Analytical Reporting Periods

Hi,

I am now in trouble while running Multi-level query in Microsoft Dynamics GP
10.0 Analytical accounting. I have already setup a fiscal year from July to
june of 13 periods of last 2 periods with same date as recommended by
Microsoft where last period is for year end adjustments. When I was selecting
period 3 of an year, it intimated me to select fiscal year from 7 to 12. When
finaly I looked into Reporting period setup of Analytical accouting I found
this error that Fiscal year 2007 which was starting from July 2007 to June
2008 appearing as July 2007 to December 2007 and next year which is 2008 is
from January 2008 to December 2008. This is really strange for me and I am
trying to update it but could not find any utility for this.

I hope some once can guide me in this problem urgently.

To Clarify more

Company Fiscal Years are Opened as ------------------
YEAR              START FROM              END
2007               July 01, 2007         to  June 30, 2008
2008               July 01, 2008         to  June 30, 2009

Fiscal Periods showing in Analytical accounting---------
YEAR              START FROM              END
2007               July 01, 2007         to  Dec 31, 2007
2008               Jan 01, 2008          to  Dec 31, 2008

Please advise

"Ahsan Minhas" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am now in trouble while running Multi-level query in Microsoft Dynamics GP
> 10.0 Analytical accounting. I have already setup a fiscal year from July to
> june of 13 periods of last 2 periods with same date as recommended by
> Microsoft where last period is for year end adjustments. When I was selecting
> period 3 of an year, it intimated me to select fiscal year from 7 to 12. When
> finaly I looked into Reporting period setup of Analytical accouting I found
> this error that Fiscal year 2007 which was starting from July 2007 to June
> 2008 appearing as July 2007 to December 2007 and next year which is 2008 is
> from January 2008 to December 2008. This is really strange for me and I am
> trying to update it but could not find any utility for this.
>
> I hope some once can guide me in this problem urgently.

security report is wrong
Hi everybody - I have enabled activity tracking - when a user goes to admistration/company - and views company information [no changes are made just viewed] the activity report shows that the company master file was modified. How can this be correct? On Jul 15, 7:25=A0am, Mich...@nyresume.com <Michaelnyresume...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi everybody - > > I have enabled activity tracking - when a user goes to admistration/compa= ny > - and views company information [no changes are made just viewed] the > activity report shows that the company master file w...

Missing Entries on Budget Reports on 2004
My main objective in using MS Money is to track spending vs. budget. Have complete budget created and but monthly budget report leaves budget column blank for several entries, therefore overspent.. What is up with this??? ...

Mileage report
Im making a database to keep track of my miles. Id like it to automatically insert the miles when I type in the To and From information. I understand that I can list the criteria of one place to next equals such and such, but how would I code that in the main data window cells? Jason Let's say you have assembled the sample data below in Sheet1, in A1:C4 which shows the distances between any 2 points From.....To.....Dist A...........B.........5 A...........C.........8 A...........D........10 Put in D2: =TRIM(A2&B2) Put in E2: =TRIM(B2&A2) (Assumption: Distance A to B = D...

VBA for report detail data record source
I have a report where several of the fields, because of multiple contingency fields and "in-fill" text", content is best (?) determined by putting them into code (I had tried SQL, but that was beyond cumbersome) the content would be based on the value of other fields in the same or other tables the code I have entered for the report detail field txtDescription might be something like this ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer) Dim dbs As Database Dim rst As DAO.Recor...

Creating a PivotTable Report from an Another PivotTable Report
When you begin the pivot table wizard there are a total of four choices under 'What is the data you would like to analyze?'. The fourth (Another PivotTable Report or Pivot Chart Report) is the one that i would like to use and the option button is always greyed out and you are unable to select it. How do I go about making it possible for me to select this option. I am using Microsoft Excel 2002. Can anybody help me Select an area that includes the Pivot table report you want to include "bcpaulus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC35CE...

Calendar Report
In Access 2007, is there a way to create a report that has a calendar view? I want to track what my resources are working on and when they are due. Fields would be Project Name, Resource, when the project was entered into the system, and when the project is due. I'd like to have a bar graph that spans months (columns) from the date entered to the date due. The project name and resource working it would be needed in the chart. Any help would be great !!!!! There are some samples at http://www.access.hookom.net/Samples.htm. Most of these require some basic coding to po...

