Any GP-specific risks when adding an index or stat to GP tables?

I've been looking at possibly speeding up some of the GP reports by adding
new indexes and/or stats to our GP tables.  Are there any special concerns as
far as custom indexes/stats with GP tables beyond the usual SQL Server tuning
considerations?

I have done just that at several client sites and it works great.  The
concerns are two standard ones:

1.  Keep a script used to build the indexes.  When you upgrade, update, or
rebuild the tables, GP will not re-add your indexes.

2.  Too many indexes on a table will slow down database updates.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Andrew Timberlake-Newell" wrote:

> I've been looking at possibly speeding up some of the GP reports by adding
> new indexes and/or stats to our GP tables.  Are there any special concerns as
> far as custom indexes/stats with GP tables beyond the usual SQL Server tuning
> considerations?
0
info4071 (3004)
9/12/2008 5:56:01 PM
I've been doing this as well with much success and no known issues. One thing
in particular that I find helpful is adding a clustered key on tables where
there wasn't one before.

- Dave

"Andrew Timberlake-Newell" wrote:

> I've been looking at possibly speeding up some of the GP reports by adding
> new indexes and/or stats to our GP tables.  Are there any special concerns as
> far as custom indexes/stats with GP tables beyond the usual SQL Server tuning
> considerations?

Adding Contacts #3
After saving my contacts, I can not find them when I search for them. I know it is there because when I sync with my Blackberry it appears Please help -- ljg A few questions: - are you looking at a filtered view of your contacts? - do you have multiple contact-type folders? "ljg" <ljg.4ae34de@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:ljg.4ae34de@outlookbanter.com... > > After saving my contacts, I can not find them when I search for them. I > know it is there because when I sync with my Blackberry it appears > Please help Vince Averello;315832 Wrote: &...

Cannot copy/paste in tables
I have been using publisher for years, and have used this same version (Publisher 2000) for three years. I work with a lot of tables and I have been able to highlight an entire cell (or several cells) and copy and paste them somewhere else in the table. Suddenly (perhaps after one of the many "upgrades" from Microsoft), I am unable to do this. I have a monthly project where I have to copy/move information from one cell to another continually, so to suddenly not be able to do this is very frustrating. Anyone know of a reason, or better yet, a solution to this problem? ...

fill color toolbar buttons for specific colors
Is there a way to have multiple toolbar buttons that fill different colors? For example, one toolbar button for fill blue, another to fill red, another to fill yellow. Currently, to work with several colors, I need to click to get to the fill palette, then select the color. Quite tedious and slow. One way would be to have a macro for each assigned to a custom button on a toolbar. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "bucky3" <bucky3@mail.com> wrote in message news:a76298f8-4468-48bf-8282-fcceb546153c@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com.....

Combo Box Drop-down list is based on specific data
I have a table (ASSIGNEES), which has four columns (ID, ASSIGN-NAMES, EMAILADDRESS, DEPARTMENT). I need to set up a combo box that only shows the names associated with a specific department when I click on the drop-down arrow. For example, anyone with a department of MGT will not show in the drop-down selection and anyone with a department of ENG will show up. Thank you in advance for your help. Linda You put the criteria in the query that you create in the record source. So in the query, reference the control on the form that has the department you want (or don't want) to s...

VPN tunnel between AD and offsite backup?
We have a small (residential) business which runs an AD with three or so users, and a single Server 2008 R2 Exchange 2010 / AD server (say, 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0, public IP 123.123.123.123/255.255.255.248) running onsite. We're often away from the office (sometimes we're all abroad at the same time with nobody at the address) so, in the interests of redundancy and always being able to access email, we have bought a second server hosted in a datacenter nearby (say, 124.124.124.124/255.255.255.0) which will also be an AD and Exchange server, (both CAS and maibox servers...

Going Live with GP

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

adding yes/no field
How do I add a check box field to my query field name to be "Active" I Tried Active:=yes/no,checkbox DIDN't WORK can you fix for me or is it not able to do this THANKS MARSMAN You would add the check box (binary) field to the table the query is based on then it will show in the field list of your query. Name it "active" in the table. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "MaRSMAN" wrote: > How do I add a check box field to my query field name to be "Active" > I Tried Active:=yes/no,checkbox DIDN't WORK ...

RE: Managing specific folders in all users mailboxes
Thanks Richard, I have followed those instructions and have set up a Recipient Policy that takes care of just the one particular folder (Spam). To test it I am using my personal mailbox here at work and am asking it to delete any mail that is over 1 day old and more than 1KB. I picked my name out of the Exchange Recipients, directed the policy to the specific mail store and told it to find a specific alias (me). I moved some old sent emails into the folder that were at least 30 days old. I also setup a rule that says to run the policy every morning between 3 - 5 AM. I ran it manually yester...

