Analytical Accounting should work with Allocation Accounts

Analytical Accouting should allow posting to Allocation Accounts and roll
down the allocation dollars to the distribution accounts just as it rolls
down general ledger dollars to the allocation distribution accounts.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=93ad3d44-7ad8-4085-8ee0-d7ba1e4139eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
sdiehl (2)

MDA and Analytical Accounting
Can Multidimensional Analysis and Analytical Accounting be used simultaneously? ------=_NextPart_0001_857158BF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can I ask why you would want to do that? David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy. This pos...

subform works every other time
Hey. I have a data entry form that has a subform based on a query. The subforms query is based on a table that holds the cpsi (cost per sq. inch) of our steel plate stock. What its supposed to do is, when you pick a size of plate to enter, it tags the entry with its cost per inch. It works, however I wrote a code to make switching from size to size easier, and now it only works every other time. It seems to be some sort of refresh problem. But when I put me.refresh into the code it errors out with "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't ...

Account Alias in FRx.
Hi, Is possible to print accoun alias in a FRx report? Thanks a lot.. -- Evelin. Not unless you enter it somewhere in the row format. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > Is possible to print accoun alias in a FRx report? > > Thanks a lot.. > -- > Evelin. ------=_NextPart_0001_31E0DFAA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Evelin, Thanks for your question about FRx. Charles was correct, the only way to accomplish this would be to add that information to the row format. I would recommend adding this as a Pr...

Why does my bottom double border button not work?
I customized my tool bar to include a button that will put two underlines in the bottom of a cell. It seemed to work for a couple of day, but now when I click on it, it only places a single line at the bottom of the cell. If I go in an manually format the cell for a dual line, the button on the tool bar is highlighted. If anyone knows what is causing this I would appreciate a solution. Jeff It's a bug. Some people report that it was fixed by installing service packs, others (like me) still have the problem. Here's a thread that suggests a workaround. http://groups.google.c...

RMS - CRM
I run Dynamics CRM 4.0 and RMS 2.0 . What options do I have for Accounts integration between these three products (Crm, Accounts Application, RMS). I was hoping by now there would be a seemless link but I cannot see one and I've been waiting 4 years now ! :-) Because we are UK based Accounting 2009 looks our only option as GP seems far to complex for us. Can you help me out with these questions ? 1) Does anyone have any news on integrating pos2009 to accounting pro 2009? 2) Should I migrate to accounting pro 2009 and prey that a link is born. I'm getting fed up of double enter...

IE upgrade broke account update
I just upgraded to IE v8 and forgot that all IE upgrades break the account update feature within MS Money... can someone please remind me what I have to do in IE to get MSM account updates working again? Regards, Mike k5map@arrl.net | 2009-06-27 | 8:46:24 AM wrote: >I just upgraded to IE v8 and forgot that all IE upgrades break the >account update feature within MS Money... can someone please remind me >what I have to do in IE to get MSM account updates working again? Uninstall Internet Explorer v8 -- Steve Bell New Life Home Improvement Arlington, TX USA ...

Importing mail accounts
Hi, I just installed Office XP 2002, up from 2000. I have tried to import my mail accounts that I saved in .iaf files, but when I go to File, Import..., Import Internet Acct Settings, it immediately says "No internet accounts found to import"!!! Problem, it doesn't even ask me where it should be looking for them. Is there a fix or way around for this? TIA alphonse <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Office XP 2002, up from 2000. I have > tried to import my mail accounts that I saved in .iaf > files, Outlook 2000 in Internet M...

Multipul Email accounts
I have been setting up my Outlook 2003 for email accounts for my wife and myself we have different addresses on the same IP address Outlook says the addresses are working but only my account is downloaded from the IP. what is the problem. Jeff H. You should check with your isp for set detail. If your receiving mail from two isp's, you need to be sure you have the correct POP3 (incoming) and SMTP(out going) settings. I use earthlink for my ISP, but I pull mail from my office e-mail and have different pop3 and SMTP info for each account >-----Original Mes...

Uninstalling Analytical Accounting
Does anyone have instructions on how to uninstall Analytical Accounting from GP 10? We have a client that has used AA for about a year and they no longer want to use it. The best I can do is find instructions related to GP 8, but I would feel much better using updated processes, if they exist. Thanks Article ID #915903 'How to remove Analytical Accounting from a computer that has Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 installed' has worked for me. "Scott S." wrote: > Does anyone have instructions on how to uninstall Analytical Accounting from > GP 10? We have a client tha...

Analytical Periods
I am now in trouble while running Multi-level query in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Analytical accounting. I have already setup a fiscal year from July to june of 13 periods of last 2 periods with same date as recommended by Microsoft where last period is for year end adjustments. When I was selecting period 3 of an year, it intimated me to select fiscal year from 7 to 12. When finaly I looked into Reporting period setup of Analytical accouting I found this error that Fiscal year 2007 which was starting from July 2007 to June 2008 appearing as July 2007 to December 2007 and next year whic...

Checkboxes don't work in merged cells

Accounts for customers
Hi, How I can specify the accounts for customers??? I've used taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd xml but there isn't any fields where I can put the Sales account, Cost of Sales account, etc, in the customers maintenance I can specify them, I have great plains 7.5, eConnect 7.5. Regards Unfortunately, there is no eConnect node that can be used to specify the distribution on the customer record. To roll out proper accounts, we first created Customer Class - then manually updated every account on each class - and then we assigned it customer to that class and it takes care of the distribution...

