend. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, dinesh asked: | i want to know the details of APS s...

Multiple Check Boxes in Form
Hello All, I need advice on how to setup a form with multiple check boxes correctly. I have created a table that houses most of the data but I want each check box to be linked to a specific ID. However, there will be multiple check boxes linked to 1 ID. Can someone give me direction as to how I can achieve this? Thanks, Tammy Watts You said nothing about your table structure. What are the field names and datatype? When you same 'linked to a specific ID' do you mean a unique record? -- Build a little, test a little. "MsWatts" wrote: > H...

Auto Zips JPG Attachments
Just recently jpg attachments in Outlook 2000 are changed to zip files before they are transmitted. I have not changed anything nor can I find where to disable this function. I do not want them zipped! Any help? Al Check Tools/addins OL2K doesnt have any native zip capability, you must have installed something David "Allen White" <alwhite@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ks6dncT3pY5C9E-i4p2dnA@comcast.com... > Just recently jpg attachments in Outlook 2000 are changed to zip files > before they are transmitted. I have not changed anything nor can I find > whe...

outlook spell-check
How do I get the Outlook Editor to omit e-mail addresses when it spell-checks? ...

AP Invoices on Hold
Hello! How can we put all AP transactions on hold after posting? Thanks!! Everything??? In V10 you can open the Payables Transactions List on the desktop (Click the Purchasing tile then select Payables Transactions in the Navigation Explorer), click the check box at the top of the list of transactions, and then click on the Apply Hold icon. You can also mark selected transactions or apply a filter to the list to select specific transactions. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check ou...

HOW do I auto fill the hours and minutes between 8:00 and 3:30?
I'm trying to get the time to fill, like 8:00, 8:01, 8:02 etc for the day. It keeps returning things like 8:02, 9:02, 10:02, etc. I'm new to the game and have been reading everything I can, here and in books so please forgive me for asking such a basic question. HappyGilmore, The easiest way is to insert the first two (2) entries into the column e.g. 8:00 8:01 Then select both these cells, and drag down the bottom right-hand corner square (black) of the selection down as far as you need. Selecting two entries gives the fill-down a better idea of your requirements. regards, JohnI...

Web AP / Scanning AP Invoices
Does anyone have experience with scanning AP invoices and attaching in GP? I saw that someone mentioned Web AP in an earlier post. Anyone using this program? we are gettin ready to implement one where you can enter ap on the web and attach ascanne dimage. It looks awesome. brian@dataresolution.net -- Brian Connell Data Resolution "Debbie" wrote: > Does anyone have experience with scanning AP invoices and attaching in GP? I > saw that someone mentioned Web AP in an earlier post. Anyone using this > program? ...

Print outstanding check report with other bank rec reports.
Most of my clients forget to print the outstanding check report before pressing the reconcile button in the Bank Rec module. It would be very helpful if it printed with the other reports when reconciling the bank book. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

AP Multi Company Applying AP Credits
Hello, we have recently installed multi company (binary stream) for our AP system. We have 40+ databases with a shared vendor database and we cut the AP checks from one database. Our problem is that we need to apply credits to open invoices for that certian company but with multi company the credits are applying to random open invocies issued to our other company databases. This is causing havic with our vendors. We have tried the direct apply method but then the credits don't print on the check and it just appears we have random short paid an invoice. Can anyone help or point me in t...

Outlook Spelling Check
I have my Outlook in partition C:/ and my MS Office in partition D:/. Do I have to move the MS Office to C:/ to allow me to use spelling when I compose a message??? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. If you tried it and get errors, please report back the exact error message. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jim <anonymou...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

disabling check spelling and grammar
Hi, I would like to set the Word application not to check spelling and grammar while my program update a file automatically. How can I achieve this goal? Thanks To prevent Word from checking the spelling and grammar, use the following command ActiveDocument.Range.NoProofing = True -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "mjlaali" <mjlaali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3EDE...

check or tick marks as in Lotus
Is there anyway to go through an Excel sheet and either click or somehow quickly check off that you have reviewed and/or approved specific cells? I know that Lotus has this function and puts tick marks for each cell you have reviewed. Thank you, Tom Daugherty MIS Manager Tessera Inc. ...