ALTER TABLE and ANSI_WARNINGS
We are running SQL Server 2008 enterprise. I am attempting to change the data type on a column from int to bigint using the following command: ALTER TABLE dbo.jkAudit ALTER COLUMN jkAudit_UID bigint When the above command is executed I get the following error: Msg 1934, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 ALTER TABLE failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ANSI_WARNINGS'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or ...

update another table afterinsert
Hi, relative newbie question: I've got a datasheet form which I'm using for stock in/out recording which adds a record for each stock transaction in a stock table (number of stock in and out etc.) , I also have a total stock level field on the products table - I want to add\subtract from the stock total in the products table when I add a record to this stock transactions table in the datasheet - what is the best method to do this? I was thinking do a sql update in code on the Form_AfterInsert event - am I doing the right thing? -- Jyan ------------------------------...

Stuck on Simple Query and Form from 2 Tables
I know I should know how to do this and have probably done it before, but can't seem to get it right: Tables: Households (Many) Committees (One) Fields: (Standard Contact Info Fields) (Chair & 12 # fields for Members) Many to One Join on Committees.ID to Households.Committees_ID I want to be able to build a Committes query and form that 1) in the form selects a name from a Households.Head dropdown list in each Member (1, 2, 3, etc) field; 2) after selection, displays Phone and Email info beside each Committe.Member's name; 3) stores relation...

Pivot Table xl2007 Q
I currently have a PT in xl2007 with dates in my Column Data (From 1/01/2010 to 5/31/2010); I've currently filtered to show only 2/05/2010 to 2/25/2010 (the only actual February dates). How can I extract the Lowest current date (2/05) and the Max Current date (2/25) out to cells D1 and D2 so when I print the report these dates are visible to the reader? TIA, Jim May ...

Adding non-domain emails to distro list
Is there a way to add a external POP3 Address to a distribution list? Create a custom recipient (in Exchange 5.5) or if your running Exchange 2000 create a contact in Active Directory, then you'll be able to add the contact to the distribution list. Hope this helps, Phill H. "James Panegasser" <jpane@edoccommunications.com> wrote in message news:ef2c01c3f1ac$2e2e48c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a external POP3 Address to a > distribution list? ...

Fabrication and GP

Pivot tables #2
Does anyone know a good place to find information about pivot tables and how to use them? http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html where one link leads here http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6226A31-9CC4-4441-A293-6FB1EF22DF13@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know a good place to find information about pivot tables and how to use them? alex http://edferrero.m6.net/Pivot.html Also see PivotTable I, II, and III at MS site. http://office.microsoft...

Pivot Table Count Issue
I'm using Excel 2003. I'm a high school guidance secretary. The administrators are constantly asking for data relating to course failures. From our school's student management program, I've exported a listing of all course grades for the year and used the data to create a pivot table. Right now, I'm only using row fields: StuName, GradeLVL, TermID, StoreCode, Course, Grade I've filtered the data to only show records with a TermID of '1901' & '1900'. (Semester 1 Final or Year Long). I've also filtered the StoreCode to only...

adding 2 columns where
Column B I have types of payments, google, amazon, paypal etc. column C contains $$ amounts. I want to add the money in column C where column B = paypal. what is the statement?? thank you!! See your other post -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F795D87-AE43-45FA-9937-81D1B9AD1A28@microsoft.com... > Column B I have types of payments, google, amazon, paypal etc. > column C contains $$ amounts. > > I want to add the money in column C where column B = paypal. > > what is the statement?? > > t...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

delete row contains specific word in an macro
Hi, Im trying to delete row that contains specific expression like: In row 444 column b contents (ESSO PRODUITS) i want to delete that row but i have more then one row to find and delete. Try this on a spare copy: Do a Data > Filter > Autofilter on col B Select from the droplist: ESSO PRODUITS Select all the filtered rows (select the "blue" row headers) Right-click > Delete Row Remove Autofilter -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- Jean-Francois <JeanFrancois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Adding Pasted Links
I need to add two values together and paste the results in a different worksheet. I have a table with many of these operations. Short of typing the full links, is there a short cut way to do this? thanks -- Champskipper If you've got a formula like =Sheet1!B1+Sheet1!C1, you can copy the formula as far down the column as you like, and the references will change the appropriare row as you copy down. -- David Biddulph "Champskipper" <champskipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438F18BF-7B24-4D2B-8328-FC34BE82A4CD@microsoft.com... >I...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Payroll GP 10.0