Accounts
What is your recommened way to handle a user that is not longer with the companies user account in AD with exchange. 1. if you disable the account does that disable the exchange mailbox? we do not want this to happen we foward the users mail to their supervisors for a period of time. what is the recommended way to handle this situation? thanks I have similar situation and what i have done is First change the username and password. ( Don't change Exchange alias ) 1) You can choose to keep it that way and have the mails get collected in mail box and load this mailbox as additional ma...

Why dose my desk top alert not work
Heloo I cant get my desktop alert to work, have checked all the ticks in email options and they are ticked, It workes manuall when clicking send/recieve Your help is graetfully recieved spursman ...

Project Accounting
In Project Accounting, when you are addiing Projects to Employee in the Project Access List , it would be nice to only see "Open" projects. -- ACG ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Imported statements go into wrong account
I have associated one of my real accounts with the wrong account in Money 2009 delux (current version). How do I remove this association so I can fix it. Anytime I import now, it no longer gives me the option to pick an account (since it already knows which one it belong to (i.e. the wrong one)) In microsoft.public.money, singha wrote: >I have associated one of my real accounts with the wrong account in Money >2009 delux (current version). How do I remove this association so I can fix >it. Anytime I import now, it no longer gives me the option to pick an >account (since...

Balancing an account #2
MS Money 2004 Premium I've downloaded 3 months worth of checking statements to Money and the account balance is way off. I've tried to fix it with the "balance" feature, but keep making things worse, not better. Is there a step by step guide that someone can give me? I have my bank statements and think the following is the problem: My earliest downloaded statement starts with a transaction on November 3rd. My account balance (from my bank) and the balance that Money shows, are two entirely different numbers. Is there an easy way to adjust the beginning numbers...

Question about Word/Works
Is the Word in Microsoft Works Windows 7 the same as Word 2002, though slightly updated? Why does the interface look so different? It almost resembles more of a cartoon of Word 2002. There's a flatness to its appearance, and I don't like the flap off to the right. I want everything in a streamlined window as in Word 2002. Wrong Group! This group is about Word for the Macintosh... However, I suspect what you are seeing is "Word 2007". Microsoft Works usually contains the current version of Word, in this case, 2007. In which case: Welcome to the new worl...

when I open outlook, the messages from POP3 account are all delete
I am very frustrated, and this makes me not use outlook. What to do to have my other email mailbox unchanged? Thanks! Are you saying that you have two computers but you want only one computer to download all messages from the server while the other computer should download the messages but keep them on the server for other computer to access them? If so, then you need to put a check mark around: "Leave a copy of messages on the server". To get there, try this on the machine THAT SHOULD NOT DELETE ANY MESSAGES: 1) Open your outlook (if it is not open) 2) On the Me...

From an analytical's standpoing -- how to get categories right?
Okay, I'm trying to use Money for what it's supposed to be for, categorizing everything properly, and not throwing everything into the "Miscellaneous" category. But what about a number of odd things, such as: Stamps or other similar items... I can't call them Groceries, and it doesn't seem proper to call them Household, either? Tithing... giving my 10% to my church doesn't seem to have an applicable category. I'm sure there are others, but these are the two that have been bugging me as of late. Ken In microsoft.public.money, Kenneth Pardue wrote: ...

Multiply Exchange Accounts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can Office:Mac 2008 Can Entourage handle 2 different exchange accounts at the same time? These was possible with Entourage in Office 2004 Home and Student version. gemcconnell@officeformac.com wrote: > Can Office:Mac 2008 Can Entourage handle 2 different exchange > accounts at the same time? These was possible with Entourage in > Office 2004 Home and Student version. Entourage in both the standard version of Office 2008 and Office 2008 Special media Edition supports multiple Exchange accounts. Entourage in ...

Accessing contents of InBox (doesn't work since new personal folders were added)
Hello, I hope someone can help with this. I've searched Google but not found any answer. I have a VB case management application which runs as a client application against an SQL server. One of the tasks is that the user can log receipt of an e-mail. I do this by showing a list of all e-mails in their InBox and allowing them to choose one, along with any attachments it may have. The details of the e-mail, body text and attachments are then saved to a central server. The relevant code for reading the InBox is (simplified) :- Dim omOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim omInBox As Outlook...

Loan not working correctly- again =(
I just realized that my loan information was set up incorrectly, and Im not sure how to fix it. Okay, like I said in my post, I am trying to create a loan which is accruing interest NOW, BUT i dont have to make payments until 05. However, when I try setting up the loan, it doesnt calculate interest now. It just has it at the principal amount and does not start caclulating interest until 2005. Secondly, I have a question about making the payments. I would like to start making payments on my loan now. When I tried to do so under "incorrect" loan account", it won...

Generate Leads/Accounts/Cases from a public website?
Greetings all, My employer asked me to investigate using a public .Net website to help generate information to be used in CRM. Specifically, he'd like our website to have webforms that, when filled out and submitted, would generate leads, accounts, or cases depending on what our needs are (I suspect generating leads would suffice for now). Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this? I've found it difficult to find information online concerning this. We're currently using CRM 3.0 although I'd be interested to know what differences would be in...

Data Source for Analytical Accounting
When I run any of the queries for Analytical Accounting, it processes partially and then appears to hang. If I go to the Task Manager, I can see a task for Select Data Source. When I swtich to the that task, I can select a data source and then must login and the query finishes writing to Excel. How can I setup the data source to be saved, selected and logged into, automatically. It does not seem like this should be something a user has to do each time. Thanks I am having same problem too,moreover the screen of multilevel query is displayed at status bar,I cant restore it or close ...