MDA and Analytical Accounting
Can Multidimensional Analysis and Analytical Accounting be used simultaneously? ------=_NextPart_0001_857158BF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can I ask why you would want to do that? David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy. This pos...

Word Wrap in Report Writer
Hello i have Item Description In Report Writer ,but the description is too long. Is there any way to make word wrap for this field? Thank you Word wrap might be possible with graphic-reports... "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > i have Item Description In Report Writer ,but the description is too > long. > > Is there any way to make word wrap for this field? > > Thank you > > Report Writer does not word wrap. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Vincent Ong" wrote: > Word wrap might be possible with graphic-reports... > > "Monzer ...

report with few columns
hello i have a report with a few columns in it and it is in a table sort of format but i need a line to be at the top of each column how do i do this A line in the appropriate header (report, page, or group) should do what you need, if I understand the question correctly. "Database User" <DatabaseUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:667FC1ED-073F-4D8F-AD5E-B359DC7ABF6F@microsoft.com... > hello > i have a report with a few columns in it and it is in a table sort of > format > but i need a line to be at the top of each column > how do i do t...

formatting reports
I've gone forward and customized a report from the standard options-"spending by category". When viewing on the screen-I can see General Categories in bold font, with the Sub-Category in regular font. Yet when I print the report out-nothing is bold. It makes it difficult to read. It would be real nice if I could customize how the report looks, with indenting, and font adjustments-so that it would be easier to read. Any suggestions on ways to do this...other than exporting to another program and then formatting that. ...

Filter report using query
My report has department and division level. Under one department, there could be many divisions. I have set up a form with combo boxes. Once the user selects the department and division he/she wants to print, he/she can click on a command button to open the report. A filter query was set up in the background to filter the records. Here comes my problem. It works fine if I select both department and division. But I would like to print out the whole department if I leave the division combo box blank. The filter doesn't work. It shows errors in the report. The query is like this: Un...

Is there a way to use the fiscal periods as actual months in Proje
Hi, I have defined the Fiscal Periods in PWA. I want to use the same periods in the task usage view in Project professional, so that we can the 4,4 and 5 distribution of weeks for the quarters per month in it. This way we can see the hours for each month looking like July -160 , august -160 September 200 and so on. Can this be done in Project professional? Thanking in advance! Arnie -- Bad news. No, in Microsoft Project 2007 you cannot duplicate the Financial Periods used in PWA. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts ...

cannot delete a report
I have a report listed in CRM that does not have an associated report on our SSRS server. Not sure how that happened but now need to remediate the problem. When I go to delete the report, it comes up with a dialog box that tells me that "an error has occured and I should check with the MS Dynamics community. When I try to run the report, it shows the name of the report that is missing. I then loaded up a report directly to the SSRS server that had the name of the report that is missing however when I try to delete the report, I still get the same error. Any ideas on how I ...

Detailed Sales Report Tax-Inclusive is an inaccurate report
The Detailed Sales Report Tax Inclusive is an inaccurate report. It deducts the Sales Tax from the price of the item without the sales tax in it which makes the profit inaccurate. If you are using this report to forecast your profits it is very misleading. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Run report error
I am not able to run report from the internet or internal. I had followed some of the posts like changing the reporting server URL to http://servername/reportserver but not able to run the report I am using a alias named crm and pointing to my server FQDN servername.com.local I can run the report if I key in as http://crm/reports or http://crm/reportserver but not able to do that if I type in http://servername/reportserver or http://servername/reports as I am not able to autenticate or access is denied due to invalid credential using the same account. I would appreciate if any kind s...

reports slow after converting to Access 2007
Hi, We have some reports running unbelievably slow after converting from Access 97 to 2007 .mdb format. These same reports run great in 97, with the same backend. These reports use paththrough queries that call SPs in the backend SQL 2005. Even going into design mode or saving these reports take a long time. Really strange. Is there some hot fix for this? I have SP2 already installed. Any help would be appreciated as I'm at my wit's end. If you are using Access 2007, but the file extension is ".mdb", you have Access 2007 running in/against Access 2003 ...