Locking Check Boxes
I have a form where i want to select one option or the other, so a user will have a laptop OR a desktop. i want to be able to only select one of the check boxes and also lock the check box after the new record has been updated. any help on this would be great... hi Mel, On 27.04.2010 13:19, Mel wrote: > I have a form where i want to select one option or the other, so a user will > have a laptop OR a desktop. i want to be able to only select one of the check > boxes and also lock the check box after the new record has been updated. Use an Option Group and add two new ...

Reverse a Credit Note in AP
Can I reverse a credit note in AP? rcr, Why not? You can very much void a credit memo in AP -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "rcr" wrote: > Can I reverse a credit note in AP? When I go to the document nimber in 'Apply Payables Documents' the document is there but when the applied amount is changed the balance is not coming back to the original invoice amount??? "Janakiram M.P." wrote: > rcr, > > Why not? You can very much void a credit memo in AP > -- > Thanks > Janakiram M.P. > MCP-GP > http:...

Appointment check
We have a custom entity named approval that is linked to appointments. I would like CRM to not save an appointment when the duration of the appointment is 1 hour or more if there is no approval record linked to the appointment. How can I do this? Also, I would like a new approval window to open up when a new appointment is being entered and the duration is changed to 1 hour or more. Thank you for your help. Both things can be done, but they do require some development. Prohibiting an appointment to be saved can be done using a pre callout this can validate the duration of the appoi...

Word 2007 v Word 2003 Auto Text Feature
Our office has used Word 2003 to create several templates and procedures. Word 2007 seems to not be compatible with some of these procedures and I haven't been able to find out a way to make them happen. 1. Autotext - Our office's Autotext is sychronised so that all staff have the same autotext available and the autotexts are updated regularly so that they are current and appropriate. In 2003 they were stored as part of the main template (normal.doc). Word 2007 seems to have decided to change these to 'building blocks' and segregate them so that default location ...

Check out these corrective patch
--nkavurxrpm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="peqyyedikryjy"; type="multipart/alternative" --peqyyedikryjy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nvrinnuh" --nvrinnuh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to contin...

auto filter #6
I have been using Find & Replace for years in a filtered worksheet and it only updated the visible rows only. But today, it has updated all rows; ie includes those rows which are hidden. This has never happened before. I have looked in options for any flags to be set but then again the defult settings has not been changed since the last successful use of this functionality. Any hint or help. Cheers You sure the rows are not visible due to a filter? If they are then only visible cells should change. If the rows are actually hidden manually, they will change. A work-around for ...

Check Format with Check on top check/stub/stub
I'm trying to print checks with the check on top and two stubs on bottom. I've followed KB864284, but my check still come out stub/check/stub. I've given myself access to the modified report in security and changed the check format in payables. Nothing works. HELP! I'm on GP 9.0 mf Have you given yourself access to the actual modified check? The modified check neds to have a * by it (security, user - correct compnay, Modified reports, Purchasing) "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E11A5373-6EAC-48DF-8678-281879FF57BC@mi...

Credit Memos on voided A/P check
When an A/P is printed, the stub includes credit memos that were applied. However, if the check gets voided and then re-printed the credit memos do not appear again. Is there any way to get those credit memos to print on the second check? Unfortunately, void the credit memos and re-enter those same credit memos with the same CN number with perhaps a '.' or 'a' after the number. Hopefully that will be fixed in version 10 JD "Elaine" wrote: > When an A/P is printed, the stub includes credit memos that were applied. > However, if the check gets voide...

Checking latest Forefront updates
Hi all Using VBA does anyone know how to retrieve the latest Forefront updates date? -- Steve ...

Version 2.0 of the Auto FE Updater
This release of the Auto FE Updater is a huge, huge improvement in developer ease of use. There's a wizard to get you going with the basic operations in less than a minute. Need to make a change to a setting? Just a few mouse clicks as all settings are updated by forms rather than having to use Notepad as in the past. But it's even better. Now, with three mouse clicks, a formatted email containing a hyperlink for the users initial install of your app will be created. Your users can be running your app with two or three mouse clicks. (This depends on the number of hyperlink ...