Uninstalling Analytical Accounting
Does anyone have instructions on how to uninstall Analytical Accounting from GP 10? We have a client that has used AA for about a year and they no longer want to use it. The best I can do is find instructions related to GP 8, but I would feel much better using updated processes, if they exist. Thanks Article ID #915903 'How to remove Analytical Accounting from a computer that has Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 installed' has worked for me. "Scott S." wrote: > Does anyone have instructions on how to uninstall Analytical Accounting from > GP 10? We have a client tha...

REPORT
I am looking at my monthly report. I am looking at the bottom where it shows the graph what my accounts will do in the future. One of my accounts shows incredible increase in the near future. It sky rockets to over 150k in from 2k in one year. How can if find out why this is happening? Donnie I see it has something to do with items that have been automatically trended for some reason. If I deleted all "trends" will they come back? I really only want to see "Bills" trended. I noticed that several items were trended when they did not need to be. "Donnie Peterson&qu...

CRM 3.0 and Reporting Services
I have installed CRM 3.0 SBE on SBS 2003 sp1 / SQL Server 2000 sp4. The installation of reporting services failed. I haven't looked at the error at the time of installation. What would I need to do to install Reporting Services. Thanks in advance ...

SSL
Hi, I finally have a working SBS 2003 SP1 install of CRM3.0 using SSL. I can access reportserver and reportmanager directly, but trying to run the reports through the CRM interface results in 'unable to establish trust' type error (after I turned on error display) I am currently using a private cert (possibly mismatched server name) - I have to accept this condition on initially opening - and wondered if this might be the issue? I saw somewhere that I could say for RS not to check the cert detail - but where please? TIA Chris ...

Unbound reports
I'm facing this problem: I want to create a report dynamically from VBA. The data for this report is stored in a Db outside Access 2003. Due to security reasons I don't want to bind the table form the foreign Db to my Access DB. So I'm using a Data Link to create a connection towards the Db. I get all the data in an ADO recordset. From that recordset I want to create a report. I can't set the recordset of my report to the recordset I created, as this is impossible to do in Access 2003. Is the only possiblility to create a temporary query in my Db, build my report, and as I cl...

Run report without running access?
Hi - Dumb question: To keep it simple, can I create a link or shortcut for a report so that with a click of the mouse the report will show? GWB wrote: > Hi - Dumb question: > To keep it simple, can I create a link or shortcut for a report so that > with a click of the mouse the report will show? You can have it open Access, then your file, then your report. But Access and your file have to be opened. ...

Custom Report Security
Hi All, Is it possible to assaign security level for Custom Reports in Store operation Manager.I tried by Ctr+Alt+S security settings option, but its working except Custom Reports. Any thaughts..? CPDinesh@gmail.com Jumbo Electronics Co.LLC www.jumbocorp.com Matt, Do u have any idea? cp.dinesh "C.P.Dinesh" wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to assaign security level for Custom > Reports in Store operation Manager.I tried by Ctr+Alt+S > security settings option, but its working except Custom > Reports. Any thaughts..? > > CPDinesh@gmail.com >...

Error Message for Modified Forms and Reports
I keep getting an error message that stahes "Dictionary "C:\...Reports.doc" needs to be upgraded. Use Dynamics Utilities to update your modified forms and reports." What is the solution to correct? Check if you added any chunk files.. Are you getting the error on the server? This usually happens whenever a new product is installed or a new chunk file is loaded. -- Marisol Mortera "Andy" wrote: > I keep getting an error message that stahes "Dictionary "C:\...Reports.doc" > needs to be upgraded. Use Dynamics Utilities to update you...

Reconciliation Report #3
I am anxious about switching from Quicken to Money 2003 (or 2004); however, I need one crucial report before I can do this. I've tried the 60 day trial of Money but I cannot find a reconciliation report. You see, after Quicken 2002 and above reconcile, they offer a complete report of all reconciled data and unreconciled data after (plus summaries). Is there a way to generate something like this in Money? Thank you, Roberto S. Matthews 5911 Forest Isle Dr. Apt 278 New Orleans, LA 70131 504-259-2934 rsmatth@hotmail.com In microsoft.public.money, Roberto S. Matthews wrote: >...